HMSHost Employee Reviews in United States

Worst decison I ever made moving to HMSHOST-Look up reviews on all jobsite concerning this company
BRAND CHAMPION/MULTI-UNIT MANAGER AT HMS (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2016
Worst company to work for! Just read glass door. Every facet of this company from accounting, operations, and benefits and any other process is disorganized at its core. See all reviews on job sites concerning this company. See for yourself
work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 21, 2016
very poor management , they do not care about their employees or how they treat them . the staff I work with is good but everyone is leaing due to poor management and the stress level that it has gone to due to management
Fun enviornment
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 19, 2016
Management was encouraging and always consistent. Co-workers became family. I never considered this work because it was such a joy.
Pros
Amazing atmosphere
Cons
New management
Fun Workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 11, 2016
Here I was able to go from being a cashier to being a supervisor in about a month and I liked it very much. Made me feel appreciated
Pros
free lunch, breaks
Cons
going through security just to go to work
stressful and tiring
Cashier/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 10, 2016
lacks diversity, compassion, and happiness. co-workers, for the most part, are rude. they need a happier vibe in the work place.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
works hours
Terrible place to work at, at least where I live.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bedford, PAJuly 7, 2016
I worked here for about six months. While I may not have been the best employee, I'm no idiot. I know what good and bad treatment is. The management is very biased, blunt, and rude. They work you terrible hours, are usually understaffed (in part because they fire anyone they don't like), work you like a dog, and it is almost constantly slammed in there. Half the employees don't do their jobs correctly (at least in Starbucks. I worked Corporate before I worked HMSHost Starbucks and the difference was substantial), you get terrible benefits, if any at all, and you never have steady hours unless you are a 'manager'. You're pretty much screwed in all directions working here. I don't recommend it, if you live in the boonies like I do. And both me and my co-workers were often left to work by ourselves for extended periods of time. If you're familiar with Corporate Starbucks, you never have less than three people on the floor. Never.
You can't clock in until your scheduled time, BUT. You almost NEVER get out at the time you're scheduled. I have been left to continue work for up to an hour or more past when I was supposed to go home.

Without being TOTALLY biased, they do pay for your meals there, you get a half hour break (which is more than some places give), you get a (couple) smoke break(s) if you need one (but apparently no bathroom breaks, or so my manager told me. "We don't pay you to use the bathroom", sure, but give everyone multiple 5-10 minute smoke breaks. Makes perfect sense.), and that's pretty much all the good you get working here.

Who knows? Maybe the HMSHost
  more... near you won't be as terrible as the one I worked at. Fingers crossed.

Oh, and they suspend you before they fire you, so kiss any unemployment possibilities goodbye if you happened to work there at least 6 months.
Pros
Free lunch, half hour break, smoke breaks, Time and a half.
Cons
Poor work scheduling, poor management, poor training, poor pay for the work you do, you rarely get out when scheduled, under-staffing.
Chickfila
Associate lead, barista, trainer (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 7, 2016
Chickfila is a fun but fast past environment that has you on the move, after 3 months most employees leave that are part time due to a high turn over rate. I liked it for my 3 months it was fun. Getting to greet the customers and smile a lot which is one of my favorite things to do! Typical days were running cash, packing up orders. we would meet every morning and go over goals for how we would try and make today more efficient for the company. the hardest part was keeping pace with everyone, most enjoyable part was pleasing the customers and making the orders.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
was only part time
Productive and fast paced workplace.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  PennsGroveJuly 5, 2016
Although this job has its many cons, a typical workday consists of assisting the public with using cash or credit transactions, answering calls, and restocking the store.
Working at a Travel Plaza
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MEJuly 2, 2016
A very busy place to work! Managing a crew of mostly High School students and people who for the most part this is their first job. That is the most difficult thing, as most of them have not learned a good work ethic yet, and don't often think through the tasks that they are given. I have learned that you have to be very, very explicit in your instructions, and will probably have to repeat them more than once, as they stopped listening about halfway through.

The work varies, as you have to be a combination of inventory control, cash control, cook, dishwasher, janitor, and cashier all rolled into one.
Pros
Free meals, company uniforms
Cons
Low pay, never having two days off in a row, very long hours, never having the same schedule two weeks in a row.
Hms Host
Starbucks Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2016
Supervising crew of 4-5 on a daily basis, responsibilities include but where not limited to cleaning, cashiering, taking customer orders, complaints, and any day to day needs of employees. Taking and maintaining stores appearance as well as keeping up with store needs and orders
productive
utility,food clerk,storeroom (Current Employee) –  Kahului, HIJune 8, 2016
its a exiting place to work. specially working in a secured area and knowing meeting a lot of different culture.management are very friendly and fun to work with.
Management?
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2016
lack of management or better yet effective management that would take time to listen to your concerns or even try to make a change.
Fun fast paced work environment
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 7, 2016
Met people from all over the world
Management accommodated school and personal scheduling
Fast paced environment made days go by faster
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Off site parking
okay workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAJune 7, 2016
The job was good it was just the staff and management that made me leave the job they were very childish acting. Everyone trains different but some days were good.
Great life balance
Maintenance / Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Absecon, NJJune 4, 2016
Very good company to work for. Fair benefits and meal periods. overall management here was very fair and good to work for.
Great place to work if you are comfortable in your position
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 4, 2016
I enjoyed working at HMS Host and count it as one of the most positive experiences in my career. I began as a supervisor and advanced to shift manager and I was slated to be advanced again to assistant manager. I left my location and moved which pretty much sunk any hope of moving up and caused me to demote at my new location. One move and it destroyed four years of hard work. I had an excellent relationship with my peers as well as the operations manager and the district VP, I was also on good terms with several people in the corporate office. I believe if I was able to stay where I was I would have been promoted again to an assistant 2 by this time but things don't always work out how we foresee them. As with any company the location and the people running it are the biggest factors in recommending a company. Overall I enjoyed my time with this company.
Pros
Good people, longevity, and management doesn't breath down your neck every second of your shift
Cons
Hard to advance, and most of the production positions are held by kids who don't want to work for their paycheck
Great Benefits...
Lead (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2016
Well I worked there for 6 years as a lead. While the job is great and the benefits are amazing, the managers there are horrible. The company is great don't get me wrong. The benefits are excellent if you are an hourly worker. I just wouldn't make it a career. Management here sucks, well not all of them. Some actually care about their employees. As far as co-workers well all I can say is that you come to work to earn money to pay your bills, if you make friends along the way then great, but be careful who you trust.
Pros
Free lunch, great benefits.
Great Company
Field Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 19, 2016
Great Company to work for.

Day to day work in all areas of Human Resources (one man show)

Some travel is encouraged but not required

Free food is always great
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Training and Development
Worst company in LAX
Packer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 18, 2016
Dont work here. Uneducated/Unexperienced managers, unfair treatment, no recognition towards your hard efforts, pay is not at a competive level, union is completly useless, complaints are often ignored, lack of cummunication between managers and employees, favourtisim, work scheduales are non efficient, drama.
Pros
A Positive and fun work environment.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2016
Coming in and greeting everyone.And then start right in with hard work.i learned there's many ways to move up in the company.
my co-workers were awesome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HMSHost. Our community is ready to answer.