Hitachi Data Systems

Hitachi Data Systems Employee Reviews

Great People, Great Environment
IT Intern - IT Solutions Deployment (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAMay 12, 2015
I have thoroughly enjoyed interning at Hitachi Data Systems for the past year, they are an outstanding company and you would be hard pressed to find much better in Silicon Valley.
Great Place to work
Product Support Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great work enviornment
Cons: No ability to work from home
Hitachi Data Systems is a great place to work, my position was eliminated however. I would love to continue to work at HDS, and am searching for a replacement position inside of HDS as well as a position outside of HDS.
I stayed busy all day every day.
Scheduler (Former Employee), Norman, OKApril 18, 2015
I learned a lot about computer storage systems including how to build them and the basics of how they operated and how they were used by different companies. They were ever evolving. I met a lot of very nice people and made a lot of friends.
Great place to work!
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Plainfield, INApril 2, 2015
Pros: Management, compensation, appreciation
Intelligent management, helpful co-workers, decent pay. Monthly parties was a plus. The ability to advance was clear and a goal of most.
Loved it up until I got laid off
Community Manager (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: work life balance, benefits, cafe, gym
Cons: the building is a little outdated
the culture is amazing, everyone I worked with was great. Work life balance was amazing. Great benefits. Too bad I couldn't stay longer...
Company was good
Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: work / life balance
Cons: no salary rise, poor benefit
Now company has high turn over and worse benefit since management change and cutting cost. But work/ life balance.

Coworkers are quite friendly and supportive.
Good place-To the point
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free quarter end lunches, cheap cafeteria, nice gym
Cons: busy management
Learned a lot from my peers. Great work atmosphere for a big company. Grow and help each other toward a collective goal rather than a finger pointing attitude.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Performance Specialist (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 22, 2015
The typical day at work is from 9 to 5 every day yet the most enyoable part of the day is when one can come in and complete work at any hour of the day. People can work freely at their own time and be flexible with the commute hour.
was able to work 100% from home
IT Project Manager (Former Employee), remoteFebruary 20, 2015
I was brought into Hitachi to manage a start up account with GE. I was responsible for managing the migration of 700 GE servers to Hitachi VSP storage. I was working 100% remote from home. The pay rate was excellent and the team I worked for was very good.
Good company
Senior Engineering Manager / Product Owner (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 17, 2015
Great company to work. Management is good. Company is trying to change their focus into other areas like social innovations. This is good sign that company it trying to step into other marketable areas and may move away from storage soon.
IT Architect (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 14, 2015
I was responsible for defining and planning IT Architecture strategy of the enterprise, managing application and infrastructure technology stacks, preparing future state technology roadmaps and business cases for acquisition of new technologies. Develop and document the framework for integration, Provide in-depth technical consultation to clients and IT management to ensure development of efficient systems, obtain consensus from stakeholders, IT Operations, Business Liaisons, and IT Leadership. In this Role I have started Enterprise Architecture practice building a formal EA process. Improved the PMO practices and communication between teams in the matrix environment, which has led to increasing the number of simultaneous projects and average billable hours. Implemented and enforced Corporate Security and Risk management methodology encompassing technology and application platforms. Responsible for identifying and driving opportunities and revenue by developing relationships with the senior executives (CxO & VPs) and the architecture teams to understand their key business processes, initiatives, and competitive solutions.
Technical Sales Environment
Sales Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: financial package
Cons: marketing
Having a strong technical storage sales background is a must to be successful.
Technical Sales Specialistles teams
Technical Sales Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta GAJanuary 4, 2015
Excellent work environment. Worked with customers partners and sales teams for NAS, Content, and Cloud solutions. Devised sales strategies and deployment options.
Start of a great career
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), Poway, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: great people, great work environment, pay, benefits
Since starting at HDS I've been impressed by the amount and quality of training I am receiving. The resident experts have been incredibly helpful when I'm not sure about a new topic and have really gone the extra mile to be available. There seems to be lots of opportunity for growth and the company is still growing. Also one of the key factors that helped me decide that this was the place for me was the Tenure of a number of people in the company. More than a few people have put in 20-30 years in just this company. IF that doesn't tell you it's an amazing company to work for, I don't know what will.
Excellent benefits for employees
Lead Technical Writer (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: near my home
Cons: highly bureaucratic
Inclusive, non-ageist management, generally benevolent company toward employees but not towards contractors.
good company to work at
Client Services Support Engineer /Contractor (Current Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: the people on my team where great
Cons: the new management not so good
the new management take over was not a good thing caused me to leave but my team \i worked with was top notch
Design & architect DW solutions involving OBIEE & Informatica
ETL Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 9, 2014
Design & architect DW solutions involving OBIEE & Informatica
Great company, great product set but difficult to get things done, and to advance
Practice Director, Content Enablement (Current Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: strong product portfolio, sound go to market strategies
Cons: difficult to get things done internally, no pay increases for many years
The product set created by HDS over the years has actually outpaced giants like EMC and IBM in the pat 5 years. It is truly a winning company. The flaws that I am sensitive to are not in how we create products, or integrate them into our customer's infrastructures. The cultural elements within HDS that make is stable, and seem to provide a large cushion (work-life-balance) for some, are the very ones that I feel keep HDS from progressing more quickly in the storage and cloud services market. Here are some bullets to describe working there:
1) In my role, a typical day does not exist. I provide thought leadership to sales and pre-sales teams in support of their sales efforts, and most of the work involves educating people about technology.
2) I have learned a great deal about content technologies, and how they will replace the standard way of storing data. Nothing else can keep up with the growth. I have also learned that IT organizations are no longer purchasing in the same CAPEX spending patterns as five years ago, and are truly going towards cloud strategies, despite the analysts's pessimism.
3) Management is great, responsive, but their hands are tied, as this is a Japanese company, and all big decisions are still made in Japan. This has been softening somewhat in the past 2-3 years, but it is not autonomous yet. For example, no one has had any kind of merit pay increase in over 6 years. This is not sustainable, and many top employees have left recently.
4) My coworkers, or colleagues are extremely talented and professional. It is truly an honor to work with them.
5) The – more... hardest part of the job is really getting what I'd like to get done done, since there is a limit of hours in the day. Sales is not an exact science, so effort needs to be measured and balanced so that impact to the sale can be optimized. This is hard to do all the time, and on many occasions, investments in time and effort and capital are made that are lost when the sale does not go through. It's hard to lose when it costs to lose, but there is not other way to succeed.
6) Clearly the most rewarding part of the job are those times when I am able to execute of strategies that I created and executed as part of an efficient, cohesive team. – less
Good work life balance
Delivery Manager (Former Employee), MichiganSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: good work/life balance
Good company to work for. Great work/life balance and compensation.
Hitachi Tuning Manager software maps, monitors, and analyzes storgage resources
Hitachi Tuning Manager (Former Employee), Waltham, MAAugust 7, 2014
End-to-end visibility of the software identifies, isolates, and diagnoses performance bottlenecks for storage applications such as Oracle; Microsoft Exchange, Sharepoint, and SQL Server; and IBM DB2.

1 2 3

About Hitachi Data Systems

Hitachi, which means "risen sun," is looking for a new dawn of profits from its galaxy of businesses. The company's Information – Read more

Hitachi Data Systems Salaries