Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian Employee Reviews

Team player co-workers
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 7, 2015
The staff were very helpful and worked as a team. The resources provided at this hospital were very useful in my role as a nursing assistant to provide the care that was needed to my patients. This organization was very organized in order to prevent errors from occuring.
Understand your rights
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 26, 2015
You must read and understand the rules and regulations the hospital provides for because sometime they will try to abuse and overuse you. Pay was decent. The employees I can say are great for the most part and the environment is great. The hospital is clean with decent technology.
Good work place can be hard at times
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 8, 2015
I have learn a lot form my time at hoag. They have provided me a lot of opportunity. The work load can be heavy at times. The composition and benefit are good. However working in the nutrition department can be very physically demanding. Managers are great they will work with your shedule
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Heavy work load
High quality patient care given
Clinical Nurse II, Coronary Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 15, 2015
If my family or I had to be admitted into the hospital, I would choose Hoag. I trust the high quality care they deliver there. They do what is best for the patient. Nurse and doctors are intelligent and work hard.
Excellent work environment with high standards and many opportunities to grow through challenging and rewarding experiences
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 22, 2015
Great work environment, from the management down to the per diem staff as well as the radiologist team... everyone upheld the highest standards in imaging and patient care. Every day there was an opportunity to learn something new and grow as an ultrasound tech from the vast knowledge of the well tenured team of senior techs and gracious mentorship from many of the radiologists.

(Prior to being hired on as a per diem tech, I spent over 1 year as an intern at this facility and regard every moment as a truly rewarding learning experience.)
Pros
challenging through high volume and high standards encouraged rapid growth as a tech
Cons
due to it being such a positive environment, 90% of staff had been there >7+ years (full time), so the hours for the couple of us per diem techs were very sparse
Best medical facility I ever worked at, hands down!! I miss it!
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Being the second medical facility employed at as a Phlebotomist, or Venipuncture Tech II as they called the more experienced techs there, I feel this facility was, and I'm sure...still is, one of the most friendly, family type facilities, as well as being one of the most high end and technically excellent hospitals in Southern California! I thoroughly enjoyed my employment there and loved my coworkers and felt I truly belonged. Unfortunately, after moving a great distance away, and then suffering an injury, I was forced to leave the facility. The medical providers there were, and I'm sure, still are...the best!
Pros
great christmas staff parties! wonderful training and quality assurance! total "family" feeling!
Cons
sometimes shorthanded and stressful, and somewhat poilitical...(!)
Good company...lots of changes
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Just like any company in the healthcare field, there are lots of changes taking place. A lot of uncertainty on what lies ahead. Good company and culture though. I enjoy working here but not a lot of room for advancement.
Lead Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 6, 2014
Days full of challenges.
Learned a lot about Diets and Nutrition.
Management is great in all aspects.
Co-workers make you feel like of their own family.
Pros
pto (paid time off), great medical insurance.
High regard for the institution and the quality of treatment provided.
Medical Transcriptionist - Rad Onc Dept (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CaliforniaSeptember 19, 2014
Solely responsible for transcription editing. Backed up coworkers for their responsibilities when needed.
VERY PRODUCTIVE
SPD INSTRUMENT TECH (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 21, 2014
VERY BUSY PLACE WITH HIGH TECHNOLOGY.
VERY WELL ORGANIZE.
A GOOD PLACE TO LEARN AND GET THE BEST EXPERIENCE.
not a great place to work
former nurse (Former Employee) –  irvine ,newportAugust 8, 2014
Nurses are overworked, management does not step up to back nurses up. You are just a number there and unfortunately reflecting on to the care we give. Turnover is high for both Irvine and Newport .
Pros
nurses i worked with were nice and valued great work
Cons
you get repremanded for ot even if you are still doing your job.
A good place to gain experience
Patient Care Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 4, 2014
The usual day starts at 7am. You will need to get report and start your rounds. Rounds consists of analyzing the patients and their rooms as well as taking their vitals, handing them their breakfast taking them to the restroom (if needed) and along the way you will be required to chart. You will also need to help patients ADL's. The day will continue similar till about 7:30pm when the shift is over

Everything I know is due to many helpful individuals. I learned from how to chart to how to deal with a hostile situation. Many people are willing to help you get into a routine. Management can be tough but just like anywhere else you can also have those higher ranked employees treat you like you are family.

I enjoyed interacting with others, helping out in whatever it was people may have needed my help and making a difference everyday. Seeing people smile and express their appreciation towards my work was the best.
I enjoyed working there
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 21, 2014
Liked my job very much and the people I worked with. It was interesting and challenging.
Hoag and the IT Dept.
BUSINESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  NEWPORT BEACHJuly 15, 2014
IF YOU PLAN ON GETTING HIRED AT HOAG - RUN AWAY AND GO SOME PLACE ELSE.

IT MANAGERS ARE UNPROFESSIONAL AND A LOT OF IGNORANT MANAGERS WHO REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THE BUSINESS IS AND FLOWS AND PRETEND TO KNOW IT ALL. ALWAYS PUSHING OUT UPGRADED AND THEN RUNNING AROUND LIKE CHICKEN AFTER THE PUSH.

THEIR PLANNING ON UPGRADES IS THE LOWEST IN THE FIELD.

ALWAYS CHEERING ON BUT ARE FAKES.
THEY DO NOT HAVE AN OPEN DOOR POLICY BUT PRETEND TO HAVE ONE

VRY TOP HEAVY IN IT AND HR

MANAGERS AND ABOVE MAKE TOO MUCH MONEY

MANAGER CAN MAKE FROM 150k - 175k
DIRECTORS FROM 175K - 250k
CIO 550k

SCM IS A WASTE OF MONEY AND SHOULD BE REPLACED WITH EPIC

HOI IS CO OWNED BY THE DOCS THERE AND UTILIZE HOAG EMNPLOYEES....GOOD LUCK ON VOCING YOUR OPINION THERE BECAUSE THE NEXT DAY YOUR ARE GONE..

THEY ARE IN IT FOR THE MONEY NOW
Pros
the equal employee
Cons
micro manage
disappointing work place
Admitting Rep III (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMarch 23, 2014
Its who you know not what you know that gets you promoted. Benefits has got worse over the years. Fake image with Hoag Pride and Great Place to Work program. Management acts like they care but only look out for the people the like. Don't trust anyone because its everyone for themselves here.
Pros
family work life balance
Cons
poor pay compare to other oc hospital. poor management with little leadership skills
Great hospital
Executive Assistant/Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 12, 2014
I learned a lot from Hoag. Great manager, decent pay, good hours.
Great Hospital
Dispatch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Overall this is a great place to work. The staff is very patient centered and friendly, and the overall environment is nicer than any other hospital I has worked at. However, the salary is not comparable to other hospitals in the area. In most positions there is great opportunity for growth.
Pros
prestigious hospital, great staff, great environment
Cons
benefits have decreased over the years
Greatest thing that i think to date that i have ever done
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 30, 2014
working with the best that the navy has to offer. making sure that patients get access to top quality health care.
Pros
being able to expand my knowledge and train others
Cons
n/a
Great leadership and good co-workers
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 12, 2014
We have a great leadership team and co-workers always willing to help each other.
Very positive and warm environment.
Clinical Care Extender (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CANovember 7, 2013
My daily duties included food preparation for patients, restocking medical supplies, assisting nursing staff, and interacting with patients.
Pros
clinical experience and uplifting atmosphere.
Cons
no healthcare benefits.