Hillsborough Community College Employee Reviews

Student Assistance Services (Former Employee) –  Ruskin, FLOctober 13, 2017
I loved working for the hcc bookstore. During the summer it is slow but it was a very good place to work for. I loved the atmosphere almost all of the employees were friendly.
Hcc
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLOctober 11, 2017
This is a most enjoyable job. The company has great benefits and is able to work with busy life schedules. A typical day for me consist of going to a few meetings and then getting work done in my office and having the occasional student stop by. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere and people i get to work with.
temp
Teaching Assistant & Guest Speaker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 8, 2017
this was a temporary gig for me, but working for a college was a lot of fun!

I had the fortunate opportunity to be a guest speaker for a photoshop class, and a substitute teacher for a short while at the age of 23.

It will always be a proud feather in my cap!
Pros
the feeling of educating students, and seeing they walked away with new skills is a rewarding experience, the pay
Great Place!
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 4, 2017
HCC offers an ever changing work environment. Coworkers and management are wonderful people to work with. The students are inspirational and the experience gained from working here will last a lifetime.
clinical teaching labs
Climical Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33614August 28, 2017
A typical work day starts with assigning the students to their clinical area with in the hospital. I then follow their progress with the care they are providing for patients. Over a ten week periods, the focus is their critical thinking and technical skills.The nursing student is taught to participate in grand rounds, providing information about the patients to the multidisciplinary team. This is an enjoyable job, It is satisfying and rewarding, I am happy to know I am making a difference to a future nurse.
Pros
Once a week, with the same students
Cons
Ten week is too short
Easygoing, but still teaches valuable administrative and social skills.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 26, 2017
A simple and honestly very slow job, at least for my department, which is the Academic Affairs building. At times things would be a bit hectic when it came to student concerns. But overall not much happened truthfully.
Productive and supportive environment.
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Ruskin, FLJuly 20, 2017
A typical day is helping instructions have smooth lectures or labs. You'll see students rushing to class, studying in the lobby or taking breaks. For the most part management is on point with their duties helping the employees with minor or major issues. We have a variety of all cultures here, very welcoming. The hardest part about my job is when my assistance is being pulled by many people at once on demand attention. The most enjoyable part of my job loving what I do. I'm constantly learning and shadowing in all departments especially chemistry.
Pros
Extra Tutoring, great break room.
Cons
Part time recieves no benefits.
I work here just because it is not complicated
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2017
This is one of the worse managed colleges. The president received a vote of no confidence, yet he refuses to resign. The president was arrested for DUI, and nothing is done. The adjuncts have the lowest pay of any school. They tried to intimidate the adjuncts from forming a union, which was successful.
Pros
It is easy due to having been there so long.
Cons
Everything else: low pay, no respect, no concern for adjunct faculty.
Easy
Anatomy and Physiology Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2017
Hillsborough Community College is not a bad place to work when it comes to looking at the overall picture, I am able to get my work done and have the time I need for school along with it.
HCC is a good plave to work but has low pay.
Part-Time English Instructor and Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2017
HCC is a great place to work. However, its part-time faculty have no job security, and the pay for part-time staff is lower than most schools in the area.
Work place is steady
Academic Advising (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 19, 2017
Great job overall, just pays very poorly. Job has great benefits and the management is great. Perks with the time off, because you get the same time off as the students.
IT Trainer
Lead Instructor/Course Developer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 16, 2017
• Prepared lectures and labs for A+ , Net+ and Wireless tracks
• Instructed A+ Tear down and build up-of machines and parts
• Led software trouble-shooting with real world issues
• Performed wireless setup and troubleshooting
• Reviewed networking concepts and troubleshooting tools
• Assisted in creating lesson plans for other instructors
• Instructed night classes (full-time position at EduTech/FCC during the day)
Insane work-life benefits. That's about it.
Tampa - Professor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 4, 2017
We had a lot of freedom to do things as needed. That being said, administration was poor, or at least upper admin was. Raises were non-existent, salary is not keeping with cost of living adjustment.
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 30, 2017
Typical day included software installation, installing equipment, assisting students with assignments, cleaning up computer lab, interacting with students.
Accounting Instructor
Accounting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 24, 2017
Community College. Taught business courses, so it had less of an academic feel, since the students taught were being trained for immediate employment. Enjoyed the interaction with students and other faculty, including faculty in other academic areas. Staff and Administration supportive. However, funding left me to find and pay for software and training materials out of pocket.
Pros
Summer time free to pursue other interests
Cons
Schedule can include evenings and weekends
Okay place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dale MabryMay 22, 2017
A lot of manual work; lots of reviewing and auditing your work. Most people are pleasure to work with and put forth a team effort. Most enjoyable part is the time off.
Best job ever
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time working there by far the best job. Wonderful work environment staff was amazing and the school has the most caring people from staff, professors and the cleaning department.
Pros
loved working there
Enjoy working here.
Adjunct Computer Science Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2017
I have worked at HCC for many years and truly enjoy it. The people are great and they have lots of options for employment if you want to move around. They value employee work life balance too.
Great place to collect a paycheck from
Office of Information Technology Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 24, 2017
Its a great place to collect a paycheck form. The benefits are pretty good and the time off is unmatched. Most of your day is spent on politics. Do your job, keep your head down, and you'll do fine.
Pros
Time Off
Cons
Peers & Politics
Temporary Assignment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 17, 2017
I was only there a few months. The people I worked with were great and the work was challenging. I created a Power Point presentation for the Executive I worked with and helped get her files in order.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hillsborough Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3