HMS Host

HMS Host Employer Reviews

Steady
Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch, 401k, student reiumbersment
steady but irregular schedule, mangers walk around all day patrolling. Great Airport! Great BENEFITS!! Have to stay on top of your manger if you want anything done.
produtive great work enviorment friendly staff and personal
utility (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: free meals great pay good benefits
Cons: blackout dates
productive team members fast paced job. makes you feel like you actually accomplish something once you see your job done, great people to work with. can be hard at times specially when people call off but everyone is willing to help out.
Productive place with nice people
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free lunch, good sick hours, and vacation.
Cons: short breaks, expensive healthcare, bad management, poor work conditions, and poor training.
A typical day at work was filled with faced paced cooking of the same food, and lots of jokes or conversation being thrown around unless it was one of the busier days. On those days it would be a nose to grind kind of day. I learned a lot from that place, both from my co-workers to the place its self. Part of what I learned was what bad management looks like. The manager that we the employees had to deal with on a regular basis was a liar and didn't know how to do her job. If equipment broke down we the cooks would be expected to work without it until she found a replacement or had the old one fixed. This took months. And she would lie to us about why it took months. I could make a huge list of problems all starting with her but I have other things to talk about. Training had no standards, in fact it was just two days of being shown the ropes before being thrown to the wolves, but i learned regardless. My co-workers were a mixed bag of good ones and bad ones but they were all good people regardless. The hardest part of the job I felt was really working my way into the breakfast crew. The were all really good, and they all spoke a second language. The thing i found hard was the feeling that I had let them down if I couldn't handle the work load of a breakfast rush like they could. The most enjoyable part of my job, without a doubt, were my co-workers. I have made some great friends from there.
Busy work place with flawed management
Hourly Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, New JerseyFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free meals, some good coworkers
Cons: bad management
This job was extremely busy, a typical day at work would consist of non-stop rush of customers since the turnpike was extremely busy. Near the end of the shift we had to start cleaning, barely anytime to relax. The management is flawed; a bit biased and sometimes rude. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with unfair treatment of management. The most enjoyable part of the job was being with coworkers who unfortunately had the same problems.
we had fun when we first opened
food and beverage manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: no breaks
they need better higher management , the terminal manager acts like he is in high school with how much he talks about people with everybody and anybody , other then that its not really that bad of a company .
Great place to work and meet great people
ADS/Food handler (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch and great medical coverage
Cons: poor management and poor support system
A typical day at work was a very busy one with lots of responsibilities and great customers. Making sure all seven stores had what they needed to serve the customers. I learn how to adapt in a busy setting and adapt to dealing with different personalities. Most of my co-workers was great and know how to work together and as a team. Management could have been more attentive and aware. Most of all more supportive of the associates. The hardest part of the job was getting the management to care about day to day operation as much as I did. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all over the world, Being about to help out who ever from management, co-workers to customers. I just had a all around love for my job.
Airport is a fast environment
Barista (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYDecember 21, 2014
Great opportunity to learn customer service in a fast past environment
nice work clean work space.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Newark, NJDecember 16, 2014
Pros: working with the manager.
Cons: insurance
a day at work was good i enjoyed getting hand on training with the manager.
n/a
crew member (Former Employee), Broadview Heights, OHDecember 16, 2014
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: pay vs. labor
Okay at first. Later on become more of a pain to work than normal
Great benefits, money is good, and great staff but unnecessarily strict.
Bartender (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIDecember 10, 2014
Pros: staff, money, meeting people, and scheduling that fits my day job.
Cons: unnecessary rules and policies, and commute.
Business is based on the amount of flights. Usually starts off slow so I spend the beginning of every shift with cleaning and prepping. At around 9 PM I get slammed and it gets extremely busy. Most people want a quick drink and leave so the turn over is quick. I have to move as fast as I can until closing at 11 PM. The night ends with a thorough cleaning and stocking. The hardest part of the job is dealing with all the unnecessary rules and policies that slows me down which at times causes me to give slow service. The most enjoyable part of this job is the wonderful friendly staff and meeting people from all over the world.
Don't Work Here
Cashier (Former Employee), Amherst, OhioNovember 26, 2014
They hire just about anyone to work here. They do not give sufficient training to do the job. You are kind of just thrown in there. Managers aren't that available to answer when you have a question or a problem.
it was a very fun enviornment
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLNovember 22, 2014
Pros: working with public
Cons: not such great pay
it was a very great place, the managers were super nice and fun to work with they were very understanding and open to my needs and i loved working with the public and making food working with my coworkers was so much fun, this was one of my favorite jobs.
Unprofessional
Commissary Worker (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: one break
Very unprofessional jobs and they under pay employees. They sell you the job in the interview but when you start working it's a whole different world.
Exciting, fast-paced workplace. Everyday was different. I worked at the airport.
Bartender (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: meeting celebrities.
Cons: taking shuttle to work from parking lot.
Everyday was different and I never knew who I was going to meet that day. Even though I have been bartending for many years, I still learned new things from my co-workers as they learned from me.
A Calm and hectic environment at the same time
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), College Park, GANovember 16, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: benefits
My days at work are usually long for the simple fact that I've recently been placed in a store by myself for a 6-8 hour day, which can be cool at times but for the most part its not so gravy. my supervisory team is pretty cool . i like how everyone gets along and nobody is disrespectful towards another person nor the guest. the part i like about my job the most, is meeting new people and learning about the places they may be travelling to that day and also being able to make they happy by helping them find things. the hardest part about my job is when I'm working alone at night and I have to check in books and other things alone, whereas in the other stores there are 2-4 associates working together to get the job done. I understand that the location that I'm at is a smaller store but it still has a good business just like the other stores.
fun place
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 12, 2014
cool place love to cook for the customers nice co-workers and cool boss a work friendly place the best part is its in the airport so i meet new people everyday
productive and fun workplace where everyone gets along.
Cashier (Current Employee), Vandalia, OHNovember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch from g.a.b
Cons: no health care benefits, no raise
Working for HMS Host has been good for the most part. Nice people safe environment. Get to meet new people everyday.
Diverse Environment and Insanely Busy
Hostess (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch, fun coworkers, diverse
Cons: short break, hours vary
A typical day at work would consist of people always in a hurry so when they come to you for a question or to purchase something, always meant you have to be on your toes and ready to answer their question asap if not know where to refer them. I've learned how to talk to and how to interact with customers not just from America or Arizona but from all over the world. All of my co-workers have been amazing they understand how it is to work there and it makes bad days a little easier, but also knowing that they will work as a team to get through our busy rushes. I believe the hardest part of the job is dealing with customer's, co-worker's and other employee's attitudes. There are a lot of people who come to you angry in an airport which a little sleep, hours on a plane, or delays would make anyone a little cranky. I had to learn how to set it aside and try to understand what they are going through and hopefully be able to help them with what they need. Despite the attitude you might get, most customers are nice and its surprising the many different cultures you get to meet.
great work place
Server/Customer Service (Former Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 22, 2014
Pros: union
Cons: not steady business
management at some points were not up to the greatest standards.
Love this place
Cashier/Cook/Customer Service (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Great place to work at, Fun work place, Great way to meet people to from all around the world

1 2 3 4 5

About HMS Host

Autogrill Group knows some travelers hunger for more than just transportation. Operating as HMSHost, the company is a leading – Read more