Hillshire Brands

Hillshire Brands Employee Reviews

Great Job
Operator (Former Employee), florence AlMay 1, 2015
Great Career to start you off with right out of High school or College,you have to go for what you want out of life no matter what it is .
productive and fun place to work.. good pay and benefits
relief driver (Former Employee), darlington s.cApril 29, 2015
A typical day at work, consist of loading product on truck and selling product.. keeping shrink down to a minimum.management was good.. good company to work for untill got bought out..
Worked with a lot of fun friendly people
Assembler 2 (Former Employee), Zeeland, MIApril 17, 2015
Pros: overtime without having to work 40hrs.
Cons: reduced benefits, pay wasnt good, poor raises.
I worked for SaraLee Foods for 3yrs, I like that I was able to get health benefits the day I started. I worked with a lot of fun and friendly people. The area that I worked was very cold and required a lot of heavy lifting. I had great benefits up until the last year that I worked there when a lot of changes were made.
BENEFITS
Operator (Former Employee), Rome, GAApril 8, 2015
I believe my favorite part of this position were the benefits provided. Not only did I have great insurance but my whole family was included as well, for free. The work was fast paced and continuous which was also great.
Work
Cost Accountant (Former Employee), San Lorenzo, CAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Work
Cons: Commute
A great place to work at. I loved the product as well as the staff. You will love it too. A great work environment .A great place to work at. I loved the product as well as the staff. You will love it too. A great work environment.
workplace
food taster and processor (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILMarch 30, 2015
I loved this job it was something new and something i never done before and the people there was always nice to me helping me as i learned great place to work
o.k place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), irwindle,caMarch 27, 2015
Pros: BBQ parties /picnics were awesome
Cons: The health insurance wasnt that bad, had kaiser permanente.
Was normally doing warehouse work. shipping and receving when i was working there. order picking, stagging pallets for the kitchen department. This was actually my second job, learned how to drive the forklift which my first job after high school never had a chance to learn really well. Really enjoyed it.
Sara Lee was good place to work/provide for your family.
Meat Packer (Former Employee), West Point, MSMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Over-time/Good Health Benefits
Cons: Factory Closure
I started working at Sara Lee because I had to support myself/daughter. I enjoyed working different job tasks through out the years. I learned great manufacturing skills. I worked around a lot of good people. The hardest part of my job was the long hours. The long hours paid off financially.I really enjoyed working with different people from different communities/ having great health benefits.
Sara Lee Bread
Puller/ Lead (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMarch 17, 2015
A simple pulling job. We unload the trucks that bring the bread, after unloading, we organize the bread in order to make things easy on us to find the item or unit. Once everything has been pulled, we set all the orders out in another room for the delivery drivers to pick up. During the time the drivers are there, we help out the drivers with any question and also start to clean up the warehouse so we can be ready for the next day.
Not a bad place to work
Maintenance Technician II (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSMarch 15, 2015
Not a bad job, pay and benefits are good, work life balance is not so good. Job culture is not so good. Management is weak. it is a cold place to work and the hours are long.
good pay for the work and good people here . benefits are great
assembler (Former Employee), Florence, ALMarch 15, 2015
Pros: benefits and money
Cons: freezing cold
the best thing here is the pay and benefits and they will put your safety first and you had to wear all kinds of safety equipment and you had ten times to call in rated on a point system
Place for creativity and productivity
Retail/Sales Analyst Wal-Mart Team (Former Employee), Bentonville, ArMarch 8, 2015
Recently acquired by Tyson foods. No comment. I can't comment because I'm not familiar with the new management. Old Hillshire Rocked!
cook outs in summer
Maintenance (Former Employee), South Sioux City, NEMarch 3, 2015
Pros: most of the co-workers were great
Cons: sometimes the breaks were short for maintenance guys, overall ok
some of the mangment was ok, pretty hot place to work in summer,insurance was a far price, overall pretty clean place,cleaning crews did there best to keep up
great
Storm Lake IA-QA tech- start date (Current Employee), storm lakeMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great peope
Cons: hard work
good company to work for but just sold to Tyson over the summer. now a lot of rules have changed. should be an interesting transition
fun
Sanitation (Former Employee), Tarboro, NCFebruary 26, 2015
This job to me was very organized, fun, and the most thing that sticked out was they had their own cafeteria and 300 doors. They gave you the chance to make whatever type of paycheck you wanted to see depending on how you worked and how consistent you could be with it
Good Company
Distrubtion Operations Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, IlFebruary 26, 2015
Although it was part of a larger corporation, we had our own culture where people tried to help each other and collaborate to accomplish goals.
Hillshire was a job that I had for several years as a means to provide for my family.
Biscuit Assembler (Former Employee), Florence, ALFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day was an 8 hour shift consisting of assembling & packaging breakfast sandwiches, sausage patties & links. I learned to work in a medium to fast paced atmosphere.
Evil Company
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: pay was ok.
Cons: no chance for advancement. no support from management. heavy workloads and short hours.
I hated every minute working for this company. They would pile on more and more work while giving us less time to do it. Internal promotions were almost non existent. Management's philosophy was to say one thing and do something different.
Amazing Place of Business
CIP Operator (Former Employee), Florence,ALFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: communication, pay, benefits
I worked for this company 7 years. The schedules rotate every weeks but they was set. I learned team work and leadership. Management was great if that was an issue it got resolve immediately. Co workers was very helpful. Nothing hard about this job besides it shutting down. I enjoy the work, pay, and benefits.
Productive and safe enviroment with packing machines.
Pelletizer/Infeeder (Current Employee), Newbern, TNFebruary 23, 2015
My everyday routine at work is making sure I have on all my PPE which is hard hat, gourmet coat, safety glasses and steal toe boots before I go out on production floor. All employees has to wash there hands before returning to the floor every time you have to leave the floor. I learn something different everyday, but more importantly I learned how to be very careful around big machines and how to be very clean around food. The management at our workplace is great. They make sure everything is running smoothly like it suppose and they always teaches us SAFETY first. I'm an outgoing person so I get along with people well and never let anything get to me so my co-workers are very friendly and helpful. I don't think its a hard part of my job but the only thing is how long you stack boxes. Sometimes you can stack boxes for 3 hours and that start hurting your leg and back I think that's the only hard part about it.The most enjoyable part of the job knowing different things you can do to help the job better and save money and also getting bonuses for are good recognition.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hillshire Brands

Hillshire Brands Company (NYSE: HSH) is the nation's leader in meat-centric food solutions for the retail and foodservice markets. – Read more

Hillshire Brands Salaries