Hirschbach Motor Lines Employee Reviews

excellent company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILJune 27, 2017
Hirschbach is by far the best company that has worked for me. I am no longer with them due to a family emergency that made me come off the road.They helped me when I came off the road for 3 weeks by loaning me 2500 dollars no questions asked so I could cover my bills and travel expenses to and from my home in dallas to the hospital in little rock. Highly recommend this company.
Pros
great company overall
Cons
not enough home time
HB now installing cameras inside the tractor
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  E.dubuque il.June 21, 2017
Very stressful especially if your on dedicated runs Management often sides with the customer even if there is foul play going on. I was told by management that all trucks will have cameras inside the tractors facing the road and driver by 2018 No cooperation with on time deliveries even if it's not your fault. Very disfunctional operation and driver mgrs. With little to no help on nights and weekends because they are afraid they will get in trouble if necessary changes were made to your trip. You might as well call yourself an independent trucker after the first 2 months until safety or the DMs want to discipline you.
Pros
Fairly new tractors very few new trailers
Cons
Camera in truck or soon after hire and worthless DMs / managers
Reap off
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAMay 17, 2017
Hirschbach is one of the worst company I every worked for managed act like they don't know what there doing don't get paid for sitting and you will do that a lot
Pros
Cons
Lease purcahase is a reap off
Wasnt there really long enough to know
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  South Sioux City, NEApril 26, 2017
I wasn't there very long to get into a stable postition to make a real review
I don't really remember but all I do know it was a ok job didn't meet anyone there
daily duties
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job is the driving. I love to travel and this job allows me to do this. there is nothing like being able to just take off and go. In this job i have learned the value of patience and responsibility. The only issue i had with this company was communication between driver and DM. Other then that the job is a dream
Pros
Good miles and dpay
Cons
communication and Lease Only.
Fast pace with fair wages
Breakdown Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILOctober 3, 2016
Hirschbach is growing too fast to keep up with their drivers. Too many employees forget their job is to keep the drivers happy. One driver is no more important then a new one with no idea how to drive a semi. As a breakdown coordinator, their equipment is inferior and they hire drivers who can't even back a trailer. Made for a difficult job when you have a driver who doesn't know where their anti-freeze reservoir is or how to air up a tire.

I worked 12 hour days, 7 days a week. It was too many hours and no support from my supervisor if there was a problem. They work you too hard and expect no mistakes.
Dog eat Dog
Tech 1 Preventive Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mableton, GAJune 30, 2016
I worked here and immediately realized that no one works hard to look good. There is a lot of favoritism and mud slinging that went on. No one was safe from being thrown under a bus. Someone always had something negative to say about everyone. Too much free time created drama amongst men. Management was wishy washy will tell you that you are doing great one week then write you up the next. The hardest part of the job was coming into work and immediately finding work to do because you had to figure out what work was done. Actually doing my job was the best part of working here.
Pros
$5 weekend incentive
Cons
short breaks, drama
Workplace Bullies, smile on your face stab you in the back.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJune 27, 2016
No communication, from the support staff to drivers. Unless they want to tell you what your doing wrong. Nasty backstabbing if you dare to complain about anything. My DM was incompetent and I swear bipolar. They talk a lot about safety and caring about drivers, but the loads are really number one concern. You better get those loads there on time or else, it's a service failed and reason to fire you, it's all about business though right. My truck was broke down 5 times in 4 months. They will short you check every chance they get. No detention pay no layover pay is payed unless you stay on them. Trucks are governed at 61 miles per hr.
Pros
Pets allowed, good pay, trucks are automatics and have direct tv siruisxm radio refrigerators inverters, apu units. Customers, shop personal are great.
Cons
No clear policies are told to new drivers, DM and planners operations are incompent bullies, dont expect to be cared about by them.
You want to be the best company?
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 14, 2016
In order for anyone to be the best you must listen to the drivers, especially ones that have education. Certifications mean that a driver either A was made to do them or if they have many, B they have certifications on their own free time. The staff is friendly
Pros
pays really well
Cons
right hand left hand no hand
not my type of place
Service Manger (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAApril 9, 2016
ok company but they want you to do what they say no matter if right or wrong. won't listen to you even if you have constructive things to say

Want to know more about Hirschbach Motor Lines?

Ask a question
Running otr
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  NebraskaFebruary 23, 2016
money wasn't bad, but communication was awful. I ran OTR as an owner/Lease purchase, making good money, but work has fallen off dramatically.
Great place to work/ room for advancement
service Representative (Current Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoyed it. They are a growing company and I see good things happening. You do work a lot of hours though. Everyone is very friendly and great to get along with.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
10 hour work day
growing company
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNOctober 15, 2015
They are a good company, growing by leaps and bounds. Improving the terminals, using all new equipment and top technology. They are striving to be the best I the business.
Great place to work and for great people
Dedicated and Regional Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILSeptember 2, 2015
Plan and dispatch trucks dedicated to certain accounts. I've learned how to deal with the many different personalities that people have and how to deal with a stressful situation. The co- workers at Hirschbach are very enjoyable to be around
Pros
they work around personal things that come up
Cons
work an average of 50 hours a week
Loved driving for Hirschbach
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILSeptember 1, 2015
Loved working for Hirschbach. Typical day was like any other day driving truck. I would get up, check in with dispatch, let them know how things were going and if I was going to be on time or late for pick up or delivery. They only time they ever questioned anything was if they thought I had miscalculated how long it was going to take to get where I was going.
Maintenance department was outstanding, if they couldn't get the truck fixed right away, they were not afraid to put you in another truck so you could get back out on the road earning money.
Everyone in the office from safety, dispatch, management, other drivers, shop workers, down to the cleaning lady was great to work with. Always friendly, always willing to help or answer a question if you had one.
Pros
Friendly people to work with, driver's lounge with free laundry, shower, cable tv.
good otr job
OTR Truck Diver (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque IlApril 1, 2015
It was a good company to work for, but like any truck driving job your never home. Good pay and benefits. The dispatcher I had was the best one they had but he left a year after I was there.
Pros
friendly people good benefits
Cons
never home
Significant growth, without sufficient personal and infrastructure.
Service Writer (Current Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILMarch 30, 2015
So much potential but have not learned from past mistakes in regards to growth of business and number of employees in direct reflection to amount incoming work and infrastructure/building.
ok
truck driver class A (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILJanuary 22, 2015
this company was ok but they should of explained more of there policies and what they expected there drivers to do. I feel that this would of been very helpful for a driver because if you don't know what they expect of you how can you do it.
Pros
Cons
ok
dont work here
Shag Driver (Former Employee) –  east dubuque ilNovember 15, 2014
no communication no one can help you with any question you may have they do not give the raises they promise all in all will not work there again
joke
lead diesel technician (Former Employee) –  East Dubuque, ILOctober 27, 2014
management or lack of has no direction, a work week to them is 55 plus hrs expect to have mandatory weekends, fire the best employees and keep the worst,,, dont challenge them or you will be fired, has high school kids working on your truck,, no one knows what they are doing
Pros
like to waste money
Cons
benifits suck, change your pay scale if you make to much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hirschbach Motor Lines. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6