Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,656 reviews matching the search
great place to work
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2016
On a typical day at work at Hilton Grand Vacation Club Parc Soleil is as any restaurant, super busy. Everyday is a learning experience with all the different customer that we take care of. Management is great, but it has its up and down. Love my co worker. The hardest part of my job as a chef is having to fired or reprimand any of my team member. The part that I enjoy the most of my job is watching that big smile of the guest once they get their food.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not so great with communication
A fun and enjoyable workplace that is focused as a team to complete the company's goal
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 18, 2016
I love building relationships with my clients and making sure their needs are attended to. I have found in my markerting position it is vital to the company to build a strong team which is focused on the main goal of the company. Being team players can bridge relationships between other departments. The jobs that I've held have been production positions. You are your own motivation. If you want to get a raise then you produce more. The only thing scary is you sometimes don't know if you are secure in your job. If you keep up your goals then you know that you are being successful and an asset to the company. I've also been a great team player, and I have helped my fellow employees to make their goals. I believe that I am a very seasoned customer service representative.
Pros
discounts on vacations, great benefits, close relationships with coworkers and clients, clients saying that you gave them a great experience
Cons
Long hours, standing on your feet for long hours, working late then coming in the next morning
Exciting Place to learn and grow with easy advancement.
Lead Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 19, 2016
The only reason I am looking towards other options is because I feel my experience and work ethic would be better suited to a company that expects the best out of their employees one hundred and ten percent of the time.

My current managers are very relaxed with my coworkers dis-respectfulness to our guest and very lax work ethic towards their jobs. I feel if I'm giving my all then the same should be expected of my coworkers and if management tells me otherwise I don't physically see myself being able to work with them for a prolonged period of time because there's a reason for structure in a work place and it's so that everything can runs as smooth as possible.

If you allow employees to knowing smoke weed on the property and let them constantly get away with it how am I an employee who's trying to be upright supposed to respond in this type of inadequate environment where management doesn't even hold a higher stature to their employees.
Pros
Great Pay Hours Benefits and very nice guest.
Cons
Laxed Management
My biggest asset is coaching my team and also overall my customer eccentricity
Property Service Coach/Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 11, 2016
I was promoted to a Property Service Coach to take all my employees to the next level and bring the best out in them.

My biggest asset is that I am bilingual and I do dominant the Latin community with 100% satisfaction.

Responsible for Hotel Management, switch board,check-ins,check-outs,reservations,salt scores,reservations,Have full understanding of market conditions. continuously communicate hotel goals and standards.
Pros
benefits discount for employees on there personal reservations
Cons
HGI, they do provide health benefits and incentatives
Great Place to work
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 16, 2016
Demonstrated knowledge of computer data entries, phone skills, and communicative skills
Handled a bank on a daily basis
Communicated directly with guests seeking event rooms and coordinated times to book event rooms
Worked directly under sales department to block off multiple rooms for companies
Filed paperwork, receipts, and business information
Handled guest complaints as needed in person or over the phone
Organized bus schedules to pick up guests from various locations
Kept logs of petty cash handed out
Oversaw the engineering and housekeeping departments, kept logs of their schedule and what they had completed throughout the day
Utilized Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint knowledge on a daily basis
Counted out and deposited money at the end of shifts each day
Pros
Free Lunch, paid time off, benefits, great travel opportunities
Great company
New Owner Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 22, 2016
The culture is much more relaxed than previous employers. People are nice and supportive. Benefits are a little less attractive than pervious employers. One of my biggest complaints is the Hilton Team Member Travel Program. I just don't feel it is set up to support team member traveling. Rumors have it that the Hilton team member travel system is changing next month, so lets wait and see. Other than this, it really is a great company to work for.
Pros
hours; number of new sales
Cons
kicks; team member travel program;
Simple Job with no Opportunity for Job Growth
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 8, 2016
The job is simple. It is nigh impossible to be fired. It is also extremely difficult to be promoted. When promoted, the compensation for your work isn't equivalent to the effort that is put forth. There is no future in this workplace unless one is ever so lucky to land a GM or Assistant GM position.
Pros
Job is extremely simple, laid back management, freedom
Cons
no advancement opportunities, lack of any management structure, low pay
Friendly staff and great place for starting a career in hospitality.
Room Service / Banquets Houseman / Barista (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2016
A great starting location for hospitality career goals. It is a smaller hotel with friendly staff and several areas of growth and opportunity. Management will try their best to listen and assist staff, working hard to improve where needed.
Pros
Free lunch, available benefits, several employee discounts.
Cons
Unfairness in seniority and hour cuts.
Excellent Corporation To Work For
Restaurants Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMOctober 11, 2015
Was with Hilton Worldwide for 4 years in the F& B Department. Was trained in all "front of house" capacities from hosting to supervising. If you enjoy people, the hospitality sector is definitely for you! Hilton provides all kinds of opportunities for its team members to get involved, both internally & within the outside community. Hours can be long at times & you do have to work on holidays, but the rewards certainly outweigh the negatives when dealing with the hotel guests. Most of the time, they truly appreciate you being there to provide the best customer service possible. There's always opportunity for advancement & the benefits available are definitely a plus.
Pros
Interacting with guests on a daily basis, ongoing training in all departments, good team member relations, great benefits
Cons
Long hours, working on holidays
Hampton Inn and Suites
Front Office Full Time clerk (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXDecember 12, 2015
I have learnt and completed ON Q PMS software related courses of the front office. In fact, I initiated myself doing food and beverage department to serve Breakfast-Buffet occasionally and maintaining public areas in clean and orderly condition. Henceforth, I was doing two jobs under same salary. My typical day starts with breakfast and ends at front desk.
That is why, I enjoy the most part with guests, to serve them, entertain them, giving them unexpected delights whether while serving breakfast or empathizing them at front.

