HINDUSTAN AERONAUTICS LIMITED Employee Reviews

Great scope to learn but very bad management
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJuly 17, 2016
As an entry level fresher this place is great for learning. You can learn as many thing as you wish. But when you become older you will have to do the same thing again and again. Once you become manager around 7-8 yrs experience your learning to new things will be narrowed down. Automatically you will be part of bad management. But you will have plenty of your personal time.
Pros
Good learning scope, can have detail knowledge of particular field, work-life balance
Cons
Very bad management, less growth, less pay
Excellent company to specialize the aviation knoweldge
Aero engine quality inspector contract trainee (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaMay 22, 2016
I worked in HAL as an aircraft engine quality inspector trainee (Rolls Royce & Turbomeca, Adour fighter aircraft engine MK804E and MK811) under one year contract term agreement. I have gained the technical Knowledge on Aircraft engines (operation, repair and overhaul process), Aircraft engines material selection and quality planning and I have successfully completed the design project of “Adour MK 811 low bypass aero engine rotating assemblies” with CATIA V5 R19 3D designing software at “Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)”.
Quite a knowledgable experience
Study on Learning and Development (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaMay 15, 2016
I just attended a 2 months internship program at HAL. I really appreciate the sense of discipline the people have and how they are so much focused towards their work.
Pros
Very Good Work Culture
Cons
Too many allotted leaves
design engineer
graduate apprentice (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra PradeshApril 27, 2016
its fantastic company, the typical day at work means when i left from the company because its into contract basis for 1 year, i have learnt so things from the company and people working over there. co-workers are superb, hardest part is contract basis dats it, every day almost we used to enjoy our work.
work is good but place is boring
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaMarch 3, 2016
The working environment is good but doesn't provide a lot of facilities to employees. canteen is really bad. Supervisors are lazy.
Pros
good work
Cons
bad canteen
Flexible and challenging
Design engineer (Former Employee) –  BangaloreJanuary 24, 2016
Very friendly environment and managers provide good guidance. I was opportunities to learn new things by attending workshops.
Highly reputed company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KADecember 21, 2015
Iconic Aerospace agency. Great place to work as a engineer. Work culture is good. Encouraging co workers and good work life balance.
Productive and fun workplace
Graduate Apprentice Trainee (Quality Inspector) (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KADecember 7, 2015
HAL is the world leading aerospace maintenance company. Fun work place with supportive management.
Very supportive working environment for designers.

Has dynamic, well qualified & experienced leaders.

Provides equal opportunities to all for their growth and knowledge enhancements
Pros
Good environment. Opportunities to learn new things.
Cons
Less number of opportunities, projects take time to complete
Good Exposure in Avionics & Aerospace Technology
technical manager (Current Employee) –  Bangalore City, KarnatakaNovember 25, 2015
Technically it is good, we can work on a full Aircraft product life cycle here. starting from design to product realization.
Pros
Secure Job
Cons
Unprofessional Management
Assistant Engineer (Former Employee) –  ORNovember 25, 2015
The jobs was challenging and very exciting. The colleagues are very co-operative and always are helps in need. The management always helps to develop good work.
Pros
Free weekly lunch
technician assistant
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaNovember 25, 2015
incentive processing
data entry operator
data correction and detection
based on working hours of time, the incentive will provide by company for indirect employees..
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hoours
Kolkata
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Kolkata, WBOctober 26, 2015
Imagine a highlight reel filled with footage of players sitting on the bench, napping in the dugout, and stretching on the sidelines. You have to imagine it, because it doesn’t exist in any popular sense.
Pros
LANCH
Cons
8 HRS
Learned new things in electrical.
Junior Electrician in Substation Department (Former Employee) –  Koraput, ORISSAOctober 23, 2015
Work in HAL was challenging and productive everyday.

I learned about APFC (Automatic Power Factor Control) panels, Switch Gear protection.

New works assigned helped me to know about more technical things in a short period of time. I used to enjoy learning stuffs.

Management appreciated my efforts and positive attitude towards work and was very supportive

Limited and prescribed working hours was the best part while working in HAL.
Pros
Limited and definite working hours.
Cons
Heavy work load
productive
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Lucknow, UPOctober 18, 2015
productive and healthy environment for learning and growth. the co-employees of HAL are soo full of efficiency and dedicated to work which is praise worthy.
Good Workplace
Manager-Projects (Current Employee) –  BangaloreOctober 12, 2015
Its a great place to learn and offers plenty of opportunities to interact with professionals from varied domains in the aerospace sector.
Challangeble workplace
Faculty in Computer department in HAL (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, APOctober 8, 2015
A challangeble work place to grow and develop.Good platform for implementing our own ideas which were supported by management.
mechical engineer
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  banagloreAugust 13, 2015
have a well balanced work environment and nice place to work with experienced minds which enhances the brains. giving us a great opportunity to work
Learning and Productive
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Lucknow, UPAugust 6, 2015
It was a good learning experience working with the only industry dealing with Defense Aircraft in India. A good Management is always a key essentials in a company for proper functioning, HAL is very innovative and lead by good Managers and Leaders.
productive
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  hyderabadJuly 5, 2015
It was very good experience working with hindustan aeronautics limites and I came to know the components and their functioning of all the components
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health insurance
Lot of opportunity to learn and improve, supportive managers, good work culture, good enough resources to solve an issue that would come up at work
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, APJune 21, 2015
I was a Liaison officer and later was promoted to a deputy manager. My job was to help and over look the production process. My job was to make sure that the production is not held up due to any reason and if so happens take the necessary step to clear the problems. I was working in coordination with methods, quality, and approval departments to ensure the production runs smoothly. I needed to make the necessary documentation required for running and help the assembly shop with the production. I enjoyed the part where I learned the different problems we encountered and how strategically we could solve them and provide solutions. The managers were very cooperative and provided inputs were required to get to the solution fast. We all co-workers worked together and helped each other to work out the solution by giving inputs how we got solution to same problems. The hardest part was not able to know where would the problem come up with for instance methods, assembly or quality and we needed t be prepared for any glitch.
Pros
Healthy work environment, stress free, good care for employees
Cons
Different channels for recruiting

4.2