HITCO Carbon Composites Employee Reviews in United States

not a friendly evvironment
Laminator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJune 6, 2016
only good thing I have to say is that I had the opportunity to learn everything they had to offer. such as machine operator, laminator, assembler, inspection and detooling
Pros
opportunity to learn multipul skill
Cons
hostile envoronment, unfair treatment
Laborer
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARAugust 15, 2015
Hitco was a good company to work for but there was no room for advancement within the company unless you were willing to relocate to California.
Okay workplace for experience
Laminator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 5, 2015
typical day at work come in gather with team and review of any issues from previous day, and plan out for that day then stretch.
poorly managed
Laminator (Former Employee) –  Gardena,CAAugust 3, 2015
They want you to report anything that is wrong and or needed. When you do report something, they wouldn't do anything until it was too late. I did however learn a handful of skill sets. I certified in multiple machinery i have never used before.
Pros
free cookies at union meetings
Cons
poor management
average
Composite Technician (Current Employee) –  GardenaFebruary 5, 2015
Needs better communication among staffs and its difficult to get the max pay for your skills sets. Mangement says to tell them what the problems are and they dont address them until its bad.
Pros
advacement
Cons
temps working with union employees. not good mangement
Very productive and on a demanding time frame.
Laminator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of many task. Anywhere form preparing for the tools for the days work, detooling tools from the day before or immediately starting to laminate what the last shift left unfinished. There is a supervisor on the floor at all time but for the most part many employees would be left unsupervised. This made the moral of the clean room a lot more relaxed. I have quite a bit of experience so I never found any task hard just a little more time consuming. What I enjoy most about working with carbon composites is how beneficial it is for our future and not only for aerospace businesses but for the entire world.
Pros
lots of paid time off
Cons
short breaks
Good Place to work at.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAOctober 23, 2014
Hitco has been good to me for the last 6 years.
over time ive seen a lot of good people go.
Sgl took over and was supposed to be making hitco a top tier
company , but it failed and now is for sale.
now its being run by a bunch of "yes" men and it seems like its
all going down hill. A typical day in my department would consist of high demands for completing parts with out the proper tools, materials, and communication. This place has become a dump.
I used to love coming in to work, now its just a place to do you 8 and get out. If everything was flowing like it once was when i first got hired it would be a Great job. but now it sucks.
Pros
good pay, health care
Cons
all of management
Good Company Bad Parts
Materials Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAOctober 16, 2014
Good Company but lacks at making quality parts for customers.. Majority of Production parts are placed on NCR(review) to determine the disposition from the customer...Great Diversity and Workplace otherwise.
Pros
great teamwork
Cons
determination to get better, too comfortable with low quality parts
Best technology company worst managed
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 8, 2014
I am a current employee, i have to say this is the best company technology wise but management spend most of their day in meetings and gumbo walks away from the workers. They are detached from reality. I lost count of how many vice presidents we have (maybe 10). Some managers are engaged with the work and employees but others dont seem to csre. One of our former production managers made some incredible decisions and mede our department waste about 2 months of work. When i started my department had 26 employees, now we are down to 5. They hired some good prospects sent them to 2 weeks of training them let them go. Out of the last 6 people sent for training only one is here. We have to multitask and skip lunch to get things going. When one guy goes on vacation we go into emergency reactive mode. Moral is very low but we try. There is no money to hire and you have to buy your own office supplies.
Some supervisors are no help either and instead of trying to fix themselves, they throw the prblem over the fence and do not know the whys and hows. They just say "it doesn work" no feedback is given either. There is your problem no engagement by key personnel.
Pros
employees give their best
Cons
management style is outdated and detached most have no supervision skills
unfair management
Laminator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 20, 2014
great pay, clean, fair work
got along with everyone
was discriminated and picked on by my lead when department manager was out of town and with out notice or warning was lies and complained about unfairly. soon after was let go go no probable cause nor reason that she could prove due to no clock out or in from breaks or cameras to prove other wise.
Pros
great pay, clean
Cons
discrimination, poor management
Innovative products
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 16, 2014
Innovative products, strong Engineering, dedicated workforce, mix of new technology and long-term contracts.
Friendly place
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 5, 2014
The people here are all friendly and can teach you several stuff. I love that you can move up in the company. Making carbon fiber part couldn't be more interesting.
Pros
military friendly
Cons
have to go through an agency.
Best Job I every had
NC Programmer (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 22, 2014
This place was booming for a long time but horribly mismanaged and they canned about everybody
fun and excting
LAMINATOR (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMarch 16, 2014
the people was the best and the environment was great. atypical day at work was chill and relaxing not stressful at all
poor pay vs. expectations
Mechanical Assembly Technician F-22 (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMarch 5, 2014
Considering this is a Southern CA company, they do not compensate well demographically comparatively speaking.
Pros
excellent contracts
Cons
compensation
Hitco Carbon Composites is a production plant that produces various parts and refines matariels for the US military and a good plant
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Arkadelphia, ARJanuary 30, 2014
I was hired on as a Journeyman electrician and maintenance mechanic. I was hired to fill in for an employee that was on IR and were unsure when he would return. The plant supervisor could not afford Two maintenance electricians at this point in time but mentioned if productions plans change in the next year he would contact me to see if i might be avalebile at that time
productive place
Laminator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CASeptember 23, 2013
this is a big company at gardena they have nice people there and they have their own way to work with composites
good place to work. Can be stressfull and fast paced.
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 21, 2013
Overall grade: B

Nice place to work.

Great co-workers

Lots of long term employees
Easy work, Bad management.
Utility Worker/ Laminator (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAApril 30, 2013
your assigned a task by your lead and addressed to whom you'll be partnered with. I learned to work on several different parts and departments of the company and found that throughout the company moral was down. Management is bad because they have meetings daily and only focus on ship sets and not the work force or motivating their employees. They also have 13+ vice presidents and it seems no one can get the company on the right track. the hardest part of the job is accepting that no matter how hard you work or what a positive influence you are on your fellow employees you will go unrecognized due to politics. the most enjoyable part is knowing that your not being physically drained cause all tasks are fairly simple and the medical benefits are really good as well.
Pros
easy work, good benefits
Cons
bad management, and leadership.
good place, but they will drop you like a fly in a moments notice
utility worker (Former Employee) –  gardenaApril 9, 2013
it was all good for two months then out of no where i was told it wasnt going to work out and thanks for your hard work and thats about it. some upper management might seem like they are friendly but in a moments notice your told its not a good fit. watch and learn from the people who can either help you or end your stay your stay at hitco. LIke the other review on here said its true, "You will be turned over and out, the minute things get a little slow. Waste of life!."
Pros
good pay, great health insurance
Cons
no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HITCO Carbon Composites. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9