The Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Grove City is currently hiring for a Guest Service Manager. The position will work a few shifts per week at the Front Desk and a few shifts per week in Hotel Operations.
Position requires open availability as this person will share responsibility for covering for call-offs at the Front Desk.
Candidates must be able to pass full background check.
Must Have Previous Hotel Experience.
No phone calls please. If interested, please submit your resume in response to this posting.
Title: Guest Service Manager
Department: Front Desk
Reports to: General Manager
Pay Grade: Salary ($28,000 - $30,000)
Responsible for assisting in the supervision and control of the Front Desk. Also must be able to have a working knowledge of other departments (may include Housekeeping, Food and Beverage and/or Maintenance) in the hotel and be able to fill in where necessary.
1. Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
2. Supervise up to 10 Front Desk Agents and overall staff of the Hotel.
3. Deal promptly and effectively with guest complaints and requests.
4. Enforce accountability of all Guest Service Agents.
5. Conduct on going training of all front desk employees to increase job knowledge and skill level.
6. Promote teamwork and employee moral.
7. Assist in running team meetings and ensure proper grooming standards are met.
8. Communicate all policies and procedures for front desk staff.
9. Maintain cleanliness and organization of back office, front desk, storage rooms, employee break room, and all areas of the hotel.
10. Ensure ready status of all rooms daily. Maintain key control.
11. Ensure guest satisfaction through room cleanliness and attention to guest needs.
12. Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
13. Be able to move luggage, packages, or furniture weighing up to 40lbs.
14. Employee must adhere to all work rules, procedures, and policies established by the company including, but not limited to, those contained in the employee handbook.
15. Assists in set up and break down of meeting rooms. Responsible for meeting room and all public space cleanliness.
16. Work shifts at the Front Desk
17. Employee must perform other duties as assigned as directed by management.