Hines Employee Reviews

walking every 30 minutes
Security Guard (Former Employee), PRJuly 8, 2015
Pros: my own lunch
Cons: very good on break my own time
very hot days, learn how to protects others pers, management very good and always in good communication hardest part is work on double shifts and my enjoyable parts my days off
An amazing learning experience with great coworkers
Property Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Really wonderful people to work with. Fun event/cultural days!
Cons: None
I was here as a temp through an agency and I learned a lot working for this company. The department that I worked for: the property management department was wonderful. You couldn't ask for a better group of professional and dedicated women to work for. They were supportive and walked me through everything I needed help on, because they knew it would help not just me but the company as well. If you have the opportunity to work here, especially as a property assistant, do it! The only reason I am not able to work here on a regular basis is that I am moving to the east coast. If that wasn't the case I'd be there with HINES for the long run.
The Ball Park was so huge that you could get excercise everyday with all the walking we did.
Engineering Department, Senior Painter (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: It was pretty cool when sometimes management let us work half day the day before a holiday.
Cons: It was a long ways to the inside of the BallPark to the Engineering Dept.
There was so much to do at the ball park that we had to prioritize the work orders first. We checked for graffiti every day before a game and made sure it was removed and sometimes it couldn't be removed so we had to prime and paint. This mostly happened in the mens restroom on the stall walls. We made sure the stucco walls were painted and repaired if needed. And that all drywall were without marks or damage. Well we tried anyway. There was so much work to be done for just three painters. We really needed 6 painters we always felt to maintain the facility in the way in which management wanted. – more... The stress was that there weren't enough house painters to do it all. And so we had to contract some of the painting out. You know, I learned that sometimes we have to Think Out Of The Box in order to get some things done. And then we're amazed and so gratified when we did.I had a really good relationship with management, they are a real good company to work for. Being the only woman on the team it was nice that my co-workers treated me with respect, and I also had a good relationship with them . Some of them I worked with for 11 years and we went through some storms together in the Engineering Dept. but we survived. I think the hardest part of the job for me was not being able to get everything done all the time because of our lack of staff in the painting department and that was a little frustrating. But, just imagine thousands of people coming in and out of your house day after day and you trying to keep up with the damage they do so that it can look close to as good as new as you can get. And the most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to stand back and look at some paint job I completed like a masterpiece and say " yeah, that looks good. " – less
Social events with their employees
BOMA Certified Building Engineer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 1, 2015
This company has the feel of a family environment. It gave social events to their employees and tenants, which was really generous.
Hines is an amazing company to work for!
Receptionist (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: education reimbursement, vacation time, etc.
If I wasn't looking for a job in another area for family/personal reasons I would definitely stay with Hines.
A Nice Place to Work
Tenant Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2014
Pros: good vacation benefits.
Cons: expected to work long hours when necessary
Hines is a great place to work but they can work you pretty hard.
Great Place to Work
Property Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 29, 2014
Little advancement, and compensation is fair. Training programs are excellent.
Professional Office with some fun
Management Assistant (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 21, 2014
A typical day would begin with opening mail, distributing where it goes. There are a variety of projects and items that are worked on throughout the day. It can get hectic with the phones, visitors and your daily work. Hardest part of the job is managing the different personalities you have in each supervisor.
I loved my boss at Hines but the other office members were not very friendly
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2014
I learned a lot about renting corporate space and construction of high rises
Favorite job ever had.
Building Engineer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2013
Best job I ever had great chance to grow with them stable and awesome experience.
it is great
Commercial Building Engineer (Current Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 24, 2013
Pros: wretweert55e
Cons: wet53t35t
its super great! what can i say!!!! i work and get paid! i go to work daily, and get paid weekly. i do work in exchange for money. paid in usd. straight to my checking account.
good place to work
Project Accountant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 20, 2013
Reviewed monthly general ledger accounting and account analysis to ensure accuracy and completeness, using Oracle and Yardi software. Reviewed monthly and quarterly operating reports for three commercial properties. Worked with straight line rent (FAS 13) schedules, deferred lease costs schedules, and depreciation schedules, G/L reconciliations, 1099’s, budgeting, and preparation of information for external audits. Assisted in supervision of property accountants.
Talented Individuals
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 9, 2013
Talented staff, work hard, long hours at times, learn a lot. Great product.
Nice place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 12, 2013
Nice work environment much room for growth as company is doing a lot of development
Nice environment
College Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 8, 2012
Everyone in the office was very welcoming and willing to help with any problems. I have never felt more welcomed and relaxed at a job before.