HKA Enterprises Employee Reviews

Pretty good for a summer job
Park Attendant (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 20, 2017
I technically worked as a public employee, but was contracted through HKA. Took a whole lot of safety modules my first year (like 8 hours worth), but if you come back later you only have to retake a few of them. Had a decent salary for a summer job (12-12.50 an hour), and offered a 50 cent raise for coming back the second year. Overall, a positive experience.
What I've learned....
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 22, 2017
HKA has given me the opportunity to grow. I enjoy working with my co-workers and I learn everyday something new. HKA is a great company I will love to stay employed with HKA for a long time.
contractor company
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 12, 2017
they sent me to work immediately and always paid on time. work was good they train people for test. what do you want to know.
Pros
contractor
Cons
contractor job
Contract Position
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2016
This was a contract position, working through HKA for a company in Denver. They paid no benefits, you got no holiday pay or sick time or vacation. HKA is based out of South Carolina.
Great place to start
Account Manager/Sr. Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCMay 9, 2016
Great place to start your career as a Recruiter. If you are willing to relocate, you have the chance to do big things with the company. They are growing and provide a secure atmosphere. Kind of a good ol boy place to work, but they are fair and give opportunities to those who excel.
Pros
Gym, weights, basketball courts
Cons
Have to relocate for upward mobility
Temp agency
Chemnist 3 for CH2M (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJanuary 31, 2016
I don't have much to say about this Temp Agency because I never met them in person and only interacted with them via email.
Common Company
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  PRJanuary 29, 2016
I have a neutral experience with HKA. It worked for CH Caribe and we worked for the Acueduct and Sewer Authority. It was an active work and with many things to do.
Ethnics
Gulf Coast Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 11, 2016
Sometimes your career should not be based on the all mighty dollar and about your job experience. Shouldn't have to compromise my morals for a position.
Placed me in a contract position at ch2m hill
AutoCAD/Revit Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 14, 2015
Loved how easily it was to get a position with this company. If I had any questions, they were very helpful. The only downfall was the job was not permanent & itgot put on hold.
not worth a dam
recruiter (Former Employee) –  mobileOctober 4, 2015
Steer clear you will B sorry if you don't not very good place to work. What else do need to know. Sorry. Company. To work for
Pros
you get to go home
Cons
going back for little pay
Very professional and good work schedule
Senior Contracts Administrator CH2M Hill (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 7, 2015
The management staff was very professional. We worked a 40 hour work week that included half days on Friday. My co-workers were people I had worked with previously and we all worked well together. The hardest part of the job was learning the Company formation requirements. The most enjoyable part on the job is contract negotiation and administration.
Pros
Great team of Contract professionals
Cons
Work location (There was no place close by, other than McDonalds to eat lunch so I would bring my lunch.)
Everyone good to work with
Health and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2015
The personnel at this job site made the work fun and very easy. Everyone was willing to do whatever they could to have a safe atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Always something different
Cons
Lots of hours
Great admin. roles at Pfizer, Inc.
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 2, 2015
Great company to work for. Consultants and recruiters are great to work with. Very spot on in job matching.

The position I was matched up for in an interview was a great fit for me and the employer. The background check took a while. Onboarding paperwork was efficient.
Pros
Communication
Cons
Pay negotiations
They are a sub-contractor at Austal in Mobile, AL
Sub-contractor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 15, 2015
I am a sub-contractor at Austal in Mobile, AL. I work in the outfitting department doing installation of insulation, prep and painting on navy ships.

This is a temporary job until I can find a company where my assets will be utilized in management.
Pros
contract with per diem rates
Cons
high priced insurance plans
great
Outfitter (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCJanuary 8, 2015
my coordinator was great it was very good company to work for
Previous Employee
Account Manager/Sr. Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCOctober 13, 2014
Great environment to work for a new grad or someone that is looking to coast until retirement. Great launching point for a career in recruiting. Upward mobility is limited, management style is reactive instead of proactive.
Pros
Good environment, family oriented
Cons
Bad benefits, limited upward mobility.
Good job shop
Project Lead/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCAugust 28, 2014
management is great, Job is challenging and people are wonderful to work with.
was loads of fun and great company to work for.
Booster pump Operator, maintenance work (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCAugust 9, 2014
This was phase one of the the river project and was great, we built and set up everything for phases 2 and 3. would have loved to stay with HKA. however they only hired for the phase one and didn't do phase 2 or 3.
Pros
great team.
Cons
project ended
Was overall a memorable employment for helping the displaced people.
Inspector/first response FEMA (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSJune 25, 2014
14- hour day for everyday, and no days off because we were to get as many people taken care of as quickly as we could for the amount of time we had to be employed and get the displaced people into trailers as quickly as possible. Drove about 300 miles a day over the coast of Mississippi. Co-workers were all sent into different directions on the map. We all stayed at the same hotel, so we would see each other before work, at work getting our instructions, and then after. The most enjoyable about the job, was the people very happy to get into their temporary trailer from FEMA and they would call to thank us for our help. I had to schedule times to meet with the people, have them sign documents for FEMA, then make sure the property was fit to have the trailer put on site. Needed to do blueprints of each site for the people bring trailers and how to set up. After trailer was set, I had to go back making sure they followed code, and take digital pictures of site, get all serial numbers, and do a GPS document with computer to give to FEMA everyday to download from Zip drive.
Pros
loved meeting all the people in Mississippi
Cons
Missed family being away for 6 months, but loved every minute of the time I was there.
liars at HKA
Packer (Former Employee) –  Shelby Township , MichiganApril 28, 2014
I was lied to about the pay rate. This job was in Shelby Township Michigan , working at Royal Plastics. 4 days on 3 days off. 12 hours a day. I was hired at 11.00 an hour for day shift 6AM-6PM. 6PM-6AM was 11.50 an hour. 1st pay check was 11.00 an hour. second pay check was 10.75 an hour.
The work was unreal. Heavy industrial, plumbing parts. Problem is you have to run too many machines at one time. The people there could not keep up. I worked there for 2 weeks. I found out that there are 2 contract companies, trying to keep people working there. The other contract company is Green Arrow Staffing. I also observed that the company keeps the place understaffed. Perhaps the Plant Manager gets a huge bonus, by keeping the plant understaffed. There are employees from the original plant Plastic Trends, which was bought out by Royal/Axiall. I was also told by HKA, that you get hired in 3 months, by Royal. I found out that people under contract where there 8 months and longer, still contract. I also was asked what shift I would want to work. I picked the shift and found out 2 weeks later , that I was on a different shift....HMMMM....
Pros
I honestly did not see any pros.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HKA Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.