HNTB Corporation Employee Reviews

Good place, no room for advancement
Inspector II (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 11, 2017
Good place to work. If you're good at your job in the field.you have little to no chance of being promoted to an office position. Very top heavy company with more higher level employees than lower.
HNTB overall good company
SENIOR ACQUISITION SPECIALSIT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2017
Great company to work with. Very good executive management. Project production department was very qualified. Project managers were not qualified for this size and complex project.
Required review
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2017
HNTB Corporation is an employee-owned infrastructure solutions firm serving public and private owners and contractors. With more than a century of service, HNTB understands the life cycle of infrastructure and addresses clients’ most complex technical, financial and operational challenges. Professionals deliver a full range of infrastructure-related services, including award-winning planning, design, program and construction management
Satisfactory
Traffic Management/Highway safety operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2017
Great environment with great people. Compensation was not an issue and offered great benefits. Worked as a traffic operator and was pretty happy with my superiors. Like any job, it has its busy and slow days.
Pros
flexibility on shift
100% turnover
Project Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Management is stuck in 1950, does not listen to new ideas or new business processes. No chance of professional development or advancement. HR does not care about you.
Top of their game
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 7, 2017
I worked at a lot of civil engineering places and this ranks as the best. They were serious about being the best and, at least at my location in San Antonio, they were. I had great bosses and teammates.
I got to work on some of the largest transportation projects in town. I'm very proud of the work we did there.
Pros
Project opportunities, pay, benefits
Cons
Office location
Culture of Corruption
Florida Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2017
Not a great company to work for because of their lack of integrity. There have been many stories concerning contracts being bought, substandard work, and a general "good ol' boy" style of management that goes from the top on down to AVP's who will do anything for a seat at the table. Avoid like the plague. This company provides a paycheck, not a career.
great company
Program manager / System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAAugust 8, 2017
I can not say enough good things about this company, home based out of KC. They care about their employees and the job that they have been trained to do
Pros
everything
Cons
contract ended
Poor IT Management
Solution Developer III (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 7, 2017
Management is not technical and therefore not equipped to lead a technical team. As a female, I was paid far less than my male counter parts. Management also did not treat all employees equally.
good
Engineer ІІ (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2017
decent work place. great atmosphere friendly staff the manager are encouraging and the best part of my job is getting pay , I respect the weekly update that keep us informed about new development
Pros
room for growth
Cons
very busy work schedule
One of the best jobs I've ever had!
MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2017
The arm that I worked for was HNTB Architecture, Inc. This group is tenacious, engaged, passionate, and willing to do the hard work and put in the long hours to reap the benefits.

Inclusive environment.

Leadership was willing to navigate the rough waters and challenge themselves.
Pros
Leadership was willing to navigate the rough waters and challenge themselves.
Cons
Engineering leadership doesn't seem to place high value on Architecture brand
Great experience
Mechanical Engineer II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
NTB Corporation is an employee-owned infrastructure solutions firm serving public and private owners and contractors. With more than a century of service, HNTB understands the life cycle of infrastructure and addresses clients’ most complex technical, financial and operational challenges. Professionals deliver a full range of infrastructure-related services, including award-winning planning, design, program and construction management.
hard work
Construction Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60621June 18, 2017
very friendly company its a good job to have if your heart ins into construction. they have excellent jobs available for many different people. they pay great!
Company led by the incompetant
Project Analyst II (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 26, 2017
Management does not lead by example and make extremely irresponsible decisions. A very brief attempt is made each year to try and plan for employees careers, with little to no outcome from going through the process. If you want to work with managers that even attempt to advance and promote career growth look elsewhere.
Pros
There is a good degree of autonomy
Cons
Management is horrible and limited to no discussion of career growth
Productive company with plenty of options to advance and work.
Civil Engineer Sr. Inspector (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2017
This is one of the best companies I have worked for . The upper management with their open door policy is a welcoming characteristic. I've been a contractor myself as well as work in management for contractors. HNTB will find the tools you need to be successful.
Pros
Not micro-managed
Cons
Lack of experienced help
Good experience working with HNTB. Worked as consultant to FDOT.
Operations Supervisor/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 20, 2017
Great company to work for with decent benefits. Professional and courteous. They are efficient with everything I've been involved with. Job security has been excellent.
Not like it used to be, false promises
Operator II (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 15, 2016
Excluding the shift supervisors, management, including the ITS manager for the client, lead by fear and not example, and they are all cowards. They are concerned more about themselves rather than the operations staff. They don't encourage staff or thank them for their hard work, ever. Low morale=high turnover. Staff is walking out and they are unable to replace. Word gets around. If walking on hot coals and broken glass daily from start to finish for low pay is your Idea of a job, then this is for you. Otherwise, county and city governments are hiring for much better pay. Join at your own risk. I will be out the door as soon as another opportunity arrives.
Pros
Some good co-workers, great learning experience, nothing else.
Cons
Management, including the client's ITS manager, high volume of turnover, no advancement opportunities within location, low pay.
great place to work
Intern Transportation Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 7, 2016
Using Microstation for design and working as a team to accomplish projects. requires you work full time to get things done.
Pros
company has great benifits
Good Job for Years
Civil Engineering/CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 4, 2016
I worked here for 16 years. I enjoyed HNTB until the last few years there.

They went corporate and everything changed. It was all about the numbers now. The atmosphere went from friendly and easy to tense and everyone for themselves.

I went from drafting on the board to AutoCAD while at HNTB.

There was a wide variety of projects.
Pros
Good atomshere and projects
Cons
The benefits and vacation we not too good.
Productive and Professional Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 6, 2016
During a typical day I would answer and return phone calls, greet customers, schedule meetings, book travel arrangements, work on I-Expense reports and also update or refine the data sheet for the expense reports. Made sure that the break room and conference room stayed clean, and also made sure that there was fresh coffee available through out the day. During my free time I would work on the to-do list for the Human Resource Manager calendar, and help schedule meetings and appointments for other co-workers through the office that didn't have time to manger their calendar. I would also order office supplies, send or pay bills, check and prepare incoming and outgoing mailing. If there were conference meetings going on I would prepare all documents that were needed, order lunch for the meetings, and check periodically to see if they needed anything.

The team staff and management were always very professional and kind. I enjoyed working for the wonderful company, there was nothing that I didn't like about it.
Pros
Great work enironment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HNTB Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.