Hilton Worldwide
2,282 reviews

Hilton Worldwide United States Employee Reviews

productive and friendly
Clerical/ Assistant (Former Employee), Fontana, CAApril 17, 2015
A typical day at work was always exciting and an experience. I learned a lot of skills and knowledge that will help me advance in my career. Management was always friendly and understanding. The hardest part was leaving for the day. The best part of my job was meeting new people and experiencing new things and learning new skills.
Good place to work upper management treated everyone nicely
Banquet Manager (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLApril 17, 2015
Pros: Cheap rooms at other Hiltons
Cons: Long hours, short staffed.
All departments worked well with each other. Very good atmosphere to work in. Kept staff at minimum to keep labor low made it difficult sometimes
A good place to start a career in hospitality
Server (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 17, 2015
Pros: Free meals, great HR dept.
Cons: Parking costs
Nice place to work. I love my coworkers and managers. I like the opportunity for advancement within the parent company, Interstate Hotels.
This is a great place to work!
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Springfield, VAApril 17, 2015
This is a great place to work! Great management team and friendly atmosphere.This is a great place to work! Great management team and friendly atmosphere.This is a great place to work! Great management team and friendly atmosphere.
okay job
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Troy, MIApril 16, 2015
Pros: good customers
Cons: tiresome
very tiresome, management okay, overall job was okay but I wouldn't go back anytime soon due to the stress the job causes
Restaurant Server (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch, meeting people
Cons: Hours were hectic, worked holidays/weekends
Working at the Hilton establishment gave me the opportunity to meet amazing guests and provide them amazing service! This job was very rewarding. Unfortunately, my school schedule conflicted with the hours.
very flexible schedules
HRCC Customer Service and Reservations (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXApril 15, 2015
i love working for hilton worldwide. their schedules are very flexible and i am able to build my own schedule. but it is very hard to get a full time job at the department i am in currently.
Poor work environment
Front Desk Clerk/Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Discount parking on site
Cons: understaffed departments, deceased benefits, and no food in cafeteria
Worked in the front of the house and i must say that the disconect between managers and staff is substansial. The owners are extremely cheep with thier allotment of resources for the hotel and their employees. Cheap products and revoking of hot food in the cafeteria to save money and a decreased benefits package.Fluid and ever changing work schedule with little opportunity for any life outside of the hotel.
Day at work
Activations Call Center Agent (Current Employee), Orlando, FlApril 15, 2015
Walking in to a fun and family orientated environment everyday. Working hard answering calls and helping people. Its a great job
Need better managment
Housekeeping (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 14, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Managment
Need a well trained management to deal with the everyday necessities of every employee as well as the customers. The hardest part of my job was to do my job with the tools I needed.
Great company to work for
Assistant Director of Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 14, 2015
I truly enjoyed working for Hilton Worldwide. There were tons of people to meet, resources to be had, training, tradeshows, etc.. and with so many Hilton properties in NYC alone, there was always a sense of consistency and familiarity.
Over the phone hotel reservations.
Reservation Sales Specialist (Former Employee), ILApril 13, 2015
Very fast paced environment. Always kept a positive attitude during high peek call times. Managers were very helpful and insightful.
typical day at work
Cashier (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 13, 2015
I was a fount counter cashier.I learned how have great customer service skills.Management was great.Coworkers is a great team.The hardest part of the job was rush we have for lunch.The most enjoyable part of the job everyone is happy about they meals.
HR Coordinator
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Santa BarbaraApril 13, 2015
Fess Parker Santa Barbara staff and director was a great property to learn HR and to excel with a great management staff.
Needs better training.
PAYROLL SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 12, 2015
Management does not address issues in a timely manner. Overall not a bad place to work but, not somewhere to stay and retire at.
New property.
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Edison, NJApril 12, 2015
Pros: Management was very attentive to associates needs.
Cons: No opportunity for advancement.
I was hired as part of the original team that first worked at this property. Great place to work and good team work was the number one philosophy for all associates.
professional
Front desk agent (Former Employee), philadelphiaApril 11, 2015
Maintain constant surveillance of assigned areas providing maximum visibility
• Greeting and checking in any guests
• Assure that all persons entering the building are authorized to do so
• Proved appropriate assistance as need to client, their employees, guests, and visitors in expedient and professional manner
• Complete any Incident Reports, Daily Activity Reports, or other written documents as requested by the client
• Enforce rules and policies of the property
• Promote good public relations though courteous, helpful, and professional contact with client and their guests/visitors
• Perform duties of a Security Agent as applicablel questions
A nice group of people
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 11, 2015
Pros: A lot of team players
Cons: Great Benefits
A great place to work. A lot of team players. You were always to told to put your best foot forward, and the managers were there to help you when you needed assistant.
Hilton Reservations/Sales. I wish it was just Reservations.
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXApril 10, 2015
Pros: Good money, incentive, benefits (full time), good people, happy customers
Cons: Unrealistic expectations, sales pressure, bad training program angry/rude/customers who hang up on you
I typical day at work is listening to customers from happy to angry and trying to book them a reservation under the pressure of a constantly dropping ADR (Average Daily Rate) which affects our paychecks. We are required to upsell, say a time share offer verbatim, and a rental car offer. The management in Reservation/Sales, I feel, has unrealistic expectations of it's workers and unfair comparison that relates to our paychecks. Although I love the people I work with, they are fun and want to see you succeed. Even if our training was horrible, and we are having to relearn everything our trainer taught us because parts of it were incorrect. I see in other parts of the company this may be different, and after 90 days we are allowed to explore other options in the company--but I have been told there is not an area that does not have a sales aspect. The hardest part of the job is sales. Making people buy a room they don't necessarily want. They keep telling us "it's not your money" but that doesn't seem right to me. Also, many people just use you for price hunting instead of going online and then hang up on you. Even when this happens it still affects your "conversion rate" which affects your paycheck. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help someone plan their dream vacation, to hear the excitement in their voice.
Hilton Garden inn
Server (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Low price hotel stays
Fun empowering workplace. Friendly support staff. On site HR Director. Flexible hours. I enjoyed helping guests and seeing them smile.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hilton Worldwide

Hilton Worldwide is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 4,200 hotels, resorts – Read more

Hilton Worldwide Salaries