Him Employee Reviews

Fun workplace and productive
Medical Coder, Westside Orthopaedics (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAMay 15, 2017
I normally do medical coding and surgery scheduling for the physician. I also help out in transcription and in clinic rooming patients. I have learned many positions within the office which has given me a better understanding of a physician's practice and how it is run. Management is involved in every aspect of the practice and they offer guidance in my learning. The hardest part of the job is trying to do our best when a patient is not happy and they don't see that we are listening to their concerns. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know patients and learning the different positions within the office that broaden my experience level.
Pros
private kitchen/break room, great co-workers
Cons
no healthcare benefits
Wonderful CoWorkers
Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2017
Great company to grow and learn with. I learned so much about the HIM and Nursing aspects of medical records. Worked as a team to show results for state inspections.
Great workplace
Technician III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2017
Every day was a new experience because I had the pleasure of working with a wonderful group of people from management to associates. Learning the ends & outs of medical records, assisting the coders on locating high dollar charts for billing purposes.
Occasionally filling in for the receptionist by answering inbounds call as well as filling in for the birth certificate clerk. Those duties included, going to patients room, assisting them with paperwork and them entering data into the system.
Assisting physicians with dictated reports.
Pros
Opportunity to learn and advance
Cons
Manager stopped us from wearing uniforms
Him
Clerk - Family Health Centers of San Diego (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAApril 22, 2017
Warehouse closed off to patients. We are in cubicles working on our own. Processing requests from clinics and other locations. Everything is electronic; all documents are scanned into patients' electronic files.
Produtive, keeps your day busy
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAApril 12, 2017
My last job was spent analyzing patient charts from home. I was responsible for the Inpatient, Same Day Surgery, Observation, Physical Therapy etc. I loved being able to do all of this from the comfort of my own home.
Pros
I was able to wake up brush my teeth, grab a cup of tea and go in my office in my pj's.
Cons
Towards the end being transferred and ending up with smaller hospital and not enough work.
Overall good experience
Chief (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, VAMarch 29, 2017
Navigant offered great compensation and overall was a good position. The travel became more tedious as time progressed, and I decided to find a local position.
Pros
compensation
Cons
travel
busy but friendly
Clerk/ROI Representative (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 22, 2017
Extremely busy facility but still has a friendly and inviting atmosphere. I really enjoy being able to be part of such an important part of peoples lives by helping them stay healthy
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMarch 10, 2017
I was a temporary worker helping when the hospital started scanning paperwork I was only there for a month. I enjoyed the experience. I was able to add it to the experience I already had in the Medical Records Field
An Okay place to work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 6, 2017
This company is a business first so they will always care about the work first and the employee later. As long as you are doing whatever it is they ask of you then you will have little to no problems
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
rude staff in other departments
I love working in with Medical Records
Tech II Chart Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INFebruary 16, 2017
I have spent over half my life with H I M and enjoyed it all.. I'm just ready to start doing more like coding. I feel so bless to have had been apart of this felid..
Pros
you can do alot of different jobs.
Not sure what this is
Clerical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJanuary 11, 2017
I honestly do not know what this is. If it's HIM hen its my Oswego Health Review. And it was the same all the way around. Though I was more interested working on med/surg than working in medical records.
Health Information Management
Director (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2016
Maintains all medical records in accordance with HIPAA laws.
Processes all new admissions: create new chart, code, audit.
Pulls up dictation in contrast with closing out charts in a timely manner.
Release of information when pursuant of the HIPAA law.
Breaks down all discharged charts and filing.
Credentialing
Very difficult place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXOctober 23, 2016
A organization with a high turnover in leadership and unable to maintain a high standard and implement goals. Development and monitoring customer service
Lot of perks offered with discounts and employee events during the year.
Rep III (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 22, 2016
Communication with Supervisor and Team lead about goals for the day.

Always good direction and leadership and cooperation.

When someone was sick or on vacation.

When work was completed for the week.
Pros
Special events, free lunches.
Cons
Short breaks, losing staff.
Very productive with the processes they have in place.
HIM Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 3, 2016
The processes are efficient . The lack of team reviews seemed like a drawback but, overall was a decent environment. It was a normal 30 minute lunch with the need to punch in and out. That leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Lack of potential for growth
Great Work and Family Balance
Analyst/ Document Imaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 25, 2016
Allowed for growth, flexibility, and advancement. Little to no micromanaging occurred while working here. Lot of fun times to balance out the work that was required.
Pros
Allowed for advancement
Cons
great team players in the HIM department
HIM Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXAugust 22, 2016
Wonderful place to work. Great management. We all got along good in our department, we had quality time away from work. Great place to work. The hardest part of the job was remembering the names of all the forms that needed to be input.
Pros
we were able to make up our time.
Cons
could only work our 40 hrs.
Good
Office Coordinator / Coding Support (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXAugust 9, 2016
I enjoy working here. The mangers are very involved in our HIM department. My co workers are always willing to help to ensure the department is running smoothly
Closed
Site Manager/Privacy Liaison (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILFebruary 11, 2016
The restaurant has closed. O'learys was a wonderful place to work. The staff were engaged and wanted to serve it's customers as best they could.
Ward Clerk
Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bellville, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Taking off physician orders and translating to patient cardex.
Working with nursing staff

I enjoyed learning about physician orders, medication and ancilliary tests.
I enjoyed working with the physician and nurses.
I enkoyed working with patients and visitors.

I learned so many new things at this job that helped me launch a career in the medical profession.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Him. Our community is ready to answer.