Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian Employee Reviews

Extremely Fast Pace and Challenging Place to work
Desktop Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CA 92663October 28, 2017
Great people to work with. Great Hospital. Proud to be a staff member in support of our clinicians.

From the Start of a busy day with Ops Daily meeting to summarize the prior night activity and Ops Huddle to review with all team to review on-going trends, issues, and "Shout-Outs" it is place where the objective is the user and resolving those issues. But the best part is when asking for assistance from another group where the manager will assign a resource.
Great learning experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 26, 2017
I enjoyed my learning experience working at Hoag Memorial Hospital. The staff is nice. I worked nights, so I had little contact with management. The charge nurses were knowledgeable and helpful.
Life balance and great work team
Accounting Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 19, 2017
Hoag is a great place to work and has a great life balance. The team works together as a team. The company creates a great environment and compensates their employees with gatherings.
Cons
health programs
Medium
Registered Nurse, Staff (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 12, 2017
medium. Ok working at this company. typical day, slow. learned about management and work place culture. Hardest part of job was understanding the culture. Most enjoyable part of the job was making a difference.
Incredible place to work with opportunity to grow.
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 12, 2017
Great place to work as a team with motivated peers to deliver excellent service to the O.R. and various floors of the hospital. Many opportunities to learn and develop crucial skills as well as room to grow and move up within the hospital. Fast paced environment requires strenuous activity at times and can be very demanding physically. Feel great about the work you do and the peers you get to work with!
Pros
Employee benifits, discounts and recognition.
Cons
Strenuous, demanding, and physical.
Inform the RN of any changes (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 12, 2017
Hoag Memorial is a great place to work. Great staff, they are all friendly and kind. Would recommend Hoag to friends and family. Staff is very knowledgeable goes the extra mile for the client.
unfair pay due to gender
Radiology Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 4, 2017
I am female with over 12 years medical (pharmacy technician) and also have my Bachelors degree in business management was hired on at 17.75. I was on my way to a new hospital when a male without any medical back ground and only a high school diploma was hired in at $20 an hour to less work than I. very disheartening.
Good work environment with great co workers
Epilepsy monitoring technician (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 8, 2017
Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian is an amazing place to expand not only as a person but as a worker. They offer programs to better your knowledge which I think is great!
Quality Patient Care Environment
Patient Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 7, 2017
Hoag is dedicated to serve the patients, families, the community, and its workers. Hoag employees are welcomed and cared for by management. Hoag provides great compensation and benefits, as well as an opportunity for growth within the company.
Pros
Bonuses in certain departments
Cons
n/a
Horrible management, horrible environment, no advancements
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 2, 2017
This place is horrible. Most cowrkers are gossiping, talking about one another, rumors! Very uncomfortable environment. Management participates in taling about people. No support at all. No advancement opportunities, unless you're besties with the management!
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Good
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 3, 2017
Hoag is a great place to work. The run LEAN, and will have layoffs every couple of years. This is normal now of days. I would like to work there again.
Ten hour days
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 17, 2017
Extremely face paced environment which requires me to be an attention to detail multi-tasker. Responsible for daily operations utilizing technical, creative and critical thinking skills to reach departmental and organizational goals.
Pros
10 hour days
Cons
No breaks, working lunches
Phlebotomy in Newport Beach
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 14, 2017
I have been a phlebotomist working on a trauma team for 19 years prior to working at Hoag Hospital. Hoag is BY FAR the absolute WORST job I have EVER had. The leads and management do NOT handle any issues, they just sweep everything "under the rug". If you are pretty or cute, they are even worse!!! My work picture hanging on the wall in the lab got de-faced twice, and nothing was done about it. Just an absolute horrible place to work.
Pros
Location, which is now thing when the job is horrible.
Cons
Unprofessional management and co-workers!!!
Hoag was a great volunteer experience.
Health Scholar (Current Employee) –  Newport, CAApril 13, 2017
I enjoyed volunteering with Hoag Hospital. A typical day changed based on the floor I would volunteer on, but usually involved restocking materials and assisting the staff in any tasks that needed to be done.
Amazing place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 7, 2017
I enjoyed working here and decided to stay due to the amazing staff. Patient safety is of utmost importance here and I learned to hone my skills to become a more proficient nurse while also utilizing evidence based practices to ensure proper care. The hardest part of the job was mainly due to working nights for over a year and missing a regular sleep pattern.
Great Hospital, Poor Compensation
Registered Nurse Critical Care (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 4, 2017
The hospital is amazing and the staff are wonderful. The hospital however has one of the lowest compensation plans for nurses in al of orange county. The hardest part of the job was being treated like you're expendable. The best part are your co-workers and actually feeling like you make a difference in peoples lives.
The Doctors make a difference at Hoag un
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 25, 2017
I love Hoag Hospital! I learned a lot when I worked at Hoag. The Doctors and Nurses are great. Management could be a hit and miss! Unfortunately I got a horrible bad manager with lack of experience and she wasn't professional or easy to approach!!
Pros
Excellent Doctors
Cons
It was a friendly and uplifting work environment. Everyone was great to work with
Intern (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 1, 2016
I was an intern within the health department. My daily responsibilities were typical to send and/or respond to email/ phone calls pertaining to events being held by the hospital at that time.
I also spent my internship researching and informing co-workers through flyers about health issues and helpful tips to stay healthy, both mentally and physically.
Pros
free lunches from time to time, co-workers were helpful with the learning process in the work environment, a lot of independent work
Most hands-on learning experience
Clinical Care Extender Intern (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 23, 2016
• Clinical duties: aide patients by feeding, bathing, transporting, ambulating, and discharging.
Administrative duties: Assisted secretary’s desk by picking up phone calls and answering call lights, taking messages for the staff and patients.
• Rotated through the following floors: Medical Pulmonary, Medical Surgical, Brain & Spine, Labor & Delivery, Emergency Room and Intervention Radiology.
• Gained experience by watching procedures and from shadowing and learning from Physicians, Respiratory Therapists, Registered Nurses, and Physical Therapists on different floors.
Beautiful hospital but less than competitive pay
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 13, 2016
Hoag is great place to work with great employees. Only real downside is that they don't have competitive salaries for the employees. It hurts to know that if you left Hoag and went to kaiser, not only would you get more money but you wouldn't have to work as hard(frustrating). However, it is a beautiful hospital with high standards, they just need to pay more.