HMS Host

HMS Host Employee Reviews

fun place
sales (Former Employee), DFW Airport, TXJune 29, 2015
Pros: company offers you the chance to move up
Cons: managers don't consider your opinions
job by itself is fun and interesting cause everyday is completely different; you can learned not only about your job but other jobs within your areas and is easy to grow up within the company due to employees changes constantly, cause some managers do not have people skills
fast paced money maker
Server Bartender Supervisor Trainer (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 22, 2015
fun to work in the airport liked my fellow employees management could have cared more and been more honest Not all employees were treated equal
stay away from D concourse at CLT
food service (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2015
Pros: good benefits, good pay, SOME managers ok, great co workers
Cons: some managers extremely unprofessional, run concourse like high school, poor union
Management operates like a middle or high school. They will also smile in your face but at the end of your shift write you up or terminate you without notice if you do not kiss their behinds. The concourse manager is especially a snake and a coward. I hear other concourses operate very differently, but be very careful on D concourse and transfer to another concourse as soon as you can. They will work you to the bone and ask you for favors, but if you can't make a shift/late all is forgotten.
Its not a good working environment when you have someone hire than you like management looki ng over like your doing something wrong.
cook1 (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2015
management is very poor. And they also dont hire you for the position you applied for. I feel like this company was not professional enough for me. I feel like they dont give you a chance to show your professionalism. And they descriminate and make you feel your not part of their team.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Free Food
Cons: Store has to stay open for flight delays
Working here was very fun. Because the job was located in the airport i was able to learn the FCC Regulations. Running for 4 locations taught me how to prioritize what needs to be done 1st. All my co-workers where great to work with and my manager was great. The only thing i didn't like about this job was that in the morning at the airport the internal train did not start running til 5 i had to pick up money bags and walk to the store.
Busy Work Environment!
Server (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 2, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, large earning potential and structured schedule!
Cons: Parking situation
When you're working at the airport, there's rarely a day that you are not busy. As a server or bartender, you will always have consistent business year round. Great place to work if you are looking to make a lot of money in the service industry!
mangament was rude and took advantage
Ruby Rest Stop (Current Employee), Ruby, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: half off of our lunch when we go on break.
Cons: short breaks
learned to work with a smile on my face and to not be shy anymore. learned to clean, cook, and it worked on my strength. most of my co workers were nice but everywhere you go you will get some people that are just not nice. that doesn't bother me though. the hardest part of the job is standing for 12 hours straight no breaks. the most enjoyable thing at work but be being slow and talking to my co workers and messing around and talking.
It's a never a dull moment at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Int'l Airport
Kiosk Cashier (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Discounted Marta breezecard
Cons: Short breaks
Being that Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Int'l Airport is the world's busiest airport in the world it comes with its good, bad & ugly of experiences but at the end of the day it's a great place to work.
Associte (Current Employee), Carlisle, PAMay 22, 2015
HMS is a great company to get your food in the door somewhere. You saw something different everyday. Volume of customers can be one of the hardest parts of the job.
management is horrible
Barista (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches
i dont like the way they treat their employees at starbucks. i loved working with my co workers and interacting with customers
fun place to work yes
Cashier/Retail (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: now no more free lunch.
I very like this job but what they pay was no very good
but they try so good I like my manager he is so nice was a good place to work.
Productive and fast pace work place.
Utility Clerk (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: short breaks, medical care insurance etc.
Fast pace environment.
The manager there is always on top of things.
Some co-workers are there to get the job done but some are not.
I did't really have difficulties at this job.
Getting to meet new people is the beat part of this job.
Money is great. Mangement has alot to be desired
Bartender and Server (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 12, 2015
Working at the airport was the best job , never boring and made great tips. Mangement has no clue what the other mangers are doing. There is no communication
A fun place to work with always something different going on.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches, bus passes, being appresiated for the job you do at work, being able to work at the airport
Cons: short breaks, not having enough help when things need to be done
getting to work and getting my register. Helping out where needed depending on how busy it is when I get to work. Getting through the busy times. Keeping the area clean. being on register and getting to help the guest with taking there orders and getting it to them.
Fast paced enviroment
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Charlotte N.C.April 30, 2015
Pros: Meal tickets
Cons: Very short breaks
At HMS Host we start pretty early in the morning and work at a fast pace for majority of the day with very little down time. My co-workers are a close nit unit that needs each other to consistently work together to complete task at hand.
I grew up with this company.
Cook/Dishwasher/Server (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunches. Holiday pay. Flexible schedule. Full-time benefits.
Cons: Short breaks. Sometimes certain co-workers poor work ethic.
My first job was Publix as a stock boy. I wasn't very much a hard worker like I am today. I was terminated from Publix and stayed un-employed for quite some time until HMS Host called me and said they'd have me come in. I then started working at Starbucks.

