HMSHost

HMSHost Employee Reviews

if you can't handle the work, don't apply.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Nashville, tnJune 2, 2015
Pros: great staff, good benefits, good pay
Cons: short break, management not supportive
The employees already don't want to work so you need to motivate them. The schedule you want doesn't really matter they will schedule you when you need to. I interviewed to get a morning job but they had me close anyway and when I talked to management they said it was what the business required. They desperately hire anybody so you work with criminals that somehow passed the background. Several have been arrested there at the airport. Management doesn't support you even when they promise to. They make decisions for you that have not been discussed. Lot of favortism. Extremely busy with customers constantly complaining about their flight boarding soon and they try to get you to hurry up. Work long hours all the time, no recognition or support from higher up. Scheduling conflicts every week. If you can't handle the amount of work don't work here. Employees are supportive and awesome.
Not worth it.
cook (Former Employee), manchester, nhMay 23, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
Hours are not set, never fully staffed, tiny kitchens, always grumpy coworkers. Very bad choice to work there only good choice was leaving.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND LOVE THE DIVERSITY
Head Line Cook (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 12, 2015
I REALLY ENJOY WORKING FOR HMSHOST BECAUSE OF THE FLEXIBILITY AND THE PEOPLE. I JUST WISH THE COMPANY HOURLY PAY WAS A LITTLE BIT MORE .
Good money
Bartender, Server (Current Employee), rsw fort myers FloridaMay 3, 2015
Great place to work fast pace environment. Very long hours sometimes very understaffed. A lot of delays which meant longer hours to stay and work.
Fast Pace Airport Environment
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 1, 2015
Pros: Fast pace ever changing dynamics
Cons: Staffing under staffed long hiring process
The hardest part is staffing it takes a month to get anyone in due to the background and security levels needed.

Otherwise everyone is team players
its ok but shady messy co workers
Chick Fil A- host/greeter (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: discount lunch
its ok job pay is ok but watch your back with e co-workers at love field chik fil a very shady messy people i go to work i stock sauces help pass out orders do drinks and refills and box nuggets and try to stay out peoples way the co workers have personal space issues . i enjoy my job they are very flexible when it comes to y doctors appointments and when i ask for off do to me having a kidney transplant and medical issues
I did not paticulalary like this job
Cashier (Current Employee), Montvale, NJApril 22, 2015
I found that this job was necessary for the advancement of my career and improving my skills. I look back on this experience in a positive light but am glad to be moving forward. I learned many things.
Airport Environment
Accounting Clerk II/Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2015
Very fast paced place to work. Turn over very high on the operations side. Learning new things. Not much room for advancement
N/A
Cashier/Food Prep/Cook (Former Employee), AIRPORT ATLANTA GAMarch 26, 2015
THEY WHERE A GREAT COMPANY .
I LEARN HOW TO BE A BETTER CUSTOMERS SERVICE PERSON.
MANAGEMENT WAS GREAT
CO WORKER WERE GREAT
THE HARDEST PART WAS WORK AT NIGHT
THE CUSTOMERS
Fast paced environment in a changing work setting.
Assistant Director of Human Resources (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 26, 2015
Enjoy communicating with staff at all levels, providing coaching and counseling regarding employee relations, organization development and retention issues. Business partner to operations management to provide Human Resources business expertise.
THIS PLACE WILL EAT YOUR SOUL AND SPIT IT BACK AT YOU
cashier (Current Employee), new baltimore, nyMarch 25, 2015
Pros: some co-workers are great
Cons: everything
DO NOT APPLY, I REPEAT,DO NOT APPLY, the management is awful, the workload is overwhelming as none of the employees seem to want to work, management is one track minded, when they're right they're right, when they're wrong they're right, they play the favorite game, all in all this place doesn't teach you anything except about how horrible people can be and that the highschool mentality persists long after highschool is done. DO NOT APPLY, I REPEAT, DO NOT APPLY
good and nice place
coffemaker at starbucks (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAMarch 23, 2015
well in HMShost everyone was friendly.. and day start very well.. learned how to deal with customer. how to use the machine i am mean coffee machine, and the have good management. and my coworker so friend and loving.. is the cashiering, is to make a wrong coffee like customer says chai late you make pumpkin spice late..
No care, no quality
Cook (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 22, 2015
Pros: smoking room in the airport. sup can't ruin my break.
Cons: healthcare is a joke. wage is a joke. lunch is a joke.
I am a line cook. My typical day was to prepare the entire menu and serve on order.
I have learned NOTHING from this job except how to shut up.
The hardest part of the job is the write-up meetings. None of them were warranted, and all of them was petty.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the kitchen is quiet, and I'm working alone without the usual aggravation. And boy! That kitchen is beautiful whenever I'm angry.
.....
Customer Service (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 17, 2015
Typical day taking orders, food prep, and walking around. I learned to work with people from different backgrounds. My co-workers were the best they kept you energized, they were definitely fun.
worse company to work for
cashier/cook (Current Employee), south somerset, paMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: benefits aren't worth it, management sucks, lazy employees, no discipline
The South Somerset Travel Plaza is the worse place to work. The boss in charge does the scheduling but spends maybe an hour out from in front of her computer every 2 weeks. There were new rules enforced by the company regarding the attendance policy. If you're 6 minutes to am hour late, you receive 1/2 infraction. Anything later (or a call off), you receive 1 infraction. If you leave early from your shift, you receive 1/2 an infraction. Our boss should be setting an example. She comes in hours late and leaves hours early. Its an all the time thing. The supervisors are very inappropriate. That is to be termination and they give them write ups. Also, the boss says to certain people "I like you so I won't write you up" where her hardest working people would get written up for leaving due to a family emergency. Everyone who works there absolutely hates their job. Managers included. And the boss could never get in trouble for half the violations she does, so calling human resources doesn't help. If you work here, I promise you you will want to quit after the first week.
I worked 4 years for HMshhost company starting in october 2010
Cook (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2015
I always be a good employee but due a school reason i quit recently, the luch break was great was one hour. I always respected my coworkers and management
Horrible company, dont not apply.
Porter, Utility, Dishwashing (Current Employee), St. Louis, MO Lambert AirportFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: bad manager, horrible co worker, low pay.
Do not apply to this company it is horrible. The manager did not give me a schedule to work! I came in 1pm - 10pm my first day and the manager did not tell me about a break. So I worked the whole time no break. He told me to come in my second day and he said I would get a schedule I did not get a schedule. I called and left a message but they still did not call me back! My trainer was talking to girls while I did all the work such as trash dishes and also put the dishes back. Do not apply to this job a lot of work to only get paid 8.50
Great Associates
Human Resource Field Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: secured environment, great associates of hmshost
Cons: some of the benefits are costly
Typical work day at HMSHost consisted of associate relations and other duties. Associates of HMSHost are of different cultures and getting to know the associates that are employed at HMSHost was very exciting and the associates are what make the Company. You could not ask for a better group of team members! Had the opportunity to make some real good friends and became a part of their lives.

Benefits in general are great, depending on what the associate desires. Not many Companies will offer 90% reimbursment on College for full time associate, nor can you get 401(K) with Company match with 100% investment upon participation.
Productive work place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Maryland, HanoverFebruary 10, 2015
lot of experience. dealing with different types of people every day. every day getting new thing. cash handling, inventory management.
fun workplace
Manager, LAX (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Everyday i managed three stores
Handled customer complaints
Work was challenging every day but handled it very well
High volume of customers

1 2 3 4 5

About HMSHost

HMSHost is part of Autogrill S.p.A. – the world’s largest provider of food and beverage services for travelers. Along – Read more

HMSHost Salaries