HMSHost

HMSHost Employee Reviews

Fast pace environment in the food industry.
District Manager (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Fast pace environment
Cons: None
Busy job, must have a sense of urgency. Great staff to work with. Customer based environment, meeting and greeting customers is a joy and some customers were regulars.
Decent pay and raises, great opportunities for advancement but poor culture
Cashier (Former Employee), ChicagoJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Basically free lunch, paid breaks, opportunities
Cons: Work culture
The job could be tough at times. Our particular restaurant seemed to go through cashiers every week, not because of the tough job, but because of the culture. Everyone was cool enough to get along with, but there was a bit of a mean girl attitude from some of the higher seniority cashiers that management didn't really do anything about, and it drove away potentially good cashiers. Not too many places at this job level pay as well and you get raises every so often, holiday pay, seniority really matters here as far as what days you get off and who gets open jobs. I took orders and did expo, didn't really enjoy it but the pay was decent. I would have hung in there but the clique-i-ness was starting to get to me
Fun entertaining atmosphere
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: horrible management. No communication.
I would work in the bookstore. I supervised four stores. I work on almost of the airports concourses. The hardest part of the job as a supervisor was to provide a break to an associate and having to be the only one who could give a refund on another concourse and being unable to leave the store I was giving a break in.
i give it one stars
Bathroom cleaner (Former Employee), ruby,new yorkJuly 10, 2015
Pros: they mobney is good there you get raised there every year.
Cons: bad boss need to replace her
I work at hmshost in Ruby New York. it sucks and they need a better boss. they need help with that job. In my opinion is they need a better boss to get rid of lisha wagar and replace her. then that place would be better and they wouldn't keep having people quitting left and right.
Not a great company to work for
Store manager - multi-concept (Former Employee), illinoisJuly 6, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no breaks for salary employees
long, demanding hours. Company does not recognize loyalty or longevity. Company does not help staff when crisis situations arrise.
Great Boss
Cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2015
Great place to work. I really loved it! Lovely people, great location and generally speaking awesome environment. I would definitely recommend working here.
work here if you want a life full of stress
server (Former Employee), las vegasJune 19, 2015
Pros: pay rate and tips
Cons: everything else
As a former employee i can say how glad i am to be gone. The working conditions are deplorable. During the summer the A/C in nearly every unit doesnt work so hope you enjoy sweating through your clothes. Also be prepared to pay out of pocket for your lunch everyday as the meal allowance doesnt cover the rediclous prices for most food items, and in alot of units you can't even use your meal allowance so you have to pay out right. If you want bottles of water or Gatorade be prepared to pay for those too.
The managers are TERRIBLE. They do not care what happens to you period. you are a number not a human. Do not expect room to advance or grow this is not a company that promotes from within. Do yourself a favor before you apply read the restaurant reviews for their units on facebook or yelp. And after you read the hundreds of bad reviews then you can deside if they are a company you want to be a part of.
making drinks
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Drinks
Cons: short breaks
I liked very much worked at starbucks, the service, the quality of customers, the patience we have to the customers, great good team
bartender rsw
restaurant server and bartender (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJune 13, 2015
Management Horrible Horrible working conditions with all their rules, very stressful, if they don't like you watch out, cut throat
Needs improvement
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lihue, HIJune 12, 2015
Co workers are the most fun to work with. Although management needs a little improvement. Other than that, it's a good place to work.
just for college students.
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee), Queens, NYJune 10, 2015
This job is mainly for college students who just want to make money.Management is lacking a lot of communication skills.
Productive Energetic Atmoshphere
Snack Bar Attendant (Former Employee), Concord, NCJune 9, 2015
I love being in an environment where I felt wanted also able to build relationships with customers and staff. A typical day would be prepping, cleaning and cooking food and operating the cash register. I've learned patience working with HMSHost because they have lots of customers that are very opinionated. The hardest part of the job was trying to satisfy everyone but once you get the hang of things it comes natural.
if you can't handle the work, don't apply.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Nashville, tnJune 2, 2015
Pros: great staff, good benefits, good pay
Cons: short break, management not supportive
The employees already don't want to work so you need to motivate them. The schedule you want doesn't really matter they will schedule you when you need to. I interviewed to get a morning job but they had me close anyway and when I talked to management they said it was what the business required. They desperately hire anybody so you work with criminals that somehow passed the background. Several have been arrested there at the airport. Management doesn't support you even when they promise to. They make decisions for you that have not been discussed. Lot of favortism. Extremely busy with customers constantly complaining about their flight boarding soon and they try to get you to hurry up. Work long hours all the time, no recognition or support from higher up. Scheduling conflicts every week. If you can't handle the amount of work don't work here. Employees are supportive and awesome.
Not worth it.
cook (Former Employee), manchester, nhMay 23, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
Hours are not set, never fully staffed, tiny kitchens, always grumpy coworkers. Very bad choice to work there only good choice was leaving.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND LOVE THE DIVERSITY
Head Line Cook (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 12, 2015
I REALLY ENJOY WORKING FOR HMSHOST BECAUSE OF THE FLEXIBILITY AND THE PEOPLE. I JUST WISH THE COMPANY HOURLY PAY WAS A LITTLE BIT MORE .
Good money
Bartender, Server (Current Employee), rsw fort myers FloridaMay 3, 2015
Great place to work fast pace environment. Very long hours sometimes very understaffed. A lot of delays which meant longer hours to stay and work.
Fast Pace Airport Environment
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 1, 2015
Pros: Fast pace ever changing dynamics
Cons: Staffing under staffed long hiring process
The hardest part is staffing it takes a month to get anyone in due to the background and security levels needed.

Otherwise everyone is team players
its ok but shady messy co workers
Chick Fil A- host/greeter (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: discount lunch
its ok job pay is ok but watch your back with e co-workers at love field chik fil a very shady messy people i go to work i stock sauces help pass out orders do drinks and refills and box nuggets and try to stay out peoples way the co workers have personal space issues . i enjoy my job they are very flexible when it comes to y doctors appointments and when i ask for off do to me having a kidney transplant and medical issues
I did not paticulalary like this job
Cashier (Current Employee), Montvale, NJApril 22, 2015
I found that this job was necessary for the advancement of my career and improving my skills. I look back on this experience in a positive light but am glad to be moving forward. I learned many things.
Airport Environment
Accounting Clerk II/Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2015
Very fast paced place to work. Turn over very high on the operations side. Learning new things. Not much room for advancement

1 2 3 4 5

About HMSHost

HMSHost is part of Autogrill S.p.A. – the world’s largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Along – Read more

HMSHost Salaries