Hillsborough Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Calm and relaxing workplace
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2016
Having the chance to do work study on campus was the best. It coincided perfectly with my personal life, and when work was slow, I had the opportunity to study for my classes.
Pros
Amazing Supervisor
Cons
Very limited on hours, no raises
Great job!
Federal Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ruskin, FLAugust 2, 2016
I worked as a Federal Government Student Assistant. I was placed in the financial aid office to assist and guide new students the best I could wile filing confidential paperwork.

This job is very easy going with lovely staff that make you feel you are always welcome.

I recommend working here. They work around YOUR school schedule! Very flexible and rewarding as you become closer with other school staff.
Pros
Welcoming, very laid back, easy work, LOTS of FREE TIME, they willingly work around your school schedule
Cons
Minimum wage, can get boring some days
Organization of good people
Student Services (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 21, 2016
The staff is wonderful. Overall, they care about the students and do a very good job. Pay is not great but time off is nice. Did not really see much room to grow professionally despite lots of years of experience in higher education.
Pros
Holidays, time off
Cons
Subpar pay, very little opportunity to advance
A great place to learn new things.
Personal Assistant (notetaker) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 13, 2016
As a Notetaker I was paid to attend college courses and take notes for disabled students. It was a wonderful learning opportunity considering since I was able to attend 6-9 classes a semester.
Hardest part of the job was taking everything down when the instructor uses kinetic learning or class discussion for their lessons. the best part was how much I learned though.
Pros
"free" college courses
Cons
no credits for the courses
Selfish
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 22, 2016
Most upper level administration are selfish and dont rightly care about the students. I really dont see how they are allowed to operate in the manor they do.
Great Employer
Sciences Faculty - Undergraduate Allied Health (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 21, 2016
Great place to work. Nice staff and faculty

Great Pay

Central Location

High on Technology

Students are eager to learn and get along with faculty
Great hands-on experience and agreeable staff
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2016
Working at this location on a typical day could be relaxing at some points and then quickly change to many different jobs needing attention at once. It was a fun environment to work in and there was so much to learn everyday. I learned about proper hazardous waste disposal, various media in conjunction with bacteria including agar plates and slants, and I even learned about different chemicals used and how they're made. My co-workers were very nice and helpful for the most part. The hardest part about the job was making sure everyone had everything they needed at the same time. I was running two different labs at once that sometimes had same-time lectures, so that made it a bit stressful giving help to both. It was like trying to be in two places at once. I mostly enjoyed the overall work environment and the helpfulness of the staff and my co-workers.
Pros
comfortable work environment
Cons
low pay
Great place to work.
Hillsborough Community College Gym (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 6, 2016
Other than attending school at this college, I enjoy working here. My boss is very nice and helpful, the other employees are great, the environment is nice. My job at HCC is supervising the gym,checking the school ID's from students who would like to workout and making sure they sign in and out to keep a record of everyone who enters the gym. I like to interact with people so that's a plus, there is really no hard part about my job, I enjoy being there.
Great workplace and helps develop students
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 24, 2016
In a typical work day it is my job to assist student with the right information in order for them to graduate and move on to the University. My co-workers are fine but when I am working I try to focus on the students and making sure they have a great experience along with succeeding in completion for their studies.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Wages could be better
Great Boss
Administrative Assistant to Campus President (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2016
Delivered mail, set calendar dates, answered 6 line phone system, made labels, typed documents on MS word, very nice, professional bosses, professional atmosphere
Pros
great location while going to college
Cons
the pay
It is a great place to have a part time job and supplemental salary.
instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 11, 2016
It is a part time job that is very fun and I love working there. However, lately, there has been less job security over the years. It is not a good thing not knowing if you have a job semester by semester.
I loved it here!
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2016
Everybody was great and supportive! We became a family while working here. There was plenty of work to do, you met great individuals daily, benefits, and you were rewarded well for hard work.
It fun at times.
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 17, 2015
Productive work place the employee got along and we work very well together. My communication skill improve a lot and learned how to put learned program that the school system was using. The hardest part was dealing student that that would get of hand. The best part was working with my co-works.
Pros
fliex hours
Cons
trying study when there was students around.
Great for Students
Learning Resource Center Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2015
Awesome place to work. Understanding managers, able to do homework, light work. The work is truly part time and is a perfect recommendation for full time students.
Simple
Part-time technician (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLNovember 12, 2015
Easy going work environment, most issues are simple paperwork fixes, and clear communication tends to solve every problem.
Cons
Pay increases are very slow
Very easy to work for HCC, everyone is helpful.
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 21, 2015
My job is based from making appointments for students, to helping them register for classes. I use my social skill on daily basis.
Excellent place to work/great environment
Supervisor of Admissions (Former Employee) –  YborOctober 19, 2015
The college is an excellent place to work - great benefits, great time off and a good environment. Enjoyed my years of service at the college.
Pros
Time off and educational benefits
Cons
Ocassionally some Saturday work
a productive and rich in knowledge type of environment
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ruskin, FLOctober 16, 2015
I enjoy coming to work everyday to learn more and more about my future career field. the professors are very welcoming and ready to pass on their knowledge. very grateful to have been chosen again for the work study program!
Professional and wonderful place to work
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  tampa flOctober 15, 2015
I enjoyed working there and learned a lot. We worked on the community calendar for Bounce TV. The director has been in the business for over 10 years and has a lot knowledge to help the lower level personal excel.
Pros
worked with national tv stations where work was aired
Cons
wanted more work to do
I enjoy working with students who want to learn
Medical Coding Adjunct Instructor-ICD-10-CM Coding (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 16, 2015
Teach ICD-10-CM coding (Introduction). After complete of the class students will know how to abstract information from the medical record and refer to the alphabet index and confirm in the tabular sections.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
No training

4.2