Hillsborough County

Hillsborough County Employer Reviews

the best job a groundskeeper could have
GREENSKEEPER II (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 2, 2014
Pros: the day before a holiday or after over seeding the superintendent would cook out for the whole crew
Cons: being hit by golf ball.
the superintendent was good to his employees. I could look forward to going to work the next day. Everybody was treated like one big family. Everyone worked like a well oiled machine together. the hardest part of the job was the over seeding because it would take 12 hours to do it. The best part of the job was cutting the green's.
Productive and active learning
Agriculture Industry Coordinator (Former Employee), Economic Development Dept., County CenterApril 15, 2014
Pros: security, training, benefits, and pay
Cons: office politics
Customer service for the Public concerning all sections of the Economic Development; Agriculture, Corporate Development, Minority/Small Business Enterprise, Small Business Start-up and counseling, Tourism Tax Development.
Communication is always a trial when you have so many making decisions, but eventually when the whole team comes together, then all – more... runs well.
Management of each section were very knowledgeable and intelligent. Throughout the years working there, I have learned more through their knowledge and advice.
My co-workers were easy to work with and around. We would work together and solve any situation that arose. We were always a team.
The hardest part of the job had to be watching tenured employees move on or retire, but when new people came into our section it was interesting and we were fortunate to be able to work with their new knowledge.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the amount of people I have met and was able to help them in some part of a process. I enjoyed the friendships and the professionalism and the knowledge I learned and have kept with me! – less
An amazing opportunity to represent the children of our future.
Guardian Ad Litem (Volunteer) (Current Employee), Tampa AreaMarch 28, 2014
Pros: the opportunity to play a role in giving children a brighter, better future and the ability to give back to my community.
Cons: can be heart wrenching at times.
I love my Guardian Ad Litem volunteer work. We are appointed by a District Judge to investigate and determine the needs of abused and neglected children. We are given simple and hard cases to deal with, but we work selflessly to better the lives of others. As a Guardian we do a lot of visits with children, interviews, research, and consultations with – more... other Guardian Advocates. This provides us the ability to deliver the most accurate and helpful recommendations we can to the Judge. Although, this is all done without compensation, the benefit of helping a child in need is overwhelmingly satisfying and rewarding in many other ways. – less
The work could be dangerous and you had to be alert at all times.
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 6, 2013
Pros: the agency had good benefits.
Cons: the danger factor.
I was very pro-active and looking for traffic violations and criminal activity. I was educated in the state laws and regulations. My co-workers were very good to work with and always there to help.
Leader ship is a necessity
Recreational Team Leader (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 24, 2013
Pros: hour lunch, team work
Come in everyday to smiling children from all ages, and everyday was a learning experience. Each group had their own age group of children from 20 to 30 and 3 coaches. the hardest part was having to tell the children no but i enjoyed being around the children.
Do not work there if you are an LPN
Nursing (Former Employee), Tampa, FlApril 12, 2013
Pros: lunch, clocking out
Cons: working conditions
If you are a med nurse you will go to the I/M to their pod which is set up all open, unless your in lock down. There is only 1 deputy to 72 I/M. Your responsibilities are too many to list. If you are an eve or night nurse you will be there min 2 hours beyond your shift. Not because your slow because what is expected of you. The pay is on the low end, – more... even with a background in corrections. Lastly the only reason I gave high start on job security is because there is never enough nursing help; so you will pretty much be there forever if you want. The enjoyable part of the job is when your clocking out to go home. – less
Good learning experience.
Account Manager (Current Employee), TampaDecember 7, 2012
Pros: education
Cons: salary
Great professional selling training as they are part of Lincare family. Provided great knowledge of products and services. Enjoyed the relationships of potential referral sources.
Stable job position
Electronic Technician III (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 8, 2012
Pros: secure position
Cons: not good benefits.
Learn about Water and Waste Water Process. Day to day thing. Work with PLC's, Scada and process equipment in Water and Waste Water Plants also Lift stations and Water Nodes.
three year old teacher
bus attendant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 10, 2012
lesson planning also doing one on one help with three year old some potty trainning.. always on the go never a dul moment...
Great place to work for advancement-yet I moved to another State
Office Assistant III (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2012
Pros: can set start/end time due to bus-park and ride
Cons: able to set lunch time, great benefits-healthcare
Remaining busy, which I enjoyed.to complete assignments
Learned the language of job to increase work productivity
Management-sometimes I had easier views to perform job
Co-workers worked very well together
Hardest: difficult to understand bad hand writing from 'others' for job
Enjoyable-challenging myself to commplete job before end of day
Advocate (Former Employee)June 25, 2011
Looking for new opportunities and reaching goals...