HILTI

HILTI Employee Reviews

No need to review. Honest and sincere with 1st draft of my Review.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 10, 2012
My work experience with Hilti Inc., which was 4 years 10 months and 8 days was unequivocally in the top 3 of best Employer. I'll tell you why using a 3 prong approach sorted by relevance.

First and foremost, was the incredible training both in Tulsa Oklahoma and here in California. Hilti spared no expense sharing their knowledge and expertise with it's employees. From the start of basic training, which promptly began shy of 7am, to letting us get down and dirty with the new generation of power tools they were about to premier.

Secondly, along with training they equally spared no expense with team building events and company culture journeys seminars to invest and instill the mission statement/core values of Hilti Inc.

And lastly, I would like to point out there was no hard or easy at Hilti.
It was Doing! Doing your best...then tracking how your are doing your best ...and see through fundamental, yet specialized tracking/training, if you can do better than your best. I could go on.
I know I would have enjoyed a long and enjoyable career/retirement with Hilti Inc.
excellent working experience
store manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CA , ontario caJanuary 1, 2016
• In charge of opening and closing the store 6AM-4:30 PM
• Helping every customer that walked into the store
• Making sure that each and every customer got the right tool and product for their job, otherwise it’s a liability on Hilti if any inspection on the job failed
• Up selling customers new product according to the job they were on
• Making sure before they leave my store that they are fully aware and trained on how to use our tools correctly
• Creating new sales on tools by explaining to them how much faster that tool could get the job done in which case it saved them money on labor and down time
• Handling all walk-in customers issues
• In charge of all the money transactions including the weekly count of cash drawer
• Making sure all the shelves were stocked and product look presentable
• Inventory count daily 20 items to be accounted for and numbers put in the system
• Receiving new product 3 times a week , count every peace and make sure it goes in the right place
Pros
free travel, free lunche once a week
Cons
long hours in the store alone some days
Excellence is Expected
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 29, 2012
Hilti is a great company with a very strong corporate culture. They survey customers and employees every year and act survey results. Everyone is expected to live culture or 'drink the red kool-aid'. The company has exceptional training. Your performance must meet or exceed pre-set expectations, realistic or not. If you want to advance in the company, you must be willing to move around the world and/or country. Work/Life balance is a huge problem..you're expected to work all the time.
Pros
great people, benefits, and culture
Cons
strict policies, work 60 hours a week, must be willing to move to advance
High level of support from corporate office, worked independently
SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIJuly 22, 2013
Hilti manufacturers the highest quality construction tools in the industry; employees and management bring that consistently high standard to all aspects of the training process, customer sales and interactions.
As a full time vendor inside Home Depot my responsibilities were to provide the optimum solution to the contractors' construction projects, and to interface with the management and employees of the Home Depot to manage inventory levels and merchandise the Hilti product.
Great company
account manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 29, 2015
Hilti has a great company culture, they care about the people working in it and it is hard to find such companies. For e.g.: They pay you 2 days for regular pay days for the holidays cause they know their employs would like some spending money before black friday and xmas. They also sent us 50$ gift cards as a xmas gift card. Also they have a great benefit and compensation package. You cant find such companies at this economy.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Would like to see more impact assessments
Productive and fast paced environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 21, 2014
Working at Hilti has been one of my most challenging and rewarding experiences I've had. It is most definitely a very professional, fast paced environment constantly having to meet deadlines. My co-workers here were very professional, helpful, and worked with integrity. The hardest part about this job is meeting deadlines, but this was also the most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job.
Pros
meeting and luncheons
Great culture but no work/life balance
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 3, 2013
Hilti as a company is great. The culture and people are wonderful. There is absolutely no work/life balance. You are expected to work all the time (work 9 hours per day with no lunch hour, stay late or take stuff home every night, and work over the weekend). Also was not allowed to take vacation during most of the year. If you are told minimal overtime when you are hired DO NOT believe it.
Pros
culture
Cons
no work/life balance
Great Company to work for. Compensation and growth potential in unlimited
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 4, 2015
The training at Hilti was superb. The managers made sure you were equipt to do your job and always had your back. Hilti was very customer focused. Working at Hilti was not a job, it was a career. Rarely do you find a job that you enjoy doing on a daily basis. Hilti was that place.
Pros
benefits and compensation
Cons
i no longer work there
Great Products
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2015
Typical day included spending field time with sales reps. Most enjoyable was working with the customers. Most difficult part was implementing a flawed go-to-market strategy. Ultimately the strategy failed a couple years after leaving the company and led to major down sizing company wide.
Pros
Products superior to competitors
Cons
Corporate go-to-market strategy flawed
Inside sales position consist of taking calls and helping customers
Inside sales specialist and customer service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 27, 2013
Fun place to work, employees are very friendlly.
Inside sales consist of taking calls and helping customers.
Very little room for advancement unless you move to outside sales in another state.
Pros
employees are friendly and helpful
Cons
little room for advancement
I loved working in the retail marketing department.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 27, 2013
I enjoyed working with a wide range of people from different parts of the country & international. I enjoyed my job but it was only temporary.
Pros
coffee shop, cafeteria, courtyard, nice work environment, community projects.
Cons
temporary job.
Great Company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  CTJanuary 12, 2015
Hilti is a great company to work for from the top down. Best products and service in the industry and big emphasis placed on customer satisfaction. Hilti sells top quality goods and back it up with great service.
Pros
compensation, work/life balance, team building
Cons
n/a
I wish they would have stayed in Jacksonville florida
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 18, 2012
we was a team that worked well together every one their job and we all could do everything. The training was so awesome that you looked forward going to work.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
the moved to miami
Hilti
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 17, 2012
This was a great company to work for and had the best quality tools and service to their customers. I made the decision to leave due to the opportunity to own and operate my own business.
Pros
great product and service to customers
Cons
n/a
Good Company
Process & Support Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 10, 2015
Great company just they are moing the warehouse to Plano, Tx so i am not planing to move with then plus they are going to run the warehouse with a third party company.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
they are moving.
Co-managed corporate roll out
Contract Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 21, 2013
Co-managed corporate roll out project to set up and configure over one thousand new laptops.
Performed all hardware and software maintenance on field laptops shipped in daily.
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  TulsaJuly 1, 2015
Good place to work if your in cooperate offices. Warehouse employees not treated as good. Not seen as part of the success of the company.
Pros
Pay and vacation
Cons
30 min lunch breaks, not seen as part of the team
Productive and fun work place
Fleet Repair Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 11, 2014
Its busy, and fun at the same time, I really enjoy coming to work each day.
Pros
benefits, bonuses
Cons
thats a hard one i guess it would be the driving distance for me i live outside of tulsa
Lots of change and new products to learn
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 13, 2013
Busy everyday, filling territory needs and wants all the time.
Pros
old company, that wasn't scared to try new product ideas
Cons
economy destroyed business growth
Very nice place to work
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesOctober 3, 2012
Nice work life balance. Very good culture. Great people to work with. Company does a very nice job hiring good people and training them.
Pros
great training
Cons
average benefits