Hillside Manor Employee Reviews

productive place to worl
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2017
I enjoyed housekeeping and doing laundry for the residents. Sometimes it can get overbearing due to the amount of clothes from each resident. Each room has to be spotless and well taken care of.
n/a
Social Service Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 13, 2017
Again really you guys are killing me literally killing me. I liked it I worked there its been a long time ago. can't wait to find a new job have a great day.
poor management and rude staff
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 24, 2017
No raises, expect you do do things that are not in your job description, everyone backbites, drama and tension between staff and administrators do very little to resolve issues unless it saves them money. no sense of teamwork, i have to use my personal internet for activities, programs, and music but admins refuse to raise salaries or provide internet service (AND we can get in trouble for using our phones). admins show favoritism. overall a bad environment for personal and career growth, but if you need experience as a cna or rec leader just make the sacrifice for 6mos to a year. this place does not care about holding on to exceptional staff and have no value for skill, dependability, or work ethic-- they just expect work to get done somehow. don't work here unless you're desperate or entry-level.

hardest part of the job was transporting 70-80 people for parties but even that was fun because the residents are an absolute pleasure to work (with which is the only reason i stayed so long, but they don't care about good staff relations with residents)

run poorly, they wait until last minute to make repairs, poor insulation; recreation area is cold and they fix the windows in the summer using duct tape.

men working in the kitchen and several of them in the housekeeping department, verbal harass female staff daily. even though there are s*xual harassment in-service meetings they do nothing to enforce these rules or fire men who even try to talk to young female volunteers.
Pros
free lunch but tastes worse than dog food
Cons
no appreciation for hardwork, sucks
better for beginning workers
housekeeping (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 22, 2017
the environment of the facility is not what u would expect from an adult living facility. some of the policies are made by state and in house which contradicts each other
nasty
cna (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 30, 2017
not a good place to work the work you like a dog for little money.
bad wort horrible over time yes they don't care about you .
Pros
over time
Cons
over time
good
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 26, 2017
helpful,helpfully,enjoy working and volunteering, loved working there and will like to some day again. they are very good people and we need to help our own in the community
Pros
Cons
non
Fun place to work meet lots of new people
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 13, 2016
Good place to work. Clean work place very nice people good managment. I learned a lot from this job the people are very appreciative and acknowledge everything you do.
Bad management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oliver, PANovember 29, 2016
Very selfish employer who only does for themselves and not others . They wrong employees are advancement and does not move forward. Huge hiring turn around
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Bad management
Excellent!!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 22, 2016
Maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition.Monitor and report necessary domestic repairs and replacements.
Under Staffed
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 10, 2016
They are very understaffed and very unprofessional. Everyone there is so worried about who sleeping with who instead of being focused on the care of the residents. Its just like high school all over again.
Pros
Cons
understaffed, unproffesional
Good patient care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2016
Good patient care given by staff. Limited staff and supplies to work withon a daily basis. Inconsisent nursing management
Great place to work, with great people
Cook (Former Employee) –  Missoula MTOctober 1, 2015
Hillside Manor was a great place to work. The managers were very easy to talk to, and made themselves available anytime. The pay wasn't great, but the hours were flexible, and a very nice work environment.
Pros
flexible hours, free meals
Cons
low pay
Community Based intitution
Sr. Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 27, 2015
This institution was a wonderful place to help the community. I learned so much and experienced do much at Hillside Manor. Great place to have primary care .
Fun and busy
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMay 5, 2015
I love woking thier just not enough hours. i stay busy i get to do somthing new everyday. defently a side job. there isnt anything else to tell.
Productive and morally fulfilling learning and work experience
Certified Evaluated Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 3, 2015
Loved the training and job. It's where I trained to be a CNA and left because I disliked getting close to residents and their dying.
Pros
I loved being able to be of assistance to the elderly residents
Cons
The residence nearing or at the end stages of their lives
productive workplace
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 15, 2014
Fun enviroment with the resident getting to know my name. Even had the chance to talk with the owner of the nursing home.
Pros
being able to work at my on pace
Cons
short breaks, sometimes having to do overnight at short notice, because some employees didnt show
Great place to work.
Nurse aid (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJuly 14, 2014
I checked on the Residents, Changed them when needed. Got them up, showered and ready for breakfast. Helped the residents down to the dinning room. Help hand out the trays, and helped take them back to the kitchen. Changed bed's and took out the trash. Helped clean the dinning room floor and cleaned the tables.Co-workers and Management are great people, vary friendly and vary helpful.
close relationship with staff
midnight nursing supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, IndianaJune 11, 2014
Family owned and operated. Very involved with residents and staff. excellent place to work
Pros
family oriented
Cons
Hillside Manor was a nice place to work
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 3, 2014
Finding out what when on while I was off. Going to morning meetings. Checking lab and medical orders to make sure they were implemented and reported. Going over nursing charting and medicine charting. Dealing with complaints from residents and co-workers. Making sure units were running smoothly by making sure all nursing jobs were done. I learned to check for yourself when someone said a job was done. My co-workers were pleasant for the most part. hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the paper work. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a smile on a resident face.
Pros
Coming in a little later
Cons
Having to stay to make sure things were done .
Dietary Aide
Dietary Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 18, 2014
Performed duties ensuring residents receive quality dining experience by assisting with preparation and serving meals.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Advancement/career growth