HMSHost

HMSHost Employer Reviews

N/A
Cashier/Food Prep/Cook (Former Employee), AIRPORT ATLANTA GAMarch 26, 2015
THEY WHERE A GREAT COMPANY .
I LEARN HOW TO BE A BETTER CUSTOMERS SERVICE PERSON.
MANAGEMENT WAS GREAT
CO WORKER WERE GREAT
THE HARDEST PART WAS WORK AT NIGHT
THE CUSTOMERS
Fast paced environment in a changing work setting.
Assistant Director of Human Resources (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 26, 2015
Enjoy communicating with staff at all levels, providing coaching and counseling regarding employee relations, organization development and retention issues. Business partner to operations management to provide Human Resources business expertise.
THIS PLACE WILL EAT YOUR SOUL AND SPIT IT BACK AT YOU
cashier (Current Employee), new baltimore, nyMarch 25, 2015
Pros: some co-workers are great
Cons: everything
DO NOT APPLY, I REPEAT,DO NOT APPLY, the management is awful, the workload is overwhelming as none of the employees seem to want to work, management is one track minded, when they're right they're right, when they're wrong they're right, they play the favorite game, all in all this place doesn't teach you anything except about how horrible people can be and that the highschool mentality persists long after highschool is done. DO NOT APPLY, I REPEAT, DO NOT APPLY
good and nice place
coffemaker at starbucks (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAMarch 23, 2015
well in HMShost everyone was friendly.. and day start very well.. learned how to deal with customer. how to use the machine i am mean coffee machine, and the have good management. and my coworker so friend and loving.. is the cashiering, is to make a wrong coffee like customer says chai late you make pumpkin spice late..
No care, no quality
Cook (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 22, 2015
Pros: smoking room in the airport. sup can't ruin my break.
Cons: healthcare is a joke. wage is a joke. lunch is a joke.
I am a line cook. My typical day was to prepare the entire menu and serve on order.
I have learned NOTHING from this job except how to shut up.
The hardest part of the job is the write-up meetings. None of them were warranted, and all of them was petty.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the kitchen is quiet, and I'm working alone without the usual aggravation. And boy! That kitchen is beautiful whenever I'm angry.
.....
Customer Service (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 17, 2015
Typical day taking orders, food prep, and walking around. I learned to work with people from different backgrounds. My co-workers were the best they kept you energized, they were definitely fun.
worse company to work for
cashier/cook (Current Employee), south somerset, paMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: benefits aren't worth it, management sucks, lazy employees, no discipline
The South Somerset Travel Plaza is the worse place to work. The boss in charge does the scheduling but spends maybe an hour out from in front of her computer every 2 weeks. There were new rules enforced by the company regarding the attendance policy. If you're 6 minutes to am hour late, you receive 1/2 infraction. Anything later (or a call off), you receive 1 infraction. If you leave early from your shift, you receive 1/2 an infraction. Our boss should be setting an example. She comes in hours late and leaves hours early. Its an all the time thing. The supervisors are very inappropriate. That is to be termination and they give them write ups. Also, the boss says to certain people "I like you so I won't write you up" where her hardest working people would get written up for leaving due to a family emergency. Everyone who works there absolutely hates their job. Managers included. And the boss could never get in trouble for half the violations she does, so calling human resources doesn't help. If you work here, I promise you you will want to quit after the first week.
I worked 4 years for HMshhost company starting in october 2010
Cook (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2015
I always be a good employee but due a school reason i quit recently, the luch break was great was one hour. I always respected my coworkers and management
Horrible company, dont not apply.
Porter, Utility, Dishwashing (Current Employee), St. Louis, MO Lambert AirportFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: bad manager, horrible co worker, low pay.
Do not apply to this company it is horrible. The manager did not give me a schedule to work! I came in 1pm - 10pm my first day and the manager did not tell me about a break. So I worked the whole time no break. He told me to come in my second day and he said I would get a schedule I did not get a schedule. I called and left a message but they still did not call me back! My trainer was talking to girls while I did all the work such as trash dishes and also put the dishes back. Do not apply to this job a lot of work to only get paid 8.50
Great Associates
Human Resource Field Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: secured environment, great associates of hmshost
Cons: some of the benefits are costly
Typical work day at HMSHost consisted of associate relations and other duties. Associates of HMSHost are of different cultures and getting to know the associates that are employed at HMSHost was very exciting and the associates are what make the Company. You could not ask for a better group of team members! Had the opportunity to make some real good friends and became a part of their lives.

