HMS Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 22, 2016
I was hired as a Cashier but learned to pick up different skills in the restaurant in order to assist others wherever needed. Although, I picked up more skills to benefit myself they were not noticed. I learned that no matter how much harder you work for this company it doesn't mean you will get recognition. Co-workers were harsh and me along with three others were harassed by the general manager. Then we were treated as if nothing happened. This job was stressful, not because of the job but the environment. Another Manager even made personal comments about my weight.
Productive workplace with lots of opportunity to grow.
Host, Starbucks (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN 55111May 9, 2016
I loved working for HMS Host. Everyone was fun to work and grow with and I was able to meet all kinds of people because we were located in the airport. Management was always good at communicating with the employees and I had many opportunities to move up positions.
Pros
Paid lunches, plenty of open shifts and OT hours.
Cons
breaks seemed short, and tranfering between stores seemed impossible.
Productive Environment with great people
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 28, 2016
Come in, talk hand in hand with our government inspector about the parts he was looking at for us so that he could approve of them. I enjoyed working here because the co-workers I had were great people and became friends after a while and it made the job much easier. I did not like the ownership, He made the job hard to do and it was overwhelming at times, but overall it was very positive for me when I worked there.
Fast paced, quicly changing environment.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 23, 2016
Small family owned company with huge emphasis on family. Exciting work environment, often and quickly changing scope of work on day to day basis.
Very small, so little room for growth and advancement.
Positive work environment.
Government bid work with DOD which entails fluctuating work loads.
Pros
Family atomosphere
Cons
no room for growth, short sighted business sense.
Great place, great people
Host (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2016
HMS host is a giant company with a lot of room for advancement and relocation. I worked in Las Vegas Nevada at the McCarran airport and I don't have a bad thing to say about this company. They take their training very seriously, and their employees seriously. Really was a terrific experience.
Pros
great training and advancement opportunities
Cons
nothing bad to say
Great experience
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJFebruary 16, 2016
I was a cashier when I started and the management was a mess. New management came in and the store progressively got better. A typical day is pretty calm and very well organized as long as supervisors do what we must to ensure quality of work.
Pros
Advancement, free break meals, good management
Cons
many employees don't care for their job
Work was blah
cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 3, 2016
A typical day at work wasn't anything special. Management was a little less than helpful. My co-workers were trying to get by just like I was. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who are ungratefull. Most enjoyable part was getting to work with the people that actually tried. I learned to be patient and keep my mouth shut when a customer was unagreeable
Pros
Free food, Good pay
Cons
Busy and chaotic work place
HMS Host/El Taco/Longhorns (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2016
I would typically have to keep moving at all times. It could get busy at any time. Working there you would have to be organized and know how to multi task. I enjoyed when food would come out perfectly cooked.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Occasional long nights
All about the profits
Medicaid Caseworker/Subrogation Department (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 16, 2016
I enjoy my actual job due to at the end of the day what I do is get tax payers money back. I enjoy interacting with the attorney's and paralegals. They teach me something new everyday about the law and keep me on my toes. Now the company in it self or at least my department is not organized and most of management does not know what we actually do or how to do our job. Instead of helping us be better and faster. They slow us down and like to do the same action over and over where we are going in circles before we even attempt to reach or finish a task. Basically, something that may only take a hour to do they will have it take 7 to 10 days. Management take advantage of the ones that work hard and give extra. The ones that do not get babied and there hand gets held. It takes over a year to get fired. You get rewarded for laziness and punished and stepped on for hard work.
Pros
getting some type of pay check
Cons
health insurance, penny raises, no recognition with reward
Employee summary
Server (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 20, 2016
Location where I worked was a great location, but the management was never around to support its staff as well as no communication.
Pros
great location, great food, reasonable prices
Cons
Management is always missing, no structure, very bi-est
every job is different
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 21, 2016
Great job location changes frequently sometimes indoors many times outdoors too. customers are usually a joy to work for. rewarding job many clients have been waiting for many years to remodel.
production based work place with a relaxing environment
Verification Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 1, 2016
Researching insurance coverage and entering/updating information.
Great hours. Good opportunities for advancement.
Pros
hours, location and the people
Cons
deadlines and immediate management
productive and a fun workplace
Host Chelsea's Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2016
a typical day at work was to open at 5:30am. Made the floor plan charts for the servers. Made sure To-Go was all set up. The Management wasnt the best and i doubt it will ever change.
benefits
Cons
management
Professional and Satisfying Work Enviroonment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMFebruary 16, 2016
HMS is a great place to work where the company cares about you, as an individual, and you are equipped for success with great training. The environment is professional, and the work is satisfying.
fast paced, fun environment
Host (Former Employee) –  Lawn, PAJanuary 17, 2016
Traveling people are always fun to talk to. Even though it is on the turnpike, you still get your regular customers. I love talking about where they were headed or coming back from. It was always great to see someone smile after a long trip!
unfair wages
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHOctober 12, 2015
I was paid less for overtime than my regular hourly wages and was paid even less for my holiday pay. No matter how hard I worked and worked extra hours because some didn't come to work or was always late I was still treated unfairly. I was harassed by some co-workers and management and nothing was done about it. I was fired and when I filled for unemployment benefits the company tried to say I quit.
Pros
You met some stars traveling through the airport
Cons
You have to put up with a lot of verbal abuse from people because, they are related to someone with an office or they are friends.
great job opportunities
TPR, Third Party Representative, Florida Medicaid (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 11, 2016
great place to grow in your career field. great hours and benefits. nice friendly employee and management. work in your own pace
Work is easy if people show up
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Clyde, OHApril 25, 2016
hard to get good employees to stay
nobody wants to work weekends
Job is really easy if people show up
Summers are really busy
Pros
free lunches
Cons
fast environment
I really liked working for HMS Host it was one of my favorite jobs and still is I really miss it very much.
Host (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 9, 2015
I am really a hard worker and I really learned a lot about how the computers work. My co-workers got away with a lot of stuff all the time like talking on the phone all the time and I couldn't do it so it wasn't right. My most enjoyable part is that the bosses always were so nice to me and respected me and I really appreciate that.
Excellent Work Environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2015
I was working at the San Diego airport as cashier at Pizza Hut so my daily task was to work mainly with international customers in fast-paced working environment.

I have improved my English skills, my co-workers were reliable as well as the management team.

I do not remember if there was a hardest part of the job but the most enjoyable part was deffinitely the communucation with people from all around the world.
Pros
Free lunches, uniform.
Cons
Long hours standing up.