Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Homewood, ALOctober 13, 2014
fun, easy environment to grow.
The customers are very friendly .
Great Oppertunity
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OhioOctober 12, 2014
I worked my way up from a part time employee to full time management within a year with this company. They have much to offer their employees and are there for them, and want their families to be their focus not work. I love working for this company and plan to stay and keep moving up.
Wonderful place to work!
Cashier (PT) (Former Employee), Rogers, AROctober 12, 2014
Pros: great store, management and coworkers
I Couldn't say enough. Great company. Great store manager. Coworkers were like a close net family. Good pay and benefits for FT.
Great job, loved it.
Department Leader (Former Employee), Hamilton, OHOctober 10, 2014
this was a great job and a great working environment. There was a great relationship between employees and with management. I could not begin to say how much I enjoyed my time there.
Christian Company and values
Department Head (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2014
Pros: closed on sundays.business hours monday-friday 9am-8pm. christmas bonus. every holiday off.
Cons: full timers cap-out at 35 hours a week, schedule isn't posted until late friday (sometimes not until saturday afternoon), opportunity for promotion limited.
A multi million business, good environment, good hard working co-workers.
a great place to work at if you are into crafts
Assistant Manager / Floral Designer (Former Employee), Saint Peters, MOOctober 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches the day after a hoilday
Cons: durning black friday no time for breaks but it did make the day go by faster
the typical day was making sure that you get your stock out, order if the stock is low help customers finding things and making floral arrangement's for them . what I learn was how to manage a staff.
The hardest part was when people left the work place . The best part was making new friends and helping people out
Very Busy merchandising Daily.
Department Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, AROctober 9, 2014
What more can I say except; have you shopped at Hobby Lobby? Very intensive, organized craft, decorating store. As a department head you reviewed displays, made suggestions to other members in your department to change, add, delete the display. As a member of your department, your individual talent and suggestion was encouraged. If you are a very organized – more... person, freight day was overwhelming, as merchandise was unpacked on the showroom floor. The Department I managed was the largest in the store and the challenges were exciting. – less
Interacting with the people was amazing
sales (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: social experience
Seeing all the different people everyday was a thrill. I learned alot about peoples lives and was able to help the elderly with there daily tasks.
Art/Creative Department - Run for your life!
Craft Designer (Former Employee), Hobby Lobby Corporate, Oklahoma CityOctober 8, 2014
Pros: competitive pay, easy work load
Cons: management, hr is insincere, stressful, gossip, catty, insurance is expensive
Pros: Worked for the Creative department as a "Craft Designer" for 27 months. The workload was easy, the work was easy, sounded like a fun and creative job. Rarely had to take work home. Salary was competitive, benefits were mediocre. No work incentives.

Cons: I'll start with the management. The management for the Creative Department seems to hide – more... the fact that they're not qualified for their jobs by being intimidating, building up a wall of buddies beneath them that they can manipulate.

They promote people based on whether they have a good "smile," if they dress cute, and most importantly, that they never ask questions or seem defiant. They are not concerned about creating a better product, making the company better or creating efficiency.

The department is ran like a gang of buddies, and if you're "in" you can skyrocket in advancement. If you're "out," you will be treated like excrement.

You will be treated like a child, made to sit in assigned seating and if you talk to the people beside you, you will be moved.

You are given a tall desk because the manager doesn't like for you to sit down at your desk because it "looks" like you aren't working.

You aren't allowed to bring cupcakes to work and share with friends, someone may feel "left out."

You can't throw a baby shower for a friend on your lunch break, someone may feel "left out."

You have to inform your supervisor 2 days in advance if your husband wants to come have lunch with you. Also, he can't bring your toddler because they might "annoy" someone.

You can't trust a single soul in the department for fear they will tattle on you and lose your job.

HR doesn't care about you as a person, they are also pawns of the management and will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat.

You are not allowed a voice, you will get fired if you speak up.

They monitor your lunch breaks, who you talk to, what you say, literally, your every move.

Literally, the most stressful job I've ever had. So glad I left. Should have been a dream job but the management made it a nightmare.

