HILTI Employee Reviews

Overated Workplace
Sales / Marketing (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 15, 2017
I will echoe a previous reviewers words in that they do not reward success and promotions and bonuses are played with in a constant shell game. Even after hitting targets and winning their "prestigous President's Club" no raises. Sales were up but that didn't matter. But, if you play the game well and suck up to mgt, you will progress.
Pros
Working Independently, Good Tools
Cons
Too much management, No raises ever
Hilti culture and people are truly something special.
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 17, 2016
Hilti is a great place to work. The culture and people are what seperate Hilti from many other sales organizations.

Core values: Teamwork, Integrity, Courage and Commitment.

Truly a special place to work, where everyday you make a difference within the Construction industry as well as your community.
Pros
Work life balance, people, culture
Cons
compensation - bonus structure changes every year
Hilti culture is something special.
Account Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 17, 2016

Core values: Teamwork, Integrity, Courage and Commitment.

Pros
Work life balance, people, culture
Cons
compensation - bonus structure changes every year
Many changes ovet the years.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2016
Company has experienced tremendous growth through advanced sales training & the addition of many more Sales Reps. Compensation changes to a more heavily weighted Salary vs Bonus have attracted a more talented Sales Force. Transformation from a leading heavy construction power tool manufacturer to a company more focused on marketing is evident to the end users...increasing market share but losing its reputation as the finest power tools in the world.
Pros
Many opportunities for advancement
Cons
Lots of micro - managers
Awesome company, great culture, great people, strong leaders
Director (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 24, 2016
Great company, privately held, wonderful people. A great place to learn and grow in your career. Company is very financially stable. Strong leaders
Pros
Great growth opportunity
Cons
Compensation does not adjust for high cost of living areas
Wish I could have accepted my offer letter
B2B Sales Account Manager (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 31, 2017
Did an internship with Hilti and I loved it. I was extended an offer that would have taken me from Houston to Dallas at the time. Unfortunately, I turned down the offer due to a family situation that I could not leave Houston for.
If given an opportunity to work at Hilti, I would accept in a heart beat. They were so nice and helpful and were willing to show and teach everyone. The CEO of North America was a tremendous guy. I was put in Minneapolis, MN during my time with Hilti, I didn't expect to like it, but it was a blast up there. My recommendation to anyone who wants a great company culture and a great working experience to further or start your career, go with Hilti. I believe their new North American Head Quarters is in Dallas now.

Wish I could have accepted my offer from them!
Pros
Great people, great culture.
Amazing people!!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 25, 2016
Hilti treats their employees like family! If you're looking for work/life balance, great benefits, and decent money making opportunities then Hilti is the place for you!
Pros
Great culture, freedom, nearly unlimited resources
Cons
Nothing that I ran accross
Great Team Environment
Acct Manager (Current Employee) –  OklahomaSeptember 23, 2016
Been there 15 years. Great place to work. Good opportunity for advancement if you're mobile. Dynamic work environment. Each day is different.
Pros
Culture, work-life balance
Cons
Compensation
Company was wonderful to work for. Best company to work for.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 23, 2016
Learned a lot of skills there. Worked in 9 different departments in 33 years employed. Would still be there if job had not moved to Texas. Took retirement.
Pros
Profit sharing, paid vacations great salary
Cons
Moved job to Texas
Great Company to Work for
Division Technical Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2016
Great company to work for. They spend a lot of time on people development and have plenty of opportunities for advancement if you are willing to relocate. Very strong management team that cares about their employees, society and customers. The only downfall was compensation. While you are fairly compensated, you could make more money for another company. You will have to weight if you want personal development & advancements or higher annual pay.
Great Place to Work
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 2, 2016
Hilti is a great place to work with good pay and awesome benefits. Advancement opportunities are available for motivated individuals who desire to perform above-average, exceed expectations, and take advantage of opportunities to learn and grow within the company. Self-development, teamwork, and education are important.
Pros
Opportunities to advance, benefits, great working environment.
Cons
Not for individuals with low work ethics.
undergoing culture change
Fauquier Area / Account Manager II (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 28, 2016
hilti was a fantasstic place to work years ago with security and advancement potential. now inorder to advance you must relocate. They have become a very numbers driven company, constently shifting focus on tasks for the sales people.

they have lost sight of the big picture.
Pros
great benifits, fair bonuses
Cons
constent focus shift
Hilti Good Company to Work For
Outbound Sales Specialist/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 23, 2017
There is a good work/life balance. Hilti is also a respected manufacturer in the industry. We are called on by customers for expert advice. Management is encouraging and helpful.
Best overall company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 1, 2016
As an account manager, I was able to learn new things almost weekly. I loved calling on my clients and enjoyed the complete autonomy as I worked from my home. The compensation was extremely good. My clients were very pleasant and easy to work for. My team was always very helpful when I had questions
Pros
Freedom to work and balance my family schedule
Cons
Driving the Company Van
Helping other make the world a safer place with their tools
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 10, 2017
Hilti is an amazing company to work for. The company culture is beautiful, you can definitely see the culture all around the globe when you meet others from within the company. Management, they really try to be coaches and not micro manage you.
Work for 8 hours a day ,with my own car and money
Merchandise Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2017
Hilti bottom line didn't want too pay me more money by working directly for the company, left me very confused as to why they would keep doing this to people and get away with it..
Pros
No boss situation
Cons
No room for advancement in company
Great company
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaFebruary 1, 2016
Responsible for direct product sales to manufacturers, industrial retailers, contractors, federal, state and county government agencies. Accountable for the management and organization of territory and company incentives, direct training and safety seminars. I have consistently increased sales and expanded customer base and product platforms over the past 7 years.
Pros
Good Benefits and work enviroment
A succesfull company, reaching goals every year
security guard (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 22, 2016
Hilti is known for having the best tools in the worold for contractors that used tool everyday at there job sites. working for corporate Hilti, has excellent benefits,raises and company bonuses every year.
High expectations with little pay...
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 28, 2016
Hilti expects way to much for what they offer their employees. I was with them for 7 years and received a total of 1 pay increase in that time. They do have a bonus program that is mostly set out of reach for typical field workers. They also tend to change the bonus package in the middle of the term for the bonus program to keep you unable to reach the set goals.
Pros
excellent tools
Cons
management, pay, bonus package
Very work life friendly environment
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2017
very sales and people oriented. Truly value their employees and their values they instill in their employees. Every job really focusses on sales because they are a direct sales company. Everyone I worked with was very friendly and really worked with each other as a big team to help each other and great work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HILTI. Our community is ready to answer.