Hilton Worldwide
2,080 reviews

Hilton Worldwide Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Maid and Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2015
A Typical day at work was very exciting! You never know who or what's going to come through the ER Doors. There were days when you walk in and the action is taken place as you're clocking in. Wash up and jump in when and where needed
Relaxed work environment
Diamond Desk Reservations Coordinator (Current Employee), Carrollton, TexasJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: no healthcare options
Work from home taking calls for reservations. Building your own schedule promotes a flexible work schedule and proper adherence. Management lays out metric expectations and do not hover over your shoulder.
i rate the hilton holtel 5 stars,for the professional working enviroment
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great bonuses
Cons: when work is slow.
i"ve been working banquets for over 15 years,and i truly love the hospitality atmosphere ,and it is work i am very good at.i enjoy working with the guest,and provideing a great service.banquet serving is also a great way to work with people who are very kind,and very diverse,its a great way to learn about other people culture as well as work with great people.the hours can be very long,but with having this great job i can never complain.
It was like a family owned business
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great working people
This company closed back in the 90's. I planned to retire from there. I worked here 11 years right after high school. I grew up here, seeing what life really was like. They were fair to their employees. They had good benefits. There were people that had worked here for years when I came. To me, that spoke for itself.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches/ health benefits.
On a daily basis, I was responsible for contact former guests and request payment. I was able to learn how to properly communicate with difficult guests. This was a fast paste job, where you are responsible of answering calls, preparing refund request and creating financial reports.
A entertaining place to work
Credit Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2015
There is never a dull day nor is it the same everyday. Knowing what may not be in store for you or what may happen around the next corner is the best part of working in my position. Working with amazing co workers from every department makes it a great environment to be in.
Great Place to Work
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2015
I work here part time and it is very accommodating to my personal schedule. Their expectations are straightforward. The training class is very efficient and proved to be extremely helpful when transitioning to real time calls. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for part time employment.
Frequent turnover
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Warwick, RIJanuary 22, 2015
It was basic the pay was very low for what we did. Happy to on from there
A Rollercoaster Ride
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Initially, the management was very unprofessional and promoted division amongst the employees. Upon arrival, the coworkers didn't want to help with learning the position and everything was looked at as a competition. Eventually, excellent management came along and there was a "family-like" mentality (minus the competitiveness). There were times where you had to put on a psychologist hat in order to deal with some of the guests who would come and want to talk about their lives, but it was not a bad experience (other than the fact that you had to put your paper work on hold, to appease the guests first). Once the new management came along, it was truly a great work experience.
big place
Banquet server (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJanuary 21, 2015
This place is a one of a kind place to have a wedding or eat out in the restaurants they have to offer. Great staff very welcoming
respectable team work
Housekeeping supervisor/ front desk attendant (Former Employee), washinton DCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: less over time
My job is very demanding but with my team we make sure the job is done and done right. weekends are sometimes difficult because more people check in. when we deal with this issue as a group makes me proud
Homewood Suites
Assistant General Manger (Former Employee), Palm DesertJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great property
Cons: long hours
Homewood Suites is a great brand to work for.
The hotel offers free breakfast everyday and evening social monday to thursday.
Awesome Place to Work at
Culinary, Cook 4 (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: $3 lunches all you can eat.
Cons: 30 minute breaks
The management always makes sure that the product needed for the day is available. Co-workers are like a family always helping each other.
they help you to balance life and family
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches
a typical work day would be busy and full of surprises. Management always try to satisfy guest and coworkers. They are also very good at helping you balance personal life with your schedule.
The worst spa I have ever been in, in my 16 year Massage Therapy career.
Massage Therapist (Former Employee), CarefreeJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: the parking lot is close to the building so when it's time to go home, you can bolt.
Cons: the management needs complete replacement.
You do not want to work here. Unless you don't like money, then youll love it. And if you like to get called off for WEEKS in a row. If you like paychecks under $200 for 2 weeks. I f you like managers that will not take responsibility for their actions. No one wants the leadership responsibility. So they have no leaders.
Instead of calling maintenance, for any repairs, they use duct tape to hold the old carpet down, and to prevent unraveling. A CD player from 1995 (there's only one for the 18 room facility, so you have to get there early to get it) put in your room because the piped in music is always broken. A space heater to take your frigid massage room from 44° up to a balmy 55°. More guest complaints..
Some rooms have the thermostat stuck at 80°. In which case, they recommend you crack the door open with a rag, while you massage people when you and the guest can no longer tolerate the temperature. Gusets also complain about the raw sewage smell from the pipes backing up in the locker rooms. In that event, simply crack the ladies locker room door open with a rag.
There are dozens of mistakes every day made by reservations. They book the Temps before the part time people. Therapists are constantly fighting and bickering over the fact that there is not enough work to go around. They advertise things and never follow through. Ie. Free gift with aromatherapy. For the first 13 months there was no gift. They constantly run out of oil and lotion.
Beyond RIDICULOUS.
First job....
Convention and Conference Director (Former Employee), trevose paJanuary 18, 2015
Very long hours and weekends are required, customer service was a high priority.
Hilton is a Pleasure!
Bellman/Concierge (Former Employee), Singer Island FLJanuary 17, 2015
Working at the Hilton was a pleasure on every level. From the establishment itself, to the staff, the employees, the professionalism and warmth of everyone was outstanding. The employees were treated very well.
Giving great Customer Service at the Highest Standards
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: it made me see that this was my niche.
Cons: you couldn't use the gym.
A typical day at work at the Hilton was greeting and checking in guest making them feel like they were family. The Hilton Brand is very family structured they want you to feel like your home away from home. What I learned at the Hilton was that I'm very good at giving great customer service. The management team was motivating and eager to listen and help when needed. My co-workers were great we were a small family. The hardest part of my job was not being able to please everyone the way you wanted or the way they expected. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you get to know your guest and greet them by name and when you're going through the arrivals and you see someone is having an anniversary or birthday you can set their room up before they arrive with flowers or balloons and a card.
Change
CARPENTER/ LOCKSMITH (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: being held back
I loved being challenged everyday. Never the same so you had to adapt to overcome the obsticales of everyday.
Working at Hilton
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: smoke breaks, free lunch (sometimes), potlucks, contest, celebrate birthdays
Cons: ugly uniforms
This was my favorite job yet.

A typical day for me would be coming in early setting up my caddy for the day, which is (putting cleaning supplies and rags in a basket). I then check my board to see how many rooms I have, so I then can put my bin together with all the sheets and towels I'll need for the day. We then take all of our stuff to our carts and stock them. Once we have all our stuff for the day we check vacant rooms.

I learned about costumer satisfaction. I learned how hotel operate. I learned my guest needs and what they liked, being that it was an
extended stay hotel I got confrontable with knowing what the guest expected when giving them service.

I enjoyed working with everyone, we had great management great staff.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide (formerly, Hilton Hotels Corporation) is a global hospitality company. It is owned by the Blackstone Group, a – Read more