Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in operating the paint line system by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews color tags to determine color paint to use on parts as they enter the paint booth.
- Maintains the operation of the wash system, includes start-up, shutdown, maintenance and adjusting the pH in the wastewater tank.
- Maintains the operation of the ovens, includes start-up, shutdown and adjusting the temperature as needed.
- Maintains paint inventory and equipment in good operating order.
- Records and completes log of pH readings in wastewater tank.
- Interprets specifications and work orders to workers and assigns duties.
- Plans flow of materials through the department according to work orders.
- Inspects painted parts and product to verify conformance to specifications.
- Adheres to all safety policies in regard to working with paints and chemicals.
- Ensures that all employees work in a safe manner and that they are following safety policies and procedures. Ensures that good housekeeping practices are consistently followed.
Manages seven subordinates in the paint department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of paint department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's Degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two or more years related experience and/or training.
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off.