Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Employee Reviews

Awesome
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2017
Very interesting and friendly environment,great benefits,nice staff and management,Great pay and benefits,easy commute great location,flexible work hours.
Fun and productive
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MENovember 19, 2017
Banqueting was fun and rewarding..as long as you worked together or could handle multiple tasks at once on your own it’s the job for you! Between time management and being quick paced you never had much downtime.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Based on event
Not terrible, not the best.
Dishwasher/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYNovember 19, 2017
A typical day of work at HGI Elmira/Corning can be anywhere from fast paced and packed with banquets, to quiet and relaxed. Typically, a day consists of your side-work, main duties, and either closing or opening work, depending on your shift. At Hilton, I learned more about working in a restaurant kitchen during busy meals and days. Management is for the most part good, and fair towards employees. The culture here is very tight-knit, fun, and relaxed. The other staff and managers are very helpful and sociable and supportive. The hardest part of the job here was very busy days which can be stressful. The best part of the job here was the warm and welcoming staff, and being exposed to a lot of new experiences.
Pros
Free/cheap lunches, staff is very nice
Cons
Short or no breaks, can be very stressful
Very easy job low pay no benefits
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2017
If you are looking for a easy job the Hilton garden inn is for you. Very low pay no benefits no paid time off NOTHING but hotel discounts. If you are looking advancement this is NOT the job for you i was a front desk agent i saw so many people come and go as far as employment it was crazy.
Pros
Hotel discounts within the Hilton brand
Cons
Low pay No benefits
Productive work day
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 17, 2017
Working at the Hilton Garden was amazing i really enjoyed working there working with the employees interacting with the guests that was staying there was awesome
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare.vison and dental
great place great people
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 17, 2017
Great management and fun place to work. Met a lot of great people and learned alot valuable skills, I would recommend this hotel brand to anyone whether as an employee or guest
it was alright
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  off of Gordon RoadNovember 15, 2017
The manager there is decent to work with housekeeping and laundry it will mostly up-to-date but I would love to try to working with y'all and a new more tell because it was a whole lot of drama at the Hilton Garden talking about one another lot of girls wasn't on time but me I was always on time was ready to
Fast paced, heavy lifting, friendly atmosphere
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 11, 2017
Great place to work but can be stressful at times. The management is great and flexible work hours. This is a great second job, great people to work with.
Great place to work! Friendly group of co-worker!
Chef (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 9, 2017
The managers and employees went over and beyond to welcome me on to their staff. The team there is amazing and i feel confident that anyone who is blessed with a position at the Hilton will enjoy their job!
Fun work place, lots of work.
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 7, 2017
I loved working with the Hilton and the people involved. Great place! Just wasn't fitting for pay. Highly recommend for high school students and or college student's to get by.
Pros
Get workers
Cons
Bad pay
relaxed
Server/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXNovember 7, 2017
Hilton Garden inn Hotel is an amazing place to work at, staff is great and all do their part in their jobs, the customers are understanding and relaxed.
Pros
pay
Cons
not enough hours
Job Duties
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 6, 2017
A typical day at work would consume of checking the board for our daily assignments , and proceed with the instructions. I learned to be more respectful,and become more of a people person. The management was respectful and willing to help whenever needed.
Pros
benefits, work environment, and the people
Cons
hours, professionalism
not happy
Opreations\Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2017
came in to short staff and was forced to work long hours with no help from other management. When I asked for help to get more staff I was turned down. I worked 7 days a week to try and make department to work and was replaced without notice. To get rid of me I was lied about by upper management. They had already hired new manager before firing me. Yet now they have given her proper staff and assistance. It was a very heartbreaking ordeal, one it has been hard to bounce back from. All my hard work was in not appreciated. They proved to me that its cut throat in the company.
Stressful workplace
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MINovember 6, 2017
Hilton Garden Inn would not be a bad place to work if they would remove the GM and the new housekeeping manager these two are very unfair individuals and they fire people just because they feel as though they can.
Pros
Discount on rooms
Cons
The GM and the new housekeeping manager
Good place to work if you like to be stabbed in the back
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCNovember 5, 2017
The Garden Inn was a good place to work until new manager came, no she's getting rid of anyone who seems to connect with the guests and other employees
Cons
No breaks
Everyone is like a family, friendly work environment
Breakfast grill cook (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTNovember 4, 2017
Could work more as a team other than individual departments but other than that it's a good work environment and have amazing health benefits and paid vacations if you are a full-time worker.
Pros
Paid vacations up to 4 weeks
Cons
Can be stressful at times
fun
Night Auditor and Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXNovember 4, 2017
I just started working here helping out the manager cover the night audit shift. The manager promised me to get of the graveyard shift in three weeks but it has not happen yet. She will not answer my questions or emails when I ask her about it.
Pros
fun
Cons
no breaks
Loved my job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 30, 2017
I loved my job, the people i worked with was awesome. The customers was always happy. I was a hard worker. I was a teamplayer, very dependable. Never late period. I relocated to florida.
Stressful Job with Limited Benefits and Advancement Opportunities
Banquet/Wedding Set-Up Lead (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 29, 2017
I wouldn't recommend working there. I enjoyed most of the employees lower down but it's managed poorly. It is on the come-up but for the time being, is struggling.
Great
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 27, 2017
Awesome place to work and stay very clean and relaxing environment has great staff the rooms are very neat and cleaned thoroughly all staff are very friendly and outgoing
Pros
Everything is professional