Hilton Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great place to work at
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 22, 2017
I worked in banquets and it was always fast paced, but enjoyable with the team I worked with. My managers and supervisors always delegated and gave us responsibility we were all able to successfully manage.
Unimpressed
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 21, 2017
I expected more. I was talked into picking up shifts at the Hilton property next door (Hampton) for extra hours however they split my time unequally at first and didn't receive much. They decided to switch me full time to the Hampton because of an unexpected fire or another guest agent without discussing or asking me. Very unprofessional. Refuse to hire more help or are at least very reluctant. I will avoid working for FRANCHISED companies in the future.
Pros
Loved my co-workers
Cons
Management needs work
Good Training
Guest Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLSeptember 21, 2017
I enjoyed the fast paced service we provided. I very much loved the customer service aspect of the job. Hours were not always a positive, but the training was very helpful for other professions
Average workplace
Room Service and Private Dinning Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Learned a lot about food safety guidelines, serving techniques.
Always able to request days off I needed.
Great benefits and always put employees first.
Hard
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, INSeptember 21, 2017
The Hilton Garden Inn is beautiful hotel. It takes a lot of work to keep it beautiful. The rooms have a lot of detail to them that takes longer to clean.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Long days, most weekends and holidays.
Friendly active environment.
Safety Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77010September 21, 2017
there was a lot of banquet and exciting things to do at the Hilton Americas right downtown across from George R Brown and the Toyota Center. there were celebrities and entertainers.
Pros
cheap lunch
Productive And Fun Workplace with ping pong table
Sr. Front End/UI Developer (Current Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 21, 2017
Productive And Fun Workplace nice to work and gain Experience for more out sourcing, very good environment and supportive colleaugue
got to know many more things & situations by working with them
Not a place to work for
Banquet Setup/Server (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILSeptember 21, 2017
The Hilton was a stressful environment to work. My concern was always what time I'd be leaving because my supervisor would only give us start times. I would work some days 2 in the afternoon and leave at 4 in the morning and then come back at 12 the next day. It was too little workers who did quality work
Okay to Be there
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 21, 2017
Worked 20-30 hours a week, but too much drama. Will work with you on some level, but not easily. I get it is a tough business, but pay should be a little higher to cover standard cost of living. Mangers are good in the downtown location. I feel it is not balanced with life sometimes and favoritism took place. The hardest part is keeping busy because you are only busy when people arrive and leave in the morning and at night. A lot of slow periods. The best part was speaking and helping people. I really did enjoy this part and was tipped very well. Unfortunately, the tips went down as soon as the company switched from doing weddings and events to just conventions.
Pros
tips, Speaking with People, and Good management
Cons
Drama, Low Pay, and Downtown
Hard work, but paid propertly
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 21, 2017
This was my second job at Alaska, and I did not enyojed that much cause it was really hard working place. I used to work from 5pm to 2am, and I needed to do a lot of rooms for really short time. But colegues were nice.
good enough
Housekeeping/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  KingstonSeptember 20, 2017
good management skills ,loving employees, long breaks friendly environment to work in. good benefits, free lunch, smoke breaks, nice uniforms . most of all good food.
Fun workplace and competetive
Demi Chef (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Nice place to start a career
all of the worker there are very friendly and very helpful
its so quick to learn when you are new in the place
great management
Management was great
Server (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 20, 2017
-Early mornings/late nights
-Busy environment
-Management is friendly and approachable
-Gives raises when earned
-Makes work fun
-Management (no matter how high up) always rolled up their sleeves and offered to help if you were slammed.
Pros
Awesome management
Cons
Early/late hours
Do as I say and not as I do mentality
Inspector/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2017
Maybe not all Hiltons, but the one I worked for by the airport (Hilton Hotel and Resorts) needs some work. The managers would tell you not to do something but turn around and do the exact thing they told you not too. Bad communication issues within management. Never had enough supplies to do the job accurately and management knew. Bug infestation in the kitchen area and housekeeping supply area. No recognition for going above and beyond job requirements. Just was not a good working experience, especially when management walks with blinders on as if they don't see issues arising. They have the worst reviews from previous guest, check for yourself on trip advisor or you can research the name.
Great room discount
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Excellent place to work perfect for a sidejob
just follow the rules and you shall be fine...........................
,,...................
Pros
Minimal fee meal
Cons
Not enough hours
Good hours and friendly staff.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 19, 2017
Good place to work and other co workers were very helpful. Had to work fast, typical day of 10-15 rooms. Only left cause of health issues. If I could I would definitely work there again.
Pros
meeting interesting people, learned a new job
Cons
need to be really fast at cleaning rooms
its ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 19, 2017
its ok its i would work there agin for sure i was in a car and had to be off for some time so they let me go its a good place to be anf its work from home
I loved it
Collections (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2017
I loved working for this company. I was a temporary job so I was only there for 6 months but enjoyed myself. If i had the opportunity to work there again I would. Great company to work for.
It was a learning and growing environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 19, 2017
My day was fast paced and was over before you were aware. Taking care of the guests and problems that would arise was always priority and made the day move
Pros
feeling you've accomplished something
Cons
quick breaks if any
Too many layers. Very political
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2017
This property is big so intern there are many different levels of management to keep it going. The different levels of upper management each have their different opinions on how things should be run so it makes it difficult to run your operation. There is a lack communication as well as too many big egos which hinders consistency. Lot of pointing fingers and gossiping that creates a culture of always looking over your shoulder. Hilton as a whole takes great leaps to take care of their employees unfortunately this specific property is overlooked and allows single minded individuals to run the operation out of fear. Overall great place to put on your resume but say goodbye to your personal life.
Pros
pay, busy environment, collaboration between departments
Cons
too political, big egos, job security is non-existent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.