Hilton Employee Reviews

Helping people as a bellman.
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTNovember 7, 2017
A typical day for me would be I would come into work and get the breakfast part of the Hilton ready, since I usually work mornings. I would get some fresh water for guests to grab on their way out, then just make sure to hang around the front and help guests with whatever they needed. Management was nice as most people were very nice to me, but the toughest thing I need to learn is that sometimes it may be best to just let things go even if I think what I am trying to do is beneficial. My favorite part about being a bellman is driving people around on the shuttle, as I really enjoyed driving the van.
Pros
free lunches, nice view
Cons
teamwork
great place
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 7, 2017
great place to work. friendly staff and amazing food and beverage management. flexible hours they work with you. great customer interaction. only bad thing is finding parking and when you do you have to pay the meter and move your car every 2 hrs. On a busy day moving your car every 2hrs is tough.
Average
Bellman/ Concierge (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 7, 2017
Good working environment, poor management all around. Staff is hardworking and helpful. Multiple job opportunities ranging from Bellman to Head deck supervisor.
productive and fun place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 7, 2017
great expericence...cleaning rooms and assisting customers to there room....some was appreciative...nice place to work for someone who is looking for a part time job
Great
Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYNovember 7, 2017
I was hired directly out of college and went through hiltons MDP program. Hilton has a great training and recruiting structure. They definitely gave me a base to launch my hospitality career.
management was a childish instigator and they all seemed like they were still in high school
breakfast/laundry/room (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 7, 2017
i did my job, came to work on time every day, but it still wasnt enough just like this sentence isnt enough for this review box it has an 150 word minimum so i keep going
Pros
made good money though while it lasted
Cons
wanted u to work in the sweltering heat in the dead of summer, in the laundry room, with no air conditioner; u had to complete enormous workloads meant for 3 people all by yourself, somehow
Hilton has changed over the years...
Reservation Sales Agent/Redemption Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 6, 2017
When I started this position it was like family. Employees and team leads looked out for each other. The working environment wasn't bad. As things changed and departments and call centers were merged together, you became just a number. I was a work at home agent and had consistent technical issues with the company provided system. These issues along with a general lack of caring by most management, led me to leave and go back to college.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
wait 1 year to become eligible for benefits. Call volumes were high.
family oraianted
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILNovember 6, 2017
great company to work for. second family. very guest oriented. great place to advance in your career. awesome company benefits, along with room perks.
Productive and a place to advance
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYNovember 6, 2017
Though there was limited diversity among the staff everyone was treated the same. The Hilton was a place to learn if you have strong work ethics. The employers are always there and willing to help or talk about any concerns one may have. With strong work ethic I didn't really find any difficulty with the job and the most enjoyable was the staff. They were like family.
Pros
discounts
Cons
healthcare
Banquets
BANQUET SERVER (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, NYNovember 6, 2017
Worked as a banquet server. Manager is one of the most fun people to be around. Hilton gives great benefits to its employees and family of employees as well.
stressful place
Kitchen, Homewood suites (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJNovember 6, 2017
I honestly did not like it. For what I was getting paid and what I was expected to do, in the end it was not worth it. I had to be there 3am cook, serve the food, and wash the dishes. Clean the dinning room and front hall by myself. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Not a bad started hotel.
Catering Sales and Corporate Day Meeting Planner (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJNovember 6, 2017
The job hours were great but management is very poor. There is a lot of turnover as you are expected to cultivate new clients and keep old ones with continuous operational failures.
my favorite team
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2017
Right in heart of midtown east. great property amazing staff. We were all knowledgeable of each department. my managers and supervisors are amazing. HGI52!!!
Pros
Cons
No cons
Great Place to Start In the Hotel Industry
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNNovember 5, 2017
I truly enjoy Working For Hilton! I get to meet New and Fun People as they check in and Check out! You never realize that a stranger could become a good friend!
Pros
Discounts, Entertaining
Cons
Lack of Advancement Opportunities
Great company to work for, Hilton's success is not surprising.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CANovember 4, 2017
This has been my favorite job. The company takes care of you and trusts you to do your job. Not having my shoulder looked over allows me to do my best work.
Excellent place to be!!!
HOUSE KEEPER / RUNNER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 4, 2017
I loved working here and I also wouldn't mind being back there. My experience working there was great and it was a awesome atmosphere all around. I would definitely recommend anyone to work there.
Fun to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 4, 2017
Lots of people to work fast with and tasty flavored food! Every day different amount of people could be from 200 to 300 plates and side dishes non stop great area in front the Miami hotel airport
Good Work culture
Sr. Android Developer/Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2017
Good work-life balance, good benefits, and compensation, there is a job security and good advancement, management is very supportive, and excellent Job Culture.
loved working at the hilton
Head houseman (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYNovember 3, 2017
I loved working at the Hilton JFK i was a houseman there but due to my health reason i had to leave them it was very sad day for because the Hilton was a second family to me. We had so much fun at work and we work so hard it was a fast pace job and the time days went fast.
Pros
head houseman
Fun Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 2, 2017
Great place to work. The challenge was the very long hours on some of the projects and the very demanding team. If I were at a different place in my personal life the travel would have been great. As a parent, not ideal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.