HMS Employee Reviews

I love my job I just relocated to a new area
Insurance Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 25, 2017
I hate to leave my company but the commute is starting to take atoll on my finances and my car and spending time with my daughter looking forward to moving on to an even better opportunity.
Demanding, Professional,
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJApril 24, 2017
As part of a small team, we would serve several hundred customers a shift. We would cook the food, service the food, and work the registers. During a single shift, one would handle a minimum of a thousand dollars which he/she would be responsible for.
Very fun place to work
Host (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 22, 2017
I had worked in a mall location which was very busy on weekends. This is one of my all time favorite jobs as it paid well and gave a lot of hours. Moving up in the company wasn't impossible and the days went by fast. Management for the most part was very easy to get along with and were friendly.
Pros
Easy to move up
Cons
Management didnt keep an eye on a lot of employees
horrible
Cashier and food prep (Former Employee) –  Bowmansville, PAApril 17, 2017
managers werent very nice, it was hard to schedule life events around work, unwilling to work with schoole schedule, coworkers were nice to work with.
Classic Company and great summer job
Host (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDApril 14, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with peers and having an opportunity to meet a variety of interesting people from all over the world.
Pros
Discounted meals
Worst Job
Host (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 11, 2017
This job had the worst management, constantly understaffed! Management above me would do anything to save a dollar. It was by far the my worst/ most stressful job! I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here ever!
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Everything that Matters
Stressful place to work
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2017
Good place to work, but the company needs to improve training. Most people are put on the floor before they are competent enough to do their jobs properly.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor training
Great place to work. HMS in Windsor CT.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTApril 8, 2017
I am a current employee of HMS in Windsor CT. The PEOPLE are great, teams work closely together. Management appreciates your hard work and they express it. It's always nice to hear, "you're doing a great job " and we appreciate it. A typical day is rewarding. Two to three processes to keep the day busy. If your like me , you like working different projects. Keeps the day interesting. My boss is goal focused and very knowledgeable!!!!
Pros
Good Working environment.
Cons
Can't think of any
It is a a good stepping stone.
Union Shop Steward, Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 6, 2017
It is a good company in regards benefits and wages. it does get mentally trying at times with the amount of tables per server; due to consistently running out of product and needing a manager.
Pros
Free lunch
Never Again
Host (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 3, 2017
I don't know if it was just because it was an airport, or if it was that airport in particular, but it was one of the worst jobs I've ever had. I was a manager but had managers over me and a large staff below me. Both were unworkable. the staff below me didn't listen because everyone above me was telling them different ways, so they were confused and frustrated. the management above me and on my level were uncooperative at best, nearly hostel at worst.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
HR, bad corporate ladder, no flexibility
Good company to work for
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 3, 2017
Good company to work for.
Very supportive environment and great people to work with.
When I started working for them it did not take me long for I got converted to full time.
Pros
Supportive enviroment
Worked in HMS
Consultant (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 3, 2017
Was consultant and was not entitled to receive any benefits. Employees get good benefits like medical insurance and holiday food and sick leaves and paid time offs.
My time as a sales associate/cashier
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2017
A typical day is greeting customers and completing transactions in a timely fashion. I learned how to market merchandise. My management team was effective and helpful. The work environment was pleasant. The hardest part was standing and the most enjoyable was assisting customers.
Pros
Free lunch and bus rides
Cons
Short breaks
Company needs much improvement
Bartender/Waitress (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 13, 2017
Would work for HMS but at different locations, managers need much improvement and cleaning methods need to improve. Raises should be given as explained during orientation.
Very fast paced
Host (Former Employee) –  West Unity, OHMarch 8, 2017
I enjoyed meeting all the new faces that traveled thru the plaza however management needed a lot of help with working as a team and working with there employees. I feel there should have been more teamwork and less unstructured time.
Its okay
Server, Host, To-Go Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2017
Wouldn't recommend to people who are looking to progress. Management makes it obvious that they do not care about employee and they are only there for a check. There is a high turn over for a reason..
best
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63145March 6, 2017
they have they ups and dpwns but they pay really well itz a very learning job you don't have stay in one place at this job they give you a chance to grow
High Volume
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 21, 2017
Typically day wake up at 3 am to make it to work by 5am. Got hired as a line cook but soon turned into their prep cook and floating back and forth. Hired on from externship role
Cooked for two concepts; Le Grand Orange and Chelsea’s Kitchen
Executed guest orders under pressure in timely, fast-paced environment
Full menu of breakfast, lunch and dinner items
Pros
Externship complete
Cons
Pay
Good place to work with terrible management
Host (Former Employee) –  Clyde, OHFebruary 8, 2017
From my experience working for HMS host in clyde, the management was so poor we were basically free to do as we pleased. My schedule always had more hours than I had asked.
Pros
Sense of freedom
Bitter Sweet work place
Host-LAX (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2017
This place is really how you make it. Sometimes management can disappear and your searching for them. Not that much training just throws you in there and expects you to get it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HMS. Our community is ready to answer.