Hillsborough County Employee Reviews

Best opportuniyt for the starters and young soldiers
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Specialty Care CenterMarch 23, 2017
I worked for Florida Health Department for more than year and I think it is customer based government facility which misses many ethical functions. The staff is full of dignity and respect. I would like to say that needs more interaction between Accountants Vs. Revenue Department. Some of the guidelines are not clear and straight. Need more organized and clear guidelines for the payment collection. It seems like local train running on the same tracks for years, which need to be transitioned to the electric tram.
Excellent Team Building Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Great place to work for. Excellent benefits and team building culture. Personnel in all departments are friendly and kind. Provide great opportunity for educational advancement.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No salary increases
Ethics take a back seat
Sr. Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 29, 2016
Director of Procurement & Procurement Operations Manager, Procurement Leads have subpar ethics, foster a hostile work environment & Human Resources supports Management and ignores Employee documentation & concerns.
Pros
Cons
Overpaid, ineffective, inefficient, top heavy management
Great work place
Supervisor of Elections (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 2, 2016
Every day was a great day at work because we had a great management team, my job helping voters on a daily basis was very rewarding to me. What I learned most is every voter and how they feel is very important.
Pros
i enjoyed the opportunity to work with all cultures
Cons
Reduce my level of analysis of circumstances
A Busy Place to Work
Clerk of the Circuit Court, as an office assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2016
Overall good people work here, the work pace can be a little burdensome but all in all one feels one has done their fair share of work on a given day. Management could be better here, and communications need an improvement here.
Education
Public School Educator (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FloridaMay 11, 2016
Typical day at my school involved me teaching 6 lessons per day, sometimes 7 depending on other teacher attendance. I was able to hone and perfect my skills as a math teacher through my 5 years here. I always got along great with all of my coworkers in a very professional manner. The hardest part was the extra curricular activities I took on which really cut into my personal time.
I love working with the students!
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 17, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job is when I return to the same school, the student recognize me and remember my name. i definitely enjoy working there.
Bocc
Senior Human Resource Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2016
A very negative working environment. Several members in management positions should be replaced as they are sitting in the position(s) based on time in service and not qualifications. The organization itself is known for not following the same rules they are charged to enforce. Many workers have blatantly lied or covered up many mishaps. For this to be a government entity they need a full overhaul from top to bottom.
Cons
Compensation, benefits, and stress
This was a typical government office atmosphere
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 26, 2016
I only worked here for less than 6 mos before budget cuts resulting in being laid off. I worked for one person and he kept me busy reorganizing his office and document files. It was friendly and hectic as a government office seems to be,
Pros
working downtown is great
Cons
Job security
Social Services
Social Worker/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2015
Case Management and community-based services for Medicare, Medicaid patients enrolled in Home and Community-Based Waiver programs. The intent was to divert hospitalization and nursing home placement.

Want to know more about Hillsborough County?

Ask a question
Productive and punctual work place
social worker case manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 10, 2015
High volume customer work place with supportive management.
It is like working with family.
The best part of my job was knowing I can always help anyone that needed help.
Workplace was fun and also productive
Child Care Worker & Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 8, 2015
I worked several different areas in Hillsborough County, in Tampa, Florida. I worked with juveniles who had a lot of behavioral issues. I started out in Children's Services with this element. After working the 3-11 shift for several years and not being able to get onto the first shift I transferred to Consumer Protection. This shift was the day shift and much more agreeable with Job Work/Life Balance. I thoroughly enjoyed helping the residents of Hillsborough County against the unscrupulous businesses that always scammed them! The older generation especially were targeted and it was so sad. I was very proud when we were able to help get money back for the county residents and take these crooked businesses to task for all they had done. It was a very rewarding and enjoyable job and I wore a lot of hats because of us being so short staffed due to budget constraints. The only reason I left was because I was homesick for where I had been raised in the MD/PA area. The heat was overwhelming in Florida as well.
Pros
Lots of rewarding outcomes in helping people.
Cons
Pay was very low because it was down south.
Vounteer Zumba Instructor
Volunteer Zumba Gold Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ruskin, FLJuly 28, 2015
I love teaching the Seniors Zumba. The Management are very friendly and accommodating! The Seniors really enjoy the music and are very loving towards me.
Pros
Enjoy volunteering my free time!
Cons
Not paid.
Librarian 1
Children's Librarian (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 14, 2015
Primary responsibility was creating and doing children and young adult programs. Including reference work, general customer requests.
Pros
Great schedule
Cons
Planning children's programming demands a lot of time and attention.
Differing learning environment from school to school.
Substitute Teacher/Co-Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaApril 15, 2015
I wake up a 5:50 am and get ready for work. Location varies, but I usually work within a 10 mile radius. Since Middleton High filled the vacancy I was working, I have been working at a few schools that request me for work. This is because I can step in as a teacher, as opposed to most substitutes or co-teachers who are there to only manage the classroom. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist those students who are eager to learn. The stress level is very low, which works to my benefit as I am back in school at nights.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Locations vary.
There was never a goal
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough CountyMarch 4, 2015
Hillsborough County School never had a goal. There were too many bosses and not enough workers. The teachers were not allow to teacher. The classroom was being run by the manager downtown.
Grate place to work
Mechanical Technician /Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2015
Enjoyed working there.There are good days and bad days.The job is very political.Just due your job and cya.You have good people that work hard and you have people that are just hard to work for.
Pros
binafits
Cons
management do it my way.and if wrong its still your fault
Working in the warehouse
STOREROOM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tampa flFebruary 27, 2015
Working knowledge of storekeeping and warehousing methods and procedures, County purchasing procedures. Working knowledge of nomenclature, descriptions and source of equipment, materials and supplies. Ability to oversee the operations of a store or warehouse, conduct inventory of materials and supplies and keep related records, work effectively with others, plan, organize and supervise the work of others. Supervises all activities of a storeroom or warehouse to include storage, control, and issuance of materials and equipment, the development of storeroom or warehouse policies, practices, and procedures. Records and maintains pertinent data as to nomenclature, supply and inventory of equipment, materials and supplies. Institutes proper security controls to safeguard the facility against burglary, theft and pilferage. Maintains records and files. Assigns, reviews, and evaluates the work of subordinate staff.
Good starting point
Office Assistant I/Navigator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Great place to work if you want a long career opportunity. I love my job because I get to interact with the public and assist people who are going through difficult times.
Pros
great customer service skill building
Cons
job security
Park ranger (Current Employee) –  Wilderness parkJanuary 31, 2015
I learned communication skills, working efficacy, and good work ethic. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing people happy with the customer service I provide.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hillsborough County. Our community is ready to answer.

Hillsborough County Reviews by Location