Hilliard Lyons Employee Reviews

Great place to get your foot in the door, get some experience, and then move on
Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 21, 2017
This company will hire and train its employees to grow- as long as you are lucky enough to work under a manager who cares. Otherwise, management does not pay attention to its employees as it relates to furthering their careers.

Starting a job here with no experience is ok because the company will train you on the skills and systems you need to know to do the job. But once trained, their is no upward mobility- only lateral positions to transfer to within the company.

Learning the business was exciting in the beginning, however once you learn your job- there are no programs to train the employee on how to advance their career unless management is willing to assist.

The hardest part of the job was learning the computer system without any formalized training. They hand you a manual and it's up to you to teach yourself.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the excitement of seeing the stock market change each day and the notion that working in an investment firm looks good on your resume- if you are willing to pay the fees to get your brokers license (which is also something the company will not pay for unless they want to).
Pros
Working downtown, nice building, and the occasional bonus
Cons
Paying for parking downtown and no career growth
Very laid back and non-progressive.
Client Service Associate II (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 23, 2016
The office I was located in is very laid back, non motivating environment which I feel is behind the times. You are not pushed in any way to be successful.
Pros
Good benefits and competitive salary.
Cons
Non-progressive environment. Tends to make one become lazy.
Generally a good place to work
Help Desk Lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 22, 2016
Hilliard is driven by the financial industry which has a negative impact on the Information Technology portion of the company. Change is not a welcome thing even where it may be of great use
Great corporate culture.
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 12, 2016
No day was the same as the day before. I learned the investment / retirement planning business. Home office management was excellent. My co-workers were not team oriented. The hardest part of my job was learning how to generate revenue and make a living. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people identify their financial goals and putting an appropriate plan in place for them.
Pros
Always meeting new people
Cons
Very competitive
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 13, 2014
Hilliard Lyons is a great place to work. There is very much a family-type atmosphere, and high ethics abound.
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 25, 2014
A typical day would include researching reliable financial figures and putting together financial statements. I learned a lot about financial statements and tax incentives. The hardest part of the job was finding reliable figures when researching a very unique commodity not known to exist in the area before. I enjoyed putting together reliable statements and justifying my findings with management.
Great place to work!
Sales Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KY 42701May 10, 2013
Wonderful people, with wonderful values.

Relaxed environment, flexible work schedule, understanding management.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Na
One of the best jobs I ever had
New Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 2, 2012
The last position I had was in the "New Accounts Department". I talked with Brokers and set up accounts for new clients. I then received the paperwork for them. I got along well with my managers and co-workers. The work was very steady. We stayed busy. That made the day go by pretty fast.
Excellent company! Excellent relationships with Management and Employees!
Receptionist - Sales Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 26, 2012
Management, supervisors and co-workers were SUPERIOR to any company I have EVER worked for! Always opportunities for personal/professional growth and teams that are willing to help you do it!
Pros
opportunities for advancement, excellent benefits, excellent management!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilliard Lyons. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2