HMC Architects Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Construction Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Downey, CANovember 9, 2017
My time at HMC was spent on a jobsite in Downey, CA. Every day was fast-paced and unique with its own challenges. The General Contractor, Owner and the Architect were all based at the jobsite. The management was excellent and there was never a dull moment. I was there for the entire job, starting with a dirt field and ending up with a fully functional hospital, central plant and medical office building. One of the best working experiences of my career.
Pros
Great people, great environment
Cons
N/a
Hmc healthcare los angeles
Designer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 1, 2017
There are two different worlds at the hmc la office. Education and healthcare. Unfortunately I worked for healthcare. There was a lot of dissatisfaction in healthcare in regards upper management. People wanted to be treated better have less overtime. There seemed to make shallow efforts but nothing changed. The new addition to management is ruthless. I’ve heard people who still work there in healthcare don’t feel safe with their jobs. Who likes always working in fear. It’s not just the architect staff. Administration staff gets it the worst.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Ruthless uppermanagement. Top heavy not enough younger staff to do the work
Great flexible company with many added benefits
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 23, 2016
I met a lot of really great people at HMC. The work environment was one of the best I have seen. Friendly and helpful people were never hard to find. The company does try very hard to make their employees happy.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Competitive Salary, Great Work Environment
Cons
Layoffs and office closures
Great company to work for.
Project Administrator, Construction (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 3, 2015
I love working on site near the action, knowing what issues are happening and what we as a team need to do to resolve the issues.
Great learning experience
Marketing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 29, 2013
Worked there for 3 years with excellent yearly evaluations. Thought my job was really secure. I learned a lot during my employment there. Met a lot of nice professional people. Love working with the marketing managers.
Pros
great location, short commute.
Cons
no comment.
A first-rate architectural firm and a good company to work for.
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 4, 2012
An excellent company- completely professional. Our office was simply beautiful- being there each day was a privilege. Coworkers were like family- everyone worked together well and enjoyed frequent socializing together after hours. We did good work for our clients- the sense of pride was gratifying. I was downsized- my position permenantly eliminated and I truly miss working there. Sadly, before the lay-offs began, the company climate had become intensely "corporate" and was not as flexible as it had been when I first worked there. Career tracks became rigid with no hope of switching from "production" to "design", for instance. The old company policy of rewarding initiative was abolished and my last few months there were tarnished by the frustration and boredom that ensued by the strictness of my duty description. But, if offered the opportunity of returning to work for HMC, I would jump at it. They are a first-rate architectural firm and a fine employer.
Great corporate culture and quality workforce
Corporate Marketing Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 11, 2012
Fast paced, collaborative work environment, down-to-earth and fun co-workers, strong work ethics

Want to know more about HMC Architects?

Ask a question