Hillsdale Community Health Center Employee Reviews in United States

I worked for HCHC for 33 years & held different positions. A small community hospital was a good place to work
Home Care Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MichiganOctober 20, 2015
I started as an LPN & worked in Cardiopulmonary Dept. After a couple years I took a nursing position in Pediatrics. I loved working with the kids & my coworkers were great. It was a great team. Then due to the elimination of our Pediatric Unit, I transferred to the Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehab Unit. As I was working there I returned to school & received my RN. Upon completion of that, I was offered the Infection Control Coord position. That is where I spent most of my years working @ HCHC. That wasn't a very rewarding job but it was definitely a challenge. From that point, I needed a chance & transferred to the Home Care Department. I enjoyed working for HCHC. There is a good group of people that work there. There was always ups & downs as the hospital struggled to stay independent & profitable. One of the hardest parts of the job was all the changes as HCHC went through different mangers throughout the years. Another difficult issue was getting top management to pay attention to certain OSHA regulations.
Pros
Overall it was a good experience. I learned a lot about people.
Cons
It was not always a very rewarding job.
Constantly changing environment in mental health
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIJuly 31, 2012
For anyone who works in behavioral health it is understood that there are no typical work days. HCHC fortunately tries to take patients that they can actually serve/help. First and second shift is a mixture of running groups, spending 1 on 1 time with patients, and report writing. There are opportunities for employee's interests and hobbies to be included in groups.
It is a small unit so the most challenging aspect is the occasional clash of staff personalities and work styles. But they have a good program that focuses on stabilizing and helping the patient.It it rewarding to see patients make progress and heal.
Pros
periodic training and education, good compensaion
Cons
poor advancement opportunities
HIllsdale Community Health Center
Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIDecember 9, 2013
You worked very hard from the time you clocked in until the time you clocked out. you were lucky to use the restroom or grab a bite to eat. I learned how to be balance a heavy work load. Management would ask you about other staff members and then approach that staff member and tell that staff member what you told them. They didn't handle situations very well at all. The co workers were amazing, everyone got along and tried to help each other whenever they could. The hardest part of the job was that we were understaffed. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with the patients
Do not recommend
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIMarch 23, 2015
This is one of the most chaotic and unorganized facilities I've ever unfortunately worked at. Many health care hazards and concerns. My family will not go to this facility
Caring Community Hospital
RN Case Management (Current Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIAugust 18, 2014
Patient care is a number one priority. Doctors and nursing staff communicate well, and ensure best and safest practices are carried out always.
Pros
competent staff
Fun place to do an extern
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIFebruary 14, 2013
Typical day; busy busy busy, prep, clean, wipe things down, stock supplies, follow doctors and nurses from patient to patient doing everything asked and more.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
externship ended
A great place to work
Patient Accounts-MIS Externship (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIMay 14, 2013
The people were polite and helpful. I enjoyed looking up patient accounts and speaking with insurance companies. I was always eager to learn new things.

Hillsdale Community Health Center Reviews by Location