Hinduja Global Solutions Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 20, 2017
HGS is nice place to start your career and gain experience. There are many client available to switch to to gain experience in different areas HGS is a great starter job.
average call center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 15, 2017
average call center environment, very strict on attendance policy, not really able to take any time off at all in the first ninety days of working there
benefits
Cons
PTO
ok
Helpdesk Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 15, 2017
don't pay well, and uninterested in advancing. But it is a job. I got paid, that is about it on this company. Was not thrilled to work for them, but they had openings
Great Start
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 15, 2017
HGS is a great place to start your customer service career. They would train you before you get on the floor and talk to the consumers. Also, more than one branch to work for.
Answered phone calls, fun enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 12, 2017
The typical day at work was, to clock in on your shift and pull up the phone and dashboard and start at work. Wait for a inbound call to come in but while you are waiting we registered cards.
Pros
customer service experience
Cons
wanted longer breaks
A revolving door for new hires
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 28, 2017
When let go, I was told to keep reapplying after a certain point in time. Was put on a "No Hire" list without knowledge of it. I kept applying after repeatedly being turned down for the position. For a call center, they are very lacking in the communication department.
Drama
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INFebruary 22, 2017
Too much drama. If someone doesn't like you they are easily able to make your life miserable both within the workplace and at home.
Only recommend if you're desperate
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 15, 2017
This was a terrible job. Pay was low, we had to upsell unnecessary products to customers, management left a lot to be desired. My coworkers were great. It was also easy to get hired which was a pro.

Typical Day: Log in, answer calls all day. A lot of customers called in upset and there wasn't much we could do to resolve situations due to company policies. There was a break room for lunch that had sandwiches, drinks, snacks and salads. Occasionally we were rewarded for meeting metrics by earning gift cards for the snack area. Dress was casual. Pay was abysmal. There was an incentive pay of $1.00 extra an hour if you were not absent/late each week but pay was still at $9.50/hr for reps and once you moved up , there was only an extra dollar/hr. Benefits were awful. We used to get pizza for working on Saturdays but the company stopped that. Most enjoyable part of the job: coworkers, actually being able to resolve customer issues.

Management was chaotic. They didn't want to be working there either. Our location seemed to be headed in the direction of closing when our lease was up.Jobs did not feel secure, there were people let go frequently. Honestly, I'd recommend applying to Grainger instead.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay, healthcare, having to upsell instead of fix problems, not stable-hours were cut a lot.
Great coworkers, extensive training, bad pay and a high turnover
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 14, 2017
The training I received was extensive and I have a lot more skill in customer service than I did before. The attrition rate is extremely high because the job is menial and there are so many regulations moral is low.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
regulated bathroom breaks
Proficient and enjoyable to attend work on daily basis
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 11, 2017
Hgs provided me with great customer service experience and motivation to pursue a high position. I really enjoyed management as well as the work environment
Team oriented and busy environment
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 10, 2017
I enjoyed working with some great people and the customer service aspect. I loved my job and helping people. I learned something new everyday
The Client Service and Operations support staff and agents are Awesome.
Operations Team Leader/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 10, 2017
A team leader is the front line to our agents. We do more work than most to help with payroll, scheduling, quality assurance, coaching, and disciplinary actions. The Client Service team is also awesome and our clients are great! I loved my client.
Quiet slow paced workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJanuary 28, 2017
HGS seemed to have little work to do for their employees I'd be on hold for 20+ minutes waiting for an incoming call and managers would come around not that far into shift asking if I'd like to go home.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Low hours
Work There As Long As You Need
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 25, 2017
With such a high turn over rate it is of no wonder why most employees (excepting supervisors and management) have been there for less than one year!
Really good vibe in your work space.
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 25, 2017
I really loved the job. Great learning experience for dealing with customers over the phone. It also improved my typing skills enormously I might say.
Productivity
Provider Service Representative (contract) (Former Employee) –  12-14 Worthington Road, Old Hope Road KingstonJanuary 20, 2017
Life at HGS was an incredible one. I got to meet amazing people and though management needs a bit of work. I'd recommend it as the perfect entry level job for people fresh out of high school to get some experience.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
weakness in communications, short lunch breaks
Bad working experience
Operations CSR (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Their office equipment is broken, I fell off the chair so many times and voiced it too much and at the end they fired me. Management, it's pretty bad. No room for advancement. I have never worked for such a bad company in my life.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Everything else
Hgs
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 16, 2017
Great people. Great place to work. Not super busy during the off season. Lots of sales opportunity during the open enrollment period. Very strict with compliance and desk policy due to HIPPA law.
Terrible Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 14, 2017
I have been working at HGS for a little under a year. There is no consistency in policy, they are constantly adding new rules that seem to only be structured to make it more difficult for employees to meet compliance. Hardest part of job is dealing with constant angry customers because you are speaking for a garbage product.

There is no room for material advancement, don't expect any compensation or raises for taking on more responsibility or advancing in tiers; You can only use earned time if you call in an hour before your shift, if any emergency comes up during your shift and you have to leave it is COUNTED AGAINST YOU.

If you care about you mental well-being, do NOT work here, unless you can't find anything else.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
management, policies, benefits, pay
Productive fun place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso txJanuary 11, 2017
It's a really good place to work at very communicative very nice and very good at accomidations needs more training I g on team leaders skills but other than that very good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hinduja Global Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Hinduja Global Solutions Reviews by Location