HMSHost

HMSHost Employer Reviews

this place is the worse experience I have ever had.
snackbar attendant (Former Employee), el paso texasNovember 19, 2014
Cons: no breaks bad company overall
Management sucks they are really stupid and they are stealing from airlines.and when I confronted hr about it I got fired a week later for 2 tardies "what a joke"when every single employee was always late.but I learn and I would not recommend this place to no one.you are better off anywere else.
Was ok
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch, decent pay, union
Cons: union(lol), didn't get breaks, rude people
Being at HMSHost was ok, what frustrated me the most was that they knew they were going to do layoffs when they hired me..
Fun work place
Barista (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 17, 2014
Is a busy typical day at work, I've learned to do different stuffs as a barista. Love my coworkers. The hardest part at my job is the customer's but it is never impossible to get a smile and a thank you back. The most enjoyable part of my job is making different drinks all the time.
Very busy and hectic place to work
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Elkhart, INNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches, good pay, good hours.
Cons: no life, too hectic, etc.
The co-workers were mainly lazy except for a few. The management is ok, but I wish there would have been more than one or two. Also, they don't really care about their balance of work and life for their employees.
Fun Place.
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee), Lambert AirportNovember 4, 2014
Working for HMSHost was quite fun and a bit overwhelming at times. The friendly faces i have met a long the way have created my work ethic in new environments. The management however i did not feel like they were professional. SOME i should say. But overall the time i spent there was great. I learned new things, very fun place to work, you get to meet – more... lots of people seeing that it was the airport. wonderful place. The policies i feel did not fit with how they were running the establishment. It like they set their own rules and made our own goals when we are all individuals trying to achieve one goal which was do whatever it took to get the job done. Great place, i will never go back! The best part of my day were seeing my co-workers. They brought me life in such a gloomy work station when management came around. – less
Hostile work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), cranbury njNovember 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: horrible management staff
THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR MANAGEMENT IS BEYOND UNPROFESSIONAL AND DISRESPECTFUL!!! DONT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE BECAUSE THE PAY ISNT GREAT EITHER!!
Get to meet different cultured people every day
Sales-Commission Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch, working on different concourses
Cons: not enough food choices
My co-workers make my day at this job along with hearing the different places that people flying to every day.
Horrible place to work for
Cook/Cashier/Utility (Former Employee), Verona, PAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: free meals were awful. horrible management. constantly lied to. way too much drama.
Worst place I've ever worked. Management is absolutely terrible. They put people in management roles that have absolutely no prior training or experience. HR is constantly having to get involved in situations because management is very shady about things. They will constantly lie to their employees and purposely try to start problems between employees. – more... Turn over rate is extremely high because of this. Working here was honestly like being in a junior high because of the amount of drama that the management infuses. – less
Hated It
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Phelps, NYOctober 14, 2014
Great Work, Bad Management. Co-Workers were great, no benefits. Had to work most your breaks. Called you in on days off then you didnt get paid over time.
It was a very great place to be working at, fun environment
Delivery Driver, Beyond The Grind (Former Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 6, 2014
I was pleased with the company, unfortunately I had to resign due t schedule conflicting with school.
Productive and fun, management is terrible!
Barista (Current Employee), DFW airportOctober 2, 2014
Pros: fun, busy
Cons: long shifts, low pay, terrible management
The overall job is a good, fun place to work. You get to meet many different types of people and are able to socialize and make drinks all day. While the job itself is fun, the management is terrible. i see a manager maybe once a day and its always an, "okay, nobody called in? bye." type of meeting. There is never any positivity. If a manager is headed – more... your way, its never good. They never seem to have any praise to tell anyone, it is always negative, which sets an unpleasant mood for workers.
The hardest part if my job is dealing with that. If i had upbeat managers that understood how to co-exist with their employees, my job would be perfect(other than the low pay).
I have been told for the past 5 months that I would get to take my test to get my first raise, and then move onto a supervisor position.
At this point, i should be a supervisor, but I am still stuck at the basics because there is literally always an excuse as to why they cant sit down and help me fill out my paperwork(unfortunately, I need a managers time to complete the process). – less
Terrible management
Associate (Former Employee), Clyde, OHSeptember 29, 2014
A pical day at hmshost includes being shoved in a concept that you receive no training in, being very busy and having the only other employee working with you taken away to also be put in a store they received no training for as well. For the type of work this is, the management makes it way too stressful. Its not all of the management, just a specific – more... person workerend up angry, and spiteful because of dealing with the stress and it makes for a very hostile environment. Most enjoyable part of the job? The end of your shift. – less
cooking and frying
Chef (Former Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch and dinner
Cons: shorts breaks
it's fun working there and lovely at the same time, but poor management.
Great company with many career paths available.
Senior Director of Operations (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDSeptember 12, 2014
I was allowed to grow and develop my skills in multiple airport. I also experienced high volume and a fast paced environment.
During my career with HMSHost I was given many challenges from opening over 20 restaurants to developing many direct reports.
good at first than fell down hill
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLSeptember 5, 2014
worked here twice in my life and loved it the first time around but the second time I did not like it the manager was not understanding in life situations.
It was an enjoyable learning experience that introduced me to the world of the workforce.
Food Preparation (Former Employee), Forked River, NJAugust 28, 2014
I learned the ins and outs of a basic day of food preparation work, doing my best to please the customers and brighten their days by completing their orders in a timely and neat fashion. My co-workers were a pleasure to work with, as they were always supportive of my decisions, and would always make time to correct me if I performed one of my duties – more... incorrectly and show me the correct way to perform it. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customers walk away with smiles on their faces and enjoying the food that I created for them; it gave me an unparalleled satisfaction that I would like to apply to a different line of work. I give my all to any job that I undertake, and I want to share that passion with any employer that is willing to give me the chance to show them that I can be a valuable asset to a company. – less
terrible
Retail Store Member/Stocker (Former Employee), Newark, DEAugust 26, 2014
all the cared about was sales and didnt have a good schedule, you barely got weekends off
This Job Is Okay
Cashier/Cook/Baker (Former Employee), Phelps, NYAugust 20, 2014
Pros: 50% off food/ drinks are free 24/7 depending on what you get.
Cons: food reg price cost anywhere from $4-7, work long hours for low pay
The management sucks but the co-workers were great. The job is a job ( fun, easy, and reliable) but, it can be hard if your co-workers dont work as a team. Very fast pace and have to be able to multi- task. Loved my job there. Hated the managers.
Could hardly stand it
Barista (Former Employee), VandaliaAugust 16, 2014
I left before even getting a new job because it was THAT bad. Horrible management. Some days I worked 9 hours and didn't get a break. Everyone was quitting so most days I worked alone. Sales were down so they punished the workers instead of giving incentives. I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy. I don't understand at all why people stay – more... here long term. They call off most days or just sit around. The managers will leave and go home and not tell you you'll be working alone the whole day. Just bad. Really bad. – less
fast paced work environment, keeps you moving
cash room clerk (Former Employee), New Baltimore, NYAugust 12, 2014
like every job has pros and cons... for the most part very upbeat place to work. The employees are fun and hard working.

1 2 3 4 5

About HMSHost

HMSHost is part of Autogrill S.p.A. – the world’s largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Along – Read more