Hilton Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work
Food and Beverage Hostess (Former Employee) –  ShorthillsNovember 18, 2017
This is a wonderful Company to start a career whether you are a Student fresh out of school or a seasoned employee, This is a great Training ground, for anyone who would love to perfect the craft of Hospititality
Pros
The Culture
Cons
Manager change
Dull but dependable
Server/Room Service (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 18, 2017
Basic corporate role. Low turnover in the restaurant which makes finding your place on the team a bit easier. Union job, so excellent benefits, but some mellow fireable offenses (personality, customer service quality, general laziness) go unchecked because of seniority.
I loved working there,, cause I love cleaning
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 16, 2017
I am very grateful for the opportunity to have been employed by the company,,I learned alot about cleaning to the best of my ability above and beyond perfection.
Pros
It was a great experience, an friendly work place
Cons
I found better benefits
Great place to be.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2017
Nice place to work, nice co workers,nice atmosphere. Hilton allows you to advance or transfer to other departments. They have great benefits, and many discounts.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Familiar, friendly and productive place
Supervisor, Team leader (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicNovember 15, 2017
Hilton was a a wonderful place to work that Made me feel as home, I had a lot of fun in that place, I feel thankful of all the moments that I had working there.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
You can't say no.
SOUS CHEF (Former Employee) –  NJNovember 15, 2017
You can never tell a guest No, you just have to figure it out. I worked at one of the top properties if the chain. Working there was one of the top learning experieces.
Overall a good place to work, just not in the area I worked
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 15, 2017
Overall, a very good place to work. However, in the area I worked, we were sometimes required to work weekends and sometimes even until 9-10 on Friday or Saturday nights. This was even the case on "National" Holidays, where we work a full day on labor day and July 4th (whether those days were weekends or weekdays).
Pros
Discount on hotels, good insurance, Pto
Cons
occasionally very long work hours
The supervisors were too relaxed
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 15, 2017
My review is that the employees should be made aware by the supevisors to take their jobs more seriously and not to be too relaxed because that's one of the reasons the salt scores are low.
Productive yes busy environment
Loss Prevention officer (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL 33401November 14, 2017
Very enjoyable, rewarding, yet busy. To get ahead, you must apply yourself, educate yourself, and prove that not only are you ready for more responsibility, but that you are indeed a valuable asset to the company.
Fun, Fast and Friendly atmosphere
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2017
Working with Hilton was a great pleasure. I enjoy being of service to guests, making their stay as comfortable as possible and to see them leave with a smile on their faces.
Pros
Team member discounts at any Hilton Brand Hotel
Cons
One never knows what to expect
It's cool for the benefits
Reservations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeNovember 13, 2017
I love working for Hilton the benefits are great! If I had time to myself instead of working 7 days a week and if the pay was better I would never leave Hilton.
Pros
Hotel discount, 401k, medical, dental and possible room for advancement
Cons
Starting pay is too low, metrix system doesn't add up
advancement
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 13, 2017
at Hilton Worldwide I have been supported by me leadership to apply for advancement, and due to the quality of leadership at Hilton, have been successful. I would recommend the Hilton as a workplace to anyone looking for long term employment, as they provide a great work environment and very competitive wages and benefits.
Pros
environment, wages, benefits, leadership, advancement
Great work place
Assistant Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 13, 2017
Professional growth and development started at this property. Met some good people 30 years ago and we still friends today. We were one great team with a good work balance.
Pros
Staff, parking, free lunch
Cons
Mardi Gras Balls
Innovative Hospitality company
MBA Intern, Marketing (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 13, 2017
Hilton was a very innovative company for being ~100 years old. They are launching many new brands and are very open to new ideas. Culture is incredible - they live by their core values of being the most hospitable company in the world.
work from home or on site, room for advancement and proper training
Reservation Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 13, 2017
Scheduled reservations based on clients request. Provided top notch customer service skills; responded to questions based on hotel's nationwide.

The difference in type of hotel's within the Hilton brand.

Management communication was through email, but would not respond within a timely manner.

Work from home using company program and hotel specific web sites.

High volume of calls (never a gap between calls to enter any additional information per clients request).

You get to work from home! Unless there is a technical issue with phone/web programs.
Pros
work from home! learned about different hotels nationwide
Cons
rarely any down time between calls
great place to work
Night Manager-Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARNovember 13, 2017
I have enjoyed my job since the day I started. If it paid better and had better health insurance I would not look elsewhere. I seriously need something that requires more brain power of me.
Pros
great management-willing to work with you and cover where needed
Cons
not great pay and limited advancement opportunities
nice place
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHNovember 13, 2017
nice people , slow pace. good franchisee . great coworkers. beautiful breakfast buffet . fine dining. patio was lovely. lots of training and company history given.
hilton
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FL 32114November 13, 2017
I loved working hard in laundry attending sharing with a team, cooperating and moving at a fast pace with a smile with a good goal. Working hard together and accomplishing our goals.
Good company to work for. Great benefits.
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTNovember 12, 2017
Assign rooms to room attendants, quick meeting, send them up. Meet with laundry and house person, inform them what to expect for the day. Meeting with other managers and GM. Provide room attendants with supplies. Inspect vacant ready not used rooms. Start inspecting vacant ready rooms that have been cleaned that day. Inspect hallways, stairwells and public area. Greeting customers, guests. The best part is when guest tells you how satisfied they are with services. The hardest is when they are not satisfied and you cannot do anything about it ( something just broke or stopped working in the room and no more vacant rooms: water heater, window, pipe in the bathroom, ceiling leaking..) - because we are sold out. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you accomplish your goal; passing QA inspection, working as a team on extremely busy days and you see happy faces of the guests and employees on the end of the day; or when employees sharing information about guests who had good experience, or bad experience and we successfully fixed it! Learned that customer is the most important part of any kind of job, we always have to work hard to keep them and make them to return to us, to provide exceptional customer service. Things can broke, mistakes can happen, how we handle it, that counts.
Pros
Discount at any Hilton Family Hotel
good place to work
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MONovember 12, 2017
good place to work hardest part of the day was going home, great people to work with fair management always willing to help nice team work guests were always a pleasure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.