Hilton Worldwide

2.6K reviews

Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews

productive
houseperson (Former Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 31, 2015
Pros: great team work at times
Cons: poor management
I enjoyed working here I have nothing negative to say about this place only wish management could be a lot better and staff low.
convention hotels at its best
sous chef (Current Employee), dallas texasAugust 31, 2015
Pros: family atmosphere
great perks and benefits
high volume fast paced kitchen
huge business swings from extremely busy to just as slow
all around a good environment for learning operational standards applied in all aspects of the industry
Hands on work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDAugust 31, 2015
A typical day at work would be collecting linen , organizing rooms, and making sure the room was clean for the next guest.The hardest part of my job was waiting on the linen , the most enjoyable part will have to be making sure the guest was satisfied at the end of each day.
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), shelton connecticutAugust 31, 2015
Pros: pay, hrs, location
Cons: some managers
The Hilton was a great place to work fun time good employee relationships. Staff showed very good team work between co workers. A day at work came fast with plenty of work to keep you busy and also the guest relationships were also beneficial.
alright work place.
Front desk agent (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORAugust 30, 2015
an alright work place, things are ran a little differently and things are outdated. I would much rather work were things are updated and the management was different.
productive
Overnight Auditor (Current Employee), Carle Place, NYAugust 30, 2015
good company to work for. This hotel teaches you more on customer service and hospitality. The work environment is calm and collective. Good place to start if you have an interest in hospitality field.
Great
Sales (Current Employee), orlando, flAugust 28, 2015
Pros: earnings
Cons: schedule
great place to work for if you work hard you can earn some serious cash. Once you have been here for a while they will work around your schedule
What I Learned
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Athens, GAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, Discount Rates, Parking, Coffee
Cons: Variable work hours
How can managing guest satisfaction at a hotel make me a better physician? Firstly, the turnover of rooms is constant therefore I developed a great appreciation for attention to details. Managing patients on a floor isn't as high of turnover but the attention to detail is very important. Then there were the constant demands of guests to meet their satisfaction. By anticipating guests requests proactively, I can gracefully attend to patient needs. This is good for the patient, the hospital, and staff.
Great Work Environment. everyone is super nice.
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Oak Lawn, ILAugust 27, 2015
Researched, calmed and rapidly resolved guest issues.
Greet guest upon entrance and handled all cash and credit transactions.
Assisted customers over the phone, and transfered calls.
Assist guest with special request and needs.
Compute Data Reports
Provided required weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
Multi-tasking
Cashiered with two cash registers at once in tandem to maximize customer flow.
Interview new front office candidates
Compute front office payroll
Oversaw front office employees
Organized meetings
Create front office weekly schedules
Fun, creative place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee), Ames, IAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Usually held kitchen down alone
Cons: Clean up was also alone, at the same time as service, keeping everything going smooth by yourself can be a challenge
Not a complacent place. Always making the trendy changes and keeping up to date. Allows workers to contribute to creativity. A team atmosphere, that was fun to be a part of.
Family-Like Environment
Service/Sales representative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2015
The people here are kind of like family. There are always a few bad apples in the bunch. Overall its a good place to work and a friendly environment
Making the guest feel at home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Midland TxAugust 26, 2015
Pros: socializing
Cons: dealing with guest that where drunk
A typical day would be to greet incoming guest and escort them to there rooms. I learned how to keep the guest happy and the management and coworkers worked well as a team. The hardest part of the job was not being able to hang out with the guest too long and I enjoyed spending time with the guest and making them happy. Very fun work place!
fun job
BQ server (Former Employee), College Station, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: 10.82 in hour good pay... make atleast 800$ ever other week
Cons: long hours but rewarding when looking at pay check
Really fun job, every day a new event. All you doing is refilling drinks and picking up empty plates, all u need to do is walk around and make sure every table is good
Overall a Good Brand
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Addison, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Hours, Meeting New Ppl, Benefits, Average Wage...
Cons: No communication, constant issues, thefts, doing more than your position states
I work for a Hilton property. We are independently owned so there are various differences between a corporation owned and a private property. Hilton the brand upholds a standard I respect. This particular hotel has various issues that the management rarely takes seriously. You may be hired for a particular position but you will be doing duties outside that. It is deemed as "Helping"
good fast paced enviroment
Banquet Server/Bartender/Front Desk (Current Employee), Tyler, TXAugust 23, 2015
management was horrible. favoritism was present.... I loved the employees I worked with, just not the management. i loved the bar, bartender, and everyone.
easy work
CASHIER AND SPECIAL EVENTS (CUSTOMER SERVICE) (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2015
Nothing to really say, I was a cashier for the graveyard shift and worked special events. I also had to work 4 shifts straight. Wow to that.
enjoy my job
Lead cook (Current Employee), Rockford, ILAugust 23, 2015
Pros: ability to be flexible...good dental plan, good vision plan
Cons: health insurance isn't great
great company top to bottom. great management team and great co-workers. enjoy working with people from various backgrounds. i seem to get along great with all manager in all departments, they make me feel like i'm part of the team. love being able to have some culinary freedom in a corporate environment.
Enjouful place and Team player
Housekeeping (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch, breakfast
Cons: Healthcare, etc
What I`ll love about this jobs is the people who are from different places all over the world a fun place to work meet people what I learn about this jobs is greet guest ,know your city history and more I management to do my best at anything .what I like bout it is the team player my co-worker was how we help each other and my worth part is went the guest is mad about something are when they are drunk you have to be patient with the guest. But most good part is the people you meet .
Nice corporaton
Southern Elements Restaurant Server (Current Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: No breaks, poor managemnt
The Hilton is a nice corpoaton to work for but the management staff needs furter development. The benefits are very good and they encourage career growth.
Fast paced position
Activation's Agent (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2015
Very fast paced environment
Very team oriented, with supervisors and team leads readily available to aid you.
EXTREMELY high turn over rate. There are new hires every month.
Must meet minimum production standards.
Headquarters