Hilton Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 2,879 reviews matching the search
Great place to work!
Lead Restaurant server (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 12, 2016
Geat place to work!
The culture of this establishment makes going to work fun and rewarding. Management often recognizes hard work and rewards you. It can sometimes get hectic here but my coworkers were often very big on teamwork so together we got through the day successfully.
fun but not promising
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GASeptember 9, 2016
When I started I loved this job. The number of rooms I received to clean towards the end before I left was cut down drastically to like five rooms. I started making about fifteen dollars a day and It was no longer paying for my gas to work.
Pros
worked on my own
Cons
could not make much money
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30303August 14, 2016
i would go in get my daily duties go to the stock room get everything i will need to clean rooms or help housekeeper greet the guest ask if they need anything while they wait for room to be clean ill start with bathroom work my way to the beds strip them put clean one on dust and start to vaccum
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great Company as a Whole to work for.
Convention Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 5, 2016
Great company to work for as a whole. Everyday is different with challenges that you can learn from. Also because the company is driven by hospitality you have great opportunities to wow your guest and make you feel like your career is meaningful.
Pros
Free Lunches, some amazing benefits!
Excellent focus on team work and customer service.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 14, 2016
A great company very focused on training and giving guests excellent customer service. A typical day can be very fast paced with several check ins and check outs, lots of incoming calls, and reading over arriving guest requests and communicating those with the appropriate department.
Team work is very essential. They have a very caring management presence.
The most enjoyable part of the company was their concern for their staff as well as the valued guest experience.
The hardest part of the job is being able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
Pros
A great team attitude and a beautiful property.
Cons
Breakfast is not free for all guests.
Fun, high-paced atmosphere with great networking opportunities.
Guest Service Rep/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 21, 2016
I learned so much about myself while working in the hospitality industry. I was able to use natural skills and strengths in my work while becoming stronger and more efficient in areas where I wasn't so strong.
Productive and fun workplace with room for advancement
Sales and Catering Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 13, 2016
A typical day at work keeps all of the employees on their toes. Staying busy is not optional but we stay organized and get everything done the right way. Hospitality in general has molded my entire character and opened me up to a world of possibilities. We are managed my a franchise, licensed by Hilton. Co-workers stay assertive but also are warm and welcoming. The hardest part of the job is always being challenged to step out of your comfort zone however that goes hand in hand with it being the most enjoyable part of the job as well, for it is very rewarding.
Good place to work in a good environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 12, 2016
Always concern about the customers and quality of the services. I learned how to make up the guess bedroom. I learned a laundry work and how to use the communications between lobby and laundry.
Pros
40 hours per week. Free food at lunch or dinner hour
Cons
Variable scheduled.
Productive place to work
Room Service Server (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAApril 13, 2016
Consistently busy and always on your feet. A very great environment to work in. I have learned many new things since working at Hilton. My co-workers and managers are amazing to work with.
The hardest part about my job would have to be being short staffed and having to pick up an extra side work or duty. The most enjoyabel part of this job would have to be the people i work with.
Pros
complete a full 8 hours a day
Cons
Far Drive from where I live.
Productive and place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJune 30, 2016
Great place to experience customer service. Friendly management and employees. I've learned to create a more personal relationship with the guest. The most enjoyable part of the day is when a guest has a big smile on there face after checking out of the hotel.

Want to know more about Hilton Worldwide?

Ask a question
Family , Fun and fantastic atmosphere for all employees and guest
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 7, 2016
Day to day hotel operations, active role in the community. pre-opening to openning, NBA Allstar games, NFL super bowl Base ball world series. Award winning property
Pros
Lots of employees incentives
Cons
Challenges with E- verify in Texas market
Over worked employees
Room Inspector supervisor (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 12, 2016
The job would be nicer if only they would care a little more their employees. Also they do not hire enough staff to do a great job and work the staff they have to hard to achieve this.
Pros
The staff you work with are pleasant
Cons
The staff that is there is over worked
Day at work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2016
Verified all purchase orders and invoices for proper coding and billing. Prepared and completed end of moth statements from all departments and request approval for payment. Provided expense reports to department heads on special projects and recognized over budget expense. Perform general filing of invoices and receipts. Also create, maintain, and enter information in data base.
productive and fun work with hampton inn
My responsibility as housekeeping (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94103September 18, 2016
I like working for this company, because I do what I like, and I like to see customers satisfied with my work,.
this company allows you to grow as much as you want and that's the best that you can offer a job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Very produtive
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 16, 2016
I loved this job. As a waiter, I learned a lot about the restaurant business. I really got a chance to learn my way around the kitchen also. I meet people from all around the world and a bunch of sports fans. If I had to make a choice to go back to any job I've ever had, I would chose this one.
Fun and rewarding place to work with a hopeful future
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Alcoa, TNApril 9, 2016
My typical day varies based on the shift i'm working. I mostly check guests in to the hotel and help them as needed on an individual basis. I have grown to love the job and become comfortable with working the desk and doing managerial tasks.

The hardest part of the job is when i'm the only one at the desk during busy hours. Sometimes both phones are ringing off the hook and guests are waiting in line.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making the guest feel like they're at home away from home. I love recommending things to do or places to eat in the area. I want to move up in the company.
Pros
Discount hotel rates worldwide
Cons
Must be available at ANY hour of the day/night/weekend/holiday
worst housekeeping job I've ever had
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hilton Anatole Dallas txApril 8, 2016
Don't work here they promise all kind of good stuff then when u get in the door u get nothing the housekeeper fight they don't even wanna be there this place is a mess there doing 28 to 30 rooms a day because they can't keep anybody housekeepers come and go I stay 3weeks I had to go even 10.50 an hour wasn't enough for this slave labor job you train three day then your own your own please I'm telling u it is not worth it don't apply here especially for housekeeping...
Pros
Cons
poor management, they don't get along at all straight garbage
DoubleTree Hotel
Billing Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2016
It was interesting I was a Billing Auditor Overnight. Balancing the Daily cash and credit card totals. The benefits were not very good. There was no such thing as Holiday Pay even though they are open every single Holiday.
Pros
I got 40+ hours every week
Cons
Weak Health Insurance
Great Place to Work!
Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2016
Team Spirit

Many Employee Incentives

Excellent Benefits- Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ 401 K + Generous Room Benefit( some times difficult to take advantage of due to blackout dates)

Structured Environment

Very Diverse Team

Hilton University- you can learn whatever you what when you want!

Beautiful work Environment
Typical
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 1, 2016
When you need help you don't get it in a timely manner, new things happen and your out of the loop, tech issues due to their phone system/any other systems going down and your left trying to figure out on your own... Work holidays...
Pros
Get to work from home.
Cons
Don't get paid for tech issues when it is the system they provide.