Directs and coordinates activities of engineering department to design, manufacture, and test metal components, products, and systems by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Candidate MUST have knowledge of metal fabrication processes and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
- Analyzes technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects.
- Confers with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Forecasts operating costs of department and directs preparation of budget requests.
- Advises management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
- Provides direction and example for interpretation and application of company policies and procedures to the engineering activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations, and develops recommendations accordingly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Manages a total of four employees in the Engineering Department.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with welding, CNC, machining and basic sheet metal fabrication required.
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off.