Hillsborough County, FL Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Opening school , turned on heat or air if needed, making grounds safe
Head Custodian (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 4, 2017
It was a satisfying job , knowing I was making a work place safe for staff , and children, I learned a lot from mantances, and it was very helpful in opening my own business, cleaning,painting , and basis repairs, I can operate power tools, special equipment, and feel very satisfied when a job is completed.
Pros
Working in a family like environment
Cons
Sometimes being a supervisor could be difficult, having to put in long days
Fun friendly atmosphere
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 31, 2017
Working with little ones could be stressing but it is also beneficial to the learning process. Very rewarding and great atmosphere and very rewarding.
Challenging work in an ever-changing environment
Librarian (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 22, 2017
As a public librarian, I wear several different hats, balance the demands of various responsibilities, and strive to provide excellent customer service at all times.
I love working for the school board and kids ..im a fast worker i underztand really good
Frost elm (Current Employee) –  3950 e faulkingburgMarch 17, 2017
Im hard worker im on work on time ..i get along withmy workers .. im stay on my jobs verylong
You have to wacht the kids help teachers . Line the kids up you have to enjoy and be mindful of the kids and staff
Pros
Good coumpany
Cons
Great
Boring, non professional people in management positions/human resources is a joke.
Senior Human Resources Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 27, 2017
Very mediocre people in critical positions doing nothing. Counting the hours to go home. No motivational leadership. Very back stabbing environment. New people with new ideas walked in egg shells so they can keep their jobs. Servicing or lines organizations can care less ...
Benefits
Cons
Very poor managers and always in clicks...
Hambiente amistoso
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Muy buen trabajo y un ambiente comodo.No hay precion y todo muy bien..
Pros
Seguro bueno
Cons
Mas reconocimento a los empleados
I enjoyed the job and working with people who had your back.
Security Officer Armed (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 31, 2017
My shift might have started at an entry point checking people into the various county buildings, walking interior/exterior patrols, responding to an emergency, working a front lobby desk, or watching over the interiors and exteriors of the buildings with video cameras. I had to be mentally and physically able to respond to just about any situation at a moments notice. From this job I learned to read people, deal with people and help people. The people I worked with all had a great sense of humor to help us through the busiest or the slowest of days. We watched each others backs and looked out for the well being of the people coming and going throughout the day. The hardest thing was to not allow something to slip by you when there were people trying to get something in that was not allowed into the county facilities. The best moments were helping people and going the extra mile for them and they get to were they need to go. This department closed January of 2010 and taken over by the Hillsborough County Sheriff's office.
Pros
I enjoyed working in this department. You had to be at your best.
Cons
Working in the loading dock checking packages in.
Nothing to say
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2016
It is a government job. You have to work tirelessly. Benefits are available. You have to like work. The people are nice. The city is nice. The commute is a challenge.
Good place to work for
Utilities Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  9811 Sheldon RdDecember 6, 2016
The County is growing and with that the opportunities are endless to grow and expand with and professional development. Hillsborough County is eager to develop and Mentor future candidates for management expanding their knowledge and presenting opportunities to invest in the future.
Pros
Lots of free education and training.
Cons
N/a
For sable park location was horrific
Hillsborough county traffic controls (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FlJuly 16, 2016
You would be better off to get a position with St Pete or city of Tampa. There are several employees that are the most difficult to work with. Some not all of the senior tech 3 are in need of servants not equal work associates as stated. If you have the ability to understand electronics you will not fit in because you will know more than some that have been there for a decade or more and they will not work well with you. This only applies to some of the tech3 not all.
Pros
bennifits, 4 ten hr shifts
Cons
several employe are the worst on record to work with
Interesting position, ability to learn and build on career choices
County Recorder (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 13, 2016
Recording offers an opportunity to learn and understand how residential and business properties are made part of the legal system. Co-workers and management are like minded and make the job a pleasant experience.
The most enjoyable part of the day is assisting and interacting with people.
Pros
Pay, benefits and work environment.
Cons
short staffed at times
professional , supportive , teamwork interaction
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Thonotosassa, FLSeptember 15, 2015
A typical day work is safely working my way through traffic where i have learned to practice lots patience .the hardest part is inclimate weather issues .my coworkers & i practice teamwork ethics .the management is professional & supportive .the most enjoyable part is always practicing safety first & being great mentor .
Pros
free shirts, breakfast & holiday treats & gifts
Cons
short breaks & traffic jams