Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Employer Reviews

Relaxed, informative, productive, and comfortable workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: salary increases, employees rewards, bonuses
Cons: rearranging and replacing of products, ladder climbing
Relaxed, productive, and comfortable workplace. The hardest part of the job was arranging and replacing of the retail merchandise, which I learned to do somewhat accurately. The most enjoyable part of the job was finding out different ways the customers used some of the merchandise.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Liverpool, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Hobby Lobby gave me the opportunity to learn a new field of work. I enjoyed the job and the people I worked with.
Cool place to work.
Order Puller (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OkJanuary 26, 2015
The day at work is a good day. The managers like to make the job harder than what it really is. May be harder to advance if you are not a favorite. Other than that it's a great job to work for. Pays great.
Hobby Lobby
Associate (Former Employee), Snellville, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: poor management
I spent every day going behind other associates fixing their mistakes. The building management failed to show the people building she shelving units how to do the job right, so the shelves would be askew/not flush/not connected. Upon completing the assembly of the shelves most of the people would mosey around as the rest of us stocked the shelves. Someone smashed their car door into mine, and because the parking lot is completely separate from any other building means it was one of the workers. Upon bringing this up to management they refused to help and now I'm stuck with a banged up car door. Once the store was stocked they got rid of all of the men with the exception of one or two. I stayed late every day they asked me to and made sure to keep myself busy without guidance. I stayed late every time they asked and even worked on Sunday, which they claim to be against doing for religious purposes. The benefits we were promised did not work until after the store we built opened. I was let go the day before it opened.
Always Something to Do Here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJanuary 26, 2015
I am both a busybody and a "Type A" personality, and Hobby Lobby met every single one of my idiosyncrasies. There was always someone to talk to (you'd see thousands of interesting customers a day), something new to see (products), and something to do (stocking, re-stocking, directing customers to products, checking out, etc). Co-workers were friendly enough, but it's not like you'd see too much of them if you were not in the same department anyway. The pay was decent for the work expected, and I LOVED the 15% employee discount on all purchases.
Great place to work, Great schedule and benefits
Department Manager (Former Employee), Hixson, TNJanuary 26, 2015
Great place to work, Great schedule and benefits. While working at Hobby Lobby you are never bored. Seasons set changes and the steady flow of customers keep you so busy the day flies by.
Enjoyed working with customers
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barboursville, WVJanuary 26, 2015
Management was very nice, I was used all over the store with my retail and management background. Most important I truly enjoyed was waiting on the customers
Great pay, a lot of hours for full time employees.
Department Manager (Former Employee), Biloxi, MississippiJanuary 23, 2015
Management decides whether it is a great place to work or not. A lot of work to be done, you are always busy. Holiday hours are brutal but overtime is great.
Staitforward Training
Warehouse Worker (Temp) (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJanuary 22, 2015
I liked the knowledgeable managers. There was friendly co-workers. The hardest part was learning to work with difficult customers.
Hobby Lobby
Dept. Manager of Home Accents (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: sundays off, discount on store goods
Cons: poor managment and no accountability. lazy people get lazier, hard working people have to work harder. truck day brings them out.
It was nice having Sundays off but overall not a good environment. They hire people in at full time wage that have zero skills and the old people have to compensate. Management does not make them do anything so they learn they can get by doing the minimum.
Fast paced retail
Sales Associate / Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Bridgeton, MOJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good pay for retail
Cons: not enough hours
This is a fast paced job. Many responsibilities: ordering product, merchandising, inventory, maintaining a certain department, helping customers, plus.
Very productive environment with excellent work/family balance
Custom Art Framer (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: sundays off
Cons: short lunches
I designed and built custom art and photo frames and shadow boxes to customers specifications. Assisted customers with the design that they desired and assembled the said frames. The company trained me in this position and due to the hard work that went into each frame that I designed I had instant gratification.
ok place to work
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: pay is ok
Cons: no climate control and very dusty
start-find your area and get setup for counting inventory. learned-there is a lot of inventory to count here. management is ok, co-workers- we have a variety of workers male and female trying to stay out of each other way. hardest part- cleaning up the miss stock of inventory from other departments. enjoyable part- is break or quitting time
Cashier/Department Head (Current Employee), Edmond, OklahomaJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: great pay
I have worked with Hobby Lobby for four years. I typically work send-out freight(seasonal) and cashier. I love most of the people that I work with, we are all very close. The hardest part of the job is constantly keeping up with the new seasonal merchandise and the most enjoyable part is condensing, moving aisles and relaying.
Fellow employees are fun to work with and job is relatively easy
Customer Service/Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: closed on sundays
Cons: the fixtures are outdated making the job more time consuming than necessary.
A typical day of work at Hobby Lobby consists of customer service and helping customers find what item they are looking for in a specific location throughout the store. The main duties for my position are processing merchandise from the warehouse onto the sales floor, keeping the store looking professional and customer carry outs with bulky or heavy items. While working at Hobby Lobby I have learned a lot of useful skills to further my career. I developed superior customer service skills while working at a fast pace to finish projects that the managers give me. Up until the last couple years the management was great but that is all dependent on who is running the store and that has a tendency to change and vary from who your manager is. The most enjoyable part about the job is on our busiest days of the year the company caters food for all the employees. Making it easier to grab food and get back to work.
Great Atmosphere
Associate (Current Employee), Altoona, PAJanuary 17, 2015
Hobby Lobby was a great experience with a great staff of people. Management took the time to properly train and assist with any needs of the associates.
Great coworkers and atmosphere
Custom Framer (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 17, 2015
Learned how to deal with customers in a friendly manner. Learned how to safely use tools.
Good Company with Good Values
Team Member (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Hays, KSJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great co-wokers
I didn't work here for very long but I found it a really uplifting place. Just a good work environment with good employers. They don't tolerate any horseplay or profanity which leads to a productive workplace in which nobody feels down. :)
Nice environment to work in
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Niles, OHJanuary 15, 2015
Typical day is to greet customers as they enter the store. Take care of customer purchases and/or returns. Answer the telephone and direct the caller to the proper department. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet the whole shift. The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and seeing repeat customers.
Amazing environment to work in.
Framer (Current Employee), West Covina, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: family orriented.
Cons: long lines
My most enjoyable part at work would have to be making my customers smile after I hand them their project after it has been completed.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

In 1970, entrepreneurs David and Barbara Green, along with their young family, began making miniature picture frames in their – Read more

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Photos