Who We Are/What We Do
Founded in 1975, the Hispanic Scholarship Fund provides scholarships to Latino students, as well as related support services. HSF seeks to give students all the tools they need to apply to college, do well in their course work, graduate, enter a profession, excel, help lead our nation going forward, and mentor the generations to come. As the nation’s largest not-for-profit organization supporting Hispanic American higher education, the Fund has awarded over $430 million in scholarships and provides a range of ancillary programs for students, HSF Scholars, and their families. HSF further strives to make college education a top priority for every Latino family across the nation, mobilizing our community to proactively advance that goal – each individual, over a lifetime, in every way he/she can. For more information about the Hispanic Scholarship Fund please visit: HSF.net.
The Business Intelligence & Reporting Analyst is responsible for developing, improving, and maintaining a proactive business analytics function, focused on improving and implementing strategies, to create a scalable infrastructure for data management, reporting, and analysis. This includes managing people, processes, and data gathering, as well as output of materials necessary to create accurate reports, daily operational work flow, analysis, modeling, and forecasting, and making actionable recommendations. Primary responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Analyze productivity metrics to present key findings that will support upper management decision making around business needs and company investments
- Prepare and present key strategic and day- to-day operational analytics to both managerial and business partners to drive needed changes in behaviors, metrics, and performance
- Evaluate large and diverse data sets and dive into new types of data and data sources to determine patterns and develop insights to answer business questions; synthesize the data into meaningful metrics and numbers; generate automated reports, and gather and document detailed analytics. Communicate resulting insights to management, with enthusiasm
- Perform root cause analysis and assist in planning course corrections with business areas, as indicated by resulting trends
- Aggregate and provide the data and analytics portion of HSF’s donor reports
- Maintain cross-functional information integrity by designing and developing BI dashboards, scorecards, charts/graphs, spotlights, and dynamic reports to meet business needs
- Support or direct the creation, maintenance, control, and continuous improvement of reporting, tracking, communication, and record-keeping systems and processes
- Be experienced in key areas, such as salesforce.com, data warehouse, reporting, analytic, scorecards, and key performance indicators
- Prepare and lead communication of performance information and analytics for Senior Management, as requested.
- Produce Ad Hoc reporting, as needed
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and take on increasing levels of responsibility
- Participate in assessing, cataloging and developing key performance metrics and reporting - both for executive management and end user self-service, including, documenting supporting business requirements, data models, and salesforce.com management. Work with management to visualize analytics and develop online KPI dashboards, while ensuring that all metrics are measured properly, according to goals
- Work with business areas to design, build, enhance, and deliver data analytic dashboards and reports supporting multiple business units
- Assist with designing and implementing Business Intelligence Architecture, including SFDC enhancements/upgrades
- Assist with designing and implementing Business Intelligence Architecture for HSF’s new Enterprise Performance Management System
Must have worked in an environment with various data sources, such as Sales Force, MySQL databases, and data stored in Excel, as well as with various degrees of data quality – from clean to data with low integrity. Ideal candidate can adapt within a rapidly changing and evolving data environment. Must possess the knowledge to develop and launch an Enterprise Data Warehouse and reporting tool across Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Operations, with support from a dedicated project team. More specifically, this position requires:
- BS degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Finance, Statistics, Accounting, Business. Operations or other associated discipline.
- 5+ years of business analysis experience reporting and analyzing large data sets
- 5+ years' experience designing, developing and implementing Business Intelligence solutions
- 5+ years of experience in Business Reporting and Analytical roles; proficiency in SQL, Excel, MS Access, etc.
- 5+ years in salesforce.com business analyst reporting & configuration experience.
- 5+ years of experience reporting and analyzing large data sets.
- 3+ years of experience with Data Warehousing methodologies and tools.
- Experience in project lifecycle and change management process.
- Experience authoring and modifying reports/dashboards reports in Salesforce.com, Crystal/Business Objects or equivalent BI toolset
- Experience with Tableau or other visualization software
- Salesforce.com certification such as ADM201 or ADM301 or other SFDC certification.
- Knowledge of OLAP Components
- Strong Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience in administering Salesforce.com.
- Extensive experience with SQL (or other database query language) and Microsoft Access, with the ability to write and perform queries and analyze data.
- Comfortable working with business users and presenting to management
- Ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills. Clear communication in charts, text, PowerPoint and oral presentations
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple time-lines and priorities.
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities related to financial and operational process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to handle large and complex databases
- Willingness to learn new business processes and technologies in order to use them to assist in analysis
- The ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment
- Experience in quickly analyzing data/situations to draw relevant conclusions to positively impact business in a complex environment
- Experience in leveraging analytical work into action-oriented reporting and action plan
- Ability to maximize technology expertise to deliver re-usable and scalable business process enhancements
- Excellent analytical and design skills, including skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation.
- Experience in utilizing complex mathematical models to manipulate data in order to enhance the strategy that drives business decisions.
To Apply: email resume, portfolio/work samples, references & cover letter
Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 30+ days ago
copy to clipboard