This supervisor will oversee and direct the welding, laser, saw, assembly, and press brake departments consisting of 30 or more employees on 2nd shift to manufacture parts and products by performing the following duties. Candidate MUST have knowledge of metal fabrication processes and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
- Computes amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules, and requisitions materials from storage area.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Plans flow of materials through departments according to work orders.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Inspects and measures parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products which fail to meet standards.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Ensures that all employees work in a safe manner and that they are following safety policies and procedures. Ensures that good housekeeping practices are consistently followed.
- Manages nine subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 100 employees in the Flat Laser, Machining, Brake Press, Tube Laser, Welding, Flame Table, Finishing, Shipping and Assembly on 1st shift, or supervises crew of 30+ non-supervisor employees on 2nd shift.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Directly supervises five forklift operator employees on 1st shift.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two or more years of related experience and/or training or combination of education and experience.
Experience in welding, CNC, machining and basic sheet metal fabrication required.
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off.
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -