Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,724 reviews matching the search
fast paced, mentally demanding, must like to be on the frontline of customer service
Lead Auditor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 30, 2016
There are no typical days as our days revolve around the activities and clientele in the area. You are learning something new everyday whether it be promotions being offered, operations of the business or getting to know your guests. The hardest part of the job is complaint resolution and making sure all guests walk away with a positive experience. It is most enjoyable to see the guests walking through the lobby with a smile on their face from arrival to departure and saying they will be back again soon!
Pros
discounts at other hotels
Cons
required to work weekends and holidays
Productive and place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJune 30, 2016
Great place to experience customer service. Friendly management and employees. I've learned to create a more personal relationship with the guest. The most enjoyable part of the day is when a guest has a big smile on there face after checking out of the hotel.
Management issues
front desk supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 30, 2016
Hilton is a nice company to work for. The issue is when the brand is managed by different corporate entities. These companies loose sight of the meaning what Hilton stands behind.
Cons
no raises
guest services
Level # 3 Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 30, 2016
details rental rooms on call guest calls projects/HVAC units installs per room technicians upgrading property certified pools operator provide guest codes for wyfi banquet connections
Kevin Brooks
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2016
safety and security of guests as well as team members. provided monthly schedules for a team of 7. in charge of daily rotation as well as the signing off for PTO schedule
Nothing like I expected
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYJune 28, 2016
I assumed that my experience here would be similar to working for other hotels I had worked for in New York City but it was nothing like it.

At the time I was hired I was the ONLY person in the entire facility who had ever worked in a hotel before.
Pros
Beautiful, new facility
Cons
No one there to really care for it
Fantastic Hostess experience
HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 27, 2016
Lots of faces coming and in and out. Easy going staff. Lots of fun work doesn't slow down ever for over a hour. Keeps you up and working great job to be hostess
Intellectual Work Place
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2016
In order to do your job, you have to be on task 100 percent of the time. This job taught me to always be working toward a goal and to never loose focus. Hiltons employees are the hardest working employees in the world and they do everything with a smile.
Very Fun and positive workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 26, 2016
Excellent environment to work in. Right on the beach
Co-workers very easy to get along with
Teamwork high priority with made for a productive environment
Pros
free food
Cons
money was very reflective of season
cultivates patience, meet hundreds of people from all over the world daily
Front Desk Agent and Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2016
*decent starter job
*high turnover job
*some co-workers are great and make wonderful friends
*high stress job
*tips and business cards are often exchanged for your services and/or conversation
Pros
cheap lunches provided by hotel
Cons
short breaks, horrendous scheduling
I loved it for the most part
Reservation Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 25, 2016
I absolutely loved my job with Hilton. They treat their employees like they are gold... Just keep in mind you are replaceable. I worked from home for them. Training was okay at first then on the first day of OJT ( on the job training) it got scary because they leave you out to dry. I was so nervous because I felt like I wasn't ready to handle calls due to feeling like I didn't get everything out of training. You do get discounts on everything. They pay is great and it is full time. I believe the job would of lasted longer with me if I was actually in the call center it's self and not doing it from home that way I would of had someone to turn too for help if needed. But mostly your typical day at work is just taking inbound calls and reserving rooms for customers and recommending upgraded rooms. I learned there is more to reserving a room when handling reservations. The hardest part of the job like I said was going into OJT... everything was enjoyable about the job.
Pros
work from home. Great benefits and discounts!!
Cons
Lack of management help when dealing with difficult calls.
Positive environment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJune 23, 2016
A typical day at work is filled with unexpectations because you never know what the customers will bring or what issues are set to try and overcome.
Pros
Always on our toes
Cons
Sometimes could be overwhelming
produtive
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 23, 2016
a very nice place to work . everybody is very nice and respectful to each and the hours are very flexible i would to work here again
Pros
free meal
Cons
not enough hours
It was just okay.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 23, 2016
I enjoyed being able to walk to work so the conveince of the job was great but didnt like the lack of interactions with customers.
Ok place to be
Night Auditor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MississippiJune 23, 2016
I learned a lot working with this company. I met a lot of interesting people. The hardest part of the job saying goodbye. The management team that worked with me were great. The co-workers that were staffed with me was great, never a dull moment
Pros
lunches were free
Cons
healthcare
Very productive and positive work place
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 22, 2016
I check guest in and out of the hotel, process transactions, and accommodate the guest with what ever they may need. My co-workers are all very nice and great to work with. I also love the fact that I get to meet different people every day from all parts of the world.
Great entry level workplace.
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ALJune 22, 2016
I worked here during my time of education. The hours are very flexible which is what any college student craves. I learned so much within this high paced and team oriented environment.
leave employees alone when they need them.
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 22, 2016
When it come to being behind there employees they are not. They want the workers to lookout for them but when it comes time for them to back the employees they do not.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No help for employees
I loved working for a Hilton Product
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 22, 2016
Hilton offers extensive training and additional training so you can go as far as you want to with them. I love our Hilton representatives and their ecommerce and revenue management teams are the best out there. Great leadership and backup.
Pros
training and advice
Enjoy working from my own office in my house.
HRCC Specialist (Current Employee) –  Work from homeJune 22, 2016
I receive around 40-100 calls a day regarding booking a room, modifying reservations and basic customer service.
I've learned new software programs.
Management is proactive in keeping me up to date on my daily QA.
I only communicate with co-workers through our chat system. They all seem very nice and help each other out when we have questions.
Hardest part of my job is not being able to book a room for a guest.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist guest and being in the comfort of my home.
Pros
Bonus plans
Cons
Some metrics can be hard to reach.