HNI Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Former Accounts Payable Analyst
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJune 29, 2016
Allsteel corporation is a great company to work for, amazing people and great pay. Being promoted to HNI corporate office was the worst decision of my life. Unprofessional and childlike behavior was exhibited by the women that work in Shared Services. Promoted people with little to no skills because they knew people. Educated and great individuals were let go or treated badly.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything but the money
A fair business to build lift truck experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAOctober 19, 2015
Over time work is all was available for most of the year. Loading and unloading trailers is a good way to stay in shape. Management is all was is looking for employees to move and learn new areas of the warehouse.
Good Company to gain experience
CNC Operator and Welder (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 8, 2015
HNI has been a great place to not only work but also to gain the experience needed for me to learn the field that I am currently studying. HNI has also helped me gain the knowledge that I need to go on and experience other opportunities and to move forward in my career and be successful in my future.
Pros
knowledge gained and the amazing benefits.
Cons
not able to move forward with the company
See resume
Government Accounts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IAFebruary 26, 2014
In my position, I currently administer 26 State/Local contracts including Federal contracts. These contracts have terms and conditions that I must adhere to and must remain in compliance with. My day to day responsibilities consist of providing sales support to the sales team and answering questions regarding the contracts. I am also responsible for submitting bid packages to various Request for Quotes/Bids. The hardest part of of the job is determining the risks associated with these bids and determining if we can meet the terms and conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is being awarded the contracts so our sales team can gain sales off these contracts.
Awful company to work for
manager (Current Employee) –  muscatineFebruary 6, 2014
HNI is only out for profits and will dispose of resources (people) at all costs. The management team is littered with selfish, politically driven individuals who have one focus, self preservation. The company is an autocratic organization with dishonest and distrustful individuals.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
hostile work environment, distrustful management, going the wrong direction
Producing various types of office furniture
Work Cell Operator (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IAOctober 29, 2013
I currently work on a line with 5-6 other team members making high end office chairs. We produce roughly 20-30 chairs per hour in a fast paced environment.
Productive enviorment With people that like to get results .
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAOctober 14, 2013
Fast paced work, with alot of great resources around you to help at any time .
Pros
pot lucks, great managment, great staff!
Cons
the commute !
Great job
Production Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Louisburg, NCMay 17, 2013
I loved working for HNI. The making of office furniture was similar to my major in High school. only draw back was the closed the plant in N.C.
very high standards and great compensation
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJanuary 8, 2013
very hot in the plant co workers made it stressfull but i could still pull threw the hardest part was the additude of co workers the best bart paid breaks the management was descent they ran the place but not the best as they could or i would in general
Pros
paid breaks and great benifits
Cons
very hot and the co workers
Great, relaxed workplace
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IADecember 17, 2012
HNI Corporation's Technologies Center, where I was placed, is a pretty laid back place. As long as you get your stuff done, the supervisors don't mind if you occassionally look at your personal phone or social websites, preferrably on your break time. The coworkers are great and very supportive and understanding.
Pros
coworkers, building lunches, laid back atmosphere
Great opportunities
Director - Ent. Arch., Infra., Security & Strategy (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IANovember 7, 2012
HNI Corporation is a great environment for people who want a good working culture and opportunities for advancement.
Very hectic, lack of focus
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJuly 30, 2012
A typical day at work was prepare for daily production review, process daily/weekly reports, answer e-mails and questions, projects. I learned new systems and the demands of a controller. The management team had a difficult time being to focus on any of the challenges because they were being pulled in too many directions. The co-workers were very hard working and wanted to learn. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep morale up. The most enjoyable part of the job were my employees.
Pros
a lot of knowledgeable people
Cons
workload is unmanageable, management constantly changing directions