HMSHost

HMSHost Employee Reviews

Nice Work Place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Wall, NJAugust 27, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. I enjoy going to work everyday. Always looked forward to work. I enjoy the hours that i currently work.
fun in the AIrport
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 27, 2015
its fun working here its like 200 employees you make a lot of friends everybody pretty much friendly uniforms always nice and clean and food is always hot
cool
Csr (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 26, 2015
RUNNNNNN cool pay checks tho managment do not care about you or your life very easy to get out if you dont come on time 90 to get in the union they always hiring and firing people they usually try to get rid of you before you get in the union
A very busy and up temple work place
accounting clerk iii (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2015
At HMS Host I over seen a large quantity of invoices daily.My responsibility involved reporting to the management and tracking the product that was spended and keeping the cost down. If a problem arises I would analyze the error, contacting the management and vendor to resolve the discrepancies. Using my expertise the problem would be corrected and handle accordingly.
Good for a first job
Associate (Current Employee), Hammonton, NJAugust 22, 2015
Pros: $12.00 lunch
Cons: Scheduling
I like working for HMS Host. I like the fact we are given $12.00 for lunch. Work days go by pretty fast since its busy in the summer. Management could be better, especially at making the schedules.
Good company
Supervisor (Current Employee), CharlotteAugust 16, 2015
fast pace environment, always a curve ball coming during your shift. You can never go as the plan, just plan as you go.
Very busy, everyday. However, it is a great environment to work at. I get to see new people everyday and it is fun to see different people.
Sometimes the unexpected things happen and we all just have to deal with it.
Own office, management inventory software
F&B Operations Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: No advancement opportunity & benfits
Start at 7am, review Cost of Sales, training, communication, emails, help management control cost, recipe development.
Its a great place to work just not enough hours
Cashier (Current Employee), ElversomAugust 9, 2015
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: no hours
I love working there has great people anyone would love working with it just the are not giving me enough hours that i need for college.
Fast pace environment in the food industry.
District Manager (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Fast pace environment
Cons: None
Busy job, must have a sense of urgency. Great staff to work with. Customer based environment, meeting and greeting customers is a joy and some customers were regulars.
Decent pay and raises, great opportunities for advancement but poor culture
Cashier (Former Employee), ChicagoJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Basically free lunch, paid breaks, opportunities
Cons: Work culture
The job could be tough at times. Our particular restaurant seemed to go through cashiers every week, not because of the tough job, but because of the culture. Everyone was cool enough to get along with, but there was a bit of a mean girl attitude from some of the higher seniority cashiers that management didn't really do anything about, and it drove away potentially good cashiers. Not too many places at this job level pay as well and you get raises every so often, holiday pay, seniority really matters here as far as what days you get off and who gets open jobs. I took orders and did expo, didn't really enjoy it but the pay was decent. I would have hung in there but the clique-i-ness was starting to get to me
Fun entertaining atmosphere
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: horrible management. No communication.
I would work in the bookstore. I supervised four stores. I work on almost of the airports concourses. The hardest part of the job as a supervisor was to provide a break to an associate and having to be the only one who could give a refund on another concourse and being unable to leave the store I was giving a break in.
i give it one stars
Bathroom cleaner (Former Employee), ruby,new yorkJuly 10, 2015
Pros: they mobney is good there you get raised there every year.
Cons: bad boss need to replace her
I work at hmshost in Ruby New York. it sucks and they need a better boss. they need help with that job. In my opinion is they need a better boss to get rid of lisha wagar and replace her. then that place would be better and they wouldn't keep having people quitting left and right.
Not a great company to work for
Store manager - multi-concept (Former Employee), illinoisJuly 6, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no breaks for salary employees
long, demanding hours. Company does not recognize loyalty or longevity. Company does not help staff when crisis situations arrise.
Great Boss
Cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2015
Great place to work. I really loved it! Lovely people, great location and generally speaking awesome environment. I would definitely recommend working here.
work here if you want a life full of stress
server (Former Employee), las vegasJune 19, 2015
Pros: pay rate and tips
Cons: everything else
As a former employee i can say how glad i am to be gone. The working conditions are deplorable. During the summer the A/C in nearly every unit doesnt work so hope you enjoy sweating through your clothes. Also be prepared to pay out of pocket for your lunch everyday as the meal allowance doesnt cover the rediclous prices for most food items, and in alot of units you can't even use your meal allowance – more... so you have to pay out right. If you want bottles of water or Gatorade be prepared to pay for those too.
The managers are TERRIBLE. They do not care what happens to you period. you are a number not a human. Do not expect room to advance or grow this is not a company that promotes from within. Do yourself a favor before you apply read the restaurant reviews for their units on facebook or yelp. And after you read the hundreds of bad reviews then you can deside if they are a company you want to be a part of. – less
making drinks
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Drinks
Cons: short breaks
I liked very much worked at starbucks, the service, the quality of customers, the patience we have to the customers, great good team
bartender rsw
restaurant server and bartender (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJune 13, 2015
Management Horrible Horrible working conditions with all their rules, very stressful, if they don't like you watch out, cut throat
Needs improvement
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lihue, HIJune 12, 2015
Co workers are the most fun to work with. Although management needs a little improvement. Other than that, it's a good place to work.
just for college students.
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee), Queens, NYJune 10, 2015
This job is mainly for college students who just want to make money.Management is lacking a lot of communication skills.
Productive Energetic Atmoshphere
Snack Bar Attendant (Former Employee), Concord, NCJune 9, 2015
I love being in an environment where I felt wanted also able to build relationships with customers and staff. A typical day would be prepping, cleaning and cooking food and operating the cash register. I've learned patience working with HMSHost because they have lots of customers that are very opinionated. The hardest part of the job was trying to satisfy everyone but once you get the hang of things it comes natural.
Industry