HIRE Counsel

HIRE Counsel Employee Reviews

Low stress, low pay, but okay.
ATTORNEY (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 30, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: redundant
So far, so good. I'm starting week 2 tomorrow for a project in Nashville. The pay is not great, but it will help you out of a bind and the hours are flexible (8am - 8pm, M-F; 10am - 6pm Sat & Sun). We are working in the UBS building downtown, which has good security. The office is clean and well-maintained. There is plenty of coffee (Keurigs in the break room) and supplies. The floor is quiet and comfortable. The project managers are professional and friendly. There is occasional system downtime due to system overload, but that's apparently to be expected, and you are still on the clock while they get it back up and running. There is no overtime for attorneys if you work more than 40 hours/week. There is an emphasis on volume; but from what I'm told, they only keep you on for later phases of a project based on your accuracy level in coding the documents. Overall, not a bad gig for a few days or weeks. If you are someone with a short attention span, or basically cannot sit and stare at a computer for at least 8 hours solid, this will drive you up the wall.
Nice
Contract Attorney (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 29, 2014
It was a nice job and it paid the bills, work not always stable.
Decent place to work
Contract Attorney (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2014
It is a pleasure to go to work every day. You deal with a lot of different areas of litigation and never have to take work home with you. The balance of work/life is pretty decent.
Hire Counsel is out of touch with reality
Attorney (Former Employee), Southern CaliforniaAugust 20, 2014
Cons: everything
I don't have anything critical about the companies Hire Counsel represents, it's Hire Counsel's way of doing business. They insist on people coming in to meet them personally. I've worked with recruiters before who have gotten me permanent jobs and never had to meet personally. Where I live Hire Counsel is 50 miles away in traffic so a big deal to get to. I saw a job in my town and applied, and they insisted on my coming up to meet them, I told them I did this a couple years earlier but they would not accept that and I decided just not worth the bother. I just saw the same ad for the company near me. I guess they are not filling the position quickly which is a shame because I am perfect for it. I won't use them again.
Employment
Contract Attorney (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 16, 2014
A typical day at work is reviewing documents
I learned proficiency in both Relativity and DocuMatrix reviewing softwares
My co-workers pretty much stick to themselves and there isn't very much employee-to-employee interaction
the hardest part of the job is the long hours
the most enjoyable part of the job is the end of the work day
document review attorney
Document Review Attorney (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 16, 2013
Pros: pleasant work environment
Cons: it is ok.
document review attorney for litigation support for various law firms.
flexible work schedule, great location, liberal environment
Contract Attorney (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: liberal atmosphere, great compensation
Cons: no job security, no separate kitchen
Very flexible work schedule and great location of the office.
Nice people to work with and liberal atmosphere
Great Assignment
E-discovery attorney (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 26, 2013
One of the best job experiences I have had. Professional and collegial.