Benefits in general are great, depending on what the associate desires. Not many Companies will offer 90% reimbursment on College for full time associate, nor can you get 401(K) with Company match with 100% investment upon participation.
Productive work place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Maryland, HanoverFebruary 10, 2015
lot of experience. dealing with different types of people every day. every day getting new thing. cash handling, inventory management.
fun workplace
Manager, LAX (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Everyday i managed three stores
Handled customer complaints
Work was challenging every day but handled it very well
High volume of customers
productive
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), dfw, txFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: advanced quickly
Cons: healthcare
Multitasking, Giving breaks, selling products, and handling any mishaps. This was my first supervisor position, I learned many things about providing what is best for the company and leadership skills. The management is very micro managed. My coworkers trusted in my capabilities.
Work hard, play hard
Proposal Graphic Specialist (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: education benefits
Cons: salary, unbalanced work & life situation
My personal experience with HMSHost has been with the Business Development department of HMSHost. LIke any Business Development department this is a critical role and the success and failure of the company depends on the decisions made at the top. The work is demanding and satisfying, but often cuts into personal time. The pay is more than the average associate but could be better because I often had to work as hard as the executive staff. No bonuses for the low man on the totum pole no matter what you delivered.
TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!!!!!! BEWARE
casiher (Current Employee), Atlanta Airport f cnnJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: not enough hours messy management
I HAVE BEEN WITH THIS COMPANY FOR 2 LONG WASTED YEARS! THE MANGEMENT AT HOST SUCKS I WOULDN'T WISH THIS DUMP ON MY WORST ENEMY ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE LATOYA GOODMAN AS YOUR MANGER SHE IS MESSY JUST LIKE HER HAIR I HAVE NEVER WORKED FOR A MANGER THAT HAS SO MANY PERSONAL ISSUES WITH HER EMPLOYEES I NEVER MET SOMEONE WHO GETS A KICK OUT OF MAKING PEOPLE LIFE SO DIFFICULT SENORITY MEANS NOTHING TO THESE PEOPLE I BEEN HERE 2 YEARS AND STILL WORK 3 DAYS OUT THE WEEK THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO TREAT HARD WORKING PEOPLE. BUT I WAS SO HAPPY WHEN THEY SHIPPED LATOYA OFF TO ANOTHER TERMINAL. NOW I FEEL BAD FOR THE NEW CREW SHE IS ABOUT TO TAKE ON RUN RUNRUNRUN FOR YOUR LIFE
Horrible company to work for
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 23, 2014
Pros: fixable schedule
Cons: bad management and low pay
Turned in my badge on Dec 23, 2014. Couldn't take the disrespect from mangers, they don't know how to talk to their employees. I been working for Hmshost since April 1, 2014 at the Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport in Terminal 1 (TB1) and boy it was a roller coaster ride. They had me work 13 hours a day back to back when they were new to the Airport. That company is very unrecognized. Co-workers would back stab each other and the managers lack communication. The Utility Workers over there don't know the meaning of teamwork. When I'm assigned to wash dishes, no one bothers to help me. You have to remember I'm washing pots, pans, and utensils from various restaurants and that is not a easy job to do. Terminal 1 is the busiest Terminal in the whole airport so you could imagine. Hmshost refuse to be unionized which is one of the reasons why so many of the employees left and found employment in Terminal 3 and 4 which is run by Delaware North where I currently work at. You're lucky if you get any advancement i.e. higher pay, being a supervisor or manager. The overturn rate is high at HmsHost because people are either leaving or getting fired. I wouldn't recommend working for this company unless you enjoy getting mistreated like you're an animal.
Here's the run down
cook (Current Employee), Jim thrope paDecember 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch, they pretty much can work with you with your hours, at the expense of other employees hours, so they are really flexible.
Here the run down of this ppractical plaza, First off for this plaza your base pay is 8$ an hour lead 9 $.You get a free lunch up to 10$ in value (half in hour break) mini smoke break depending on how busy it is. It can be more then 3 sometimes if its not too busy and less then 2 if it is. Peak season you will have all the hours you want (peak season is the whole summer and holiday) and when it slows down you will lose hour, but with people constantly getting fired or quiting that will probably solve that problem for you. Some Employees are good to work with most are backstabber but of course they wont admit it you'll probably here it from the whispers of other employees but if you can ignore that you'll be fine. Management can have there good day and bad. Normally for mangement if things happen like too many people call off or they dont have enough coverages they will start being a dick to the employees. The next day it will be forgotten or they will move on so they wont be a dick for long.Night is usually covered by young adult and morning is covered by older employees.If your not what everyone expects you to be your pretty much a target. Again if you just do your work and ingored them all they can do is just talk. I recommend this job to people who are in school or people who really need money until they get a better job.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hammonton, NJDecember 9, 2014
Pros: paid for lunch
Cons: not too many hours
Work was fun and you learned a lot. It was well managed and ran. I would go back any day if they ha more working hours and it was closer. All the co workers get a long. We were all like family. Hardest part was rude costumers, but you always learn to adjust to that.
Terrible Managment..Don't do IT
Sales (Current Employee), Gerald R. Ford AirportDecember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no "real" breaks, terrible staffing, equiptment does not work, horrid managment
Terrible management, they do not treat employees with respect. It is like working in the stone ages they do not have running printers, they cannot keep cooks hired because they are treated terrible. They run on a minimal amount of staffing so if one person calls in then you do not get a break or any help if you are busy ( but you do have to punch out at the end of your shift and sit there to "take a Break")....There are some nice people who work there...but not many.
So-So Work environment and care
Cook 2 (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch, fun people
Cons: low pay, bad benefits bad management
Working here reminds me how not to be when i take a management position again. The work load is fast and fun but lack of leadership and lack of prepped food makes working here twice as hard. Constant overtime only because people quit faster than they hire. Only here because job is located in the airport.

1 2 3 4 5

About HMSHost

HMSHost is part of Autogrill S.p.A. – the world’s largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Along – Read more

HMSHost Salaries