Hillside Manor Employee Reviews in United States

Under Staffed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 10, 2016
They are very understaffed and very unprofessional. Everyone there is so worried about who sleeping with who instead of being focused on the care of the residents. Its just like high school all over again.
Pros
Cons
understaffed, unproffesional
Good patient care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2016
Good patient care given by staff. Limited staff and supplies to work withon a daily basis. Inconsisent nursing management
Community Based intitution
Sr. Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 27, 2015
This institution was a wonderful place to help the community. I learned so much and experienced do much at Hillside Manor. Great place to have primary care .
Fun and busy
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMay 5, 2015
I love woking thier just not enough hours. i stay busy i get to do somthing new everyday. defently a side job. there isnt anything else to tell.
Productive and morally fulfilling learning and work experience
Certified Evaluated Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 3, 2015
Loved the training and job. It's where I trained to be a CNA and left because I disliked getting close to residents and their dying.
Pros
i loved being able to be of assistance to the elderly residents
Cons
the residence nearing or at the end stages of their lives
productive workplace
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 15, 2014
Fun enviroment with the resident getting to know my name. Even had the chance to talk with the owner of the nursing home.
Pros
being able to work at my on pace
Cons
short breaks, sometimes having to do overnight at short notice, because some employees didnt show
Great place to work.
Nurse aid (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJuly 14, 2014
I checked on the Residents, Changed them when needed. Got them up, showered and ready for breakfast. Helped the residents down to the dinning room. Help hand out the trays, and helped take them back to the kitchen. Changed bed's and took out the trash. Helped clean the dinning room floor and cleaned the tables.Co-workers and Management are great people, vary friendly and vary helpful.
close relationship with staff
midnight nursing supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, IndianaJune 11, 2014
Family owned and operated. Very involved with residents and staff. excellent place to work
Pros
family oriented
Hillside Manor was a nice place to work
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 3, 2014
Finding out what when on while I was off. Going to morning meetings. Checking lab and medical orders to make sure they were implemented and reported. Going over nursing charting and medicine charting. Dealing with complaints from residents and co-workers. Making sure units were running smoothly by making sure all nursing jobs were done. I learned to check for yourself when someone said a job was done. My co-workers were pleasant for the most part. hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the paper work. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a smile on a resident face.
Pros
coming in a little later
Cons
having to stay to make sure things were done .
Dietary Aide
Dietary Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 18, 2014
Performed duties ensuring residents receive quality dining experience by assisting with preparation and serving meals.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
advancement/career growth
Great
CNA Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PANovember 20, 2013
The workers worked well together, management was great and down to earth, they always helped out when you needed.
Pros
the patients were lovely
First job in a new state
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJuly 19, 2013
Go to work team meeting at every start of shift except for weekends. Verbal reports, first rounds on residents, dinner, second rounds, visiting time, last rounds bed time, making sure residents are happy at all times. What I learned was how to enjoy the small things people take for granted. Management was not confidential or professional. Coworker understood the meaning of teamwork but it was a hit or miss if this was carried out. The hardest part was working with the hospice residents knowing not to get to attached. The most enjoyable part of my job was when it was slow I was able to get to know my residents and hear their life stories and at the end of the day have them say thank you and that they'd seem me the next day.
Pros
great residents
Cons
bad management
It was a nice friendly place to work
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Estates, NYMay 9, 2013
I worked there only on weekends and was embraced by so many wonderful staff and vistors each weekend who offered me nothing but support when I needed it mos. They are truly understanding and the company is filled with a refreshing sense of life.
Not A fair work environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2013
Company based on who you know not what you know. One of the worst jobs I ever had when it comes to confidentality. Co- Workers were nice for the most part. Hardest part of the job was walking through the door. Thanks but no thanks type of job.
Cons
work place chaos
Cna
Certified Nursing Assistant-CNA (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIFebruary 18, 2013
I love helping others the only thing that deterred me from this job was school and the lack of staff. Other wise enjoyed the elderly and their wonderful stories!
Fun, learning environment
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 19, 2012
Learned a lot in 11 years. Always room for advancement. Nice incentives to continue with the company. Tuition reimbursement included
productive work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 3, 2012
love being with the patients they were fun to talk to i love helping them my co workers were helpful at times the hardest part of my job was leaving the patients at the end of the day
Pros
great flexiable work hours
Cons
no overtime
Loving residents and staff
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 6, 2012
great place to work but advancing within is hard. The residents are great people. You grow to love them like family
Busy but fulfilling
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 25, 2012
Busy but fulfilling job. The residents in the facility are always showing their appreciation to staff. Supervisors are always there to help.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
parking
i great place to learn new skills
painter (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 3, 2012
love the job i work with great people always learning something new far as a skill also the company promote within the network.
Pros
free give aways byweekly on paydays
Cons
high benefits