Hitachi Consulting Employee Reviews

Mid Size Technology Consulting Firm
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2017
The firm is a mid size consulting firm that has a hard time getting consistent deals. it's ideal if you are technical and not a business analyst to join the firm
Great company with great workforce
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 20, 2017
Hitachi Consulting has a great work environment. I thoroughly enjoyed working with my colleagues. They are a great company to work with.
IT Specialist Level III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Hitachi is a positive place to work. Great benefits. The group I work for has been around many years and all the people in it. There is no chance to advance.
Benefits
Cons
No working from home and no chance to grow.
Good company
Senior IBM PureApp Migration Architect (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2017
Good company to work for with challenging work to be done at interesting projects with good teams that interact well with each other for a successful project.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Good company
Decent Job - I would recommend them
Senior Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2016
Pros:
You change projects frequently (yearly?) so you never get bored or stale
Frequent breaks between projects

Cons:
You are judged primarily on how many hours you bill in a given year - if you are not on a project for a period of time you will not get a favorable review
You have little to no control over being placed on a project
Travel is just part of the job
Customer satisfaction is a very small part of your rating

My pay was average to below average

Pay increases were few and far between
Balanced Lifestyle for Consulting
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2016
Overall, provides a balanced work/life culture. People are very nice. Future vision is up in the "air" and career paths are not defined. In addition, I do not believe their pay is competitive with the market.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Pay
Best Work environment provided
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra PradeshOctober 5, 2016
Since joining Hitachi Consulting, my journey of acquiring knowledge has gathered great momentum. Working in Hitachi completely transformed my life, i did rigorous training in Oracle tech apps and various big data technologies.
Apart from it's good training curriculum, Hitachi has a very friendly work environment where anyone can thrive. I always consider myself to be fortunate enough being a part of Hitachi Consulting. Moreover there was no communication gap, be it in the case of a fresher and the higher management.
And i got to learn a great deal of things working in a crucial project.
Pros
Trainings, Team outings, Annual celebrations
It is a world class professional company provides lots of opportunities for employee to grow.
Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2016
Work culture at Hitachi is very professional. It is great place to be for fresh out of college graduates to learn about business life. Hitachi provides lots opportunities for employees to balance family life, social life and work life. it is great place to be at to develop carrier.
Good exposure to a variety of industries and problems to solve
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 13, 2016
Hitachi needs to change their review process. When a person is reviewed by people who don't know them, the results are not accurate. This behavior does not promote leaders. It promotes a gang of "yes men" and an environment of "group think". It does not reward people for thinking out of the box.
Pros
As a consultant you are exposed to a variety of companies and can solve many different problems.
Cons
Leadership is severely lacking
Mid-level Consulting Experience erased
Senior Project Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 19, 2016
Hitachi Consulting is a consulting company trying to find its place in the consulting world. On one hand they want to drive revenues up but not willing to invest in the infrastructure that will make them long term successful. In the past reductions, Mid-level Consulting has been removed. In order to compensate, they promote quickly within talent that must stretch quickly to meet quality and delivery goals. Mid-Level Consulting is the foundation of a growing consultancy as they ensure quality, delivery, mentorship of new talent and support of the sales and upper management.

Want to know more about Hitachi Consulting?

Ask a question
Great company to get experience with multiple applications and clients
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
Great company to work for. I have worked for Hitachi for over 2.5 years, I have had great experience working for a major Aerospace and Defense client. Experience talking with customers and worked on multiple JAVA Enterprise applications, learned new skills and met a lot of new people. Great corporate environment.
Pros
Occassional Free Lunches and Dinners, Good Health Benefits
Great people, great clients, a fun place to work
Manager Process Excellence (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 31, 2016
Providing significant benefits to clients and continuously learning from colleagues makes this organization a great place to work.
Good company to start Consulting career
AX Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2016
Hitachi Consulting is a good company to start consulting career with. There are several VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE senior consultants to learn from. But once you feel comfortable, you may want to step out and see what else is out in the industry
Haha
consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2016
This company requires you to find your own projects and does not support their newer employees in their career path or development.
A growing company who is yet form its own identity in the market
Manager, Specialized Services (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 24, 2015
- More than 6000 employees
- Feel of a small company
- Long term projects
- Ethical values
- Approachable senior management
Great learning experience.
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 3, 2015
Small department made it easy to feel part of a team and learn from senior members. Challenging projects allowed for ample opportunity to ask questions and learn.
Pros
small team environment
I enjoy my work
Onsite Development Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2015
I enjoy my work everyday, except challenges, being pro-active, learning whenever there is opportunity.

I was voted best techie in the organization. I love to be part of my employer. When it comes to growth and stability I am looking for the right opportunity.
Good people, poor management
Vice President (Current Employee) –  HoustonOctober 7, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know the new people. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table. Great work life balance.
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2015
Good workplace
Gained a lot of experience
Good team members
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table. Great work life balance.
Good benefits, stable job
Pros
Free monthly lunches, dinners
Great start after college
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2015
A solid foundation for a consulting career after college, usually work/life balance is strong, but can quickly turn.
Remote opportunities available but not often. depends on the project.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hitachi Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval