Hillshire Brands

Hillshire Brands Employee Reviews

gift cards
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee), Shannon, MSAugust 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare
Gulf state is a place that has lots of choices and mostly labor that cause lots of binding at the time you had supervisor that would stay on you bout breaks
great employer
Operation Supervisor / Lead (Former Employee), Paris, TXAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Good company
Cons: Closed bakery
I worked at Sara Lee for over 12 years I started off part time with room to move up and I made the most of my oppurtunity and learned a lot along the way of how big business operates. I was a lead man for 2 years where I overseen the production line of a hearth bread and bun line and was promoted to supervisor which I performed for 6 years performing all functions of a supervisor roll, such as payroll verification, line management, training team members in good manufacturing practices, FDA regulations, employee safety, interviewing process, employee discipline, employee satisfaction such as KUDOS. I assisted in setting up SAP system with product scheduling this was due to my indepth knowledge of daily process of how to schedule efficiently. I performed annual reviews for our management team of my lines effiencies every quarter.
Great work place
Production Technician (Former Employee), Kansas City KsAugust 19, 2015
Pros: The people you work with
Cons: Not enough team playing
Hillshire Brands is a great work place. They just lack stability in management witch make's it hard to train good workers. But all an all it was a great to get up an go to work to every day. We were always learning something new. just not in enough time. It was cool learning the good an the bad things about meat. Cause I was able too tell my family those good an bad things as well
awesome job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Zeeland, MIAugust 19, 2015
Pros: to many to talk about
Cons: none
i loved working here but i messed up and quit for a job closer to home big mistake management and coworkers were awesome people and i learned so much working there if i could go back i would
Poor management, no leadership. Every production employees there does not speaks English.
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 12, 2015
It's a shamed a big company like Hillshire/Tyson operates by employee has no leadership, poor management. They don't care about employees at all, what they care is to work them employees like hebrew slave!
Productive and laid back work place
STACKER OPERATOR (Former Employee), Newbern, TNAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Health Care, pay, employees were great
Cons: Cold enviroment to work in
I loved working at Hillshire, which was called Jimmy Dean when I worked there. Great pay, Great hours, Great jobs.It was a very cold environment to work in, but as long as you had plenty of clothes on it was fine.
Productive job just not enough hours
Packer (Former Employee), Claryville, KYAugust 7, 2015
Pros: discount tickets for family.
Cons: short break to get to break area was not long enough before you knew it you were back to work.
Very productive job just not enough hours offered unless you have been with company for years . co-workers great to work with, management seem to change often with not knowing who is in charge or who to talk to if you have a issue or question about something.
Overall good place
Saw Operator (Former Employee), New London, WIAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Awesome pay and hours
Cons: Often very exhausted after working 12hrs a day and sometimes 60 hours a week.
I enjoyed working here. As long as you pull your weight, people treat you great. The work isn't hard, but it's hard work. I had two injuries in the 3.5 months I worked there, and it cost me my job when I came back the second time. I had prior injuries though, so as long as you are careful, you'll be fine.
worked for executives who were very demanding
Corporate Affairs - Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCAugust 2, 2015
Pros: nice bosses, nice office environment
Cons: always helping others who could not get their work done by themselves
My jobs were very demanding as bosses expected work to be outstanding and always accurate. My performance reviews were always very good.
Great Company to work for!
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJuly 31, 2015
Great pay and benefits, definitely room for advancement. The culture and people are what really make the company the ideal choice to work for.
productive
dependable person (Former Employee), newbern,tnJuly 23, 2015
Easy good money but not enough hours, good insurance and benefits.Great point system understanding supervisors. What i've learned about the job is the cleaning of the meat is important, co-workers is helpful. The hardest part of my job is making sure the people in front of me is doing their job right.
Great to work with and for
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Hastings, neJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Good coworkers
Cons: On feet all day
Great to work for if you are going to college and starting to find jobs. Easy to work for and they work with you around your college classes.
Great to work for while going to college
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Hastings, neJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Great co workers, and leadership
Cons: On feet all day
Was a great place to work to get my feet wet while also being a full time college student. Manger worked around me college classes to still get some hours in even after classes and when finals came up she cut back a few hours so i could study and prepare for finals.
Very fast paced
Part-time Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Florence, ALJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Great Pay
Cons: Very cold environment
Cold work environment, fast paced assembly lines. Company closed down due to poor working conditions. Great Pay and benefits.
Sell your life.
Assembler 2 (Former Employee), Zeeland, MIJuly 17, 2015
Pros: great benefits, good people
Cons: 6 day work weeks, not alot of pay
When i first started working there, it wasn't bad. But then they got bought by Tyson and started slamming my department with 60+ hour work weeks, 6 days a week. I don't care how much money you make if you never have time for your friends and family.
It was a hard position Assistant manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJuly 9, 2015
I was in charge of and responsible for recruiting, selecting, training team member's, employees schedule and daily duties: handled deposits, petty cash, counted registers to ensure no overages and shortages and more. I learned a lot on this job which help me in my personal life and to obtain more and better jobs
Production Lead (Current Employee), South Sioux City, NEJune 29, 2015
Great benefits and Job security, plenty of overtime in the summer. Something diffrent to do every day.I would recomend this job.
Co-workers
(LTO) Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee), Haltom City, TXJune 27, 2015
Pros: They made you feel important to a company, celebrate anniversary's and birthdays.
Cons: Short Breaks
Co-workers where really fun and happy to train you or even see you that your there to help the team... If you had any questions or needed help with anything anyone would assist you....
nice place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJune 23, 2015
Pros: 401k. vacation. medical. dental
Cons: need more experience personel in this field of work
typical day would be set up machines with material and maintain supply threw the work day. co workers were great to work with everyone was willing to help each other daily management never came around that much but the ensured that the job was getting done.
EHS Ergonomics Coordinator (Former Employee), Newbern, TNJune 15, 2015
Great people, Great atmosphere and many good friends that have grown thru all the different changes that have been thrown at them. I value my education here as it has given me many of my leadership abilities.
Headquarters
We are based in Downers Grove, Ill., but will soon complete renovations on our new headquarters at 400 S. Jefferson in Chicago, Ill. Our new building will be LEED-certified and enhance our commitment to sound and sustainable business practices.
Revenue