Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 4,368 reviews matching the search
Front Office Manager - Hilton Hawaiian Village
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  HonoluluFebruary 15, 2017
Responsibilities included leading a team of over 60 Guest Service Agents with daily operations. Daily operations duties consisted of helping resolve customer challenges or passing along praise to management for a job well done. With the skills I acquired through my supervisor duties, I was able to create and improve upon Google documents which heavily assisted with increasing efficiency of arrival, streamlined communication among departments such as Housekeeping, and increased communication and decreased user error within the Front Office team.

Overall great position to learn about Hilton and the hospitality industry! Opporations is a great place to learn a little bit about most, if not all, departments and Hilton definitely encourages growth. Opportunities exist and are often there at this property, the company culture also encourages its team members to shadow and learn about other departments within the property to find the best fit for both parties.
Pros
Learn a lot about hospitality
Cons
No work-life balance
Not happy here. Was offered something that i havent received and i would not recommend hilton to anyone
Housekeeper Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hilton garden inn duncanvilleDecember 30, 2016
It is Nothing. I have been there a year and have not made 40 hours in a while. Before Thanksgiving they made sure that everyone on salary worked and all who didn't, didn't get any hours. We were given three and four days off. Also holiday pay means nothing here if you only get 2 and three days on schedule. The housekeepers are already lowly paid and they do most of the work. Without them there is no hotel. I will never refer anyone to this company. Oh, and job work life balance is non existent. There can be no balance where people who can't make a bed and Won't make a bed get rewarded while those who do get nothing
Pros
None.
Cons
Eveverthing
Small Staff intimate work enviroment
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Hilton Garden Inn Houston NorthwestFebruary 20, 2017
A typical day at work was a 12 to 18 hour work day 6 days a week on call at all times. I learned a lot at this job during the time i was there. I learned P& L and reviewing how to effectively run a department as a Food and Beverage Manager. How to cut labor cost and increase sales for the hotel. I learned how to help run and execute banquet events as well. Being on call 24/7 seven days a week and finding a happy work life balance was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with and the regular clientele i built up while i was employed at the hotel.
Pros
Free Employee Meals, 401k, Medical, Benifits
Cons
Short breaks
Hilton Properties
Customer Service/Hospitality Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 22, 2016
I enjoy working with the public, I also do great working alone when I have to as well. I do multiple tasks, everyday is different in this business. I love my job, but I need hours that are more stable and routine, as well as more for an hourly pay, benefits would be nice or advancement.
The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new and different types of people everyday, it gets very interesting.
The hardest is working alone and having a crowd of people and the computer crashes and trying to fix it while also keeping a smile on your face and letting everyone know its going to be ok. It can also be hard when you are standing on your feet 8-10 hours per day or night.
Pros
I love meeting new people everyday.
Cons
The hours of this job are very out of the ordinary for me and I am looking for a higher pay per hour, possible benefits/salary
Productive, Fast-Paced, Culturaly Diverse, "Family" Orientated
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CANovember 14, 2016
-Great ability for vertical movement in the company
-Management is competent, motivational
-Co-Workers embody our "Blue Energy" Culture, are Friendly, Engaging, Professional, and Consistently provide quality service to Guests.
-Hardest Part of the Job: Managerial Turnaround
-Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: Working as a true TEAM in the HR department; Accommodating Team Members in a variety of aspects (e.g., Personal, Financial, Social, Medical, etc.)
Pros
Complimentary Employee Cafeteria (3 meals daily), Hardworking individuals, Charitable, Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks- 30 min unpaid
Fun workplace with many perks
Bartender/Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 29, 2016
The coworkers were very good and we all worked as a team to accomplish company goals. A typical day at work included assisting customers with any concerns or needs that they might have no matter what department it pertained to. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with so many different people from all different backgrounds and all over the globe. I typically worked alone without much supervision, however there was an increase in micromanaging over the course of my employment that other employees were not very comfortable with.
Pros
Benefits and room discounts
Cons
Shortage of breaks, constantly covering others shifts, and accounting issues, troubles getting paid accurately and timely, shortage of inventory and constantly having to tell guests that we were out of products regulary
Great Guest experience
Sales Specialist & Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLNovember 16, 2016
I love working with Hilton Worldwide. The reason why I am looking for new opportunities is because of advancement and increase of income. I am very happy with the company great benefits. However, driving distance and commission base salary is not always worth for my current lief style.
I learned great deal with customer/guest services. Multi cultural exposure which is extremely important nowadays. I love working with guest and provide the best vacation and pleasant stay with Hilton Hotel.
Pros
flexibility, great benefit package
Cons
No parking for employees, have to pay every time. low base pay, no advancement
Best company I have worked for by far.
Lodging Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2016
This company has provided me with great benefits which include Kaiser, PPO Dental, and free vision. The Hotel is large containing over 1,200 rooms which also means working with 100-200 team members per shift. The discounts for team members are very beneficial and fun. The Management team is also very professional and hands on in all aspects of customer service. Free meals daily.
Pros
Fun, competitive pay, Great working environment, and very accommodating to all team member.
Cons
Honestly an all around great company.
Better entry-level job
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2016
I work as a valet attendant for Hilton. I've worked in this industry for about 4 years now, ranging from standard hotels to the cream of the crop.

At the Hilton, they want things done efficiently, but not over the top like some of the top hotels I worked for. Management is great and are always there if you need anything.

Benefits here are great. I'm only part time but the full-timers enjoy great insurance benefits. The greatest thing is the Hilton discounts. A lot of my co-workers are part timers or on-call and still get the full Hilton team member benefits.

