Hirschbach Motor Lines Employee Reviews in United States

Dog eat Dog
Tech 1 Preventive Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mableton, GAJune 30, 2016
I worked here and immediately realized that no one works hard to look good. There is a lot of favoritism and mud slinging that went on. No one was safe from being thrown under a bus. Someone always had something negative to say about everyone. Too much free time created drama amongst men. Management was wishy washy will tell you that you are doing great one week then write you up the next. The hardest part of the job was coming into work and immediately finding work to do because you had to figure out what work was done. Actually doing my job was the best part of working here.
Pros
$5 weekend incentive
Cons
short breaks, drama
Workplace Bullies, smile on your face stab you in the back.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 27, 2016
No communication, from the support staff to drivers. Unless they want to tell you what your doing wrong. Nasty backstabbing if you dare to complain about anything. My DM was incompetent and I swear bipolar. They talk a lot about safety and caring about drivers, but the loads are really number one concern. You better get those loads there on time or else, it's a service failed and reason to fire you, it's all about business though right. My truck was broke down 5 times in 4 months. They will short you check every chance they get. No detention pay no layover pay is payed unless you stay on them. Trucks are governed at 61 miles per hr.
Pros
Pets allowed, good pay, trucks are automatics and have direct tv siruisxm radio refrigerators inverters, apu units. Customers, shop personal are great.
Cons
No clear policies are told to new drivers, DM and planners operations are incompent bullies, dont expect to be cared about by them.
not my type of place
Service Manger (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAApril 9, 2016
ok company but they want you to do what they say no matter if right or wrong. won't listen to you even if you have constructive things to say
Running otr
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  NebraskaFebruary 23, 2016
money wasn't bad, but communication was awful. I ran OTR as an owner/Lease purchase, making good money, but work has fallen off dramatically.
Great place to work/ room for advancement
service Representative (Current Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoyed it. They are a growing company and I see good things happening. You do work a lot of hours though. Everyone is very friendly and great to get along with.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
10 hour work day
growing company
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNOctober 15, 2015
They are a good company, growing by leaps and bounds. Improving the terminals, using all new equipment and top technology. They are striving to be the best I the business.
Great place to work and for great people
Dedicated and Regional Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILSeptember 2, 2015
Plan and dispatch trucks dedicated to certain accounts. I've learned how to deal with the many different personalities that people have and how to deal with a stressful situation. The co- workers at Hirschbach are very enjoyable to be around
Pros
they work around personal things that come up
Cons
work an average of 50 hours a week
Loved driving for Hirschbach
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILSeptember 1, 2015
Loved working for Hirschbach. Typical day was like any other day driving truck. I would get up, check in with dispatch, let them know how things were going and if I was going to be on time or late for pick up or delivery. They only time they ever questioned anything was if they thought I had miscalculated how long it was going to take to get where I was going.
Maintenance department was outstanding, if they couldn't get the truck fixed right away, they were not afraid to put you in another truck so you could get back out on the road earning money.
Everyone in the office from safety, dispatch, management, other drivers, shop workers, down to the cleaning lady was great to work with. Always friendly, always willing to help or answer a question if you had one.
Pros
Friendly people to work with, driver's lounge with free laundry, shower, cable tv.
good otr job
OTR Truck Diver (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque IlApril 1, 2015
It was a good company to work for, but like any truck driving job your never home. Good pay and benefits. The dispatcher I had was the best one they had but he left a year after I was there.
Pros
friendly people good benefits
Cons
never home
Significant growth, without sufficient personal and infrastructure.
Service Writer (Current Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILMarch 30, 2015
So much potential but have not learned from past mistakes in regards to growth of business and number of employees in direct reflection to amount incoming work and infrastructure/building.
ok
truck driver class A (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILJanuary 22, 2015
this company was ok but they should of explained more of there policies and what they expected there drivers to do. I feel that this would of been very helpful for a driver because if you don't know what they expect of you how can you do it.
Cons
ok
dont work here
Shag Driver (Former Employee) –  east dubuque ilNovember 15, 2014
no communication no one can help you with any question you may have they do not give the raises they promise all in all will not work there again
joke
lead diesel technician (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILOctober 27, 2014
management or lack of has no direction, a work week to them is 55 plus hrs expect to have mandatory weekends, fire the best employees and keep the worst,,, dont challenge them or you will be fired, has high school kids working on your truck,, no one knows what they are doing
Pros
like to waste money
Cons
benifits suck, change your pay scale if you make to much
Many people are being fired or are leaving after working there 20 years
Breakdowns Coordinator (Former Employee) –  ILOctober 22, 2014
Many people are being fired or are leaving after working there 20 years
Pros
free lunches, activities, etc
Cons
disorganized managent
The opportunity to travel the country
CDL-A Over the road driver (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILOctober 9, 2014
The company has up to date equipment. New tractors and new trailers. The logistics of the company needs work. I averaged 3200 miles a week during my first few months. New dispatchers were hired and my mileage paid the price.
Pros
amazing equipment.
Cons
not enough miles.
Great Company
Driver (Current Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILJanuary 8, 2014
I enjoy driving and to me it's like second nature,I like to travel the states and enjoy the view of this great country,at time it can get lonely when your not there with family and friends.
Enjoyable lifestyle can be had at Hirschbach.
Driver (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILOctober 17, 2013
As a driver; they maintain their vehicles and are able to get their drivers home on a regular basis. The hardest part of the job was the things I couldn't control, ie.. weather, construction. The best part of the job is seeing all the country from the seat of a big truck. The co-workers were personable and friendly. Management was there when you needed them, but let you freely get your work done. I learned most things can be worked through if everyone communicates.
Pros
freedom to do your job the best way you can.
Cons
certain policies that pertain to pay/taxes, cut my income.
N/a
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILSeptember 3, 2013
Good company to go to if u live in the northern part of u.S. Over the road.
A lot of time spent away from home, missing seeing my children grow up and very, very long hours.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILMay 17, 2013
The toughest part of being a truck driver was remaining compliant with the Federal Motor Carriers Hours of Service Rules and Regulations when encountering delays at shippers, receivers, delays due to equipment breakdown, inclement weather and or traffic conditions.
not a fun place to work
OTR Semi Driver, Hauled (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEMarch 3, 2013
Could never get ahold ofanyone if there was a problem. Was not given the promised .99cents for fuel. Ended up paying the company instead of receiving pay.

2.9