Hillsborough County Employee Reviews

Retired
Clerk of Circuit Court (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2018
My work schedule with the Customer Service Department was busy on a daily basis. I worked with the telephone and email for correspondence requests in my immediate department and used my cell phone to coordinate requests when visiting other departments, working with Directors, Managers and Clerks. My position was enjoyable and fast paced. Even when we would have stressful situations, I was able to move forward to complete a request and keep our department supported with positive results. Being a good listener is one of my positive reinforcements for handling situations.
Pros
Fast paced
great place to work
CONTRACT COMPLIANCE INSPECTOR I (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 14, 2018
great work life balance. great people and great leadership.

plenty of advancement options. great place to work and network with lots of people in the community
great employees that worked hard
Senior Analyst/Specalist, Employee Relations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 10, 2018
the work place was not productive due to turnover and unhappy employees. Management did not support employees or provide a positive environment to ensure innovative ideas and stability. My three years working there was stressful and I was very unhappy because I was not recognized for my hard work and my contributions. Leadership very weak.
Pros
hours per week were fair, 40 hours. benefits okay, retirement fair.
Cons
Opportunity to grow
Steady and Struggling
Mathematics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2018
School try to do the best they can and Hillsborough County is no different. Schools have to balance parent concerns, student progress, and safety concerns. Overall, they did a more than adequate job, but there is always room for improvement.
Good Work Evnironment
Records Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 6, 2017
Hillsborough County is an excellent place to work. There is career potential and a warm and safe working environment,

Excellent benefits like vacation, holidays, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, as well as retirement options, health assistance, and other benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  County Center, and Sabal ParkNovember 21, 2017
I enjoyed my time With Hillsborogh County. The worst part was having to pay for parking downtown when I was located at County Center. Other than that I would recommend this employer.
Pros
Very good environment
Cons
had to pay for parking and walk several blocks to get to the office
excellent
Certified Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 1, 2017
Certified Volunteer – Hillsborough County, FL
St. Luke Coptic Medical Center
St. George Coptic Orthodox Church, Tampa, FL
Every Sunday as Medical Assistance working with practice fusion system
Pros
experience
Cons
no payment volunteering job
Micro-manage employees
General Manager III (Current Employee) –  601 kennedy aveOctober 22, 2017
The environment is not conducive for advancement in the organization there is a lack of communication from upper management. The employees are not valued for the jobs that they do.
Pros
Greatr benefits
Cons
lack of communication
Productive and enjoyed the experience
Talent Acquisition Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaOctober 21, 2017
Each day I learned something new and productive. Dealing with work challenges helped me to continue growing professionally.
I enjoyed helping new hires to come to work for Hillsborough County, had fun meeting new employees on the day of orientation.
Receiving feedback form upper level management gave me satisfaction. Worked one on one with managers and supervisors from other departments, also I learned about their system and their culture.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Limited time to help new hire
Teacher
Elementary School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 14, 2017
SDHC is not that bad to work as districts go. But the district is too large to properly manage itself. Teaching within the district is not as difficult as other places in Fl.
Micro mangement
General Manager III (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 9, 2017
Good benefits some nice employees the environment is constantly changing and there is a lack of communications that leads to information not shared throughout the agency.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
mico manage
Lots of opportunity within the lower ranks of the government
Division Director (Current Employee) –  TampaOctober 5, 2017
This is a great place to have your first career, easy to move around and great people to work with. Super benefits including retirement, and some matching of benefits.
Pros
Great opportunity to grow and move around for lower ranks
Cons
once you are near the top less opportunity to grow, very large and difficult to make changes in simple processes
IT Department
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 17, 2017
Old leadership, cronyism[sp] not supportive at all. Vert back stabbing, trying to find faults. Rules only applied to one section of the department, attitudes and unacceptable behavior is condoned. Work from home options are frowned upon. Seen as cheating and not working.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Poor Leadership
done
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  tampa, flJuly 22, 2017
This was an okay job. Substitute teaching in Hillsborough County is one of the higher paying counties. I would recommend. It is a great position that you can accept or reject places.
A lot of responsibilty
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2017
Provide Individual and Family therapy to adoloscents in crisis and their families. Work 40-55 hours a week. Dictatorship environment by management. A lot of paperwork required.
It is not secured anymore
Accountant I (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2017
Budget cuts are a constant threat . In my department, staff turnover is high resulting in stress due to having to cover additional workload from the personnel who are constantly leaving.

Management micro-manages
Pros
benefit
Cons
turnover budget cuts
slow paced, Management is educationally lacking
Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 3, 2017
Your day will start at 7 and end at 330 pm. Training was lacking and incomplete. the hardest part of your day will be dealing with the management personnel.
good company
Transfer Station Operator/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 16, 2017
the county is a good employer as long as you don't get caught up in the politics of government. The people downtown are disconnected from the actual workers.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management doesnt care about your well being
Very fun place to work
PARATRANSIT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 30, 2017
I enjoyed working for the Hillsborough County. The pay was really bad. But sometimes the benefits and the way treat you is worth staying for a long time. But I felt I was not going anywhere there. So I had to look elsewhere.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Hourly rate
A decent place to start
Community Collect Center Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 29, 2017
A nice county to get started it, plenty of room for advancement. I would suggest to always find a way to move up. The jobs aren't too hard.The people are nice and the employees are pleasant.
Pros
Flexible schedules, three days off
Cons
Long days