HMSHost

HMSHost Employee Reviews

Great Boss
Cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2015
Great place to work. I really loved it! Lovely people, great location and generally speaking awesome environment. I would definitely recommend working here.
work here if you want a life full of stress
server (Former Employee), las vegasJune 19, 2015
Pros: pay rate and tips
Cons: everything else
As a former employee i can say how glad i am to be gone. The working conditions are deplorable. During the summer the A/C in nearly every unit doesnt work so hope you enjoy sweating through your clothes. Also be prepared to pay out of pocket for your lunch everyday as the meal allowance doesnt cover the rediclous prices for most food items, and in alot of units you can't even use your meal allowance so you have to pay out right. If you want bottles of water or Gatorade be prepared to pay for those too.
The managers are TERRIBLE. They do not care what happens to you period. you are a number not a human. Do not expect room to advance or grow this is not a company that promotes from within. Do yourself a favor before you apply read the restaurant reviews for their units on facebook or yelp. And after you read the hundreds of bad reviews then you can deside if they are a company you want to be a part of.
making drinks
Starbucks Barista (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Drinks
Cons: short breaks
I liked very much worked at starbucks, the service, the quality of customers, the patience we have to the customers, great good team
bartender rsw
restaurant server and bartender (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJune 13, 2015
Management Horrible Horrible working conditions with all their rules, very stressful, if they don't like you watch out, cut throat
Needs improvement
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lihue, HIJune 12, 2015
Co workers are the most fun to work with. Although management needs a little improvement. Other than that, it's a good place to work.
just for college students.
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee), Queens, NYJune 10, 2015
This job is mainly for college students who just want to make money.Management is lacking a lot of communication skills.
Productive Energetic Atmoshphere
Snack Bar Attendant (Former Employee), Concord, NCJune 9, 2015
I love being in an environment where I felt wanted also able to build relationships with customers and staff. A typical day would be prepping, cleaning and cooking food and operating the cash register. I've learned patience working with HMSHost because they have lots of customers that are very opinionated. The hardest part of the job was trying to satisfy everyone but once you get the hang of things it comes natural.
if you can't handle the work, don't apply.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Nashville, tnJune 2, 2015
Pros: great staff, good benefits, good pay
Cons: short break, management not supportive
The employees already don't want to work so you need to motivate them. The schedule you want doesn't really matter they will schedule you when you need to. I interviewed to get a morning job but they had me close anyway and when I talked to management they said it was what the business required. They desperately hire anybody so you work with criminals that somehow passed the background. Several have been arrested there at the airport. Management doesn't support you even when they promise to. They make decisions for you that have not been discussed. Lot of favortism. Extremely busy with customers constantly complaining about their flight boarding soon and they try to get you to hurry up. Work long hours all the time, no recognition or support from higher up. Scheduling conflicts every week. If you can't handle the amount of work don't work here. Employees are supportive and awesome.
Not worth it.
cook (Former Employee), manchester, nhMay 23, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
Hours are not set, never fully staffed, tiny kitchens, always grumpy coworkers. Very bad choice to work there only good choice was leaving.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND LOVE THE DIVERSITY
Head Line Cook (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 12, 2015
I REALLY ENJOY WORKING FOR HMSHOST BECAUSE OF THE FLEXIBILITY AND THE PEOPLE. I JUST WISH THE COMPANY HOURLY PAY WAS A LITTLE BIT MORE .
Good money
Bartender, Server (Current Employee), rsw fort myers FloridaMay 3, 2015
Great place to work fast pace environment. Very long hours sometimes very understaffed. A lot of delays which meant longer hours to stay and work.
Fast Pace Airport Environment
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 1, 2015
Pros: Fast pace ever changing dynamics
Cons: Staffing under staffed long hiring process
The hardest part is staffing it takes a month to get anyone in due to the background and security levels needed.

Otherwise everyone is team players
its ok but shady messy co workers
Chick Fil A- host/greeter (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: discount lunch
its ok job pay is ok but watch your back with e co-workers at love field chik fil a very shady messy people i go to work i stock sauces help pass out orders do drinks and refills and box nuggets and try to stay out peoples way the co workers have personal space issues . i enjoy my job they are very flexible when it comes to y doctors appointments and when i ask for off do to me having a kidney transplant and medical issues
I did not paticulalary like this job
Cashier (Current Employee), Montvale, NJApril 22, 2015
I found that this job was necessary for the advancement of my career and improving my skills. I look back on this experience in a positive light but am glad to be moving forward. I learned many things.
Airport Environment
Accounting Clerk II/Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2015
Very fast paced place to work. Turn over very high on the operations side. Learning new things. Not much room for advancement
N/A
Cashier/Food Prep/Cook (Former Employee), AIRPORT ATLANTA GAMarch 26, 2015
THEY WHERE A GREAT COMPANY .
I LEARN HOW TO BE A BETTER CUSTOMERS SERVICE PERSON.
MANAGEMENT WAS GREAT
CO WORKER WERE GREAT
THE HARDEST PART WAS WORK AT NIGHT
THE CUSTOMERS
Fast paced environment in a changing work setting.
Assistant Director of Human Resources (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 26, 2015
Enjoy communicating with staff at all levels, providing coaching and counseling regarding employee relations, organization development and retention issues. Business partner to operations management to provide Human Resources business expertise.
THIS PLACE WILL EAT YOUR SOUL AND SPIT IT BACK AT YOU
cashier (Current Employee), new baltimore, nyMarch 25, 2015
Pros: some co-workers are great
Cons: everything
DO NOT APPLY, I REPEAT,DO NOT APPLY, the management is awful, the workload is overwhelming as none of the employees seem to want to work, management is one track minded, when they're right they're right, when they're wrong they're right, they play the favorite game, all in all this place doesn't teach you anything except about how horrible people can be and that the highschool mentality persists long after highschool is done. DO NOT APPLY, I REPEAT, DO NOT APPLY
good and nice place
coffemaker at starbucks (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAMarch 23, 2015
well in HMShost everyone was friendly.. and day start very well.. learned how to deal with customer. how to use the machine i am mean coffee machine, and the have good management. and my coworker so friend and loving.. is the cashiering, is to make a wrong coffee like customer says chai late you make pumpkin spice late..
No care, no quality
Cook (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 22, 2015
Pros: smoking room in the airport. sup can't ruin my break.
Cons: healthcare is a joke. wage is a joke. lunch is a joke.
I am a line cook. My typical day was to prepare the entire menu and serve on order.
I have learned NOTHING from this job except how to shut up.
The hardest part of the job is the write-up meetings. None of them were warranted, and all of them was petty.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the kitchen is quiet, and I'm working alone without the usual aggravation. And boy! That kitchen is beautiful whenever I'm angry.

1 2 3 4 5

About HMSHost

HMSHost is part of Autogrill S.p.A. – the world’s largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Along – Read more

HMSHost Salaries