Hines Employee Reviews

Great work environments with good management and positive work place.
BOMA CERTIFIED ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, CAAugust 8, 2017
Hines is a great employer to work for. Had many challenges as the building operating engineer, but with great support and collaborative thinking from management.
Hines is a 21st century company
Information Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2017
Hines is a company which cares about its employees and their work life balance.Managers tend to be very in tune to the needs of each employee while getting maximum productivity from their employees.
Pros
Great snack room!
Cons
Long commute
A memorable military transition to the civilian world
Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2016
The transition back into the civilian world after 21 years of active duty naval service was met with great enthusiasm as a member of the Hine's Team.

After two and and a half years in the industry and a promotion within the first two, Hines at Chase Tower Dallas allowed me a better understanding of the industry as a building engineer and gave to me the opportunities to further build on my skills within the industry through resources such as BOMA and Hines Engineering Training Programs.
Pros
Benefits, salary, family friendly
Cons
Ownership transition, limited or no Hines employment oppurtunitiy in Dallas area
The operations model is the best in the business,.
Senior Engineer - Chase Tower - Rehired (Current Employee) –  2200 Ross Ave. Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2016
The Hines Engineering Standards are some of the most stringent and challenging however makes me the best Senior engineer I can be. It is a great measuring tool, once you work in a Hines building and know how it is supposed to be. Then you go to another building is not measured up to any standard -just keep it running - it makes me appreciate the "raising of the bar" standards.
Pros
Good managers, who treat you as family, good comraderie with the engineers
Cons
Hines is expanding all over the nation and the world, but not here in Dallas?No future in Dallas
Fabulous Experience
Senior Administrative Assistant/Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2016
Unfortunately, this company is no longer in business. The owner retired. We have a great client in the utility business and they kept us alive.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
No longer in business
Great company to work for
Operation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2016
Want a career change, there is a hiring freeze within the company or else I would have shifted into an administrative role.
Pros
Vacation and insurance
Cons
on call every other week
Productive Workplace
Engineer (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 21, 2016
In this position I learned to mulitask and supervise other employees, This position taught me leadership skills that I am very thankful to have learned.
Outstanding Business
Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 25, 2015
Outstanding Business environment and culture. Investment driven business. Seasoned professional with full range of management experience in sales and business operations with over 15 years of experience. Proficient in account management development, forecasting, analysis and profit and loss measurements. Self-directed and motivated professional with strong interpersonal communication skills, possessing the ability to coach and develop sales and customer service to annual sales/revenue quotas.
Strong closer of fortune 100 national accounts and small businesses
Pros
Outstanding Business
Cons
Awaiting investment income
Hines Is a Great company and it was a great experience
Engineer Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 16, 2015
The management knows their stuff about their buildings. Their system on keeping things in order is equally impressive. I learned a lot from them.
Good learning experience but little advancement opportunity
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2015
Great work life balance, working late hours is actually discouraged. If you're looking to advance your career in real estate into something like development, leasing, or asset management, Property Management is a great way to learn the operations but seems to offer little "bridge" opportunities into other areas of real estate.
Company cares about their clients
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2015
The company as a whole is a good place to work. They really care about the clients. They are constantly looking for innovative ways to provide high quality service to its clients. I really enjoyed my work and learned a lot while working there.

My experience while working there had to do the culture in management. It is not about what you accomplish or what you know but who you know. Your achievements are magnified or downplayed depending on if you are favored by the right person/people. If you are not favored no matter what you do it will be downplayed.
Pros
Bonus not only for managers. Compensation is good.
Cons
Inequality/favoritism
walking every 30 minutes
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  PRJuly 8, 2015
very hot days, learn how to protects others pers, management very good and always in good communication hardest part is work on double shifts and my enjoyable parts my days off
Pros
my own lunch
Cons
very good on break my own time
An amazing learning experience with great coworkers
Property Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 18, 2015
I was here as a temp through an agency and I learned a lot working for this company. The department that I worked for: the property management department was wonderful. You couldn't ask for a better group of professional and dedicated women to work for. They were supportive and walked me through everything I needed help on, because they knew it would help not just me but the company as well. If you have the opportunity to work here, especially as a property assistant, do it! The only reason I am not able to work here on a regular basis is that I am moving to the east coast. If that wasn't the case I'd be there with HINES for the long run.
Pros
Really wonderful people to work with. Fun event/cultural days!
Cons
The Ball Park was so huge that you could get excercise everyday with all the walking we did.
Engineering Department, Senior Painter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2015
There was so much to do at the ball park that we had to prioritize the work orders first. We checked for graffiti every day before a game and made sure it was removed and sometimes it couldn't be removed so we had to prime and paint. This mostly happened in the mens restroom on the stall walls. We made sure the stucco walls were painted and repaired if needed. And that all drywall were without marks or damage. Well we tried anyway. There was so much work to be done for just three painters. We really needed 6 painters we always felt to maintain the facility in the way in which management wanted. The stress was that there weren't enough house painters to do it all. And so we had to contract some of the painting out. You know, I learned that sometimes we have to Think Out Of The Box in order to get some things done. And then we're amazed and so gratified when we did.I had a really good relationship with management, they are a real good company to work for. Being the only woman on the team it was nice that my co-workers treated me with respect, and I also had a good relationship with them . Some of them I worked with for 11 years and we went through some storms together in the Engineering Dept. but we survived. I think the hardest part of the job for me was not being able to get everything done all the time because of our lack of staff in the painting department and that was a little frustrating. But, just imagine thousands of people coming in and out of your house day after day and you trying to keep up with the damage they do so that it can look close to as good as new as you  more... can get. And the most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to stand back and look at some paint job I completed like a masterpiece and say " yeah, that looks good. "  less
Pros
It was pretty cool when sometimes management let us work half day the day before a holiday.
Cons
It was a long ways to the inside of the BallPark to the Engineering Dept.
Social events with their employees
BOMA Certified Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 1, 2015
This company has the feel of a family environment. It gave social events to their employees and tenants, which was really generous.
Hines is an amazing company to work for!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 22, 2014
If I wasn't looking for a job in another area for family/personal reasons I would definitely stay with Hines.
Pros
Education Reimbursement, Vacation Time, etc.
A Nice Place to Work
Tenant Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2014
Hines is a great place to work but they can work you pretty hard.
Pros
Good vacation benefits.
Cons
expected to work long hours when necessary
Great Place to Work
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2014
Little advancement, and compensation is fair. Training programs are excellent.
Professional Office with some fun
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 21, 2014
A typical day would begin with opening mail, distributing where it goes. There are a variety of projects and items that are worked on throughout the day. It can get hectic with the phones, visitors and your daily work. Hardest part of the job is managing the different personalities you have in each supervisor.
I loved my boss at Hines but the other office members were not very friendly
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2014
I learned a lot about renting corporate space and construction of high rises