HMS

HMS Employer Reviews

it was bad
Host (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: co workers were cool
Cons: low pay
just bad... old ketchup .. dirty.. managers stole money. Over worked and underpaid. I honestly don't have anything good to say about this job. it was a job to hold me down until I found something better and it did. They closed it down in Newark Airport and shut all the HMS host owned stores and im glad they did.
Terrible place to work
Cashier/Food Attendant (Former Employee), Clyde, OhioFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day involved working by yourself when seven buses came and nobody helped you out. The management was absolutely terrible. The hardest part of the job was dealing with my manager. There was nothing enjoyable about this job.
Not a great place for advancement
Associate (Former Employee), Concord, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: tidious work
Typical day of work i maintaining the store and providing for customers. I received my first customer service experience there. Management was not great. Co-workers worked when they were there... Not really a hard part to this job, simple teenager job. This job is not enjoyable
productive
Station Attendant (Current Employee), Hebron, KYFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: n/a
very busy place where you meet a lot of different people from a lot of different backgrounds and cultures. I learned a lot about the restaurant industry
Never a dull moment in the airport.
Host (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: possibilities to advance, wonderful co-workers
Cons: odd hours or operation, over turn high.
Lead Supervisor
Cash management
Ordering Stock
Helping Associates
Helping two other Restaurants
Opening and closing
Having airport security clearance
Fun and active work environment.
Host (Former Employee), College Park, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free lunches, benefits, and opputunites to advance.
Cons: short hours
I found that working at Hms Host was a great way to meet people from different cultures. It was exciting to go into work knowing that I could meet just about 100 people from different cultures.
High school kid job
Host (Current Employee), Waterloo, NYFebruary 10, 2015
This was my first and current job. I still work there because they are understanding of my school schedule, and on breaks from school I receive a 40 hour/week work load that I need to pay my bills.
Great place to work for the summer
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2015
IF you love to people this is the place you get to meet all types of people there and explain different menu items etc . I wish I could give it more stars but my computer is acting up
very fast pace
Host (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2015
There was always so much to do. The people I worked with were excellent workers. The management could have been a little different. They had people managing that had no restaurant experience.
Productive, fast paced and fun environmet
Customer Service/ FFA (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: free lunches, good benefits
Working together with co workers to get the job done and provide exceptional customer service to our customers. learning how to multi task
Fast pace and very stressful place to work at.
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee), Somerset, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: paid lunch breaks, co-workers
Cons: rude managers, under-appreciated, taken advantage of
I've worked at HMS for 2 years and in that time, I've learned that you cant please everyone. There is no "right way" to do things because everyone has their "own" right way. I've seen so many people come and go at the Plaza, people don't last very long there. However, I've made some life-long friends here and I've learned some of life's hardest lessons here.
Great first job.
Barista (Former Employee), Westlake, OHJanuary 29, 2015
What teenager/ young adult wouldn't love working for a brand that they wear yet along love? Working here was my first job and the valuable experience I have gained over the years started folding clothes on the sales floor. The staff is always upbeat as well as the guest who frequent the establishment. Great first job.
My job at HMS
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), South Amboy, NJJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: very good compensation as an hourly manager.
Cons: hostile work environment that caused me to resign.
I worked at a location that was at rest stop on a national highway. I did not mind the work I did, even when we were extremely busy because of the amount of people that came in on a consistent basis. I learned how personalities can interfere with the way a business is run. There was a new manager who came into the store, and he did not like the management staff that was there, so he did everything he could within reason to get rid of them one by one. That is when I had to resign because it became a hostile work environment that I did not want to be subjected to. The hardest part of the job was when there was a concert located down the street that had over 10,000 people there, where 500 or so people would visit my location after they left there for refreshments. The most enjoyable part of the job was at times when celebrities traveling would stop in also. Very good compensation as an hourly manager. When the position was turned into a salaried position, there was a drop in the compensation for the work done.
Staff scheduling
Receiving and Audit Specialist- Data (Current Employee), Atlanta Ga.January 22, 2015
Pros: stable company
Creating orders for airport retail stores, supervise pulling of orders and posting to systems. Check in all vendors. Monitor staff assigments.
Small establishment, Fast paced and Heavy traffic flow
Station Attendant (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJJanuary 13, 2015
•Before the restaurant opens, make sure all the ingredients and raw materials are in stock. Also, ensure tables and chairs are properly laid out and the work area is clean.

•Take food and beverage orders from the customers. Record the orders in the order taking system for record keeping.

•Communicate the order to the chef or the kitchen staff. Also be required to help in basic food/beverage preparation.

•Serve food to the customers.

•Pick up used plates and debris from the tables.

•Ensure napkins, cutlery, straws etc. are made available at each table or on customers demand.

•Clean dishes, table counters and floor space.

•Process the bill and present it to the customers. Collect bill payment and deposit at the cash counter.
i need a better job
Verifications specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 13, 2015
I dont have much to say. its a job and i need a better one needs better leadership
A great place for me to be informed about coffee and latte drinks plus i was able to meet many people working in the airport
Barista (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch, and coffee drinks plus a safe secure work place
Cons: alot of grumpy people in the mornings
a typical day for after getting through security was prepping my register for the next rush to come in around 6:30 a.m. making sure the coffee machines have been restarted and refilled my pastry case is full and attractive. Then just get ready to take guest orders, I learned a lot about different types of coffee beans and about how starbucks gives back to the community. Management was pretty good and always encouraged us to upsale, My co-workers were great they trained me really well on what to do and it was refreshing to have so much multi-cultural awareness. the hardest part was keeping up with all the drink orders and certain details if they didn't know exactly what they wanted. One of the best things I liked about working there was getting to have my starbucks everyday
lack of pride in the company
Host (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: not enough hours
I would often walk into a location that was not shut down properly and I would not get any help when needing crucial things to open properly. Management was often absent and co workers were left alone too often. the hardest part of the job was not being able to have good communication with management and other co workers. I did enjoy the people I worked with.
A good place to get some costumer service experience.
Host (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 24, 2014
I found work at HMS to be a moderately valuable place of employment as far as food and beverage service goes. You get good experience handling the public in a high energy atmosphere.
Cooking at a fast food in the mall .
Host (Former Employee), Lakewood, CODecember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: gets reallly busy
At the mall it could get every busy, so as a team member I stay busy helping my customer's out get there food as quickly as possible

1 2 3 4 5