Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 5,089 reviews matching the search
Exciting and Interesting place to work
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Longview, TX 75605July 6, 2017
great company to learn with
-loved getting to know fellow employees and customers
-management staff works with employees with great dedication
-learned how to better organize and manage multiple tasks
- co-workers may be great or a bit unbearable to work with, however management has been great at building a cohesive and positive working environment for all employees
- best part of the day was seeing customers enjoy the food prepared, having customers remember my name, and asking for me when I was not on the line
hard work
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJuly 6, 2017
long days, no set schedule. hospitality is a hard job type. no weekends or holidays off plus paid the bare minimum. im hoping my hotel is an exception and not the rule
Great Opportunity
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 6, 2017
I have worked for Hilton for six years and I have been happy with the job. It has been very nice and easy to advance in the Hilton company. Working for the hotel industry is a perfect job for a student. It is clean and flexible job.
Great fast paced environment
Guest Services Night Auditor/ Server (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 6, 2017
each day at the Hilton Garden Inn was completely different from the previous . Hilton was a great place to polish my communication skills dealing with guest from all around the world they stress that understanding is key to a great customer experience..benefits such as the Team member travel plan were great discounted hotel rooms at all Hilton properties were the most enjoyable
I like cleaning that's something I enjoy doing ! It wouldn't matter how many room i had a day I got the job done.
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, NY 10965July 5, 2017
I had the best time working for this company I would tell anyone who is interested in a job and in the hotel industry to go to Hilton. I had a great time and I think everyone would too.
Great training always growing
Food and Beverage Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  ManchesterJuly 5, 2017
This job gave me the oppurtinity to understand how to deal with staff in a conflict situation. They taught me what proper training is the importance of feedback and constructive feedback.
Pros
Learning weakly something new.
Cons
The hotel was located too far from where I lived
It's a good place to work
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHJuly 5, 2017
The benefit of hotel discounts is the best! It is just easy to miscommunicate with management. It is also very big so there is lots of walking, which is great for fitness.
Pros
free lunches, good breaks, hotel discounts
Cons
No job security
Hilton Garden Inn
Catering Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJuly 5, 2017
Great place to work! I would recommend this place to anyone! This a fun slow paced work environment. If you want a relaxed environment then this is the place for you!
Pros
Hilton Discouns
Great place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 5, 2017
Management is great. I had some great perks. company advancement opportunities. Hardest part was when the hotel was fully booked it was a lot of overtime.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Not always good lunch
Work at Hilton Garden Inn-Houston TX
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2017
A typical day at work for me is , to prepare for huddle with our team to see what level were going to take the hotel to.
Finding out our occupancy, what type of VIP, corporate, or groups we may have in along with banquets and events.
Finish up with getting ready to bring high levels of service to each guest. In the midst of that also building our team up by giving shout outs and working together to achieve our goal of excellent service which will bring profitability.

Hardest part is seeing employees tolerated but never celebrated for the service they have given. Also not being able to satisfy our guest before their stay is over or not knowing about an issue and wasn't able to resolve in the manner that they needed and get hit with a bad survey!!!

I'm a people person so I love seeing our guest leave with a smile on their face. I also love to see team members smile when their acknowledged for their service, it will keep them working with you for a very long time.

Hilton is an amazing Company to work for but!!!!
I notice franchise hotels do not celebrate their team members like corporate hotels. I have a huge problem with that.

I think Hilton has an amazing Executive Team starting with our CEO.
Cons
No Team recognition, benefits, like corporate hilton
Good Union, Poor Management
Barista (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 4, 2017
There are politics with every job. The Hilton is a great place to get started in the hospitality industry, but it is not a great place to advance within the company. Everything goes by seniority which works in your favor if you stay there long enough to outlive the employees who have been there since the place was built. But in the meantime you will learn a lot about the hospitality industry.
Pros
Union benefits, discounted hotel stays
Cons
Poor management
A place for growth
Banquet Porter & Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 4, 2017
Friendly environment to gain experience in. Work place culture involves empowering employees and a great way for me to gain experience in the field I love: Wedding and event planning.
Great company
Hilton Bayfront (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 3, 2017
I had the best time working for this company I would tell anyone who is interested in a job and in the hotel industry to go to Hilton I had a great time and I think everyone would
In room dining
In Room Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 3, 2017
an awesome experience. learned so much about hospitality. I would not recommend hospitality to those with small children. The hours you work changes a lot.
It was awful
Runner (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 3, 2017
The Hilton paid me 9 an hour to do so much work. mcdonalds pay the same s*** and they do less work then a 5 star hotel never in my life will I do runner again.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
never have enough s***
Great environment
Garde Manger/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 3, 2017
Great company with great benefits! I would 100% recommend working here. Lots of opportunity for job advancement. Great benefits and mentoring from leadership.
Hilton Garden Inn review
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2017
Hilton Garden Inn taught customer service skills, product knowledge and skills for further advancement. I was given the opportunity to be in charge of ordering and managing the stock for the pantry available for guests. Because of this, I was able to understand the details and importance of this position.
Pros
good environment
Cons
unfriendly owner
Not for me
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJuly 2, 2017
Working at the Hilton Garden Inn was not for me. I worked at two different Hilton Garden locations and did not like either. It was like walking on pins and needles every time. The employees were not friendly either.
Pros
Healthcare was offered
Cons
Staff and management
Fun and interesting place to work
Bartender/Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 2, 2017
My first real experience with hotel industry. Fell in love with it from the very beginning. Get place to work. I learned the bulk of what I know from here.
Pros
Travel possibilites
Cons
Promotion possibilities
Productive and fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 2, 2017
I like cleaning that's something I enjoy doing ! It wouldn't matter how many room i had a day I got the job done and on time and that's something I love to so how could I not enjoy it !! I would do it all over again .
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Hospitality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.