Hit Promotional Products Employee Reviews

productive
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 4, 2017
Work with different people. I worked as a stocker and it went well. nothing so difficult. enjoy working there and had great management. Good place to work.
Pros
good hours
benefits
busy work place with lots of help from management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 7, 2017
I loved working at Hit. The only reason I left was because I got married and had to move out of the city. If I had a chance to work there again I would.
Pros
great benefits!
Cons
always busy
standard warehouse
Forklift Operator, order picker lift operator (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 2, 2017
it was a typical warehouse environment. Fast paced, heavy volume organization. Slightly unorganized and some of the management could use a people skills education.
Pros
close to home, regular hours
Cons
unorganized
was ok, great company
printer (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 31, 2017
I printed around 2000 pieces per shift and they value me for that. They gave a lot of overtime because of that. quality was a primary goal and I accomplished it
Pros
over time every week
Cons
no microwaves to so many people at lunch break
It was hard to advance
WAREHOUSE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 26, 2017
You work hard, for barely any pay. When promotions came up they give it to the laziest people. If you took vacation it would be backlash from it.
It was a good experience
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 24, 2017
It was an interesting working place learn new things like working with other people and interact with different kind of personalities to come together as one
It was a good experince
Packing (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 28, 2016
I learn how to associate/ interact with other people to work together and help each other complete the job or get the job done, they teach you how to operate the machines and everything you need to know about the machines before you use them on your own.
Excellent Opportunity
Overseas Department (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 6, 2016
I have been with Hit for ten years in many different positions growing more in my work experience in each aspect. I firmly believe that you get what you give in any workplace. You create your own self satisfaction, or demise. My hard work and loyalty doesn't go un-noticed by management or the owners of Hit Promotional Products.
You are paid to do your job and if you aren't doing your job than you need to move on. This is a very fast paced environment.

I feel fortunate to be with this fast growing company and have had the opportunity to watch Hit grow and stay above the competition.

I respect the long hours and dedication this family has put into their company to become successful. They have set a high standard of excellence.

So if you can't find this within yourself, you need to look elsewhere. I've seen many people who come and go thinking the grass is greener on the other side, only to beg to come back to Hit.

Everything in your life depends on YOU and the attitude, drive, and ambition you bring with it.

Personally I look forward to the next ten years at Hit Promotional Products.
Pros
Fast growing, state of the art company.
Repetitive & fast pace.
Rush Proofreader (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 1, 2016
Review & sign off on orders before production.
Learned to work in office environment.
Management is laid back.
Nice co-workers.
Hard to deal with orders that came back from the floor and credits.
Most enjoyable part of the job is you can use your headphones to listen to music while working.
Pros
Headphones, Ac, & nice co- workers
Cons
10 min breaks
3 days only
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 22, 2016
No trainee available, they just toss you over the telephone and expect from you to handle what you haven't been informed at all....weird.
I was so disappointing...can't believe there's no trainee available. It makes no sense at all. I really wanted that job.
Cons
productive and i learned a lot about shipping and receiving
Supervisor/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 15, 2016
Go to my area and label the packing materials to make sure the unpacked products were easier to find so that the materials could be printed on and shipped to the customers in order by the dates.
Great coworkers
Accounts Receivable Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Largo, FL 33777February 27, 2016
My experience here at Hit Promotional has been an excellent one. I am glad that I made my change with this current employer. I currently work in the Credit Department and I can assure you I would not trade it for any other position unless it was in the same department. I have an outstanding and knowledgeable supervisor and respectable Credit Manager. Two awesome females who are a great asset to this company in general.
Pros
Lots of overtime when in busy season.
Cons
No employee activities in the workplace. Small indoor lunch area for the amount of employees.
clean enviroment temp work only
packer (Former Employee) –  largo flDecember 26, 2015
temp work only poor small window for full time work. lots of Spanish only speaking co workers hard to communicate with them.
Pros
no benifits
Cons
temp work laid off at xmass time
I mixed bag
Art Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 28, 2015
A typical day of work was a lot of monotonous chaos simply because they have no training programs in place to establish success from within. In my honest opinion I think management could have done a better job in putting the right people in the right places. A lot of good hard workers go unnoticed while others who don't work as hard were rewarded. It was quite odd. There was hardly ever a pat on the back for the good job you do but you always got ripped into if you did something wrong. I don't find that to be an encouraging method of keeping high morale or inspiring people to want to give their all. High turnover rate of employees isn't by accident. The hardest part of my job was having to bite my tongue when I witnessed this type of management. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a lot of great people and helping others to be successful.
Pros
I can't really think of any
Cons
No reward for hard work. Small to no raises. Poor management relations
productive environment
art team member (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 22, 2015
HIT Promotional is a great place to work. It's a busy fast paced production environment in one of the top leading promotional manufacturing companies. The work day goes by fast because of how busy it is. I have learned a lot about working with a diverse team. Management does their best to work with you and your schedule and to keep you updated on changes. They keep you motivated.
Decent but not without problems
Proofer (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 19, 2015
My position at this company was as a Proofer through a temp agency. The department managers were friendly and approachable. General management office staff acted like they were superior to everyone else, and were little more than cordial to non-management employees. Daily required quotas were also considerably higher than similar positions at similar companies, which added questions about job security. I never truly felt secure in my position, and I and 100+ other employees were eventually laid off because management wanted a reduction in staff.
Pros
Air conditioning; Cool items and artwork
Cons
Management's attitude towards production room staff
Use you to the max
Shipping / Samples (Former Employee) –  Largo , flJuly 17, 2015
Most likely to temp- to hire you ( temporary job) during Feb - May when is busy season for them and once the pace gets slower you are disposable. A lot of cursing and it's who likes you not how hard you work. No advancement, no benefits and just you know if you get injured and you decide to seek medical care - FIRED on the spot. A co-worker of mine got injured and was told to not make a big deal of it , even though her leg was cut by a broken mug and bleeding .
Pros
paycheck each week
Cons
Cursing, you are disposable to them, most likely you would sleep in whole weekend because they work you to death
slave drivers
shipping (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 3, 2015
Know matter how hard you work its never good enough.They don't promoto within the company. Always expect the same people to work overtime. Use you for as long as they need you and then dispose of you like you are trash.
creative work envirment.
donation department supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 28, 2015
My job involved working hand in hand with charities which has always been a big part of my life.

inspecting items to be donated,

no support from management to improve the donation department
Pros
Good health care
Cons
No advantagement
awesome co workers...management needs improving
Data Entry Clerk/Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 3, 2015
I enjoyed my job and my co-workers. Management needs improving. Training needs to be longer than 4 hours. Some policies are unreasonable.
Pros
Co-workers