HITCO Carbon Composites Employee Reviews

productive long hours no job security
Utility worker (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 5, 2017
hitco carbon composites started off as a great job and over time I seen so many faces come and go from management to production I lasted 4 years before I got laid with a large group of people
good place to work at
Carbon Fabricator/Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 24, 2017
Good place to work.this place gives you a lot of overtime and its a friendly place to work.management could be a lot better but for the most part i would recomend a friend
Pros
pizza party once and a while
Cons
good health care
Fair
Senior Industrial Engineer - Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAApril 13, 2017
Management acts very well Oscar worthy performances. No team engagement. Constant fire fighting nerver systemic fixes. Always in fighting and jocking for money
Pros
wage
Cons
nerver systemic fixes
work environment is a mess
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CADecember 22, 2016
no work structure. play by ear on work production. management was terrible. but workers were hard working. plenty of O.T. hours on the weekends and days.
Pros
OT hours
Cons
no structure, management
It was no time for ping pong, had Christmas Parties & Picnics
Insulation Operator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 26, 2016
I enjoyed my job of 27 years, my Co-Worker's and I were Team Players, I was a valuable employee always got the job done in a timely manner, I was a quick learner, ran various machines, fork lifts, organized the warehouse, whatever they had me to do I did willingly and was willing and eagar to learn.
Cons
Short breaks because of the machines being ran
not a friendly evvironment
Laminator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJune 6, 2016
only good thing I have to say is that I had the opportunity to learn everything they had to offer. such as machine operator, laminator, assembler, inspection and detooling
Pros
opportunity to learn multipul skill
Cons
hostile envoronment, unfair treatment
Laborer
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARAugust 15, 2015
Hitco was a good company to work for but there was no room for advancement within the company unless you were willing to relocate to California.
Okay workplace for experience
Laminator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 5, 2015
typical day at work come in gather with team and review of any issues from previous day, and plan out for that day then stretch.
poorly managed
Laminator (Former Employee) –  Gardena,CAAugust 3, 2015
They want you to report anything that is wrong and or needed. When you do report something, they wouldn't do anything until it was too late. I did however learn a handful of skill sets. I certified in multiple machinery i have never used before.
Pros
free cookies at union meetings
Cons
poor management
average
Composite Technician (Current Employee) –  GardenaFebruary 5, 2015
Needs better communication among staffs and its difficult to get the max pay for your skills sets. Mangement says to tell them what the problems are and they dont address them until its bad.
Pros
advacement
Cons
temps working with union employees. Not good mangement
Very productive and on a demanding time frame.
Laminator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of many task. Anywhere form preparing for the tools for the days work, detooling tools from the day before or immediately starting to laminate what the last shift left unfinished. There is a supervisor on the floor at all time but for the most part many employees would be left unsupervised. This made the moral of the clean room a lot more relaxed. I have quite a bit of experience so I never found any task hard just a little more time consuming. What I enjoy most about working with carbon composites is how beneficial it is for our future and not only for aerospace businesses but for the entire world.
Pros
Lots of paid time off
Cons
Short breaks
Good Place to work at.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAOctober 23, 2014
Hitco has been good to me for the last 6 years.
over time ive seen a lot of good people go.
Sgl took over and was supposed to be making hitco a top tier
company , but it failed and now is for sale.
now its being run by a bunch of "yes" men and it seems like its
all going down hill. A typical day in my department would consist of high demands for completing parts with out the proper tools, materials, and communication. This place has become a dump.
I used to love coming in to work, now its just a place to do you 8 and get out. If everything was flowing like it once was when i first got hired it would be a Great job. but now it sucks.
Pros
good pay, health care
Cons
all of management
Good Company Bad Parts
Materials Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAOctober 16, 2014
Good Company but lacks at making quality parts for customers.. Majority of Production parts are placed on NCR(review) to determine the disposition from the customer...Great Diversity and Workplace otherwise.
Pros
Great Teamwork
Cons
Determination to get Better, Too Comfortable with low quality parts
Best technology company worst managed
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 8, 2014
I am a current employee, i have to say this is the best company technology wise but management spend most of their day in meetings and gumbo walks away from the workers. They are detached from reality. I lost count of how many vice presidents we have (maybe 10). Some managers are engaged with the work and employees but others dont seem to csre. One of our former production managers made some incredible decisions and mede our department waste about 2 months of work. When i started my department had 26 employees, now we are down to 5. They hired some good prospects sent them to 2 weeks of training them let them go. Out of the last 6 people sent for training only one is here. We have to multitask and skip lunch to get things going. When one guy goes on vacation we go into emergency reactive mode. Moral is very low but we try. There is no money to hire and you have to buy your own office supplies.
Some supervisors are no help either and instead of trying to fix themselves, they throw the prblem over the fence and do not know the whys and hows. They just say "it doesn work" no feedback is given either. There is your problem no engagement by key personnel.
Pros
Employees give their best
Cons
Management style is outdated and detached most have no supervision skills
unfair management
Laminator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 20, 2014
great pay, clean, fair work
got along with everyone
was discriminated and picked on by my lead when department manager was out of town and with out notice or warning was lies and complained about unfairly. soon after was let go go no probable cause nor reason that she could prove due to no clock out or in from breaks or cameras to prove other wise.
Pros
great pay, clean
Cons
discrimination, poor management
Innovative products
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 16, 2014
Innovative products, strong Engineering, dedicated workforce, mix of new technology and long-term contracts.
Friendly place
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 5, 2014
The people here are all friendly and can teach you several stuff. I love that you can move up in the company. Making carbon fiber part couldn't be more interesting.
Pros
Military Friendly
Cons
Have to go through an agency.
Best Job I every had
NC Programmer (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 22, 2014
This place was booming for a long time but horribly mismanaged and they canned about everybody
fun and excting
LAMINATOR (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMarch 16, 2014
the people was the best and the environment was great. atypical day at work was chill and relaxing not stressful at all
poor pay vs. expectations
Mechanical Assembly Technician F-22 (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMarch 5, 2014
Considering this is a Southern CA company, they do not compensate well demographically comparatively speaking.
Pros
excellent contracts
Cons
compensation