Hillstone Restaurant Group

Hillstone Restaurant Group Employer Reviews

Great learning experience in a fast paced environment
Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 8, 2014
If you want to learn in a hands on, fast-paced and standard driven environment this is the place to work.
Application
Cook (Former Employee), CookJuly 12, 2014
I have sent many resumes when I see any adds for hiring, but they have never replied or even acknowledged having recirved them. I'm starting to think the company is a hoax!
A hospitality management institution. Militant and rigid, but pays extremely well and there is no experience like it.
Service and Bar Manager (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLJuly 10, 2014
Pros: unrivaled learning experience, develop a great network
Cons: management culture is only focused on negative
This is a company that is willing to go the extra mile and spend any amount of money imaginable to create extravagant and consistent guest experiences. The guest is first, no matter what, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

You may not learn much about a P&L, balance sheet or budgets; but you learn an incredible amount about having humility, respect, attention – more... to detail, developing a vision, and taking pride in what you do. Hillstone provided the solid managerial foundation I needed in order to operate at a high level. The tools given to me here helped me be successful at other, less structured companies.

However, don't think you get this foundation without effort. With this company you only get out what you put in. You need to be able to adapt to different management styles, different clientele in different areas of the country, and you need to be willing to relocate. – less
A typical day at work
Internal Control Accountant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 20, 2014
I traveled to various locations to perform audits. I helped train new employees on various aspects of the audits.
Very flexible schedule, with excellent benefits and above average tips.
Trainer (Current Employee), Palm Beach, FLJuly 1, 2013
Pros: passionate staff. above average income.
Cons: in season, its a little overwhelming for new staff members.
My passion for both food and wine has been not only stimulated but has been allowed to flourish here. With continuing education, wine tastings and great comradery amongst the staff, both front and back of house, I could not have asked to have been part of a better establishment for the last decade of my life.
A typical day for me includes getting to – more... work at 4:30pm, being in charge of training new staff and closing duties. We have a fairly small staff that at most times feels like a family. It has been most enjoyable spending time with fellow co-workers in and outside of work. – less
Los Altos Grill
Accountant (Former Employee), Los Altos, CAAugust 30, 2012
Great company

I loved the culture and the work ethic of all involved. The only reason I left was I had an opportunity elsewhere.
Difficult Culture & Environment
Server (Former Employee), Choose Not To DiscloseApril 18, 2013
Typical Day: Busy. All the time. If working double Wed-Sun you will not get a lunch or dinner break.
Management: Micro-management style. Lead by Fear Style. High Turnover in Staff. Management will put restaurant guests before their own staff. Work Hard and No Play Environment.
Co-workers: In bad moods due to bad culture.