Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian Employee Reviews

It was a friendly and uplifting work environment. Everyone was great to work with
Intern (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 1, 2016
I was an intern within the health department. My daily responsibilities were typical to send and/or respond to email/ phone calls pertaining to events being held by the hospital at that time.
I also spent my internship researching and informing co-workers through flyers about health issues and helpful tips to stay healthy, both mentally and physically.
Pros
free lunches from time to time, co-workers were helpful with the learning process in the work environment, a lot of independent work
Most hands-on learning experience
Clinical Care Extender Intern (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 23, 2016
• Clinical duties: aide patients by feeding, bathing, transporting, ambulating, and discharging.
Administrative duties: Assisted secretary’s desk by picking up phone calls and answering call lights, taking messages for the staff and patients.
• Rotated through the following floors: Medical Pulmonary, Medical Surgical, Brain & Spine, Labor & Delivery, Emergency Room and Intervention Radiology.
• Gained experience by watching procedures and from shadowing and learning from Physicians, Respiratory Therapists, Registered Nurses, and Physical Therapists on different floors.
Beautiful hospital but less than competitive pay
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 13, 2016
Hoag is great place to work with great employees. Only real downside is that they don't have competitive salaries for the employees. It hurts to know that if you left Hoag and went to kaiser, not only would you get more money but you wouldn't have to work as hard(frustrating). However, it is a beautiful hospital with high standards, they just need to pay more.
Team is great but management not always there to back you up.
Telemetry Technician - Clerical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 24, 2016
People are great, but sometimes you get the feeling of being easily replaceable. Communication is not exactly on point.
good place to gain experience
EVS (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 18, 2016
a lot of things could be better but it is an ok place to get into the medical field. must kiss butt to advance. gossip and politics make for a hostile work environment
Pros
a lot of good people around
Cons
hard to advance. a lot of politics and gossip
Love my job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 9, 2016
I enjoy working for Hoag Medical Group Pediatrics because of the patients. I love each and every one of them. I love working here but I would like to grow and make more money. My co-workers are awesome. They're like sisters to me. The doctors I work for are very nice and make me feel like I'm equal to them. The hardest part of my job would be seeing sick kids. Management is patient and nice as well.
Pros
free lunches, lots of laughs and good friends
Cons
rude patients
Team player co-workers
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CASeptember 7, 2015
The staff were very helpful and worked as a team. The resources provided at this hospital were very useful in my role as a nursing assistant to provide the care that was needed to my patients. This organization was very organized in order to prevent errors from occuring.
Understand your rights
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 26, 2015
You must read and understand the rules and regulations the hospital provides for because sometime they will try to abuse and overuse you. Pay was decent. The employees I can say are great for the most part and the environment is great. The hospital is clean with decent technology.
Good work place can be hard at times
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 8, 2015
I have learn a lot form my time at hoag. They have provided me a lot of opportunity. The work load can be heavy at times. The composition and benefit are good. However working in the nutrition department can be very physically demanding. Managers are great they will work with your shedule
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Heavy work load
High quality patient care given
Clinical Nurse II, Coronary Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 15, 2015
If my family or I had to be admitted into the hospital, I would choose Hoag. I trust the high quality care they deliver there. They do what is best for the patient. Nurse and doctors are intelligent and work hard.

Want to know more about Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian?

Ask a question
Excellent work environment with high standards and many opportunities to grow through challenging and rewarding experiences
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAApril 22, 2015
Great work environment, from the management down to the per diem staff as well as the radiologist team... everyone upheld the highest standards in imaging and patient care. Every day there was an opportunity to learn something new and grow as an ultrasound tech from the vast knowledge of the well tenured team of senior techs and gracious mentorship from many of the radiologists.

(Prior to being hired on as a per diem tech, I spent over 1 year as an intern at this facility and regard every moment as a truly rewarding learning experience.)
Pros
challenging through high volume and high standards encouraged rapid growth as a tech
Cons
due to it being such a positive environment, 90% of staff had been there >7+ years (full time), so the hours for the couple of us per diem techs were very sparse
Best medical facility I ever worked at, hands down!! I miss it!
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Being the second medical facility employed at as a Phlebotomist, or Venipuncture Tech II as they called the more experienced techs there, I feel this facility was, and I'm sure...still is, one of the most friendly, family type facilities, as well as being one of the most high end and technically excellent hospitals in Southern California! I thoroughly enjoyed my employment there and loved my coworkers and felt I truly belonged. Unfortunately, after moving a great distance away, and then suffering an injury, I was forced to leave the facility. The medical providers there were, and I'm sure, still are...the best!
Pros
Great Christmas staff parties! Wonderful training and quality assurance! Total "family" feeling!
Cons
Sometimes shorthanded and stressful, and somewhat poilitical...(!)
Good company...lots of changes
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Just like any company in the healthcare field, there are lots of changes taking place. A lot of uncertainty on what lies ahead. Good company and culture though. I enjoy working here but not a lot of room for advancement.
Lead Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 6, 2014
Days full of challenges.
Learned a lot about Diets and Nutrition.
Management is great in all aspects.
Co-workers make you feel like of their own family.
Pros
PTO (Paid Time Off), great medical insurance.
High regard for the institution and the quality of treatment provided.
Medical Transcriptionist - Rad Onc Dept (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CaliforniaSeptember 19, 2014
Solely responsible for transcription editing. Backed up coworkers for their responsibilities when needed.
Very productive
SPD INSTRUMENT TECH (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 21, 2014
Very busy place with high technology.
Very well organize.
A good place to learn and get the best experience.
not a great place to work
former nurse (Former Employee) –  irvine ,newportAugust 8, 2014
Nurses are overworked, management does not step up to back nurses up. You are just a number there and unfortunately reflecting on to the care we give. Turnover is high for both Irvine and Newport .
Pros
nurses I worked with were nice and valued great work
Cons
you get repremanded for OT even if you are still doing your job.
A good place to gain experience
Patient Care Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 4, 2014
The usual day starts at 7am. You will need to get report and start your rounds. Rounds consists of analyzing the patients and their rooms as well as taking their vitals, handing them their breakfast taking them to the restroom (if needed) and along the way you will be required to chart. You will also need to help patients ADL's. The day will continue similar till about 7:30pm when the shift is over

Everything I know is due to many helpful individuals. I learned from how to chart to how to deal with a hostile situation. Many people are willing to help you get into a routine. Management can be tough but just like anywhere else you can also have those higher ranked employees treat you like you are family.

I enjoyed interacting with others, helping out in whatever it was people may have needed my help and making a difference everyday. Seeing people smile and express their appreciation towards my work was the best.
I enjoyed working there
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 21, 2014
Liked my job very much and the people I worked with. It was interesting and challenging.
Hoag and the IT Dept.
BUSINESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  NEWPORT BEACHJuly 15, 2014
If you plan on getting hired at hoag - run away and go some place else.

It managers are unprofessional and a lot of ignorant managers who really do not understand how the business is and flows and pretend to know it all. Always pushing out upgraded and then running around like chicken after the push.

Their planning on upgrades is the lowest in the field.

Always cheering on but are fakes.
They do not have an open door policy but pretend to have one

Vry top heavy in it and hr

Managers and above make too much money

Manager can make from 150k - 175k
Directors from 175k - 250k
Cio 550k

Scm is a waste of money and should be replaced with epic

Hoi is co owned by the docs there and utilize hoag emnployees....Good luck on vocing your opinion there because the next day your are gone..

They are in it for the money now
Pros
THE EQUAL EMPLOYEE
Cons
MICRO MANAGE

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian. Our community is ready to answer.

Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian Reviews by Location