Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian Employee Reviews in United States

Love my job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 9, 2016
I enjoy working for Hoag Medical Group Pediatrics because of the patients. I love each and every one of them. I love working here but I would like to grow and make more money. My co-workers are awesome. They're like sisters to me. The doctors I work for are very nice and make me feel like I'm equal to them. The hardest part of my job would be seeing sick kids. Management is patient and nice as well.
Pros
free lunches, lots of laughs and good friends
Cons
rude patients
good place to gain experience
EVS (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 18, 2016
a lot of things could be better but it is an ok place to get into the medical field. must kiss butt to advance. gossip and politics make for a hostile work environment
Pros
a lot of good people around
Cons
hard to advance. a lot of politics and gossip
Team is great but management not always there to back you up.
Telemetry Technician - Clerical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 24, 2016
People are great, but sometimes you get the feeling of being easily replaceable. Communication is not exactly on point.
Team player co-workers
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 7, 2015
The staff were very helpful and worked as a team. The resources provided at this hospital were very useful in my role as a nursing assistant to provide the care that was needed to my patients. This organization was very organized in order to prevent errors from occuring.
Understand your rights
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 26, 2015
You must read and understand the rules and regulations the hospital provides for because sometime they will try to abuse and overuse you. Pay was decent. The employees I can say are great for the most part and the environment is great. The hospital is clean with decent technology.
Good work place can be hard at times
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 8, 2015
I have learn a lot form my time at hoag. They have provided me a lot of opportunity. The work load can be heavy at times. The composition and benefit are good. However working in the nutrition department can be very physically demanding. Managers are great they will work with your shedule
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Heavy work load
Excellent work environment with high standards and many opportunities to grow through challenging and rewarding experiences
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 22, 2015
Great work environment, from the management down to the per diem staff as well as the radiologist team... everyone upheld the highest standards in imaging and patient care. Every day there was an opportunity to learn something new and grow as an ultrasound tech from the vast knowledge of the well tenured team of senior techs and gracious mentorship from many of the radiologists.

(Prior to being hired on as a per diem tech, I spent over 1 year as an intern at this facility and regard every moment as a truly rewarding learning experience.)
Pros
challenging through high volume and high standards encouraged rapid growth as a tech
Cons
due to it being such a positive environment, 90% of staff had been there >7+ years (full time), so the hours for the couple of us per diem techs were very sparse
High quality patient care given
Clinical Nurse II, Coronary Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 15, 2015
If my family or I had to be admitted into the hospital, I would choose Hoag. I trust the high quality care they deliver there. They do what is best for the patient. Nurse and doctors are intelligent and work hard.
Best medical facility I ever worked at, hands down!! I miss it!
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Being the second medical facility employed at as a Phlebotomist, or Venipuncture Tech II as they called the more experienced techs there, I feel this facility was, and I'm sure...still is, one of the most friendly, family type facilities, as well as being one of the most high end and technically excellent hospitals in Southern California! I thoroughly enjoyed my employment there and loved my coworkers and felt I truly belonged. Unfortunately, after moving a great distance away, and then suffering an injury, I was forced to leave the facility. The medical providers there were, and I'm sure, still are...the best!
Pros
great christmas staff parties! wonderful training and quality assurance! total "family" feeling!
Cons
sometimes shorthanded and stressful, and somewhat poilitical...(!)
Healthy, well respected Hospital setting.
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 25, 2013
Responsible for case management of at least 12 patients to include treatment planning, education, group and family therapy. Lectures, group facilitation and individual therapy. I learned to enlist other professionals to develop co-education activities to enhance a more in depth treatment experience in a short time. Co-workers were open to working together for common goal and supportive of each other. Most difficult was intervention on family members who sabotage treatment. Most enjoyable was the long term success experienced in this setting.
Pros
healthy, respected environment.
Cons
smaller part of a bigger machine.
disappointing work place
Admitting Rep III (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMarch 23, 2014
Its who you know not what you know that gets you promoted. Benefits has got worse over the years. Fake image with Hoag Pride and Great Place to Work program. Management acts like they care but only look out for the people the like. Don't trust anyone because its everyone for themselves here.
Pros
family work life balance
Cons
poor pay compare to other oc hospital. poor management with little leadership skills
Hoag Hospital is a hospital that I would recommend to both a possible patient or a possible employee
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 23, 2012
While it was busy, I found the work challenging and rewarding. I
appreciated the evidence-based education provided and the high
quality of policies and procedures present in my working experience
on the Maternal-Child Health unit. The working team from Director to my fellow teammates were always supportive and willing to
assist whenever needed. I was proud to be employed by Hoag
Hospital.
Pros
a wonderful and supportive working team
Hoag and the IT Dept.
BUSINESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  NEWPORT BEACHJuly 15, 2014
If you plan on getting hired at hoag - run away and go some place else.

