Hit Promotional Products Employee Reviews

clean enviroment temp work only
packer (Former Employee) –  largo flDecember 26, 2015
temp work only poor small window for full time work. lots of Spanish only speaking co workers hard to communicate with them.
Pros
no benifits
Cons
temp work laid off at xmass time
Use you to the max
Shipping / Samples (Former Employee) –  Largo , flJuly 17, 2015
Most likely to temp- to hire you ( temporary job) during Feb - May when is busy season for them and once the pace gets slower you are disposable. A lot of cursing and it's who likes you not how hard you work. No advancement, no benefits and just you know if you get injured and you decide to seek medical care - FIRED on the spot. A co-worker of mine got injured and was told to not make a big deal of it , even though her leg was cut by a broken mug and bleeding .
Pros
paycheck each week
Cons
Cursing, you are disposable to them, most likely you would sleep in whole weekend because they work you to death
Great coworkers
Accounts Receivable Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Largo, FL 33777February 27, 2016
My experience here at Hit Promotional has been an excellent one. I am glad that I made my change with this current employer. I currently work in the Credit Department and I can assure you I would not trade it for any other position unless it was in the same department. I have an outstanding and knowledgeable supervisor and respectable Credit Manager. Two awesome females who are a great asset to this company in general.
Pros
Lots of overtime when in busy season.
Cons
No employee activities in the workplace. Small indoor lunch area for the amount of employees.
3 days only
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 22, 2016
No trainee available, they just toss you over the telephone and expect from you to handle what you haven't been informed at all....weird.
I was so disappointing...can't believe there's no trainee available. It makes no sense at all. I really wanted that job.
Cons
productive and i learned a lot about shipping and receiving
Supervisor/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 15, 2016
Go to my area and label the packing materials to make sure the unpacked products were easier to find so that the materials could be printed on and shipped to the customers in order by the dates.
Productive and unenjoyable experience
Proofreader (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 14, 2014
I go to work, start my computer, grab my work, begin set up of the computer (open up all resources to complete each task). I'm in my cubical and work. I go and return from breaks/lunch in a timely manner. I enjoy the work I do. I love working with art and proofreading making sure all details are correct. The hardest part of my job is getting along with rude co-workers. I have learned to use adobe illustrator and up my knowledge of Microsoft Outlook. This company has several buildings and some buildings are run better than others. The first building I worked at management was awesome then I transferred to another building in order to help out. The building I transferred to had no form of management in my department. My performance and and well being has declined due to hostile work environment. They have had several people come and go for the management of the department I work in. I am dissatisfied with this company and wish to move on.
Pros
health benefits and paid holidays, vacation time, gift cards during holidays
Cons
short breaks and lack of management
Decent but not without problems
Proofer (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 19, 2015
My position at this company was as a Proofer through a temp agency. The department managers were friendly and approachable. General management office staff acted like they were superior to everyone else, and were little more than cordial to non-management employees. Daily required quotas were also considerably higher than similar positions at similar companies, which added questions about job security. I never truly felt secure in my position, and I and 100+ other employees were eventually laid off because management wanted a reduction in staff.
Pros
Air conditioning; Cool items and artwork
Cons
Management's attitude towards production room staff
productive environment
art team member (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 22, 2015
HIT Promotional is a great place to work. It's a busy fast paced production environment in one of the top leading promotional manufacturing companies. The work day goes by fast because of how busy it is. I have learned a lot about working with a diverse team. Management does their best to work with you and your schedule and to keep you updated on changes. They keep you motivated.
god old boy sweatshop
Suppervisor (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 8, 2012
no job security, Day shift manager is the worst night mare, he messes up jobs & fires others as a escape goat.
Pros
lots of over time
Cons
no raises
Fast paced, fast growth company
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 17, 2012
Hit is a fast growing company with many benefits & opportunites.
Horrible, unprofessional work environment
current employee (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 23, 2014
Family owned and very dysfunctional. Very unprofessional, hostile environment.

Co-workers are cursing at one another, at customers and at their managers (but to be fair...management yells and screams and curses at you too).

Few members of management are truly qualified - education, knowledge or experience. Very hostile environment. This place is a joke.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
unprofessional, no growth, management is not qualified
Treat Employees Like Dirt
Former employee (Current Employee) –  Largo FloridaDecember 4, 2012
This company likes to exercise their Employment at will policy , they could care less about peoples feelings or situations . Fire people for anything. they Hire Alien residents , cater to them and discriminated against the rest. ( who Knows If they are really legally here) Management is a joke!! All they care about is My Money!! Customer service Manager is Two Faced and back stabbing, Manager caters towards female employees and reduces their Hours temporalily so they can collect Food Stamps and medicaid. At tax payers expense. Overtime gets cut During Oct , however people in the credit dept clock out to get thier lunch clock in when they reach the building and eat their lunch on company time!! . This company has two many double standards ... Stay away from them..
Pros
paid holidays vacation time.
Cons
healthcare and two faced management
horable managment
Artist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Largo FloridaFebruary 18, 2014
Nothing like getting paid very very little and taken for granted everyday. Especially when your immediate supervisor never comes in to work and when they do you hear about the new employee they are sleeping with. Getting yelled at because of someone else's incompetency. Told your nothing and then get yelled at again when you start seeking employment else where. If you were such a kink in their chain to begin with then you would think they wouldn't threaten you after you left. I received several threats by management after I left saying they are going to try to ruin my reputation.
Pros
it's a pay check
Cons
everything
creative work envirment.
donation department supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 28, 2015
My job involved working hand in hand with charities which has always been a big part of my life.

inspecting items to be donated,

no support from management to improve the donation department
Pros
Good health care
Cons
No advantagement
slave drivers
shipping (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 3, 2015
Know matter how hard you work its never good enough.They don't promoto within the company. Always expect the same people to work overtime. Use you for as long as they need you and then dispose of you like you are trash.
awesome co workers...management needs improving
Data Entry Clerk/Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 3, 2015
I enjoyed my job and my co-workers. Management needs improving. Training needs to be longer than 4 hours. Some policies are unreasonable.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Productive and Hard Worker
Sales (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 28, 2012
Typical day starts around 7 am and can end anywhere between 5-7 pm. Management is poor and has little to no values. Some co-workers are just lazy and do not want to take responsiblity for their own acctions. Hardest part of the job is dealing with people that have no work ethic nor understand that their actions are their responsbility alone.
Quiet environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 8, 2013
A typical day at work with no social conversation allow.
Learned new advertisement techniques.
Management was overly controlling.
Couldn't speak with co-workers and most of them didn't know what was going on.
Hardest part of the job was being overly quiet.
Pizza days was the enjoyable part of the job.
Fast paced enviornment
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 4, 2013
When you walk your busy typing the first few hours entering orders and answering email. If you have a complaint the managers are not equipped to answer you or figure out any of the problems.
The Co-workers are a like children and must be refocused constantly by a supervisor. In all the company moral is low but the good part of the job is that your not micro managed and as long you complete the work your time goes smoothly.
over time
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 13, 2013
Work hard, lots of overtime.
Day shift manager is to be avoided, creates hostal enviroment,
chases skirts.
Pros
good money
Cons
avoid day shift manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hit Promotional Products. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7