Hines Trucking, Inc. Employee Reviews

Nothing is what they tell you in orientation
Driver (Former Employee) –  Prescott, ARAugust 2, 2016
You are told that you will make so much amount of money, but the money isn't there you are getting paid anywhere from 38.00 to 45.00 a load and it takes about 4 or 5 hours just to get loaded and get to your destination. You don't get paid for miles or the time that you are driving. Total waste of time!
Fair treatment for honest dedication.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, MSApril 22, 2013
I was first impressed with the dedication of the management. They seem to want no less than they expect of themselves. They care about the company and it's employees. As a trucking company they seem to be more responsible than most in that they take care of the equipment as if they were the one in the driver's seat. They keep them legal on the road so the drivers need only worry about doing their job well. Ethics and morals go a long way with me and this company showed me they possess both. I take pride in working for them.
Pros
benefits available, health, vision, dental, 401k, savings plan, etc.
Cons
ask me in an year or so.
ok overall
driver (Current Employee) –  BEIRNEOctober 20, 2014
Management overcommits company thus causing inadequate coverage to some customers while trying to still find even more customers. Can't keep good drivers although they have quite a few. Upper management doesn't take the time too really understand what customer needs are in some cases. Cover your rear cause they won't unless your buddy buddy with them
Pros
cant really think of any
Cons
low pay, poor communication between dispatch and managent

Comment – June 16, 2015

This is a very short sighted view of what the experience at Hines Trucking is like. Mill volumes control many of the "problems" that occur in any chip hauling company, and we service many customers to be able to keep drivers moving when mill production in other areas is slow. We also don't have a "buddy buddy" system here, so this is a complete misrepresentation. We do have many senior drivers who have earned a great deal of respect over many years, but "buddy buddy" is inaccurate.

Not a good company
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJuly 20, 2015
Bad communication a lot of broken promises darlene is a terrible dispatcher who doesn't communicate with her workers nor does she no what's going on in Dodson and she's in Prescott Arkansas. And to top it off the mill can't stay running for a full week consistently. Terrible company
Pros
You get a truck
Cons
You get a truck

Comment – September 9, 2015

If you don't mind me asking.... How long did you work for Hines before you determined this? HTI isn't a fit for everyone, but we have lots of long term employees who would disagree with everything you say. Driver Managers dispatch drivers all over the country, so saying that she is in Prescott while the mill is in Dodson seems pretty ridiculous. Did you expect her to hold your hand while you drove? The dodson mill has consistently produced loads for many years... I'm very sorry to hear it was inconsistent during your time with us. We appreciate your feedback very much, but your assessment seems pretty negative, and my guess is you weren't here long enough to form a fair opinion. We wish you the best of luck in your career!

Comment – January 21, 2016

What promise was broken to you, if we may ask? Also, how long did you stay to make this determination that someone with lots of experience is "terrible" at their job?

Great company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, MSApril 22, 2013
All the benefits of a large company, but they still can treat you like family
Hard work but company cares about you
Driver (Current Employee) –  ArkansasFebruary 15, 2013
Worked for 11 years. Expect a lot out of you, but treat you fair and try to help if they can.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
hard work

2.7