They aren't concerned about your health and safety, no safe places to hide in the event of a tornado. You will be asked to walk a significant distance to hide while the management gets to go to the nearest hiding place. Hmm.

In the event of an ice storm, you will be asked to come to work if it ever falls during Art Show week because they care more about the Art Show than your safety. HR had to go around apologizing to the people that came because multiple people had wrecks or slipped on the ice trying to come into the building.

Also, the insurance company is always trying to find ways not to pay for your care. – less
not a good company to work for
Stockroom / Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJOctober 7, 2014
well the hire people on a false pretense, they told the the employee's that they would possibly be hired long term if they would perform well putting the store together, but after doing so majority was let go. which I didn't think was fair...
Hobby Lobby
Cashier (Current Employee), Vicksburg, MSOctober 7, 2014
A day at Hobby Lobby is always an experience. There is so much culture and diversirty that comes threw our doors daily. the co-workers and managers are laid back and easy to talk to. There is no hard part to this job and the most enjoyable part is seeing all the customers coming out with their projects!
Productive and fast-paced workplace with great customer service.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Humble, TXOctober 6, 2014
On a typical day at Hobby Lobby I work my designed department or the registers. I balance answering customers' questions while maintaining a clean, zoned store and keeping returns to a minimum. I have learned what customer service should and should not be. You should always go out of your way for a customer if you have the opportunity. The management – more... assigns us to our department and/or registers and we know to keep things straight, give excellent customer service, and to keep our shelves stocked and full. My co-workers make the day easier. They assist on questions I cannot answer and we work as a team to give the best customer service possible. The hardest part of the job is working in the heat. If the company set the temperatures just a few degrees lower it would make working much more enjoyable. They keep it at 76 degrees at the lowest and multiple co-workers agree that it would be better if it were just a few degrees cooler. The most enjoyable part of the job is reacting with all of the different people. – less
Hobby Lobby Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCOctober 5, 2014
A typical day involves stocking shelves and assisting customers with various requests. Overall it is a relatively standard retail environment.
Wonderful people to work with, very energetic workplace
Certified Professional Framer (Current Employee), Owensboro, KYOctober 3, 2014
Everyone is very helpful.
Hardest part of job, at times, is working with the public.
Most enjoyable part is working with the public.
Very family oriented workplace.
Lots of very loyal personnel over about 17 states
manager retail (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: a great company to work for
I would recommend that anyone willing to work hard and be productive can go far in the company.
Great Place
Associate (Current Employee), Nampa, IDOctober 1, 2014
Pros: pay, christian based company, co-workers
Cons: only part time
It was hard work and took a lot of knowledge but it also proved to be an exciting yet challenging place to work. Had fun learning how to set and place a store from an empty warehouse to a store full of inventory. Very rewarding.
Negative environment with wonderful co-workers
Part Time Home Decor Lead (Former Employee), Albany, ORSeptember 29, 2014
While working at Hobby Lobby, I was able to see and understand how negative attitudes and poor communication can destroy a business. Sadly, the managers I worked underneath were far from uplifting and caused each day of work to be stressful and difficult. But no matter how difficult the day may be, I would always make sure to have a smile on my face – more... and give each customer my undivided attention in order to better the company in some way. The other co-workers at Hobby Lobby were wonderful and defiantly showed me how to be a hardworking adult even under poor management. – less
more worried about the business than the employees
Framing Dept. (Former Employee), Taylor, MISeptember 28, 2014
I enjoyed my co-workers and assisting customers, however management appeared to be concerned more about numbers. When it came to employee concerns, they came at the bottom of the list.
overall very good work experience
Department Manager (Former Employee), Des Moines, IASeptember 27, 2014
my work for Hobby Lobby allowed me to learn and expand my skills, in retail and the company as a whole work as a very good team.
No Structure
Store Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2014
Cons: long days lots of work with no help
Long days
Good money
Upper management not good
Co-workers not trained
Upper Management hurts the improvement of store and the growth of
customer service
Fast pace

1 2 3 4 5

About Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.

In 1970, entrepreneurs David and Barbara Green, along with their young family, began making miniature picture frames in their – Read more

Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. Photos