Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,719 reviews matching the search
Best experience of my life!
Guest Service Agent & Concierge (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMApril 6, 2016
After taking a leap into the hospitality industry, this was by far the best job I ever had. Getting to know multiple roles and work on a one-on-one level with management really helped in understanding the full operation of the company. Being cared for, valued and respected by upper management really made you feel like a team. Opportunity to advance with time and there you are able to create and maintain valuable networking relations.
Maintenance engineer
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sinai, SDApril 6, 2016
Employers place great value on related work experience to show you have the relevant skills and knowledge. Requirements can vary for each job and some employers may want you to have previous experience in another area of engineering.
Gaining experience through sandwich or vacation placements will be useful and other work related to manufacturing or production can help to illustrate your relevant skills.
Pros
good place to learn
Cons
care
Guest Service Agent
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2016
You will have absolutely no life, especially if you decide to work at a major hotel full time. Extremely hard to maintain work life balance. Management was very unorganized and unethical. I quit my position given prejudice from one of my directors. An enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different guest from different parts of the world. Networking is another advantage apart of the job. Honestly this is a position for you if you are interested in the hospitality industry, specifically hospitality majors.
Pros
networking opportunities
Cons
short or no breaks, inconsistent work schedule, overwhelming, life consuming
Productive and awesome attention to customer service
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2016
All areas of the hotel were keen on morale and customer service. Teamwork was a plus and morale was always high. The challenges would be on short of housekeeping staff when there were high turnovers. I learned the difference between working at a military lodging versus a civilian lodging.
Pros
Morale
Cons
Housekeeping employees shortage
Safety first
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2016
I start my day off thanking the Lord and ask for his guidance. Safety is a big issue for us so I'm doing my rounds first thing making sure there are no life safety issues. then I get online and check my emails for anything upcoming with the Hilton Brand. Check my preventive maintenance place for the week. Meet with front desk to resolve any room-guest issues for the day and drink a cup off coffee and get my day started with the pool and move forward by completing work orders and pm's.
Pros
Staying busy always learning somthing new
Cons
Being called in for a clogged toilet at 2a.m
muy productivo y provechoso trabajar para esta marca
camarero embassy suites by hilton santo domingo (Former Employee) –  Santo Domingo, PRApril 1, 2016
hilton es una emoresa que me permitio crecer mucho a nivel profesional ya que se enfocan capacitar a su personal para que realicen de manera profesional sus tareasde tener la oportunidad volveria a trabajar para esa marca. un dia de trabajo en hilton es muy creativo y productivo los compañeros muy atentos y disponibles para cooperar para que en trabajo salga de manera eficiente y de calidad
Pros
se aprende mucho
Cons
no tego nada que decir en contra
Great benefits, bad treatment of employees.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2016
Great company to work for as far as benefits are concerned, terrible in most other ways. Property GM's are allowed to run their properties nearly into the ground with tight budgets and severe understaffing of operations departments. Employees are often placed under enormous amounts of stress dealing with sometimes severely overcrowded properties (the summer, holidays, spring break, etc.), way too many guests and not enough staff. Human Resources departments will not hesitate to terminate long-time, accomplished employees just for one mistake. As an individual employee you will not feel valued at this company. You will be treated as highly replaceable.
Pros
Cant beat the PTO benefits, most properties offer free meals while working.
Cons
Many properties are poorly run.
great place to work
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2016
On a typical day at work at Hilton Grand Vacation Club Parc Soleil is as any restaurant, super busy. Everyday is a learning experience with all the different customer that we take care of. Management is great, but it has its up and down. Love my co worker. The hardest part of my job as a chef is having to fired or reprimand any of my team member. The part that I enjoy the most of my job is watching that big smile of the guest once they get their food.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not so great with communication
Day at work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2016
Verified all purchase orders and invoices for proper coding and billing. Prepared and completed end of moth statements from all departments and request approval for payment. Provided expense reports to department heads on special projects and recognized over budget expense. Perform general filing of invoices and receipts. Also create, maintain, and enter information in data base.
Finding the right balance in a 24hour a-day operation.
Sales & Marketing Administration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 16, 2016
The Hospitality Industry (hotels) is a very rewarding and people based operation. "Making it Right" and doing everything possible to assist the hotel guest, client, attendee, meeting planner is a great reward.
