Hillside Family of Agencies

Hillside Family of Agencies Employee Reviews

The rewards of human services
Senior Direct Support Proffessonial (Former Employee), Clarence, NYApril 9, 2015
Pros: community activities, free lunches, benefits, working environment
Cons: Children family issues, Dealing with behaviors
This job was a self rewarding job I learned that assisting people with disabilities will gave a sense of purpose. Everyone co- workers and management worked together as a team to make sure children in the group home was completing goals towards their development. The hardest part was part was me not being able to fix situations that were out of my control, such as family issues that bothered the children. The most enjoyable was taking the children out it in the community and building bonds with them. They seemed to trust me and we had a lot of times during are community activities.
They do great work
Registered Nurse I - Full time (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Co-workers are kind and supportive, pay is resonable
Cons: Difficult population of children and very stressful at times
This is a very difficult place to work. The children can be very sweet or very mean and you never know what you will get. I believe in what they do but there is never enough money or time to help these kids as much as they need help.
fun work palce
Youth Assistant (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: making a diffrence
Cons: ther children
you can learn a lot and gain a lot experiences, by working for the company. I enjoy going to work for this agency. great mangmenat, as well as co workers.
Sales Associate
Youth Care Professional-Shift Charge (Current Employee), Auburn, NYMarch 14, 2015
Working with costumers on a daily basis from the moment they walk in the door, cashing out and leaving. Running registers and managing the sales floor and employees.
All about who you work with.
Warehouse Driver (Current Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 26, 2015
Work with great people, work under bad people. All of Hillsides problems stem from absolutely dreadful management. Management is majority composed of under qualified people who are either friends or family of other management. Management structure was dreadful as well, my department consisted of a workforce of five workers with three managers.
Fast Paced Environment working with unique children
Afternoon Supervisor (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 6, 2015
During a typical shift, I was responsible for managing the structure of the daily schedule, dealing with emotionally tense situations, and training employees. I learned much about the importance of communication both with clients and coworkers. I developed exceptional de-escalation skills. It was challenging to work with aggressive youth who could become unsafe towards myself and others, but it was also extremely enjoyable to see the progress and accomplishments that I was able to help them achieve.
Snell Farm is great & staff supportive & friendly. Expectations for the nurse manager difficult to achieve with conflicting leadership.
Nurse Manager III (Former Employee), Bath, NYDecember 24, 2014
Pros: the salary is good, paid time off is good, there is autonomy which includes some flexibility in hours worked.
Cons: no breaks due to the workload, the 24/7 on-call requirement, limited support from leadership.
Arrive between 7-8am. Review emails, assess & see students with urgent medical needs.. Review requirements for each student (physicals, vision & dental appointments, HIV risk assessments, EKG or AIMS, immunizations or lab work) and accomplish as many tasks as possible. Gather required documents for preparation of youth discharge. When a youth is discharged, receive a new admission on the same day. Documentation of youth issues/complaints & treatment results whenever time allows, often at the end of the day. Call and mail parent & county consents for new treatments or medical procedures. Pass prn medications. Review med omission/error reports, medical incident reports. Keep in contact with supervisor at Rochester office regarding daily activities. With the assistance of the one and only support staff for the health office, review, order and enter new medications to unit's records for staff to administer.Consult nurse practitioner and psychiatrist for youth complaints, accidents, incidents, and medication issues. Input data into several databases. Check emails at noon and end of day (5-6pm). Receive 1-3 phone calls a week outside of work hours related to accidents or medication questions for staff. Attend staff and managerial meetings.
I learned about residential psych care and medications. I also learned that even though people say they want your input and honesty, they only want the positive side. Management can be empowering but frustrating. Co-workers want respectful, knowledgeable and kind leadership. The hardest part of this job was dealing with the lack of understanding and support from the leadership. They want results, not the complaints. The most enjoyable part of this job was managing the chaotic office and working with great people, including the youth.
Company doing good for the children of the area
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 9, 2014
Pros: free breakfast after the board meetings
Cons: my assignment was temporary
There were busy days and slow days depending upon the when the board meetings were. I was responsible for putting all the information for the board meetings together and making them look pleasing to the eye. All information needed to be in the proper place in the binder and every binder needed to be identical. I was able to pick up the basics of Power Point (which I hadn't used up until then) and was able to incorporate some of the uses for excel into their system to make some of their forms more user friendly. I helped organize the Superintendents day seminar, by setting up spreadsheets and plugging the information given into the right areas to make sure that all the teachers that were signed up were put into a classes that they wanted.
exhausting
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), NYJuly 25, 2014
this is a very tough job. Menatly draining and very little help from anyone. Managment leaves at four and gives you no help.
great job
Medical Biller (Former Employee), rochester nyMarch 30, 2014
Pros: work at own pace
Cons: short breaks
excellent people working there. awesome oppurtunity to work at great company
Productive and enjoyable work place
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee), 2075 Scottsville Road, Rochester, NYFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: responsibility
Cons: no cons
Performed filing including medical filing and performed confirmation calls. I enjoyed all of my co-workers.
Worked in a residential facility.
Program director, Mary Alice Schmidt (Former Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 11, 2014
Worked with a team to supervise children at a residential facility. Maintained a structured environment.
A day at hillside
Youth Care Professional (Current Employee), Romulus, NYJanuary 23, 2014
watch kids and help them learn independent living skills. Work all the time.
It was fun and definitely hot.
Intern (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 9, 2013
My co-workers were a joy to be around and I was able to have a new experiences such as emptying out apartments and cleaning the lawn.
Working with youth who have intelectul disablities
YOUTH CARE PROFESSIONAL (Former Employee), Rochester NYOctober 19, 2013
Pros: engaging with the youth
Cons: hours and working weekends
The direct support professional performs functions that assist in the care and treatment of children/youth and families with assisting children/youth to develop life and social skills in an group home setting.
Great moral gain, low financial gain.
Youth Advocate (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 10, 2013
High Stress, low pay, and little potential for growth.........
Fulfilling place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 20, 2013
A great agency to work for. Run very smoothly and very rewarding job
Positive Environment
Case Manager Intern (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 6, 2013
Team approach
Flexible
Overall a comfortable atmostphere
Great Learning Experience
Youth Care Proessional (Former Employee), Hopewell, NYApril 3, 2013
Pros: great coworkers and management
Cons: barriers
I worked the overnight shift fulltime as well as being a mother of 3 and a full time student. This job was very flexable and understanding when it came to family. It was a great atmosphere for the most part. As any job there were barriers with communication and being on the same page as other employees. Overall a great experience and would go back if the opportunity was there but because i relocated to GA to be with my family, NY is not in the picture as of now.
Outstanding Experience, Great place to work.
1 Teachers Aide/Sociotherapist (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 23, 2013
Hillside takes great care of their employees in many different ways.

Hillside Family of Agencies Salaries