Greenhouse Assistant at the Lyman Estate Greenhouses in Waltham, MA
Part-time, Year-round, Saturday and Sunday, one day during week
Promotes and conducts sales of plants, merchandise and memberships to meet established goals. Assists in the maintenance and interpretation of the historic plant collection and greenhouse.
- Promotes and sells plants, merchandise and memberships to visitors. Meets established sales goals.
- Assists with greenhouse events.
- Cares for plants; including watering, cleaning, pruning, re-potting, and removing pests.
- Propagates plants; including seeding, nurturing cuttings, and transplanting.
- Maintains greenhouse; including cleaning, operating vents, and maintaining equipment.
- Maintains nursery; including planting, mulching, weeding and watering.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applicants must have:
One year of retail sales experience
Basic word processing skills and the ability to operate computerized POS equipment.
Nursery or greenhouse sales and operational experience
Excellent communication skills
Strong attention to detail
Ability to work in all weather conditions and lift 40lbs
Two or Four year degree in Horticulture or similar area of study is preferred.
Please send resume and cover letter to lackerman(at)historicnewengland.org