Hilton Employee Reviews

A great company to work for
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 19, 2017
I truly enjoyed my time here, It was a very fun place to work. There were lots of good benefits and I was always able to get plenty of hours. I would not have left if I did not move.
i loved my job
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 19, 2017
hated the fact that i had to leave, i had excellent benefits as well as an amazing boss and coworkers. I would love the opportunity to work there again.
Great Team
Reservation Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 19, 2017
I love working for Hilton Worldwide, I work with a great group of people. We are all supportive of each other in our work lives and personal lives. Can't ask for a better work setting, when you work from home.
Fun place to work with good earning potential.
Pool Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 19, 2017
I was responsible for maintaining The River Ranch Pool amenity. Working there was fun, face paced but very hot. I found it difficult at times to work outside for an 8 hour shift in the Arizona hear.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Hot working conditions
Multi-Tasking
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILOctober 18, 2017
If multi-tasking is your forte, then this job is for you. Balancing guests checking in, on the phone and in house, sometimes it can be a daunting task.
Pros
Fantastic hotel deals
Cons
Low wage
Great money,long hours. Hard work.
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAOctober 18, 2017
Great money, given the right schedule. Short handed and stressful. No room to advance. Not a career. No positive feedback. Very hard work and very busy. Never enough hours. Schedule was given to us at very sorry notice making it difficult to enjoy the travel benefits.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Short staffed, stressful
Not bad place but no room to advance
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 18, 2017
Overall it was a good place to work but the could be quite stressful at times. Sometimes there would be unreachable goals that determined bonuses and such.
Pros
Hotel Discounts
Cons
No room to advance
Fun
Night Audit Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 18, 2017
Awesome career to dive into, fast paced environment, learned to grow within company, workplace culture is friendly and engaging, hardest part was having to go home, and the most enjoyable were seeing the company grow when we as a team did our part for the day, and also creating family like relationships with our customers whom chose our brand.
Pros
Lots of Customer Interaction
Cons
Wished I could work 24 hours, no cons
great place to work at
hilton international (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2017
I find the hilton a great place to work at,where i have been allowed to work many different positions gaining much experience.in more than one position the staff and management is great.
Pros
free lunch, great pay
no real perks
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYOctober 18, 2017
I felt it wasn't run very well, did a lot of unethical things , maybe things are different now that was over 10 years ago. Did lean to run a dept within budgets . I had a lot of nice employees. No life and work balance calling on your days off. ,a lot of employees calling off so each day was stressfull , no team players there
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
not a good work enviorment
good palce bad management
SOUS CHEF (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 17, 2017
good place to work bad management was not able to go to HR because i did not want it to back fire on me. my head chef was good but my executive sous chef was under qualified and not fair and was very good friends with the chef outside of work
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
Not a place you can advance
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2017
To much to do with no recognition. I worked really hard called out may 3 times in over a year and still I was over looked to grow withing the company.
Friendly Environment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 17, 2017
Great working environment
Friendly coworkers and friendly guests
Great view of the ocean while working
No set schedules
The owners come in all the time and are very friendly.
Manager of the Hotel is genuine, friendly, and all around a great individual. The managers in the hotel lack communication with one another which can make it very frustrating. But that problem is very minimal to the overall great hospitality for employees and guests. That is why I gave Management 2 stars but the overall 5.
Great learning
Rockville Hotel (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 17, 2017
Hilton is a great company , you learn a lot on a day to day basis. You have to work as a team and pay attention to details. It is fast paced but worth it.
Great place to work, would recommend
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVOctober 17, 2017
Great Management, friendly employ's, steady hours, advancement potential, and lots of perks all make Hilton a great place to work. The Hilton I was employed at felt more like a family than a "job" every one was easy going, pulled together when the work got hard and relaxed when it was time. Management was excellent, in that they would work just as hard as they could and treated every one the same.
Pros
Free breakfast.
Cons
hard (ish) work
hilton
guest services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 16, 2017
great experience
love the Hilton culture
appreciate their employees
great travel opportunities
terrific opportunities to advance worldwide
long lasting friendships
Relaxed bar gig in a great location
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 16, 2017
Super chill bartending job that doesn't demand a whole lot from you. If you're great at delegating yourself and can tend bar alone, even better. Well, you really don't have to have much of any bartending experience. You'll make great money being close to Con.Center and the benefits are awesome. Off by 10pm. Majority of staff is great and you'll get along with, but professionally, inexperienced comparatively to your normal bar/restaurant. It can be frustrating, especially if you're a veteran in the industry. Outside of all that, just show up on time and you'll have nothing to worry about. Oh...actually, try to as much as possible, be from Wisconsin and/or like the Packers. Maybe even be a brown nose to an extent. Or play more of the restaurant politics than being a contributor. Definitely be a hard worker, just saying it won't get you employee of the month.
Pros
Cheap Employee Meals, Fun People Watching, Legit Other Bartender (Teamwork)
Cons
Banquet Bartending, Inadequate General Restaurant Training, Poor Morale/Appreciation from MGMT.
fast pased
Executive Assistant Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 16, 2017
Checking and making sure all rooms were cleaned and up to Hiltons regulations and standards. Supervised 10-12 housekeepers and making sure they had all supplies to complete their daily scheduled rooms.
Everything is broken
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 16, 2017
Nothing goes right, Managers are stressed and don't work with kitchen staff. Banquets are told to kitchen staff last minute with no time to prepare. Extremely understaffed.
Family Environment
F&B Manager/ Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 16, 2017
Franchised location. GM and myself try to make sure all employees are comfortable and happy with their jobs and expectations. We treat all employees like family.
Pros
Open door policy. Traveling Discounts
Cons
Lack of benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.