It does had a good social environment.
The hardest part is when I started working, everybody was friendly and socialized. The change in staff and even general manager in the management brought changes in my life and my co-workers as well. The changes such as: I was promised that I will get insurance after I complete my 90 days. Since then I been talking about it and completed more than 7 months and they still working on employee health insurance. Thus, as a full- time clerk I expected at least what I been promised.
Pros
employee rate benefit.
Cons
no breaks.
It is a fun place to work. Everyone is easy going and supportive.
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 16, 2016
I enjoy where I work, the management and my coworkers are great. The hardest part of my job would be when it is extremely busy with guests checking in, requests from in house guests and calls coming in all at once. I love being busy though vs. slow! The best part of the job is all the people I get to me.
Pros
Free meals and discounted hotel room rates.
Cons
There are NO benefits, i.e. healthcare, holiday or vacation.
Great pay with a cost
Banquet Coordinator/Front Desk/ Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 26, 2015
The current management, Interstate hotels and resorts, has a wonderful benefits package and this particular Hilton pays really well. On the down side they go through Food and Beverage managers like water. I worked in banquets for 2 year and I worked with 3. The general manager seems to just hire random inexperienced people and forgets to train them. The front desk manager never posts a schedule until 2 days after that current schedule has started! The general manager continually shorts people on their pay checks and he makes a big deal when you try to dispute it. You will eventually get your money but not without a lot of unwanted hassle. If you are willing to work so much that you don't have a personal like, with an all new staff every few weeks, and deal with the management then you will get paid a pretty penny and have great benefits.
Pros
free lunches, hilton hotel discount, benefits
Cons
no breaks, drama
Great learning opportunity and Company to work for.
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAMarch 3, 2016
I am the FOM for the Hilton Garden Inn, the everyday challenges of my position is what makes me grow stronger within myself and the position, and for the growth of my team. The Hospitality Industry is rewarding to me. I work within a great team and I appreciate and respect our guests commitment to our Hilton Family.
Pros
Great travel benefits!
Cons
Whole team commitment!
Productive and Fun Environment
Event Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAFebruary 3, 2016
The company offers great benefits, work life balance and a lot of opportunities for advancement in your career. They have a less than competitive bonus program then other brands.
Pros
Benefits and Career Advancement
Cons
Less Competative Bouns Program
A fun and refreshing enviroment to work (:
Breakfast Hostess (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 26, 2015
The Hilton Garden Inn has by far been the most relaxing places I've ever worked.

I work as a hostess for breakfast and this is the only job I've ever liked. The management is perfect, completely understanding of me being a single mother, also scheduling is so flexible and my co-workers are so AMAZING. I love working for the Hilton Garden Inn because they give me great benefits and also great discounts for hotels around the world.
Pros
Breakfast, meeting new people, friendly enviroment, awesome managers
Horrible pay and managment
Auditor, Front desk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 21, 2015
Working in the hotel biz is ridiculous, Been at this location for 5 years where you get one raise, with horrible hours, no holiday pay and when you do favors for a childish management with no returned. No breaks includes no sitting I was a great employee in my opinion, on time everyday, went to work everyday, did my job. If I was called in to replace someone, I would go most of the time. Would stay longer if my next shift was late and never complain, This in turn made them subtract one hour from my time because someone else was late. How is that fair?
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
everything
Great pay and benefits
SALES GALLERY HGV SALES HOST (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 17, 2015
Working for Hilton Worldwide is a great company when it comes to pay and benefits, but the manager side is not the greatest. I believe in a fun and equal work environment. Some the managerial rules we have here do not apply to everyone. I do love this company if only they could figure out the kinks and try to work them out instead of condoning what is going on. I do enjoying working with my upbeat, enthusiastic co-workers. They are the reason that I come to work everyday. I deal with a lot of guests/customers with all different kinds of personality, so I can pretty much handle anything thrown at me.
Tight knit work environment with positive atmosphere.
Sales & Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2015
On a daily basis I work closely with the Director of Sales, Catering Manager and Food and Beverage Department to ensure all meetings and events run smoothly. Working with all departments in a cohesive manner is a must. I have learned everything from detailing banquet event orders to room setups to generating revenue reports. Sometimes the work load is demanding with multiple events going on simultaneously but experience has made that easier over time. I always enjoy reading positive feedback from clients and attendees.
Pros
Cross training opportunites
Cons
Lack of benefits for full time employees, pay
Terrible Company
Server/Banquet/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 22, 2016
Terrible company. Checks do not come on time, Little to no benifits, and employees are treated unfairly. Very little pay and very unorganized business. To clock in you have to use a "Time card". So unprofessional and not up to date.
Pros
You can receive good hours.
Cons
Short breaks, little pay, strict dress code
Productive and a fun place to work
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 11, 2016
Hilton is company that I would highly recommend. The benefits are phenomenal. The Hilton staff is family oriented, Leadership, and management with the Hilton is also phenomenal.