Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 2,433 reviews matching the search
The Customer is always Right
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 7, 2016
I learned to serve people within the service of one's role. I plate food for the hotels guest so that they may enjoy their stay. Not all services can be appreciated but one must carry them out without a doubt. My managers were very forward about assuming one's role and initiating job tasks rather than to wait to be told. I loved working in the hospitality industry.
Pros
tips
Cons
early cosing hours
Fun, upbeat, place to work
Vacation Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2016
Great hours, great schedule, great opportunity to succeed and earn commissions and spiffs. Great brand and company to work for.

Can get stressful given the outbound telemarketing sales process, not the typical transactions that people generally decide on.
Productive, fun work place.
Server/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INFebruary 5, 2016
While the pace varies, you always have something to do! I learned how to deal with conflicts on my own when it comes to guests/customers and I feel like it's really helped me in the long run!
Horrible work/life balance and pay
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Hilton is all about the most amount of work for the least amount of money. Promotions are not based on what you know or how hard you work, but who you know and how unethical you are willing to be just to please a higher up. Interviews are misleading, as you think you will be doing certain job tasks and end up doing multiple jobs with minimal pay. Management does not appreciate or advocate for employees. You are unable to go to HR due to higher ups always siding with management, no matter the situation or what you say, There is definitely a lot of negative repercussions when you voice your opinion or try and discuss negative workplace attributes.The worst part is, you have regional directors of departments that have a home property, so essentially there is no higher up to go to. Would never recommend this company.
Excellent place to work
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 4, 2016
Hilton Worldwide is an excellent place to work if you are in college or looking for a career. If you are mobile then your opportunities to advance are even greater. Advancement is possible and always available.
Pros
Room discount
Cons
Open 24/7
Fun at times, management was sloppy
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 3, 2016
I enjoyed my job at the Hilton at first; however, the young, new management proved to be incompetent for the job at the time. My other coworkers were wonderful, but I seemed to always come in and have some new hire because a great employee quit due to mistreatment from the manager. Although the work environment was enjoyable sometimes, you couldn't shake the feeling of walking on eggshells around this particular manager.
Excellent platform for corporate work culture intergration.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 3, 2016
Great company to work for. Diverse work culture full of passionate professionals. Love the hospitality industry as it provides direct contact with customers and team leadership.
Pros
Development, Leadership, Training
Cons
Extended hours
Productive and Fun Environment
Event Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAFebruary 3, 2016
The company offers great benefits, work life balance and a lot of opportunities for advancement in your career. They have a less than competitive bonus program then other brands.
Pros
Benefits and Career Advancement
Cons
Less Competative Bouns Program
fun workplace
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 2, 2016
this was great job, but my personal life and other job didn't match up very well, busy and a lot of skills learned through my experiences. i would definitely work there again.
Great people, great supervisor and nice perks.
Housekeeping, Part time (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoyed Hilton and everyone I worked with. They had high standards that I was happy to meet and/or exceed. I was able to enjoy some of their perks with my family which encouraged family time.
Pros
Great hours for my lifestyle; great people to work with/for.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Great company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 31, 2016
I've been working with Hilton for almost 2 years now and have learned alot from the work with such a great team and company. Their values and commitments to their guests are exemplary.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 30, 2016
Great place to work great benefits fun atmosphere very flexible work hours and you can choose to work either from home or onsite at the central office. Managers and supervisors are easy to talk to.
Hilton job
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 29, 2016
I meat a lot of great people, while being able to work with this hotel. So many hard working and loving people! I really enjoyed the guests!
Pros
Hard working staff!
Cons
Favoritism
Too much work for one man to handle on 2nd shift.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 29, 2016
A typical day: Do work orders on the computer for hotel rooms that were in need of some type of repair. Answer the #1 maintenance cell phone and handle all the non-stop calls from so many supervisors, managers, etc... Everyone would call and needed something done right that second. There was no communication between departments. Management had no clue as to the work load that one man had to do.

What I learned: Talking to management was of no help, I always and always will give any company I work for 110% everyday to fulfill my job and satisfy my customers and my boss.

Management: Some were really nice people, but others in management were the meanest people. I was talked too in ways I have never been talked to before, and there was no reason for them to take out their bad day on me.

Hardest part of my job: Trying in vain to keep up with all the non-stop guest request when the Hotel was full by myself. Management being so mean and cruel as to why a certain call has not been handled.
One man can not fix every imaginable thing that happens in a split second. The most frustrating thing to me was when I ask my supervisor or the maintenance manager to please show me how to program the hotel TV's / pay per view box setups, I was never trained. I was simply told, "you will figure it out". That does not look good to a guest in the hotel. Did I learn it??, Yes, after making numerous calls to the technical support staff that installed the system. The management never had time or would take the time to train anyone new to the hotel on certain items they may not have ever worked
  more... on. I simply asked "Just show me". I can do it if you will just show me.

Most enjoyable part of the job: I love working with guests and meeting people and fixing any issues they have with their stay at the hotel. I get great satisfaction knowing I did my job correctly and the guest was happy.
Pros
Health benefits, 401k, 40 hours a week period, no overtime was allowed, Had flexible schedule, Would get to work day shift but never knew my exact schedule until I came in the next day
Cons
No training from management / thrown to the wolves.
Busy
Front Desk Clerk, Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 28, 2016
Being able to multi-task is a must if you work in this kind of environment. People are short with you. Talk down to you and call you names. If your feelings are hurt easily, find another career.
Productive and fun workplace
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 28, 2016
Meeting different people from various parts of the world, learning different cultures and languages. Most interesting position yet.
Pros
traveling benefits, incentives and guests interactions
Cons
working overnight six to seven nights a week
The Hilton
Night Auditor/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJanuary 27, 2016
I loved working with the Hilton. The Hilton was my favorite job. The management could have not been any better. My co-workers were great as well. They would answer any questions I had as well. The hardest part of the job is to stay busy and not get bored. I also mean being bored in a positive way. The most enjoyable part for me is the interaction with our guests. You become familiar with faces and last names. This was a very good job. I left this job to move to Boise to help my Mother.
Pros
Discounts in the resturant and free food in the kitchen.
Cons
Not getting bored (In a good way)
fast paced environment
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYJanuary 27, 2016
i enjoyed bartending, banquet bartending, and banquet serving.i enjoy working with the public. i would enjoy working as a bartender in a similar position as this again.
Friendly staff and great place for starting a career in hospitality.
Room Service / Banquets Houseman / Barista (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2016
A great starting location for hospitality career goals. It is a smaller hotel with friendly staff and several areas of growth and opportunity. Management will try their best to listen and assist staff, working hard to improve where needed.
Pros
Free lunch, available benefits, several employee discounts.
Cons
Unfairness in seniority and hour cuts.
Slow development for the person looking to Jump out and Earn.
Vacation Specialist- Inbound Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2016
1st week was very exciting. They don't provide a lot of details. It wasn't a bad place, however the training is not clear and no one knows anything about anything. I'm still confused.
Pros
It The Hilton!
Cons
Very slow paced.