Pros
Having a "successful" Conference
Cons
Learning what we can improve on after every group has departed
Fun industry to work in with great benifits
Hotel Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 12, 2016
Overall Hilton is a good place to work for. This varies from property to property depending on the people and management you work with. Typical day at work is a 10 hour work day - which is standard for management in the hospitality industry.
Pros
Great benefits, opportunities for advancment, as well as transfers
Cons
Nights, Weekends, Holidays - Management is a 50+ hour work week/Salary
My first taste of how customer service affects everyone.
Customer Service Agent/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMarch 25, 2016
My first job as an adult and living on my own, I had a lot to learn about life. Meeting the people that I did and making the long lasting friendships that I still have today, have shaped me into the woman that I am. I have patience, courtesy for all people, a level head and I'm a go-getter. I'm no longer the meek teenager, who was afraid of her own shadow. I literally had to grow up, and it was possible starting my customer service career with Hilton.
Pros
Cons
Beginner mistakes
The perks are nice.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 22, 2016
A typical day involves plenty of greeting guests, accommodating needs, and the computer and paper work that goes along with ensuring smooth operation and satisfied guests. I have learned to skillfully and efficiently navigate OnQ, take payments, perform service recoveries, and creatively problem solve. I thoroughly enjoy the interaction with the guests. The hardest part is working alone on a busy night or with a skeleton crew because I cannot leave the desk for breaks or to use the bathroom. Otherwise, I like my job.
Pros
discounted hotel rates, free dinner
Cons
working every weekend
Provide travelers with a room to the world.
Reservation Sales/Operations (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 13, 2016
As a reservation sales agent, I had the distinct privilege to meet the needs of the traveler with an ultimate destination dream in the form of a room. I provided excellent customer service, went the extra mile.
Pros
Meeting the customer's travel stay needs.
Cons
Relocated prior to being offered a mid-level management position.
they Need a smoking area that is closed in
Banquet Captain Server (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 13, 2016
go in early in the morning and do breaks then get ready for lunch function and if shorthanded they will have me work dinner as well if we have one may not leave until function is over how to set a room and buffet tables doing a job that consists of babysitting grown people Love working with the public
Pros
getting a 30 minute break
overall a great place to work
Call-Transfer Reception Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32835April 4, 2016
My responsibilities included determining the true desires of a client, making sure those needs were met accordingly, and the acceptance of major credit cards while working within a clients needs and budget. I gained invaluable experience on the sales process from open to close as well as the importance of the longevity and lasting impression on a guest.
Fun co-workers, hopeless management
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 25, 2016
Most of the people you work with are cool but the management staff is clueless for the most part. They only help when they are forced to. They have generally terrible ideas about how to "improve" things. They will ask the team for their input and them pretty much ignore it and do what seems to be the opposite. Very little room for advancement.
Customer Service is the key of Great Success
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMarch 13, 2016
I enjoy every day arriving to work, And starting my day with smiling at my guest the moment I walk into the hotel knowing that they are satisfied with the Customer Service that was given to them. I Learned that when you make the Guest / Customer satisfied it makes them feel to come back again. I also feel that when your co-workers believe in team work that is what makes great success in your business. I feel that the hardest part of my job is making every Customer happy/satisfied.,But what i enjoy most about my job is making my guest feel at home, And understanding there needs from there long journey.
Was not a very plesant place to work as a housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMarch 25, 2016
Supplies for the rooms: Laundry was done so we could do our jobs.
I had to go up and down the elevator to get bed sheets, towels etc...
It was impossible to get the job done when you had to wait for the
laundry to get done. Closets on each floor was not filled.
This was my experience as a employee.
Pros
Good tips, good times
Cons
needed better management to make sure all closets are filled.
Challenging company that expects excellence from employees!
Guest Service Agent/ Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 11, 2016
I have worked at the Hilton Austin for 1 year and I professionally have grown so much. They provide several opportunities to learn and cross-train in different departments. They actually 'encourage' growth and advancement and they practice what they preach concerning the corporate culture. They do not allow their talent to get 'rusty'. They keep you on your toes and keep your 'eyes on the prize'. Success is a never ending goal!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.