Starbucks was an enjoyable experience. Though it was stressful at times, it was a fun job to have. I had the availability to talk to people from around the world since I was working within the Jacksonville International Airport. I also love coffee, so in return, I made people's coffee with that love. The hardest part of that job was the people. Sometimes you're only as strong as your weakest link and when your crew isn't all there and/or calling out every 2-4 days... it becomes super hard. I was a supervisor and had to open my store at 5am in the morning to 12pm. That was also a tad bit hard.

My manager at the time was over a restaurant called Sam Snead's and Starbucks. She asked if I would have liked a change in atmosphere and try cooking. I took the opportunity and pay raise. I cooked there for about a year. I went in with no prior experience but management quickly noticed that I was a natural. I was complimented on my skills off the bat and I ended up loving making food for people as much as I loved making coffee. So, Sam Snead's was a fun experience but I wanted something a little more fast paced. So then Shula's comes into play.

Shula's, oh boy. By far the most stressful job I have ever had. The volume we deal with is large considering the airport. A typical day now is me coming in, making sure the line is – more... ready to go for the day and then jumping between prepping/dishwashing. I cook a good portion of the day but there's always more to do. My co-workers happen to be some of the best I've had. There again, the being as strong as your weakest link comes back into play, I've watched the staff get fired or quit. I'm not the senior cook at Shula's with one of the best crews I've seen. There's a couple of guys with some poor work ethic but the rest of us work around them.

My management through the years has been off and on. Managers have come and gone. My current manager is ex-military. Sometimes he's a little too rough around the edges but the man gets things done and I respect him irregardless of our differences at times. He also respects me for being the hard worker I am. The other upper management isn't all there sometimes but hey, can't expect them to be 110% all the time. Seeing as though Shula's has 3 different managements watching over it in the airport.

I am not sure if this is a review I just put up. Maybe more of a personal review lacking the personal information. If you read this all, awesome. – less
A high-paced customer serviced oriented company.
Administrative Assistant/Cash Room Associate (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Organizing special calandar events for associates.
Cons: scheduling issues
My day would start with answering and solving all cash descrepancies for prior days. Solving customer issues as well as associate issues. Researching and solving payroll issues including scheduling and correct/verifying associate hours. For the past 4 months, company management has been absent because of transfers and promotions. I loved working with all different personalities and backgrounds of associates.
Fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 31, 2015
This job would have been a job I can see myself having A CAREER out of. The co workers was someone you can get alone with vey well. I learned how to put my customers first at all times
worst job i ever had
Barista/Cashier/Server (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 13, 2015
Aero was my first job and by the far the worst job i ever had. Although i got good deals on clothes for christmas gifts, never received a lot of hours.
great place to work!
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYMarch 9, 2015
SHAKE SHACK WAS APART OF THIS COMPANY. LLOCATED IN JFK. IT WAS FUN I LOVED MY TEAM AND WE GOT THE JOB DONE EVERYTIME. SUCH A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE.

1 2 3 4 5

About HMS Host

Autogrill Group knows some travelers hunger for more than just transportation. Operating as HMSHost, the company is a leading – Read more

HMS Host Salaries