Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 2,887 reviews matching the search
great place to work
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2016
On a typical day at work at Hilton Grand Vacation Club Parc Soleil is as any restaurant, super busy. Everyday is a learning experience with all the different customer that we take care of. Management is great, but it has its up and down. Love my co worker. The hardest part of my job as a chef is having to fired or reprimand any of my team member. The part that I enjoy the most of my job is watching that big smile of the guest once they get their food.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not so great with communication
Guest Service Agent
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2016
You will have absolutely no life, especially if you decide to work at a major hotel full time. Extremely hard to maintain work life balance. Management was very unorganized and unethical. I quit my position given prejudice from one of my directors. An enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different guest from different parts of the world. Networking is another advantage apart of the job. Honestly this is a position for you if you are interested in the hospitality industry, specifically hospitality majors.
Pros
networking opportunities
Cons
short or no breaks, inconsistent work schedule, overwhelming, life consuming
A good hotel to work for
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 28, 2016
HGI is a good place to work for, but it depends on the people and management. Certain situations were unfair to others to try to better themselves or learn new things in different department wasn't an option. Typical day at work was when the fire alarm went off and GM came in to take care of it, but after the night auditors dealt with the guests, that have been woke up from their sleep, was not helpful of the management. The GM had left with-out coming back to check and see if we were alright or how we felt about the situation of the fire alarm. It showed me that my GM really didn't care what happen. The co-workers are fun to work with at the time of me being there and the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my co-workers smile because they always have a smile on their face to make me feel their positivity and motivated me to continue to work harder at what I do/did for HGI.
Cons
non communications, favortism of employees, wont let you better yourself in other departments.
A fun and enjoyable workplace that is focused as a team to complete the company's goal
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 18, 2016
I love building relationships with my clients and making sure their needs are attended to. I have found in my markerting position it is vital to the company to build a strong team which is focused on the main goal of the company. Being team players can bridge relationships between other departments. The jobs that I've held have been production positions. You are your own motivation. If you want to get a raise then you produce more. The only thing scary is you sometimes don't know if you are secure in your job. If you keep up your goals then you know that you are being successful and an asset to the company. I've also been a great team player, and I have helped my fellow employees to make their goals. I believe that I am a very seasoned customer service representative.
Pros
discounts on vacations, great benefits, close relationships with coworkers and clients, clients saying that you gave them a great experience
Cons
Long hours, standing on your feet for long hours, working late then coming in the next morning
Simple Job with no Opportunity for Job Growth
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 8, 2016
The job is simple. It is nigh impossible to be fired. It is also extremely difficult to be promoted. When promoted, the compensation for your work isn't equivalent to the effort that is put forth. There is no future in this workplace unless one is ever so lucky to land a GM or Assistant GM position.
Pros
Job is extremely simple, laid back management, freedom
Cons
no advancement opportunities, lack of any management structure, low pay
Challenging company that expects excellence from employees!
Guest Service Agent/ Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 11, 2016
I have worked at the Hilton Austin for 1 year and I professionally have grown so much. They provide several opportunities to learn and cross-train in different departments. They actually 'encourage' growth and advancement and they practice what they preach concerning the corporate culture. They do not allow their talent to get 'rusty'. They keep you on your toes and keep your 'eyes on the prize'. Success is a never ending goal!
Horrible work/life balance and pay
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Hilton is all about the most amount of work for the least amount of money. Promotions are not based on what you know or how hard you work, but who you know and how unethical you are willing to be just to please a higher up. Interviews are misleading, as you think you will be doing certain job tasks and end up doing multiple jobs with minimal pay. Management does not appreciate or advocate for employees. You are unable to go to HR due to higher ups always siding with management, no matter the situation or what you say, There is definitely a lot of negative repercussions when you voice your opinion or try and discuss negative workplace attributes.The worst part is, you have regional directors of departments that have a home property, so essentially there is no higher up to go to. Would never recommend this company.
Front Desk
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 7, 2016
Typical day at work will involve a variety of tasks, ranging from simply checking guests in, to solving some billing discrepancies and gaining leads for the Sales department. Many duties the front desk covers aren't noted in the job description, so a worker will have more work to do than hours available to do said work. The individual tasks aren't hard, but you have to be able to prioritize and multi-task efficiently. Must be able to communicate effectively, not only to guests but also to the different work departments.

Depending on the management company, you can be understaffed and it can reflect on the quality of service. I was hired before Hilton became a public company - back then the company culture was excellent. The management company that took over afterward is very tight on money - the new company culture is also lackluster.

I recommend the job if you have a lot of patience and you like meeting new people every day.
Pros
Great coworkers, Management is there for you if you need it
Cons
Always understaffed, Low pay compared to other companies, Hilton's presence to its domestic hotels is lacking
Friendly staff and great place for starting a career in hospitality.
Room Service / Banquets Houseman / Barista (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2016
A great starting location for hospitality career goals. It is a smaller hotel with friendly staff and several areas of growth and opportunity. Management will try their best to listen and assist staff, working hard to improve where needed.
Pros
Free lunch, available benefits, several employee discounts.
Cons
Unfairness in seniority and hour cuts.
Exciting Place to learn and grow with easy advancement.
Lead Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 19, 2016
The only reason I am looking towards other options is because I feel my experience and work ethic would be better suited to a company that expects the best out of their employees one hundred and ten percent of the time.

