HMSHost Employee Reviews

Good co-workers
Breakfast Cook cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX.July 25, 2017
Working for HMSHost at LoveField Airport was fun. Met many exciting and interesting people. Great company to work with. Benefits were excellent. But, there's always something that is going to happen. The hiring of those who don't have the ability in a leadership role to keep things in a business manner.
Pros
$8:00 meal vocher, 401k 100% match
Cons
The shift leaders were to immature for the position
Terrible Company
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 25, 2017
Terrible company, full of lies and untrained employees. It is impossible getting in touch with management and stores are constantly needing repairs and running out of stock.
Pros
Cons
Bad Training, Terrible management
Some ups, some downs
Barista (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 24, 2017
Management is a mess, at least at the location that I work at. Scheduling is always messed up: there's not enough coverage for the day, someone from a different department is scheduled in the wrong place, etc. Management is never anywhere to be found and is not really helpful.
Okay
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2017
It's a okay job to start off with. But I was looking to excelled to the next level in the company. But they have great benefits if you do stick with the company. They also have a union broad for employees.
Cool place
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2017
Nice place to work and a lot of opportunity. a lot of room for growth at every shop they own. people are friendly and outgoing with amazing personalities.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2017
Didn't like the job much cause when I first started to work with this company they was still under contract so we was working in a un finish restaurant and the managers at the time where horrible!
Not worth the stress
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Howe, INJuly 20, 2017
Management is messy and unprepared, started and quit after a couple days because of little training and bad customer service and still have yet to get my pay check it's been three weeks??
Cons
Good pay I just don't know if it's worth it
bad not good
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2017
I was basically miserable. i was not good. treat people ;like garbage. make people feel like replacable things. Yelling at the guest. stealing alot. somany public displays of humiliation. it was really bad for me working in tha tipe of enviroment. regardeless it will hire anyone. if you really need a job they will hire you. they need people cause they alwaysw fire people.
Pros
will hire any one, free lunch
Cons
no benefits, no room for growth
Good benefits and pay but management and Hr lacks professionalism
lead/ barista (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2017
the jobs hms host are very stressful due to management pressure and constant short staff, short product, and malfunctioning/lack of equipment. They hire management that lacks professionalism and experience. Daily starbucks would open without any or sufficient product to get us thru the morning rush. And if you complain or bring up issues to management or HR personal retaliation is expected even though company policy states otherwise. But the pay is good and only reason is because of union contract that guarantee yearly raises. And union contracts helps have a somewhat steady schedule (again depends on mgmt knowledge of doing proper schedules) with steady hours and days off.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
management
Not a good experience
Fry Cook, Cashier, Porter, Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Waterfall, PAJuly 19, 2017
I was there for five years and learned every job possible. I was still treated poorly. The managers are treated poorly by the higher ups and they take it out on you.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Everything else
Overly stressful and poorly organized.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2017
Despite the effort of my managers to do the best they can given the circumstances, we often ended up short handed, customer service was beyond poor...
Pros
Lunch Coupon
Cons
Short Breaks, Union
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJuly 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time working here. The people u work with will become your work family it's just the type of environment that management creates. I worked overnight shift and I met a lot of celebrities during my time there....without their security since it's about 3 am and the place is empty. So they actually have conversation with you. All in all it's a great startup job for a high school kid or college student.
Hms will hire just about anyone
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2017
Jobs polices needs to be followed by the book and rules should be for all. Overall this could be a great company to work for. Hms is a very productive and successful organization. I am very appreciative for the opportunity to be a part of such a dynamic team of staff.
Co-workers are very helpful amd makw the day go by fast
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 17, 2017
Overall it's not a bad company to work for...you just have to stay unbelievably long hours because of delays and having a family on top of that may be challenging. What you were told to expect in your interview doesn't end up being what you receive when you start. Miscommunication amongst management is horrible but the benefits and the pay for the right position makes up for it.
Pros
Free lunches up to $10, friendly associates, diverse people, good benefits, good pay for the right position
Cons
No home/work life balance, horrible comminication amongst management, favoritism, long hours
Horrible Place to Work!!!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 15, 2017
I worked for there for 1 1/2 years and I've seen over 30 people come and go. I've been treated horribly by management and there is blatant favoritism.
Pros
$8 lunch allowance
Cons
Everything Else
Very fast paced and fun work enviornment
Prep /Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2017
Love working for HMS HOST. You get lots of good benefits and they are like family. If you like a fast paced environment then this is definitely the company you want to work for!
Pros
Free lunch medical dental vision 401k PTO vacation hours. SIck leave
Fun place
Barista (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 12, 2017
I would recommend this place as a good place to work because of the health insurance. But for the management team very rude and not too professional. I would not be glad to go back to this place the.
I enjoyed working at the airport with a lot of nice people.
Financial Assistant/Clerical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHJuly 8, 2017
I counted the daily sales and made up bank deposit and took it to the bank, input invoices into computer, inventory, answered phone line. eating free lunches, nothing was hard. I had a very nice management team. Learned a lot about computer programs, payroll, employee files, daily sales processing. I thought I would work there till I retired.
Not good
Barista (Current Employee) –  Mantua, OHJuly 8, 2017
The managers are terrible. One clearly picks favorites and the other actually leaves during her shift.
I was told during my interview that I would start at a certain wage but then was only put at $8.50/hr. This is unacceptable when they expect you to learn and be able to work at each concept in the plaza.
Pros
Up to $8 to eat a day, flexible scheduling
Cons
Pay, management
fun productive place
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2017
It was OK i did not really feel one way or the other about. Like my coworkers and mangers. hated having to go through security everyday. Job could sometimes be annoying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HMSHost. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9