Hillshire Brands Employee Reviews in United States

productive and a place of business
Casestacker, Operator, Feeder/Packer (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 6, 2016
I enjoy everything about my job. The management is appreciative of you, and what you do at work. The most enjoyable part of the job is coming to work, and knowing what to expect. The co- workers are a little different because they're not really sociable, and every place i have worked at your job is your home away from home so everyone seems like family.
Pros
free dental and health insurance
Cons
impossible to get on first shift
Poor leadership!
Packer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 18, 2016
Poor leadership and no personal life. Aspect you to work at the last minute with no notices. They allow a full shift to come to work and then inform team members low volume; Full shift is not required. Very inconsiderate and no respect for employee. The best part about working for this company is a paycheck, benefits and having a job.
Pros
Benefits, Paycheck and having a job.
Cons
Leadership
Productive and fun place to work with Ping Pong table
Account Manager Customer Service Accounts (Current Employee) –  Tolleson, AZApril 28, 2016
Great place to work - has an excellent work/life balance. Open door truly happens here - everyone helps each other out.

Each day I enter a new day! You never know what will happen next. I work with a wide variety of buyers for grocery chains across the US. We build excellent relationships. We monitor compliance reports, follow up with accounts if falling below - revise changes on orders if necessary and keep an open communication between sales.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Salary
Very good place to work and i love working with my customers
Route Salesman/Independent Route Salesman (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCFebruary 17, 2016
A typical day at work can have it up and downs but overall it great job to get up and help someone at work and been in public era.
Pros
You get breaks
Cons
You have benefits and been a good citizen at work.
not a good place
Forklift operator /Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Tarboro, NCMarch 16, 2016
if you are a family person this job is not for you''long hours you never know when you getting off// people are not friendly ''
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Monthly Free Food Give-aways
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIJanuary 27, 2016
Great staff, good benefits. Overall point of view (I loved my job!). If I didn't get sick all the time from working in Hillshire's cold environment I would still be there. Good place to work for.
Pros
Annual bonus
Cons
No designated-set shift. A permanent start time / No certain end time
Productive and fun place to work
Deduction Analyst-Kroger Account (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJuly 11, 2016
Excellent management and exceptional training on the job. Lots of perks from Sara Lee (food, outside team building activities, work picnics)
Pros
Great working environment, management, hours, and advancement opportunites
Cons
Outsourced our entire department to India
good employers
Depot supervisor (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJuly 1, 2016
love their regional and district managers they would come down and talk to you and even help you on your workload. most of the other employees were nice to sometimes you would get the occasional person that didnt like to work hard but they would get weeded out quickly.
productive and good humor
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 29, 2016
I was a line leader at this job . It was fast paced and a lot of fun as well. I was over 8 other people. I first learned how to drive a forklift at this job and really enjoyed it and knew this was what I wanted to do
Pros
ovrtime was abundant
Cons
getting shut down
Fast past
Packer/Feeder (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, PAJune 21, 2016
No weekend or holidays off. Work as seasonal until you get in as a regular employee. Had to work 10 day no time off around the Holidays. I don't know if they do that yet or not.
Pros
Got free bread if something wasnt good enough for puplic.
Cons
Worked every weekend and holiday.
Great Company to work for!
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 31, 2015
Great pay and benefits, definitely room for advancement. The culture and people are what really make the company the ideal choice to work for.
production based job that was very demanding
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 23, 2016
I liked the people I worked with but the process I was in was not challenging me mentally. I wanted to get more experience in shipping and admin capacities
Good atmoshere at work
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Newbern, TNJune 3, 2016
management was good to work for when I was there that's been several years ago so not sure how it is now. made a lot of good friends there, hardest part of job was pay not very good.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
not enough pay
2nd shift
Case Packer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 28, 2015
Typical Day was almost like catching up on work that first didnt do because 2nd shift couldnt complete all of their work because first shift couldnt not complete their work from the following day. almost like an on going cycle. Neither shift was at fault it was the machines and lack of training they gave us. Its a cold environment and the people are ok...1st shift was more politics and 2nd shift was more of the ones who got the short end of the stick. working 2nd shift u will never know what time you were getting off and dont even think about making plans for the weekends they may just take that from you as well.
Pros
pay
Cons
cold
Production and great management
Labor Pool (Former Employee) –  Newbern, TNSeptember 8, 2015
A regular day at Hillshire Brands was okay. The company and employees were great. Not a lot of drama.
My time at Hillshire iv'e learned how to work on a production line. Keep a steady pace while working.
The management was great. My supervisor look after me and always was making sure i was okay.
My coworkers was a little above my age but they kept the job fun.
The hardest part was the beginning, because it was my first job but i was a quick learner so it wasn't really a problem.
The most enjoyable part at the job was the money and the coworkers. They if you didn't know how to do something they help you out no questions asked.
Pros
Good Lunch, Great management. Insurance
Cons
short breaks, Cold in the production.
Traditional CPG
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2016
Hillshire is a traditional CPG company. There tends to be a lot of rules regarding interacting with executives, although they are very approachable, senior managers will ask that you do not build relationships up the hierarchy chain.
Glitch
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARJune 18, 2016
It won't let me continue without submitting a review for this place. Don't know why, because I've never worked here, and its not on my resume or work history. Disregard this.
Hillshire brands
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  New London, WIJuly 1, 2016
The worst part about this place was the cold. But you are working with raw meat so. For a factory job it wasn't bad but to make a life out of it many have but not for me.
Its good place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCJanuary 13, 2016
Hillshire brands has good benefits and tells you what to do before going on the work floor, its a cold place, them stairs you have to walk up and down
great employer
Operation Supervisor / Lead (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXAugust 23, 2015
I worked at Sara Lee for over 12 years I started off part time with room to move up and I made the most of my oppurtunity and learned a lot along the way of how big business operates. I was a lead man for 2 years where I overseen the production line of a hearth bread and bun line and was promoted to supervisor which I performed for 6 years performing all functions of a supervisor roll, such as payroll verification, line management, training team members in good manufacturing practices, FDA regulations, employee safety, interviewing process, employee discipline, employee satisfaction such as KUDOS. I assisted in setting up SAP system with product scheduling this was due to my indepth knowledge of daily process of how to schedule efficiently. I performed annual reviews for our management team of my lines effiencies every quarter.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Closed bakery