My current managers are very relaxed with my coworkers dis-respectfulness to our guest and very lax work ethic towards their jobs. I feel if I'm giving my all then the same should be expected of my coworkers and if management tells me otherwise I don't physically see myself being able to work with them for a prolonged period of time because there's a reason for structure in a work place and it's so that everything can runs as smooth as possible.

If you allow employees to knowing smoke weed on the property and let them constantly get away with it how am I an employee who's trying to be upright supposed to respond in this type of inadequate environment where management doesn't even hold a higher stature to their employees.
Pros
Great Pay Hours Benefits and very nice guest.
Cons
Laxed Management
Excellent work place
DIRECT SALES (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2016
I sold timeshare via telesales to current Hilton owners to upgrade their vacation experience. It was a very demanding job, making over 100 phone calls per shift. I learned how to handle owner problems and overcome there resistance. My management team changed frequently and wasn't very receptive to suggestions. I loved my co-workers, it was a fun work environment. It was also very competitive which I absolutely enjoyed since I love a good challenge. The hardest part was dealing with owners who were not happy with their ownership. I had to regain there trust and overcome any obstacle that was preventing me from increasing their ownership thus preventing a sale. The most enjoyable part of my job was the competition, the more sales you made, the more money and recognition you received.
Pros
There were different spiffs (rewards) offered everyday for the most sales
Productive and Fun Environment
Event Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAFebruary 3, 2016
The company offers great benefits, work life balance and a lot of opportunities for advancement in your career. They have a less than competitive bonus program then other brands.
Pros
Benefits and Career Advancement
Cons
Less Competative Bouns Program
Great company
New Owner Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 22, 2016
The culture is much more relaxed than previous employers. People are nice and supportive. Benefits are a little less attractive than pervious employers. One of my biggest complaints is the Hilton Team Member Travel Program. I just don't feel it is set up to support team member traveling. Rumors have it that the Hilton team member travel system is changing next month, so lets wait and see. Other than this, it really is a great company to work for.
Pros
hours; number of new sales
Cons
kicks; team member travel program;
My biggest asset is coaching my team and also overall my customer eccentricity
Property Service Coach/Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 11, 2016
I was promoted to a Property Service Coach to take all my employees to the next level and bring the best out in them.

My biggest asset is that I am bilingual and I do dominant the Latin community with 100% satisfaction.

Responsible for Hotel Management, switch board,check-ins,check-outs,reservations,salt scores,reservations,Have full understanding of market conditions. continuously communicate hotel goals and standards.
Pros
benefits discount for employees on there personal reservations
Cons
HGI, they do provide health benefits and incentatives
Excellent Corporation To Work For
Restaurants Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMOctober 11, 2015
Was with Hilton Worldwide for 4 years in the F& B Department. Was trained in all "front of house" capacities from hosting to supervising. If you enjoy people, the hospitality sector is definitely for you! Hilton provides all kinds of opportunities for its team members to get involved, both internally & within the outside community. Hours can be long at times & you do have to work on holidays, but the rewards certainly outweigh the negatives when dealing with the hotel guests. Most of the time, they truly appreciate you being there to provide the best customer service possible. There's always opportunity for advancement & the benefits available are definitely a plus.
Pros
Interacting with guests on a daily basis, ongoing training in all departments, good team member relations, great benefits
Cons
Long hours, working on holidays
Productive and a fun place to work
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 11, 2016
Hilton is company that I would highly recommend. The benefits are phenomenal. The Hilton staff is family oriented, Leadership, and management with the Hilton is also phenomenal.
Horrible pay and managment
Auditor, Front desk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 21, 2015
Working in the hotel biz is ridiculous, Been at this location for 5 years where you get one raise, with horrible hours, no holiday pay and when you do favors for a childish management with no returned. No breaks includes no sitting I was a great employee in my opinion, on time everyday, went to work everyday, did my job. If I was called in to replace someone, I would go most of the time. Would stay longer if my next shift was late and never complain, This in turn made them subtract one hour from my time because someone else was late. How is that fair?
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
everything
Team Member HHonors is now a thing
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA 92011March 15, 2016
Starting out at the front desk will test out your flexibility for future cross-training opportunities. At any given time, a concierge will need to leave their comfort zone to assist in other departments to better assist guests. It was this exact experience that helped me moved from a front desk agent to a night auditor. As the only employee in the hotel, it is crucial to be knowledgable in housekeeping, maintenance, and management. When a guest who checks in late in the evenings does not have adequate amount of towels, they call the front desk and expect a houseman. They open their door and in front of them, it's the same person who checked them in. It's the great feeling of knowing practically everything and impressing the guests with your flexibilty that makes night auditing less stressful and more rewarding.
Pros
Discount hotel rooms, new Team Member HHonors loyalty program
Cons
High volume turnovers in management
It is a fun place to work. Everyone is easy going and supportive.
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 16, 2016
I enjoy where I work, the management and my coworkers are great. The hardest part of my job would be when it is extremely busy with guests checking in, requests from in house guests and calls coming in all at once. I love being busy though vs. slow! The best part of the job is all the people I get to me.
Pros
Free meals and discounted hotel room rates.
Cons
There are NO benefits, i.e. healthcare, holiday or vacation.
great company to work for
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER/MOD (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMarch 23, 2016
management is not the best....but you can move yourself up if you work hard and know your field very well. Off course have to maintain good relationships with other managers to be successful