Hillshire Brands

Hillshire Brands Employer Reviews

Family oriented company
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Downers GroveJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free coffee everyday and free food tastings
Working for Sara Lee was one of my favorite places to work. I developed life long friends because of the work environment.
good salary and great benefits
production (Former Employee), Omaha NeJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: so appreciation of your wokers
Cons: good benefits
A day at work was good I always find ways to learn different jobs on each job I work. I got along with all co worker we play and joke and have fun. The hardest part of most of my jobs were working in the heat. I enjoyed all of my jobs I'm a hard worker and a fast learner. I like jobs that are a challenge to me.
Production Worker
Production Worker (Former Employee), Cincinnati,OhioJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: recived alot of hours
Cons: company close plant
Packer, Machine Operator. Cut and packed and ran vacuum sealing machinery. Worked with management and quality assurance to check on food quality.
Soild employment
Shipper and Receiver (Current Employee), Zeeland, MIJanuary 11, 2015
Hillshire Brands is a company that will be there for a long time. Employees at Hillshire are able to work constantly.
Jason Leidall Roles and Responsibilities
Supervisor Batch packaging (Former Employee), New London, WIJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free lunch - great meat sales program for employees, good benefits
Cons: worked several different shifts within a week.
This was the same company over view as the Hillshire Brands review. I was a utility supervisor and worked several different shifts in any given week. It was the beginning of the lean journey for me.
Jason Leidall Roles and Responsibilities
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), New London, WIJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free lunch - great meat sales program for employees, good benefits
Cons: worked several different shifts within a week.
A typical day for me could be one of any of the 3 shift operations. For starters I worked 3rd shift for about 6 months in the continuous areas, then applied for a utility role in the same department. I would cover one of 6 supervisors if they were sick, on vacation etc. When I was not covering or filling in for another supervisor, my main objective at the time was in lean manufacturing. We had a goal to save $100k in the batch kitchen area. Back in 2003 we had just begun the lean initiatives with in the facility. I worked on tact times, and new ways to monitor and track daily production requirements. I reported to the area superintendent. This was my 1st taste of lean concepts and training in a lean environment.
The management in the facility was top notch. I got along very well with my peers and superiors. The most enjoyable part for me was learning the lean, and stepping away from the same day to day production within the same dept. Some of the hardest parts of the job were the union rules, you had to be very cautious of moving personnel around and be sure you were following contractual obligations between the company and union.
stay away
machine/mixer operator (Current Employee), Zeeland, MIJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: two 30 min lunches
Cons: no home life. long hours. repetitive work. cold. no communication.
Since Tyson bought out Hillshire it has turned into a nightmare. No communication. 10+hr days 7 days a week. No end in sight. Tons of work not enough people. At this place its all about "its not about who you know its about who you blow" .
wonderful place to work management kept the employee morale encouraged
Team Leader/Multivac Operator (Former Employee), Florence, ALJanuary 5, 2015
My years at Hillshire Brands would consist of making sure the product was produced as cost effective as possible, food was packaged safely and correct. Also to ensure the safety of my coworkers. Management was great they always had time for employees no matter the situation. My co-workers were like family
we all got along for the most part. I enjoyed my job looked forward
to going everyday. When I found out the plant was closing was the
hardest part of my job along with trying to decide my next move.
A productive work place.
Laborer/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MODecember 29, 2014
A typical day consisted of showing up on time for your shift and hitting the floor. I learned a variety of things, from running machine and simple tasks such as hanging hot dogs and pushing carts. The management is easy going as long as you're performing your work duties. The employees there are easy to get along with and create a fun working environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing when you're done you get to leave, most of the tasks there are simple to perform.
National Account Management
National Account Manager (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILDecember 17, 2014
Managed Senseo Coffee Brand for Target and Walmart accounts. National account management.
Very busy and highly fast paced environment
Packaging Group Leader/supervisor (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIDecember 15, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, pay and benefits
Cons: equipment breaking down for a long period of time
Enjoyed working there, always busy keeping equipment running properly. Always had a start up safety meeting, as well as stretching excersizes before start of shift. Worked 2nd shift, so never needed an alarm clock
must work safely in a high paced environment
Group Leader (Former Employee), Traverse City MichiganDecember 15, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: not enough time for change overs
Good job and actually enjoyed working there. I worked well with management, as well as co-workers. The most difficult part of the job, was when the equipment broke down for a long duration. The best part of my job, was my athority to run my own area. Also the athority to train my co-workers safely, and in a organized fast paced environment.
Senior Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Florence, ALDecember 14, 2014
Everyday at the job was a productive day. Every day I would work with computer software programs such as: Excel, Spreadsheets, and Microsoft Word.
Great place to work with people and learn new ways to advance in the world job market.
Production Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Florence, ALDecember 11, 2014
Great place to work and grow with all the latest angles in work performance, lean, almost like getting ahead start on other company's with something for me to bring to the table on the job market.
production associate
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Florence, ALDecember 10, 2014
Pros: 30 min lunch
Cons: short break
fast-paced place to work at with various customer to deal and work with...
Employee Friendly Organization
Senior Manager Inclusion/Diversity (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCDecember 6, 2014
Due to deep pockets and need for positive reputation to support sales work at Sara Lee was wonderful.
Mediocre
KP Operator (Current Employee), Newbern, TNNovember 19, 2014
The company as a whole has a great system but plenty of flaws and unwilling workers to settle problems and reach standardized goals.
Good
Research and Development Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, INNovember 17, 2014
ok company. Good working conditions. No place to grow. but nice people. Small town
Good company, very well run.
Inventory Planning Analyst (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILNovember 17, 2014
Pros: very well run organization.
Cons: the culture was a bit cold.
Sara Lee did a lot of things right... the benefits/salary was good, work/life balance was respected, lots of room for advancement. But for me personally, it was too big and the culture was a bit cold.
Sr. Manager Multi Units/Regional Chains
Senior Manager, Multi Units - Regional Chain's (Current Employee), Sammamish, WANovember 7, 2014
Pros: creativity
I love my job. A typical day at work would be working with chains, developing idea's for their menu's, changing product due to better quality or price and showing new items.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hillshire Brands

Hillshire Brands Company (NYSE: HSH) is the nation's leader in meat-centric food solutions for the retail and foodservice markets. – Read more