It managers are unprofessional and a lot of ignorant managers who really do not understand how the business is and flows and pretend to know it all. Always pushing out upgraded and then running around like chicken after the push.

Their planning on upgrades is the lowest in the field.

Always cheering on but are fakes.
They do not have an open door policy but pretend to have one

Vry top heavy in it and hr

Managers and above make too much money

Manager can make from 150k - 175k
Directors from 175k - 250k
Cio 550k

Scm is a waste of money and should be replaced with epic

Hoi is co owned by the docs there and utilize hoag emnployees....Good luck on vocing your opinion there because the next day your are gone..

They are in it for the money now
Pros
the equal employee
Cons
micro manage
Titanic Hoag is sinking in the Pacfic Ocean
Emergency Room Staff (Former Employee) –  Irvine/Newport BeachApril 11, 2013
If you happen to find work here, don't expect to stay long or think there is room for advancement. Hoag is losing ground on so many categories as a reputable hospital. Recent media reports has Hoag losing government funding through Joint Commission, OSHA violations and poor patient care...it's no surprise why there have been so many negative reviews from previous staff members.
Good place to work, would go back
Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 4, 2013
Over all, I enjoyed my time at Hoag. Things were starting to change a bit toward the end of my time there, and that was in part why I left to seek other career opportunities. Over all tho, I would recommend working here to others. Paid time off, great medical benefits, good pay and room to move to other departments and up. ( they don't come up often, but they do come up)
Pros
free food sometimes, benefits, time off
Great Hospital
Dispatch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Overall this is a great place to work. The staff is very patient centered and friendly, and the overall environment is nicer than any other hospital I has worked at. However, the salary is not comparable to other hospitals in the area. In most positions there is great opportunity for growth.
Pros
prestigious hospital, great staff, great environment
Cons
benefits have decreased over the years
Management does not value nurses
RN (Former Employee) –  Hoag Newport BeachJanuary 5, 2013
I worked for this company for 10 years. I sung nothing but praises for them for 80% of my time there. However, things changed. Short staffed every day I came to work the last couple of years. They refuse to use registry nurses when in critical staffing! They tell you that you can go up to 10 hours during a 12 hour shift without a break. In my opinion if they don't care about the nurses, then they don't care about the patients. I felt unsafe as a nurse there, and left. I will not risk my license and put my patients at risk Don't let the ocean view fool you. They brag about being a magnet hospital, but Magnet is about Nurses. The management here does not value the nurses at all. It's all about the budget and the mighty dollar.
Pros
ocean view
Cons
lack of support from managment, short staffed, lack of breaks in a timely manner
Irvine crew is severly unprofessional and haters
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  labOctober 7, 2013
work at Newport Only. Management changed and turned into a horrible job. Bad core group of employees in Irvine always fighting. Terrible management. when they replace the nasty group of people along with the horrible management the place has potential.
Pros
newport rocks, irvine doesnt
Cons
bad management/ unprofessional lazy nasty employees
Good company...lots of changes
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Just like any company in the healthcare field, there are lots of changes taking place. A lot of uncertainty on what lies ahead. Good company and culture though. I enjoy working here but not a lot of room for advancement.
not a great place to work
former nurse (Former Employee) –  irvine ,newportAugust 8, 2014
Nurses are overworked, management does not step up to back nurses up. You are just a number there and unfortunately reflecting on to the care we give. Turnover is high for both Irvine and Newport .
Pros
nurses i worked with were nice and valued great work
Cons
you get repremanded for ot even if you are still doing your job.

Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian Reviews by Location