Hillsborough Community College

Hillsborough Community College Employee Reviews

Great place to work, salary is low
Student Services & Enrollment Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 30, 2015
Great place to work, salary is low. Work life balance is outstanding. Time off for school if you have young kids is outstanding. Health insurance is a plus.
Positive working environment with great staff
Adjunct Nursing Instructor -Present (Current Employee), Off CampusJune 29, 2015
Part time position that provided the opportunity to interact and impact students. Very student focus program, fellow instructors were very positive and caring about students well-being and had the desire to see students succeed. Weather it was in the Lab or in the hospital the most enjoyable part of my job was the excitement and the gratitude of each student. Management were very supportive in meeting the needs of the staff as well as the students .
This was a very eye opening place to work for.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Brandon, FLMay 9, 2015
I learned a bit from working at this place but at the same time everyday was different then the last day was. I would not work for them again but at the same time the position I had there taught me about what it was like to work at a desk.
Excellent work environment and professional administration
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 4, 2015
Pros: evening hours to work with my day work schedule
Cons: none so far
Excellent work environment and professional administration have been incredibly helpful in my time working at HCC. It has been an absolute pleasure teaching a subject I enjoy with, and around, others who share my passion for education.
Relationship with English colleagues very positive, but administration and committee structure not academically supportive.
English Instructor (Current Employee), Brandon CampusApril 29, 2015
Pros: Freedom and flexibility in the classroom
Cons: Heavy loads. Not evaluated on teaching effectiveness but on other criteria.
The regular teaching load for an instructor is 5 classes per semester. This semester I am teaching 4 different courses. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I am with students from 8 AM until 4 PM. Besides the classroom time, the load for grading papers is very heavy for composition teachers. I have strengthened my classroom pedagogical and classroom management skills. I have also developed additional confidence in myself as a teacher. My co-workers are very collegial,scholarly, and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is working directly with students and guiding their improvement
Great job for a college student with no bills
Collegiate 100 President (Current Employee), RuskinApril 16, 2015
Pros: Networking opportunities
Cons: Pay
I love HCC! But it is not a job one can live on because the pay is for a college student who lives with their parents still. Other than that, everything is great.
productive workplace
Student Assistant-Testing Center for Disabilities (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2015
Pros: enviroment
Cons: temporary position
What I learned is to enhance my interpersonal skills, working sometime with Professors, students, Administrators.
Time management was the most important factor I learned to better manage duties and school without conflict.
Dissappointing Outcome
Test Proctor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 28, 2015
Pros: its work
Cons: it is under appreciated work
There are to many personal influences that govern day to day operations making it difficult to focus on the real reasons for being there, the students.
On campus events staff
Staff (Former Employee), TampaMarch 4, 2015
Pros: close to classes
Cons: pay every 3 weeks
I was part of helping with events that required to serve students food and school supplies. I also would work in the fitness center that was on campus.
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2015
The culture at Hillsborough Community College is great. Everyone that is available will give you a hand if you ever need it.
LOVED this position - Company & Management Family Friendly
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: awesome supervisor, worked with my schedule, saved gas - work and class on campus
Cons: once graduate employment had to end, low pay -low hours
Even though it was minimum wage and only 20 hours a week the person i worked for made it worth it. AMAZING and missed very much. Grading papers, organization, office work.
Love the environment
Allied Health Staff Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa FloridaJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: fun people to work with
Cons: salary is on the very low pay range
Working with students and instructors to ensure that all supplies and materials are ready for classes. Inventory of books, materials and enrollment documents for prospective students. The most enjoyable part of my day is communicating with the students. My co-workers are fun people to be around.
Experience and Progress
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great enviroment, flexiability, job security
Cons: low compensation
The typical work day is unchangeable. There are plenty opportunities within the workplace, but no room for growth. Leadership, specifically the department I work in, doesn't really show appreciation for its staff, which is something every leader should have. The hardest part in working for this institution is being able to gain experience in order to move on to bigger and better opportunities. The positive sides to this is being able to change lives, compensating those who wish to have a second chance in being career ready.
Unreliable, but good experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brandon, FLDecember 16, 2014
Unfortunately, my review is colored by the fact that my termination was handled very unprofessionally. It was purely due to the supervisor's idea that he needed to "take turns spreading the experience around" and had decided that I should only be employed one term. A fact that was undisclosed to me at the beginning and probably have led me to not working there.

Nothing wrong with the company, other than that they allowed him to do that. Hence the low review.
Great!
Bilingual Services Tutor (Current Employee), Brandon, FLDecember 1, 2014
Wonderful work environment. Great staff/students. I really enjoyed this job. It's so great to be able to give to those who are so appreciative.
Love this job and company
Financial Aide Assistance (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 5, 2014
As a valuable member of Financial Aid service team, helping with following administrative duties:
• Greeting Costumer and signing them in and out, by using “Who’s next” program
• Using “Datatel“ program to answer multiple question about Pell Grants and Loans for college students
• Helping and receiving students documentation for FASFA completion
• Responsible for file room reorganization; purging old files and ensuring quality of current files
• Downloading and scanning documentation in to “ImageNow” program
Unproductive work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 26, 2014
Pros: learning office setting
Cons: very very slow
Very, very quit, not task given to performed or to better the center. Learn general office skills. Management very flexible, but poor handling tasks to give its employees. Co workers nice. Hardest part having not much to do. Helping student to perform job searchers and building resume techniques.
College environment. Laid back and quiet for the most part.
CASHIER (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaOctober 17, 2014
Pros: free books, connections within the school system.
Cons: little pay.
A typical work day consisted of running a cash register, counting in new inventory, selling books, and some janitorial duties.
Friendly and supportive environment.
Academic Success Center ESOL/EAP Tutor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere.
Cons: i need more money.
Typically I come into work prepared to help students who have made tutoring appointments with me. The front desk gives me my appointments for the day. I get my iPad and begin.
internship
Customer Service (Former Employee), Brandon, FLSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
This was a great intership position allowing time to work and attend school.

1 2 3 4