HME Employee Reviews

Friendly work environment
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Poway, CASeptember 29, 2017
Coworkers were friendly. Very little supervision and very little training. Little feedback or guidance from management. Work did not match level of position. Work level too low could have been performed by technician, did not require enginner.
It was a great place to work
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  PowayJune 1, 2017
Honestly im just trying to post my resume, and indeed is not letting me update my info without writting a story about a company I previously worked for
Great Company
Tech Support Representative II (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAFebruary 15, 2017
HME was a great company to work for. They have 401k, good medical and pay for sports leagues. The only reason I left is they were moving to Carlsbad. One of the cons of working there is the lack of socialization. You are constantly on the phones and to make sure they are covered at all time you're never on break at the same time as your coworkers.
Pros
Medical, Sports, Appreciated Employees, Good Pay
Cons
No socializing, working holidays, somewhat stressful
Privately held company still working to a 1970's higherarchy.
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAJune 6, 2016
This company was privately held, and not much room to grow. Immediate management was hard to work with. I did enjoy my co-workers. I most enjoyed working with suppliers.
Pros
Great bonuses.
Cons
Excellent company to work for.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Poway, CANovember 4, 2015
This is a strong and growing company which places a high value value on employees. Training and advancement is available to all employees. Excellent Human Resource Department provides fun and healthy activities for employees.
Productive and Enjoyable place to work
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 9, 2015
A great place to work with supportive coworkers and management. The company sponsors many extracurrilar activities like basketball, softball, bowling and other activities for its employees.
Highly Stressful
Billing Manager/HIPAA OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Bundy, WIAugust 5, 2015
This position not only requires multi tasking in the extreme, but a willingness to accept responsibility for staff and issues you have no control over, that is not in your job description, or a part of your compensation. I do everything from uniform ordering, postal changes, Medicare contracting, accreditation, and A/R trending to Running my boss coffee and making word document signs for her retail front.

My boss is high maintenance and needs to control all aspects of your day. I have to be consistent and resolved in the face of daily criticism and the unexpected expectations.
Pros
Tests your limits, creates ability to do many things at once
Cons
stress, confusion, frustration
Productive and fun work place.
Administrative Clerk-Engineering Department (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAJune 27, 2015
I enjoyed working at HME and learning about their products as well as working with different people and personalities within the Engineering Department and company overall.
Fun place to work at
Assembler/Tester (Current Employee) –  Poway, CAFebruary 12, 2015
People are great, management is also great, and the best part is that you have to opportunity to move up in the company! Always busy so it never gets boring.
Hostile Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 27, 2015
Management is abusive
Retaliatory
Hostile Work Environment
Pros
Hours
Cons
Retaliation
HME in general
Body Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIDecember 31, 2014
It is a very good company and it was a very good company. While there were jobs.
When i got there i would prepare my station for the day. Then I would degrease the cabs and put silicon on the edges. then i would sand and start grinding.
I learned all the things above.
The management is great, the managers are friendly and always are willing to help.
They are very friendly and hard workers.
The hardest part was when i had to use the grinder.
The most enjoyable part was being able to work and communicate with your peers.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Not a lot of hours to work
Electronic Production
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Poway, CANovember 19, 2014
Well a typical day at work is trying to change the 1st shift asking regarding the products needed to finish a certain product and all the necessary parts needed and the proper documentation. In regards to management it is ok they provide good compensation to the permanent work force. My co-workers are all nice.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Supervised repair techs on two shifts
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Poway, CA 92064November 13, 2014
Coordinated work flow for techs on two shifts, hired, trained, displined, reviewed annually,
Also coordinated recieving team.
Pros
Great co workers, Face paced, Benifits, Customer driven
Cons
New management, Culture shift
A great business to work for
Tech Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Although I was hired on as a Temp and Did not get to advance to full time, I would say that the environment and staff was very high. I would have loved to continue my career with them.
Pros
great benefits, great management
Cons
HME is a great place to work with opportunity for advancement
Customer Support Engineer / Trainer (Current Employee) –  Poway, CAJuly 24, 2013
HME makes a great effort to provide leadership and support for all positions, they still manage to provide a "family" work enviorment. My position interfaces with not only external customers but internal as well.
Pros
Well established company, opportunity for advancement
Small Company
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJune 19, 2013
Nice People. Small family atmosphere. It good to know that you are building a product that will save people's lives.
good luck getting in
assembler (Former Employee) –  powayMarch 23, 2013
This company will fire you if you get too old and won't hire you even though you have worked in the field and soldered your whole life. If your experience is from a few years back they say your experience isn't current enough. If you tell them you can pass any tests they wanna give you, they just keep repeating your experience isn't current enough. What the ....?
Pros
co-workers and managers are really nice
Cons
big head honchos suck as does hiring team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HME. Our community is ready to answer.