HNI Corporation Employee Reviews

Good Company to gain experience
CNC Operator and Welder (Current Employee), Davenport, IAJune 8, 2015
Pros: knowledge gained and the amazing benefits.
Cons: not able to move forward with the company
HNI has been a great place to not only work but also to gain the experience needed for me to learn the field that I am currently studying. HNI has also helped me gain the knowledge that I need to go on and experience other opportunities and to move forward in my career and be successful in my future.
See resume
Government Accounts Administrator (Current Employee), Muscatine, IAFebruary 26, 2014
In my position, I currently administer 26 State/Local contracts including Federal contracts. These contracts have terms and conditions that I must adhere to and must remain in compliance with. My day to day responsibilities consist of providing sales support to the sales team and answering questions regarding the contracts. I am also responsible for submitting bid packages to various Request for Quotes/Bids. The hardest part of of the job is determining the risks associated with these bids and determining if we can meet the terms and conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is being awarded the contracts so our sales team can gain sales off these contracts.
Awful company to work for
manager (Current Employee), muscatineFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: hostile work environment, distrustful management, going the wrong direction
HNI is only out for profits and will dispose of resources (people) at all costs. The management team is littered with selfish, politically driven individuals who have one focus, self preservation. The company is an autocratic organization with dishonest and distrustful individuals.
Producing various types of office furniture
Work Cell Operator (Current Employee), Muscatine, IAOctober 29, 2013
I currently work on a line with 5-6 other team members making high end office chairs. We produce roughly 20-30 chairs per hour in a fast paced environment.
Productive enviorment With people that like to get results .
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee), Muscatine, IAOctober 14, 2013
Pros: pot lucks, great managment, great staff!
Cons: the commute !
Fast paced work, with alot of great resources around you to help at any time .
Great job
Production Team Leader (Former Employee), Louisburg, NCMay 17, 2013
I loved working for HNI. The making of office furniture was similar to my major in High school. only draw back was the closed the plant in N.C.
very high standards and great compensation
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Muscatine, IAJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: paid breaks and great benifits
Cons: very hot and the co workers
very hot in the plant co workers made it stressfull but i could still pull threw the hardest part was the additude of co workers the best bart paid breaks the management was descent they ran the place but not the best as they could or i would in general
Great, relaxed workplace
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Muscatine, IADecember 17, 2012
Pros: coworkers, building lunches, laid back atmosphere
HNI Corporation's Technologies Center, where I was placed, is a pretty laid back place. As long as you get your stuff done, the supervisors don't mind if you occassionally look at your personal phone or social websites, preferrably on your break time. The coworkers are great and very supportive and understanding.
Great opportunities
Director - Ent. Arch., Infra., Security & Strategy (Current Employee), Muscatine, IANovember 7, 2012
HNI Corporation is a great environment for people who want a good working culture and opportunities for advancement.
Very hectic, lack of focus
Plant Controller (Former Employee), Florence, ALJuly 30, 2012
Pros: a lot of knowledgeable people
Cons: workload is unmanageable, management constantly changing directions
A typical day at work was prepare for daily production review, process daily/weekly reports, answer e-mails and questions, projects. I learned new systems and the demands of a controller. The management team had a difficult time being to focus on any of the challenges because they were being pulled in too many directions. The co-workers were very hard working and wanted to learn. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep morale up. The most enjoyable part of the job were my employees.