You get 30 rooms for yourself out of the year, ranging from $35 to $55, w/ 50% food and beverage. ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. That's hard to beat.
Pros
Free food, good pay, good benefits and management
Negative work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 12, 2016
I took a position with the hopes of advancing internally. My supervisor was terrible at teaching the staff and did not support them.. would get annoyed when you asked how to do something and wouldn't teach you. Felt threatened you would take their job so kept you clueless. Disregarded your preference for scheduling and played favorites with the coworkers they liked and gave them the best schedules, despite the fact that they joined the department after you. Very childish and unprofessional atmosphere. Lousy pay, no benefits, horrible schedule. Really wouldn't recommend working here.
Productive and rewarding work environment
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Notre Dame, INJanuary 26, 2017
A typical day at work involves setting up for the event taking place that day in our banquet center. This event could be a wedding, a business meeting, or a fundraiser. We start off by setting up all tables, chairs, decorations, setting tables, and triple checking everything to make sure it's perfect. Then, we receive the food from the kitchen and do further preparing, such as adding dressing to salads or garnishing dessert places. Once the event starts we help seat guests, serve food, and make sure the guests feel welcome and are having fun. What I have learned from this job is how to provide the best guest care possible, and how to properly set for any banquet event. The management is excellent, they are always on top of everything going on and handle and issues that may arise very professional. The workplace is very upbeat and enjoyable. The hardest part of this job is being on your feet ready for the next part of the event to happen, we often will be on our feet for 12 hours straight making the event is going perfectly. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing the well-planned out event take place and seeing guests enjoy themselves.
Pros
Free meals, great hourly pay
Cons
Unpredictable work schedule
Worst place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYJanuary 24, 2017
Hilton Garden INN in Auburn Ny is one of the worst workplaces i have ever had to endure. The management is childish and very unhelpful. As well as conceited and not constructive at all. Terrible review in all aspects except you can make good money if wiling to bend over backwards for everyone.
Pros
good benefits, good pay
Cons
Horrible management, ignorance and favoritism shown by employers, no breaks, forced to sty on shifts when very ill, shifts get cut drastically without notice
Fun and interactive place to work for
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 30, 2016
I loved working for the Hilton the benefits were always great. Working for the Hilton introduced me to plenty of diversity in the work place because the most definitely show no discrimination. Management is strict but it is understandable because the are so rewarding and appreciative of their employees.
Pros
Free Lunches, and access to black market deals and major discounts
Cons
you barely recieved a lunch break, and parking was horrible for co workers
Same thing, day in and day out
CUSTOMER SERVICE/HOSPITALITY (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 28, 2016
Again, working for people that are snooty and I was not treated well by the guests on the phone or by the staff. It's a demanding job and many of the the guests were condescending rather than appreciative of being there for them to assist in their hotel reservations...also, it is the same thing day after day, on the phones.for eight or more hours, tied to the desk I worked there for a while because the benefits of working for Hilton are great! But, I left the company in January of 2011.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Same thing day after day/condescending guests
Fast paced
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Working in a hotel environment you are always on the go! Customer service is top priority, you want your guests to be happy so they will return. I was on the management team and strive to make a difference daily. The hardest part was working long hours and being away from my family. I enjoyed meeting new people and making them feel welcome.
Pros
Fast paced, fun
Cons
Low salary
Fun place to work
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CANovember 4, 2016
Fun work environment with really nice co workers. Management was always busy with hotel operations. One of the hardest places I have worked as a server just because of how spread out everything was. The kitchen was actually on the other side of the lobby from our restaurant, so it proved to be quite a hassle to serve your food. Wait staff was so supportive of each other we made it work but it was a very difficult work environment due to the tools we were given.
Pros
Hilton benefits
Cons
No assigned breaks. Late hours.
Personable and engaging workplace
Food & Beverage Supervisor/Recreational Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2016
People. The entire place was always about people. That's what made the job so great. The focus was always on the guest and there were always so many wonderful people to meet. To help assist that, strong team unity was always promoted and I met some of my most favorite people and best friends working there. At times the stress would seem too much, but that's the service and hospitality industry. There would be times where you felt fully underappreciated. But the moments you shared with some of the great guests and wonderful team members made that all seem to fall away.
Pros
Great PTO, good benefits, daily employee cafeteria
Cons
Lack of movement within the company
Awesome experience
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2016
I have learned so much during my tenure at HILTON HOLLIS. Since it is a small company, employees are exposed to and gain experience in many different sides of the business from design and creative to production, merchandising and sales. Additionally, there is no set vacation plan. You work long, hard hours during market and in season, but vacation time is flexible and generous when we're not busy. Health benefits are not provided, however, and salary is low.
Pros
work/life balance, experience, exposure, team
Cons
low paying, no health benefits
Great Learning Expereince
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Working with the Hilton has been informative and some what rewarding. I have learned alot while employed here and the team can be supportive.
Pros
Free fountain drinks, offer health benefits, free parking
Cons
Benefits some what expensive, seem like you have to actually know someone to get promotion to higher levels, pay rates are not competitive (below pay grade), $15.00 charge for weekly lunch tickets and the lunch menu doesn't change often, No room for advancement
Residency hours for my OLS degree
Hotel Residency (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 23, 2017
Though my time was short I was given the opportunity to work at a Hilton hotel. During this time I was exposed to front desk, housekeeping and customer service operations. Management was friendly and gave me the opportunity to observe and participate in the operations for these areas.
Pros
Interesing experience
Cons
no benefits as an intern

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.