Hoag Hospital Employee Reviews

Professional and caring work environment.
Patient Care Assistant/Clerical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Hoag hospital provides an excellent level of care to patients ans a caring and supportive work environment to staff. All of the fellow employees that I have encountered have been friendly and helpful.
large hospital with view of the beach
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 8, 2016
The ample variety of departments allows for growth within the company and gives you a sense of belonging to something that is much greater than yourself
Pros
Nice setting and good staff
Cons
Hard to get full-time positions
great people
Telemetry Technician/Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 1, 2016
the opportunity to work at Hoag has been joyful from day one. I come to work each day knowing that it will more likely than not be a good day. I am lucky to be here
Productive and Caring Staff
Health Scholar Intern (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 8, 2016
The clinical staff at Hoag are upbeat and extremely caring. They provide excellent healthcare and are a pleasure to work alongside.
A top quality organization!
Vascular Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 31, 2016
High quality orientation. Excellent fiscal performance. Magnet certified with shared governance model. Entire organization is driven to excel.
Pros
Quality driven, magnet nursing facility, beautiful campus
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 21, 2016
I truly enjoyed working for/under Hoag Hospital for almost ten years. The management was responsive, truthful, and supportive. The benefits were great and can not be replaced.
Pros
All aspects of the job and company
Managment
Perioperative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 6, 2016
Our manager was excellent! He was very supportive of his staff. The compensation was the problem. The benefits were very good.
Pros
Manager
Cons
compensation
Excellent work environment
Admitting Representative/Clerical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 29, 2016
Every one is friendly and helpful.. Makes you feel you are at home. Excellent Benefits. Employment up to date with guidelines and policies
They should rename it Hoag High School
Clerical Coordinator Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 24, 2016
There are no professional boundries nor any respect for one another. Most of the employees are new grads with no sense of direction and feel that they don't need training because they are "good" and they were techs. This place is reckless and makes the good doctors and nurses look very bad.
Pros
Just having a job
Cons
everything
Excellent initial hospital experience
Clinical Care Extender Intern (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 7, 2016
Joining the team at Hoag as an intern was an enlightening experience that was invaluable to my future endeavors. Cycling through many different departments it allows you familiarity with many different departments and functions.
great placce to work for
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 3, 2016
Hoag Hospital is a great working environment. I enjoyed all of my work mates. The most difficult part of my job was loosing a patient. It was rewarding to be able to help others in their time of need.
great place to work
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 7, 2016
great place to work, great benefits. Surgeons and Nurse are all nice and always make sure that you get your hours. Schedules are always ahead and you can make changes when its possible.
Pros
great location
Cons
little far
Very Employee Focused Environment
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 11, 2015
Hoag provides a phenomenal work environment & consistently initiates new measures to ensure employee satisfaction and appreciation.
Hoag is like my family.
Nutritional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 11, 2015
I enjoyed working at Hoag and received a lot of support from supervisor and co-workers. Hoag gave many opportunities for personally or group growth and identified employee's achievements. It provided good benefits and job secure for all employees.
Likes to work with people.
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 29, 2015
Self-motivated,responsible and dependable with strong sales and customer service background. Can share my knowledge with coworkers to benefit your company.
Pros
Great work environment. Helpful coworkers, and management that can effectively communicate.
Cons
Good experience and pleasant working environment
Phlebotomist (CPT) (Current Employee) –  irvine, caJune 23, 2015
I have learned to find a vein anywhere on the patient's body. Especially when they are isolation patients and/or limited to draw spots due to removed lymph nodes or shunts. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the many different patients and their unique conditions. Also, the experience of working directly with dr.'s and nurses has been a great learning experience.
Excellent first job.
Clinical Care Extender Intern (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 22, 2015
A fun work environment with friendly coworkers and decent management. Unfortunate that this particular branch closed it's doors for good.
Not fun at all
CNA/PCA (Current Employee) –  CAJune 1, 2015
The day start helping the nurses to prepare to the patients for a surgery, then after go to recovery room, help them to get dress and take them out to been pick them up, a get alog with everybody, the hardest part is my supervisor, she is a very bossy and demanding person, in one word is very hard person to work with. The enjoyable part of the job is when I clock out and go home.
Pros
SOMETIMES, FREE LUNCHES
Cons
HEALTH CARE
Excellent Hospital that inspires pride.
Cat Scan Technologist (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 1, 2015
Hoag is a fast paced, high volume environment of care with an excellent team of dedicated professionals. Once you come aboard your immediately caught up in the energy and overall action of the environment. It is like playing for a super bowl NFL team!!
Pros
Excellent team atmosphere, high paced energetic environment.
Cons
There is always room for improvement
My favorite place I have worked
Emergency Room Technician & Scribe (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 11, 2015
I started here as a scribe then I was an ER technician. The technicians, nurses, doctors, and all other personnel are trained above and beyond and go above and beyond.
Pros
the personal, the company
Cons
not sure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hoag Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3