Hoag Hospital Employee Reviews

typical day
Food Service Worker II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 8, 2017
Management wasn't what I expect, getting promoted was very hard, the work environment wasn't up to par with the pay. love the working experiment, overall.
Pros
astmosphere
Cons
pay scale
Hoag
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 4, 2017
I enjoyed working at both Hoag Irvine and Newport. They pay well, good bonuses and nice perks. However, there seems to be alot of clash of personalities and the turnover rate is high.
Interesting
Certified Wound and Ostomy Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 3, 2017
I worked with two other Wound care Nurses who were very experienced and I was able to learn many things from them. I covered various units and enjoyed getting to know the staff. When I worked weekends I covered the whole hospital and I liked the autonomy. Wound care and the teaching of new ostomy patients is never boring.
Pros
I really liked the two Wound Care Nurses I worked with
not ajob
Clinical Care Extender Intern (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 5, 2017
This was an internship for me and I was basically a medical aide, as expected. I learned a lot about working in a hospital along the side the staff. Helped me get into PA school.
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 5, 2017
Provides good training and support and opportunities to their volunteer workforce. Show appreciation for their volunteers. A chance to see behind the scenes of a busy, thriving hospital.
Pros
Happy employees
Amazing atmosphere with high quality service
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 18, 2017
Hoag hospital has been an amazing learning and working experience. I interned there and received a position for per diem right out of ultrasound school. I have learned a tremendous amount and very grateful for the hands on and eager teachers.
Hoag Hospital
Radiology Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 11, 2017
I really enjoyed working with everyone and the patients are also amazing. I had the opportunity to grow and expand my medical knowledge and learn more then I ever thought I would.
Willing to train, patient learning environment
Clerical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA 92660June 1, 2017
Hoag was a great place to work. I believe they offer great opportunity to the new graduate. They offer many opportunities to educate the nurses on relevant health issues as well as offer competitive pay and retirement packages as well as education compensation up to 6,000.00 dollars after 1 year employment. Hoag Hospital really strives to be a leader in community education as well as valuing their employees.
I love how hoag really thrives on hiring employees from within. as an organization they really encourage employment growth.
They offer great benefits such as affordable health insurance and a easy to understand retirement plan to education reimbursement.
The most difficult part of the job was handling the work load. I felt like 3 people were needed to do my job.
Pros
Great opportunity for advancement
Cons
They will work you to the max, some nurses felt like the patient to RN loads was more than they could handle.
great place to work
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 22, 2017
great place to work. everyone is really helpful and caring. this company cares about their staff and make us feel appreciated. loved working here and all my co workers
high quality work place
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 5, 2017
Everyone is equal, nobody starts at the bottom. Management is very fair. A great place to excel at your job! You will learn a lot! Various facilities around.
Pros
great cafeteria, good work flow
Multiple Tasking, Friendly, Team Work
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cancer CenterApril 26, 2017
I would go back to Hoag if possible, I feel like I can play a better role at home doing Part-Time for now. My memories at Hoag are all wonderful and I always recommend it to others about my learning experiences with great co-workers and the opportunity they provide is exceptional. I truly miss the team work given and the great aspect of having to work in a growing facility that never lets you feel unknown, but always important.
Pros
Always had someone to help me as needed
Cons
Hiours started to diminsh prior to less patient appts.
positive
Totalmed IT Consultant Temporary Contractor (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 26, 2017
Great people and diversity. The location has access to major location.s. It is one of the best hospitals to work for in terms of technology and work life environment.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
huge facility to support.
Excellent Staff
Admitting clerk (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 21, 2017
I worked in admitting where it was always busy and fun to help others navigate their way to the correct dept.

Employees and other Staff members were always helpful and happy to be of help. I learned a lot during my time there. I highly recommend Hoag as a great place to work.
Pros
Great Management and Staff
Best Hospital
Cert. Anesthesia Technologist (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 14, 2017
Best Hospital to work for. Very competitive pay. Excellent support from middle and upper management. Always able to count on others to help you out in a time of need. This place is by far the greatest employer to work for.
Hoag Hospital
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 4, 2017
Working at Hoag Hospital has allowed me to work with nurses and doctors to provide the best, quality patient care. I have enjoyed working there and have gained so much knowledge and experience.
The hospital is located in a beautiful place. The patients' rooms have beautiful views.
Bedside Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 26, 2017
I am a nurse with strong educational and experience background in Obstetrics. Therefore, the only thing I needed to learn was the unit documentation. However, the assignment was too heavy for a new nurse like me with no background in their computer documentation. I felt it was not a safe practice, so I resigned.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Heavy assignment
Managment
Clerical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Very sneaky upper management. They do kill the messenger!
Im very sad to say they pride themselves on how they look (floor wise) then how the patient feels..
Fun work environment. Helpful coworkers.
Registered Nurse, Cancer Center (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Enjoyed opportunity to learn advanced technologic procedures with an opportunity to teach as well. Liked to fun working environment in the donor center as well as helpfulness of coworkers, Enjoyed excellent in-services.
Pros
Helpful coworkers, good learning environment
Cons
Professional and caring work environment.
Patient Care Assistant/Clerical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Hoag hospital provides an excellent level of care to patients ans a caring and supportive work environment to staff. All of the fellow employees that I have encountered have been friendly and helpful.
large hospital with view of the beach
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 8, 2016
The ample variety of departments allows for growth within the company and gives you a sense of belonging to something that is much greater than yourself
Pros
Nice setting and good staff
Cons
Hard to get full-time positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hoag Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3